Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 251260 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #915 on: June 12, 2019, 10:02:00 am »

Work mechanic of geldable females or not?
Both male and female castes can have
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
so yes, all castes can be set to geldable.
What if geldable female will be gelded?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 12, 2019, 11:35:56 am »

She won't be able to have children, as simple as that. In the context of Anthousai, if you care about fluff like this, a flower without pistils won't produce pollen.

In this very moment I'm juiced up on Red Bull, listening to hype-ass eurobeat, and furiously modding cats. I plan to finish genera Catopuma, Felis and Leopardus today. Small cats are pretty same-y, so that should go fast.

Edit:

There's only so many real animals a man can make before he gets tired, so now for something completely different:

Jian, a one-winged bird admired for its romantic symbolism. Even if I could make them merge into a flying jiangjiang, they wouldn't be able to breed, defeating the purpose for the poor birds to even find mates. That's really sad if you think about it.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 13, 2019, 07:25:12 pm »

There's only so many real animals a man can make before he gets tired, so now for something completely different:

Jian, a one-winged bird admired for its romantic symbolism. Even if I could make them merge into a flying jiangjiang, they wouldn't be able to breed, defeating the purpose for the poor birds to even find mates. That's really sad if you think about it.

I see what you did there, you silly weeb. :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 13, 2019, 11:49:31 pm »

Maybe I'm just passionate about chinese mythology? Okay, I binge-watched that anime in two days, you're free to judge me. Ichigo best girl

Edit:
Finally managed to push myself to work on some original content for LCM. This time it's some of the Hito pets:

Shiba inu are sorta useless, being third the size of vanilla dogs. They come in three flavors: red, tan and black.

Kabutomushi are half-ton rhinoceros beetles used by Hito for pulling wagons, hauling goods, and as war mounts. They are also building destroyers, because why not. I basically un-verminated Voliol's hercules beetles.

Kuwagata are main war beasts for Hito. Those 80 kg stag beetles lay many eggs and grow to full size in just a year (exactly opposite to what real stag beetles are like), but they are grazers, so creating a beetle army isn't as simple as it could be.
I also used Voliol's stag beetles for this.

Rokubi is a hunting companion for Hito. Foxfire causes dizziness, drowsiness and speed decrease. The interaction is literally Rhenaya's drow mod's faerie fire, while actual faerie fire will be nerfed in LCM.

Shisa serve as both mounts and war beasts. They can use Smite Evil interaction from Forgotten Realms Direforged to cause great pain to any creature with [CREATURE_CLASS:EVIL] (that I spent way too long adding to stuff). Non-evil creatures also need to be afraid, because shisa are 300 kg lion-like monsters, magical or not.

Another edit:

Remaining Hito pets done!

Koi dragons are basically large dogs that are as fast in water as on land. They are the size of a vanilla monitor lizard, and has a dorsal fin and fleshy whiskers.

Yatagacho are three-legged geese.

The kujara is a reference to Tomba! 2, my favorite PS1 game. These gigantic chicks' feathers are actually wool.

Bound oni are a slave race to Hito. They grow up to 200k and learn mace fighting quickly.

Yet another edit:

I've started working on T'lethians. It's going to be my first creature really made from scratch, and just so it's not too simple it's actually 5 creatures in one: pathetic aquatoids, pathetic but psychically gifted aquatoid commanders, unremarkable gillmen, mighty lobstermen, and fearsome tasoths.

So far I've defined all 9 castes (tasoths are genderless), gave them names, sizes, max ages, body plans, basic stuff like this. I had to make some body parts: antennae and four pincers for lobstermen, processing cells and energy unit for tasoths, sectoid organs (vestigal digestion system) for aquatoids.
I already have aqua plastics and zrbite for some parts made, but things like lobstermen's bulletproof chitin or aqua-ceramics for processing cells will need new materials and tissues.

Also, I plan on stealing some interaction for aquatoids' MC panic ability. I'll just keep putting off learning about interactions for as long as possible.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 22, 2019, 08:20:09 pm »

I made a couple domestic critter analogs for dwarves/other civs with cavern access. And I'm also branching out into positive mood syndromes from foods. Mostly because I'm sick of dwarves in perfectly good living conditions having mental breakdowns. I suppose I could mod their stress vulnerability directly, but I felt it would be more rewarding to do so through hard work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:00 am »

Taking a break from refactoring the creature raws and updating them with more accurate information, to refactor the creatures to make tileset switching less of a pain with existing modded raws. I've done a pass through the material definitions to make them more authentic, trying to keep in mind that a simulation is only as good as its parameters. Made a body detail plan that has humans (and by extension dwaves and to a lesser extent other animals) weigh what they should, give or take, rather than 300+ kg monsters. That combined with the more authentic material properties means that all attacks are now horribly OP. Which means a weapon rebalance is in order after the refactoring is done. Then I can focus on the economic side if things.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #921 on: June 26, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »

Figured I'd share something that could be useful - I was doing some material temperature experimenting and got a less OP version of a fireball out of it when used in conjunction with a LIQUID_GLOB interaction. Here's a link - essentially, the moment it strikes a target it'll blow up into a cloud of gas and cause heat damage, however unlike a normal fireball it is still blockable and avoidable - you could lower the temperatures (melting point has to be higher than boiling) to not have a melting effect, but still blow up into a cloud of gas and cause inhaled syndromes instead.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 29, 2019, 02:03:55 pm »

I did it! I managed to create a new creature more or less from scratch! I've mastered tissues and body detail plans, so I'm basically unstoppable now! There are five castes:

Spoiler: Gillman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lobsterman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tasoth (click to show/hide)

A T'lethian siege will be a great way to paint forts many colors as each caste has blood of different colors - red for gillmen, green for aquatoids, blue for lobstermen, yellow bio-gel for tasoths.

I started working on this late at night, that's why descriptions are crappy. Welp, I'm gonna go fix them now.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 30, 2019, 06:58:59 pm »

I did it! I managed to create a new creature more or less from scratch! I've mastered tissues and body detail plans, so I'm basically unstoppable now! There are five castes:

Spoiler: Gillman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lobsterman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tasoth (click to show/hide)

A T'lethian siege will be a great way to paint forts many colors as each caste has blood of different colors - red for gillmen, green for aquatoids, blue for lobstermen, yellow bio-gel for tasoths.

I started working on this late at night, that's why descriptions are crappy. Welp, I'm gonna go fix them now.

Very cool. Congrats

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 02, 2019, 02:18:44 pm »

I've decided to finally throw the rest of my pride away and finally make catgirls/catboys. They are by no mean for domestic ownership, but rather castes for Asin's Culture Shock's Hito that I'm going to use in my modpack.

Differences from regular humans:
-Size of 65k
-Furry ears and tails
-Claws instead of nails
-Large eye teeth
-Catboys lack facial hair
-Cat-like personality (stubborn, vain, distrustful, ungrateful, basically amiable in every way)

Only semi-related to the topic of catgirls, but fully related to Animal Diversification Project - I've realized that descriptions for animal people and giant animals are fine when it's about tigers and elephants, but not descriptive enough for chiru, goas and tarucas, because who knows what a person with the head of a taruca would look like.
That's why I once I finished adding and modifying bears, I went back and started rewriting descriptions. While I'm at it I also change minor stuff such as cluster size, gaits and personality for animal people, and make size less random for giant animals. Bear men will live alone or in small groups, wildebeest people will travel in large herds like their feral version, animal man versions of common pests will steal stuff, etc.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #925 on: July 03, 2019, 01:51:52 am »

I'd recommend against giving playable sentient animal men the CURIOUSBEAST_something tokens if you think they'd pop up as visitors, since it seems to have the same issues as sentients with pack animal tokens - they'll be unable to put stuff down in fort mode.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 05, 2019, 12:28:13 pm »

I am working on a mod that I am calling "Goblin Fortress"

It is a comprehensive playable goblin race.

Current Features:
> Goblins: Carnivores, Large Litters, Short Child Duration, War Driven
> Patrolling armored goblin armies (including underground)
> Constant conflict and war (including civil wars between tribes)
> Pets: Cave Rats, Beak Dogs, Worgs (Milkable and Shearable), Giant Cave Spiders, Giant Cave Bats, Cave Crocodiles, Trolls, Ogres, Dwarf Slaves, Human Slaves, Elf Slaves, Goblin Slaves (Pet Armor and Barding)
> Magic: Fire, Blood, Death, Disease, Demon
> Nobility: King, Tribal Chieftains, War Chiefs, Shamans
> Diseases: Cave Blight, Lice, Mites, Prions
> Stone Anvils

Features in Progress:
> Bone Furniture
> Bone Weapons
> Meat Alcohol
> Alchemy: Potions and Poisons

The goblins have all of the features that dwarves have, but are supposed to feel like a completely different experience. They are meant to be played as violent, greedy, war driven and vile creatures. Nobility demand a lot, but the rest of the goblins can live in squalor. The fortress should focus on war preparation, training and combat. Goblins should be sent on raids often. A consistent meat source is required for food and a bone supply is required for most of their buildings and items.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:26:58 am by brolol.404 »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 05, 2019, 01:57:03 pm »

OH GOD NOT AGAIN
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #929 on: July 06, 2019, 06:24:13 pm »

Oh right, I found a kind of useful resource/method a time ago. This website that calculates the volume of an ellipsoid object from its height/width/depth can be used to get eggsizes for real creatures, as those are usually described that way by wikipedia.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 118