Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252816 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1095 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:24 pm »

How about trolls? They're always subjugated by the goblins in the vanilla game, and are rarely the subject of mods. It could be interesting to see what an independent troll society might look like.
This is a cool idea. I will think about how this society would look. I could probably do ogres after trolls as they would share some of the same ideas/concepts.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 14, 2019, 01:51:46 am »

Jeez, it's been ages since I've posted here.

Anyway, I made this... thing.
Spoiler: I'm Sorry (click to show/hide)

I also made kobold lay 100-200 eggs each. Not sure how that effects anything yet.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 14, 2019, 06:38:24 am »

lol wtf

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1098 on: December 14, 2019, 10:07:55 am »

I got bored again. Made a shitpost megabeast based on this image. It screams out senator Armstrong's lines and charges a fire jet attack before releasing it. Also bigger than a full-grown dragon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 14, 2019, 02:26:01 pm »

Spent a night writing up a couple new megabeasts. First one was based on the legend of the Am Fear Liath Mor. Took a giant and gave it powers to terrify enemies at range and even zombify someone it catches. It is terrifying. Havent gotten to test it in adventure or fort mode at all, but if it works right it will be quite the challenge with militia dwarves or companions seizing up instead of fighting and the possibility of fighting a rogue husked ally. Which sadly would probably cause a loyalty cascade.

Thinking of making its powers either subject to the silence spell or make a counter-spell like a resist fear/psychic effects or something, if it proves too powerful.

The other beastie was a giant man-eating tree with deadly venom from its thorned limbs. I think the thorns pop off if you smack them with a mace successfully, so that could be a smart strategy, but it has thorns on all six arms plus the trunk, and theyre razor sharp, so its very threatening nonetheless.

Thinking of what to do next, and couldnt help but notice I never got around to doing ghostly/incorporeal creatures. Mostly because that's technically impossible with the game requiring some form of tissue. So I'm back to deciding yet again whether theres more merit in making them super soft and easy to dispatch with a single blow and just, like, resurrect one-another endlessly in some cases or nearly adamantine-tough and requiring adamantine or other enchanted materials to damage them. The latter could be interesting, but a pain in the ass if you dont have anything made of the required materials on-hand.

...still havent fully implemented all the enchanted basins and potions I intended to. Gotta finish that too.

But I did get most of the civ-specific content separated so the player could choose to play with only the vanilla races + wizards or a bunch of other fantasy races.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 31, 2019, 08:33:17 pm »

Finally saw Rise of Skywalker, so I should update Jawa Fortress. It's been a while since I touched that mod, I'll add stuff from The Mandalorian along with the movie.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 17, 2020, 04:15:26 am »

I'm ready to officially announce that I'm working on LCM 3. What does that stand for? Well...

LCM, Less Crazy Modpack, was an overambitious project in merging as many mods as possible without making the game world too chaotic. Not being able to read raws or errorlogs was a major setback, but I managed to make everything work by bruteforcing and wishful thinking.

LCM 2 was a dhort-lived project that I started when I learned the very basics of modding. While I sure did learn a lot, especialy about body plans and tissues, the project was being made for a sequel to my story, not as a celebration of mods and their creators.

LCM 3 was started when I realized I can actually fix most issues that errorlogs point out. Since there was too much errors in the old modpack, I've decided to start from scratch. So far there's no errorlog with some big mods included.

Currently I'm working on properly including ZM5's Lufia addon into the new modpack. I didn't expect there would be so many creatures in that one, but I'm getting close to the end so everything is fine. I'll start a dedicated thread soon.

I'm also considering getting back to Animal Diversification Project, because I'm really feeling it again.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 17, 2020, 04:13:39 pm »

What mods are you including?

Currently, I just finished that update I had delayed for too long on Jawa Fortress. I've got some ideas for Primal. Just some new animals mostly, and now that the werecreatures give me an excuse to do outdated depictions I can add the Crystal Palace-era versions of Iguanodon and Megalosaurus as lycanthrope strains. After that I'll probably just wait for the update.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 04:16:46 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 17, 2020, 05:38:22 pm »

Bug fixes an tests. And do-overs. And tests. Frankly I'm burned out on DF modding at the moment. I just want to push this update and murder people in gta until Toady releases the new version, then sit on that for a couple months.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 17, 2020, 11:44:37 pm »

Still working on Age of Myth. I have a few ideas for monsters but I haven't actually added them yet.

Maned eel: Giant, eyeless eel with a "mane" made of strange filaments (Imagine a catfish. Now imagine its whiskers on an eel with no eyes. Then duplicate the whiskers a ridiculous amount of times so they encircle the entire head. Finally, make it huge. There, now you have a maned eel). Spawns underground.

Not named yet: Rarely spawns in all wetlands. Appears as a bound woman and cries for help until approached, after which it will become hostile and change form. Not sure what the "active" form should be yet.

Wight: Undead. Occasionally spawns instead of mummies. Can transmit wight infection through biting (accomplished via giving them infectious pus/blood and using an oozing/bleeding syndrome on their teeth), as well as reanimate corpses as wights.

Maybe some clockwork creatures? I already have a clockwork megabeast (With a GUN. On its HEAD.).
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 20, 2020, 10:29:15 pm »

Currently making an underground themed mod. Trying to think up ideas for creatures and plants.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1106 on: January 22, 2020, 08:05:12 am »

Only tiny changes, based on encounters, happening in OldGenesis mod, such as

- cow value increased to 1100.
- substance-throwing Mephits are too deadly compared to ogres and minotaurs and young ents, reduce from 40 kg to 22 kg.
- cave croc nerfed a little from 330 kg, was too deadly.
- moledogs reduced in size a little bit.
- giant stoat enlargened.
- giant moles are a little smaller now.
- giant ants bite better.
- fewer tropical buffaloes, as they massively destroy workshops now.

Currently making an underground themed mod. Trying to think up ideas for creatures and plants.
Could look at old scifi movie posters  :-*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 08:07:55 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 30, 2020, 01:59:45 pm »

*sounds of rusted-shut gears turning, sloooowly*

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 30, 2020, 02:00:54 pm »

Hey, welcome back Valikdu!
My mods and forum games.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 30, 2020, 03:07:58 pm »

Mostly I am trying to find an item quality other than artifact. Numbers and EXCEPTIONAL don't seem to do anything.
[INTERACTION:GIFT_WEAPON]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:obsidian]
   [I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ITEM:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
      [IE_ITEM_QUALITY:ARTIFACT]

From Nahere, a vanilla way to obsidianize:
[INTERACTION:OBSIDIANIZE]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]