Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 246761 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1170 on: February 14, 2020, 08:27:30 am »

Released a necromorph addon for my horror pack - should be fun to deal with them in fort mode. Did some quick testing (or what little I could given the worldgen crashes) in adv mode - had a pretty satisfying conclusion to one trek into the infected towns. Still gotta find any of their megabeast variants though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 14, 2020, 01:33:42 pm »

I finally released the magic stuff I was working on, for Adventurecraft. Was a fairly involved process since it entailed testing a lot of complex ideas, mostly because there are 3 spheres for each spell (don't want people to learn redundant copies of spells they already know), each spell is part of a mutually-exclusive pair (so learning one means I have to block learning its opposite), you can also learn them via syndromes from craftable megabeast potions (meaning re-implementing point one, except within the more limited abilities of syndromes, instead of also having interaction tokens to assist with that), AND I needed to rig it so that one spell's side effect includes a chance of permanently disabling your ability to cast spells (took a while to get sub-100% probability to work before I realized what I was doing wrong, and still had to find a syndrome effect that would properly cripple CAN_DO_INTERACTION stuff).

I think I still have leftovers of an unused interaction I decided to postpone working on, though it's at a stage of completeness where it doesn't errorlog, it's not used yet and still needs its actual effects updated. Maaaybe was finally caving and implementing that "give adventurers the power to temporarily remove CAN_LEARN from victims to enable cannibalism" idea Max came up with.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 15, 2020, 06:10:52 pm »

Been sitting on an Earthbound mod for about a year now. Just updated most of the creatures and interactions into .47, y'all know of any way creative work around for armor effects? Other than the normal reaction gas cloud, that is.

Also, is it possible to make a creature heat resistant through syndrome?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 15, 2020, 06:54:19 pm »

No way that I know of, sadly. Would be handy though. Literally something as basic as making FIREIMMUNE a valid tag for CE_ADD_TAG would be a massive boon to modders.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 15, 2020, 09:08:32 pm »

No way that I know of, sadly. Would be handy though. Literally something as basic as making FIREIMMUNE a valid tag for CE_ADD_TAG would be a massive boon to modders.

Right? It'd be really useful. Regardless, thanks for the answer!

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 16, 2020, 02:28:30 am »

Well actually you'd want a way for syndromes to alter the material properties of the target. FIREIMMUNE just tells them they're safe to path through hot areas, not actually make them resistant to heat.

As an aside, I wonder if coating somebody completely in a fixed temperature, spec heat none, fluid coating makes it so their body doesn't get burned? 🤔 That'd be some next-level simulation right there.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1176 on: February 16, 2020, 07:27:24 am »

Finally figured out how to reliably inject freezing-cold venom into a victim that would cause near-instant freezing damage and could be accumulated with multiple hits, eventually causing the victim to freeze to death, but would not continue to cause damage after the initial burst. The trick is to give the venom a SPEC_HEAT of 1, a BOILING_POINT of the temperature you desire, and a HEATDAM_POINT equal to the boiling point. Apparently boiling points are not respected for injected venom, but heat damage is.

Also, a botched attempt to spawn a block of ice on a traget made me realize that a creature spawning water on its own position every tick was possible. Leviathan ensued.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1177 on: February 16, 2020, 12:04:19 pm »

FIREIMMUNE and FIREIMMUNE_SUPER only tell the creature "hey, you should walk through fire/dragonfire, since elsewhere we have set your tissues to heat immune.", it's a pathing enable. Can a syndrome boost skin thickness?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 16, 2020, 12:07:16 pm »

Ah, how odd. Since we can't really fuck with tissue properties via syndromes yet, guess that explains why FIREIMMUNE isn't available...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 16, 2020, 08:04:55 pm »

Just noticed the new release, so I'll go through my mods again shortly.

*Looks like there weren't many changes on the modding side of things.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 16, 2020, 08:22:19 pm »

Supposedly the issue with natural skills causing crashes is fixed, so that's good.

Gonna see if my entities stop crashing now too, but I doubt it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 16, 2020, 08:30:20 pm »

Yeah, any mod made for 47.02 seems to also be compatible with 47.03, thankfully. Meanwhile on my end, still had a lil something to fix anyway. I forgot I gave humans staves, so when I converted from from tools back to being weapons that meant metal staves on spearmen.

And this morning, realized I forgot an important syndrome token in most of the magic essences, so that meant only protection from gargoyles (who were my initial testbed for implementing craftable magic stuff) worked. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1182 on: February 17, 2020, 10:07:26 am »

Supposedly the issue with natural skills causing crashes is fixed, so that's good.
Gonna see if my entities stop crashing now too, but I doubt it.
Yes, pressing-embark-crashes-if-NATURALSKILLS is fixed. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11329

World gen will still crash sometimes. Managed to make a 900 years small region. Medium region crashed around year 110.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 18, 2020, 07:09:18 am »

All my modded civs still cause crashing around that timeframe in most sizes of worlds. Without modded civs it seems to continue fine up to at least 250, cant figure out what im doing wrong.

There's still this annoying bug where you cant regenerate limbs lost to combat with historical figures. I have an adventure mode game right now where I have the interaction to regrow lost body parts, and it works correctly, but after fast travelling any lost body parts, in this case teeth, once again go missing. Healing interactions also weren't healing my broken fingers/ears or curing the infections in those parts even though they possessed the proper syndrome tags.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:12:49 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1184 on: February 18, 2020, 10:44:44 am »

Yeah, I'm still getting worldgen crashes too with a random timeframe. I don't even know if its an issue with the raws or still some worldgen thing - tried using my mods separately and nope they all still crash in worldgen.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 118