Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252849 times)

GreyGoldFish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1200 on: February 26, 2020, 04:01:42 am »

I'm in the brainstorming/design phase of my mod, but since I don't have any experience with modding DF, I'm not quite sure about the feasibility of my ambitions. Basically, I want to add Dwarven tech to DF, such as primitive electricity with copper wires instead of axles (electrocute your dwarves for lots of !FUN!), realistic electricity generation with steam engines, pistons that can move walls, blunderbusses, music boxes, clocks, and other complex mechanical crafts, etc.

If the dwarves of DF are anything like their players, then they should have access to so many more ways of automating and making their lives easier besides magma and minecarts!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 26, 2020, 05:24:00 am »

I'm in the brainstorming/design phase of my mod, but since I don't have any experience with modding DF, I'm not quite sure about the feasibility of my ambitions. Basically, I want to add Dwarven tech to DF, such as primitive electricity with copper wires instead of axles (electrocute your dwarves for lots of !FUN!), realistic electricity generation with steam engines, pistons that can move walls, blunderbusses, music boxes, clocks, and other complex mechanical crafts, etc.

If the dwarves of DF are anything like their players, then they should have access to so many more ways of automating and making their lives easier besides magma and minecarts!
Regrettably, none of that is remotely feasible without DFHack, and even then it would require a good deal of work. You can't add new mechanics to the game merely by editing the raws.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1202 on: February 26, 2020, 07:48:54 am »

primitive electricity with copper wires instead of axles,
Can't. Can make battery items in a workshop though.

-realistic electricity generation with steam engines
could use coal item plus water bucket to output charged battery item.
instead of electrocute, a battery using workshop can cause a gas leak of syndrome.

-pistons that can move walls
absolutely impossible. Can move water with automated floodgates.
(also impossible: invader dismantles wall.) Can make an immobile GOLEM creature that has push-a-creature interaction.
We have retracting and raising drawbridges.

-blunderbusses
just a renamed crossbow with more damage

-music boxes
new musical instrument, doable, a hurdygurdy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:54:46 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

GreyGoldFish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 26, 2020, 03:17:20 pm »

Uh, wow! It seems that I am incredibly out of my depth, then! I guess I should focus on simpler stuff right now since I'm just getting started, but I'd really like to implement some form of dwarven tech.
primitive electricity with copper wires instead of axles,
Can't. Can make battery items in a workshop though.

-realistic electricity generation with steam engines
could use coal item plus water bucket to output charged battery item.
instead of electrocute, a battery using workshop can cause a gas leak of syndrome.

-pistons that can move walls
absolutely impossible. Can move water with automated floodgates.
(also impossible: invader dismantles wall.) Can make an immobile GOLEM creature that has push-a-creature interaction.
We have retracting and raising drawbridges.

-blunderbusses
just a renamed crossbow with more damage

-music boxes
new musical instrument, doable, a hurdygurdy

You've given me some really useful tips, though! Thank you :)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 28, 2020, 11:05:53 pm »

Slowly updating while mucking about 47.xx.

Noticed outsider equipment in Adv Mode character creation pulls from the exe as they have no civ RAWs determining what they get. Sadly that means the unavoidability of copper bows :P

Outsiders also get some <vault adjective> copper armor types. I guess that's no different from when you delete enough RAW entries so that item population fills cabinets with <vault adjective> leather clothing or depots with <vault adjective> copper armor types.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 29, 2020, 12:45:54 am »

Currently trying to make the newest underground species in a mod I'm collabing on actually join dwarven civs like animal-people and go on WG rampages. Maybe I have poor luck, but they just show up in the underground pops but don't attack or join dwaven sites. I'm confused. Here are the raws if anyone wants them.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:REOKYL]
[OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE]
[DESCRIPTION:A draconian-like creature with large, pseudo-metallic, plate armor-like scales. It lives underground in small groups.]
[NAME:reokyl:reokyls:reokyl]
[CASTE_NAME:reokyl:reokyls:reokyl]
[CREATURE_TILE:'r'][COLOR:7:0:0]
[LOW_LIGHT_VISION:100000]
[CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES]
[SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3]
[DIFFICULTY:2]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:15:20]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:5]
[FREQUENCY:20]
[EQUIPS]
[LISP]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[FANCIFUL]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[NOFEAR][NOEXERT]
[BABY:1]
[CHILD:12]
[CARNIVORE]
[BONECARN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ARMOR:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:armor]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:armor]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:molten armor]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten armor]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:gaseous armor]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:gaseous armor]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:GRAY]
[IMPACT_YIELD:602000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:843500]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:547]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:602000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:843500]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:547] no data, used 110
[TENSILE_YIELD:172000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:241000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:156] 110
[TORSION_YIELD:172000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:241000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:156]
[SHEAR_YIELD:172000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:241000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:156] no data, used 110
[BENDING_YIELD:172000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:241000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:156]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[TISSUE:ARMOR]
[TISSUE_NAME:armor:armor]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ARMOR]
[SETTABLE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:SCALES]
[PREFSTRING:armor-like scales]
[PERSONALITY:BRAVERY:75:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:75:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:VIOLENT:75:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:CRUELTY:75:80:100]
  [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH_SNOUT:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH_MOUTH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:PARCHMENT]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:ARMOR:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:CLAW:FRONT]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:LEATHERY_EGG_MATERIALS]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:MUSCLE:ARMOR]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:ARMOR:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ICHOR:ICHOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:OLIVE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ICHOR:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:17500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:72000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:100:100:100]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:PUNCH_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:KICK_ATTACK]
[ATTACK:CLAW:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CLAW]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:claw:claws]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:1000:1000:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:1000:1000:1000:1100:1100:1100:1500]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:WILLPOWER:3000:3500:3750:4000:4250:4500:5000]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:675:450:225:1900:2900] 39 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5341:4723:4112:1254:6433:7900] 7 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph, NO DATA
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:6]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[HOMEOTHERM:10040]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:6100]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:7:14]

[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ARMOR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GRAY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:08:25 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1206 on: February 29, 2020, 07:33:02 am »

Might be that undergroundness or egg-laying or difficulty tag
makes them not join a civ.
Make a parallel, above-ground version of them, see if they join civs.

This altered yeti creature is almost guaranteed to join civs, I have seen so many yeti poets come to visit.
Heck! Do my yetis have any natural skills?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:40:54 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 29, 2020, 09:10:11 am »

Might be that undergroundness or egg-laying or difficulty tag
makes them not join a civ.
Make a parallel, above-ground version of them, see if they join civs.

This altered yeti creature is almost guaranteed to join civs, I have seen so many yeti poets come to visit.
Heck! Do my yetis have any natural skills?
Gorlaks and plump helmet men join civs despite being underground... And they don't join civs even without the difficulty tag, and I have an aboveground creature that lays eggs and can join civs so it can't be the egg-laying.

Might as well talk about the creature and the mod itself. The creature was made up during a brainstorming session on Discord and as an experiment to see if "natural" armor would work. The mod will add at least two more species to each site type as well as adding some !!FUN!! creatures. I might make the reokyls a second mountain species instead of a wilderness creature.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:56:47 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1208 on: February 29, 2020, 07:32:23 pm »

Normally I have trouble genning worlds more than 130 years or so before worldgen slows to a crawl due to the expanding population.

However, I tried testing a world (in my typical blended test fashion) that had exclusively the Mortal Kombat races and the Citadel of Ricks.  The result?  So much war and killing that the world managed to gen for 300 years before even starting to slow down.

Not quite as conceptually amusing as dropping Outworld on the Mushroom Kingdom, but the positive effect of copious violence on worldgen speed is something that never really occurred to me.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 08, 2020, 08:00:46 am »

Playing with interactions today. Haven't done much with these before. Managed to give my Dark Hippos (like regular hippos, but more evil), an evil hippo roar which propels it's targets.

Testing in the arena, one dark hippo scatters a bunch of hippo men all over the place before finishing them off, knocks over a few giant hippos for a relatively fair fight and when confronted with a giant elephant will roar at them in vain (before plowing in with evil hippo-venom bites). Seems like a good balance.

Also set a dark hippo against a large bunch of beetle men. Unpause for an explosion of beetle bits. Ha ha ha.
Note to self: run away if encountered while playing an insect person.

And today's discovery is that propel will knock you flying off a heavy mount. Sad but not unexpected.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 08:54:47 am by Shonai_Dweller »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1210 on: March 08, 2020, 09:11:58 am »

While experimenting with potential spells for a hydromancy secret, I came up with a fun combo of being able to spawn water, and being able to propel enemies but only if they were IN water.  Combine them together and turn them up to 11, and you get a passable Endbringer Leviathan (from Worm).  Might make the other Endbringers too, they could be a fun set of megabeasts for fort mode...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1211 on: March 08, 2020, 09:39:40 am »

While experimenting with potential spells for a hydromancy secret, I came up with a fun combo of being able to spawn water, and being able to propel enemies but only if they were IN water.  Combine them together and turn them up to 11, and you get a passable Endbringer Leviathan (from Worm).  Might make the other Endbringers too, they could be a fun set of megabeasts for fort mode...
Ngl those would be pretty awesome to fight and deal with, even if I don't think some of them would be replicable (particularly the one that copies powers and the one that is a massive landscaper, I forget their names).

I'm slowly progressing through the hero update for the Warcraft mod; taking longer than I thought it would (but then again I've been coming across the issue of "oh hey, I remembered X race has a potential caster/hero type as an alternate caste based on specific NPCs/concept art" so the list keeps getting longer) - still, should be fun once there's a more stable DF update out and a lot of these casters/heroes become histfigures.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 09, 2020, 12:59:45 pm »

May I steal this? I wanted to do something for my water elemental secret in Spellcrafts and this sounds really cool. Will of course credit you for the idea.

I'm slogging through all my secrets and interactions that involved summoning right now anyways, so now's the time to change things like this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:01:56 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 10, 2020, 07:43:44 am »

In the span of a month I've been addicted to Rimworld, Darkest Dungeon AND Waifu Emblem, but I still managed to have some work done.

Nothing new on the modpack front; still slowly and steadily incorporating Warcraft creatures from ZM5's mod. Hundreds of creatures need their leather, scales and chitin recolored, creature classes relating to type and resistances added, and references to civilized races removed from descriptions. I'm at the end of the biggest file, which fills me with determination.

My upcoming dinosaur hybrid mod is also shaping up nicely. I've been touching up some already finished stuff: Allosaurus/Bananogmius hybrid has extremely low endurance due to its underdeveloped lungs that are a result of its piscine genes; Carnoraptor, combining raptor and abelisaur traits, is extremely fast; herbivore hybrids can pull wagons and carry stuff.

I've also had a look at Animal Diversification Project that I hadn't touched in a long time. I'm thinking about rebranding it, because it does a lot more than just diversifying animals.
I'll try to do a little yet meaningful change - instead of editing creature variations I'll make a new file. The goal is to have the mod edit only creature files to increase compatibility with other mods. Not sure what other files I had edited, but the errorlog will tell me that.

edit:
What the hell happened there? That's what I get for typing on my phone with barely any signal

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 10, 2020, 12:57:06 pm »

Huh, I've never heard of Bananogmius, and I was looking pretty hard to find prehistoric fish for my mod a while back. I think I'll add that to Primal eventually.

As for me, I haven't really felt like modding lately, but I'll probably get back to it eventually. WillowLuman gave me permission to take over maintaining her daleks, so I'll probably do that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:39:37 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 118