Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252619 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1395 on: February 18, 2021, 05:37:48 am »

Well ended up with a night troll that ended up being fully peaceful similar to the civil bogeyman so now I'm looking up means to recreate this in a vanilla raw folder since the method I got the night troll to be peaceful was from modding expedition leaders to be military units and before doing that I notice the night troll already was a military commander so now I wonder if I could just make a squad while they are in the position, also think being stealthy and putting the night troll in a position where they don't instantly make themselves enemies of the player fort civ before answering the question of taking up the mantle of expedition leader might also help.

edit: ok so I can confirm from getting an ettin through the same process that it's possible to get them to be friendly by getting lucky on noble position placement and the creature becoming a military commander after giving them expedition leader role.

so now I realize the Expedition leader mod I made makes this process a lot easier to pull off.

though this also means any modded creature that can talk is open to manual migration.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:59:57 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 24, 2021, 05:55:23 pm »

Did you just add a [SQUAD:10:soldier:soldiers] tag to expedition leaders or does it also need to take over for the militia_commander position's [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]?

I've been having trouble with not being able to grow a particular plant that was important for alchemy. Replaced the current plant definition with one from a previous version and suddenly you can plant it again. No ideas, must have deleted a tag somewhere... I'm not experiencing as many worldgen crashes now after various other work, but something is still crashing, very rarely, which is a pain in the ass
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sternenklaren Ritter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 03, 2021, 09:04:54 am »

I've added most solid elements from the periodic table to my fortress. I figure dwarves know everything about rocks, so they can extract any element from them, with a bit of alchemy and some dwarven !!SCIENCE!!. Strontium for example, is a reactive alkaline earth metal that ignites in the presence of water or warm damp air. I set its ignition point to 10050U, which means that strontium armor will sit pretty in the forge, but burst into flames if worn (or hauled more than a couple tiles distance).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 03, 2021, 11:05:03 am »

Did you just add a [SQUAD:10:soldier:soldiers] tag to expedition leaders or does it also need to take over for the militia_commander position's [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]?

I've been having trouble with not being able to grow a particular plant that was important for alchemy. Replaced the current plant definition with one from a previous version and suddenly you can plant it again. No ideas, must have deleted a tag somewhere... I'm not experiencing as many worldgen crashes now after various other work, but something is still crashing, very rarely, which is a pain in the ass
   [SQUAD:20:Squadmate:SquadMates]
so far just added this to the position nothing really else. it does lead to a bit where I need to switch the expedition leader position to someone else so that the expedition leader can return back from their trip or else they just stand on the edge of the map.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 04, 2021, 03:45:49 pm »

I'm in the planning phase of trying to make an insect mod/small world mod yet again, because the idea of feudal bug stuff interests me. I am still figuring out a playable race and how I'd make the world work exactly, such as how to do grass and such. As for the setting itself, part of me is feeling a more fantastical approach, but I feel that'd be a lot like Hollow Knight, and I want some other sort of vibe to it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 04, 2021, 04:18:35 pm »

I'm in the planning phase of trying to make an insect mod/small world mod yet again, because the idea of feudal bug stuff interests me. I am still figuring out a playable race and how I'd make the world work exactly, such as how to do grass and such. As for the setting itself, part of me is feeling a more fantastical approach, but I feel that'd be a lot like Hollow Knight, and I want some other sort of vibe to it.

You might like to look at Brolol's abandoned bug mod. He did most of the environment modding already, and his posts about the frustrations that seemingly got him to eventually drop it could help avoid problems.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:20:59 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 05, 2021, 10:32:41 pm »

You might like to look at Brolol's abandoned bug mod. He did most of the environment modding already, and his posts about the frustrations that seemingly got him to eventually drop it could help avoid problems.

Thank you!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 05, 2021, 11:04:54 pm »

Thank you!

You're welcome! I've always wanted to see a completed bug mod.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 06, 2021, 08:22:30 pm »

A red-eyed, white haired minotaur visitor to my tavern finally confirms (to me) that changing eye colour due to age is working just fine. Added this years ago to be able to spot a minotaur vampire (eyes change colour well after regular minotaurs die of old age) and never really tested to see if it worked. Quite pleased now.

Not actually needed as he's showing up as a night creature anyhow... ::)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 11, 2021, 02:24:54 am »

Fortress of the Apes is ready for release!

Apes value the sense of community and order, honoring the ages-old rule of 'Ape Shall Never Kill Ape', however they are not above waging wars against humanoids and goblinoids, which they do constantly. Mechanics-wise, they are baby snatchers, because they keep humanoid slaves, and also item thieves, because I didn't want them to be allied to goblins.

Even a single ape thief may be dangerous due to most species being stronger than a human. Siegers and ambushers may come with most vanilla weapons with the exception of bows, and may come with common domestic mounts. Having been the inheritors of human culture, apes have no knowledge of steel working.

While apes claim that every ape is equal, more peaceful species (bonobo, orangutans and gibbons) are barred from high military positions, and gibbons, as the least intelligent of apes, can't assume any position of leadership.

I'll upload the mod later today.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 14, 2021, 01:46:01 am »

Did something go wrong with Fortress of the Apes?
My mods and forum games.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 14, 2021, 05:03:13 pm »

I had to make a few little changes, then I simply forgot to upload it. It do be like that sometimes.

Now it's up.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 14, 2021, 05:30:07 pm »

I had to make a few little changes, then I simply forgot to upload it. It do be like that sometimes.

Now it's up.

I get that, I've still got a Civ 3 mod I haven't got around to uploading.

Looks like a good mod!
My mods and forum games.

Locksoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 14, 2021, 09:36:30 pm »

I'm trying to make Dwarven Wakanda by adding a syndrome to Adamantine that increases the physical attributes of dwarves, basically making them mutants.

So far, I've managed to add a syndrome to Adamantine proper that will enter blood when it pierces the skin (I think), which means that either using strands in a hospital or wearing Adamantine earrings should induce the syndrome. It would also mean that anything hit by a weapon made from Adamantine might infect something with the syndrome, so I might just remove the injected part maybe.

The other thing I managed to do was create a secondary stone that, functionally, looks like Adamantine (same color, same tile on tileset, ect.), but turns to gas/dust once it hits air because it has a lower boiling point. I then added this material as a byproduct to smelting adamantine wafers in reactions, so any dwarves on furnace duty become mutated.

Just recently, I added a plant that carries the syndrome, and made it so that it only shows up in savage mountains. That way I'd have access to it, since I like embarking on swamps that border savage mountains, and so that other races won't have access to it under normal circumstances.

So far, everything seems to have worked in the arena, but I'm still in the process of testing it in game.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 15, 2021, 02:19:14 am »

I enjoyed my latest civ modding experiments, so I've got some more ideas on my proverbial desk:

Fortress of the Apes: Ancient Expansion - a civilization of extinct apes such as Gigantopithecus and Proconsul. It would synergize with mods that use the EXTINCT creature class, such as Primal or my in-development Dino Hybrids. A giant orangutan riding a mammoth into battle would be a terrifying sight to behold. I'd probably limit their metal-smelting capabilities.

Misc civs, or just misc creatures- basically a bunch of unrelated stuff. So far I've got:
-Kagusagi - a race of rabbit-eared people from the moon. They have a rare caste - kagusagi hime - with some extreme attribute actions and natural skills, as well as the ability to spawn gold nuggets once in a season or so.
-Wukong - a species of intelligent monkeys. One in ten thousand or so is a monkey king, fluff-wise a monkey reincarnated as a demi-god through chi cultivation. Return to monki, progress to godhood.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118