Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 246740 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1410 on: March 15, 2021, 01:39:40 pm »

I'm trying to make Dwarven Wakanda by adding a syndrome to Adamantine that increases the physical attributes of dwarves, basically making them mutants.
So far, I've managed to add a syndrome to Adamantine proper that will enter blood when it pierces the skin (I think), which means that either using strands in a hospital or wearing Adamantine earrings should induce the syndrome. It would also mean that anything hit by a weapon made from Adamantine might infect something with the syndrome, so I might just remove the injected part maybe.
As far as I know, a solid item cannot give a syndrome. We'd have "rare altar sacrifice gave speed boost sword". Also, earrings do not "pierce the skin".
I reckon best option would be a workshop reaction that consumes Adamantine threads(or rings or earrings or crowns) and gives a puff of permanent-boost-syndrome gas.

Or maybe I recall wrong and SYN_CONTACT explains it: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Syndrome#SYN_CONTACT
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1411 on: March 15, 2021, 01:53:31 pm »

Lots of cleaning up teh LOLmod (well, adding the ”_TLM” suffix to most of the objects) and fixing bugs along the way, such as cars missing half of their wheels.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 15, 2021, 02:09:12 pm »

Lots of cleaning up teh LOLmod (well, adding the ”_TLM” suffix to most of the objects) and fixing bugs along the way, such as cars missing half of their wheels.

The cars were missing wheels? Sorry about that, how did that happen?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1413 on: March 15, 2021, 03:41:47 pm »

The front wheels connected to the hood. The hood was sort-of-defined, but the lines for it came before those of the main body which it (was supposed to be) connected to. This caused the hood to be non-existent and with it the front wheels.

Don’t apologize, it’s in the past now... or at least will be soonish. :)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 15, 2021, 03:44:22 pm »

Thanks for the find, my Half Life cars were made with the same raws. I'll correct them to fix the issue there.

*The two affected cars have been fixed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 03:49:55 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Locksoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 15, 2021, 10:36:10 pm »

I'm trying to make Dwarven Wakanda by adding a syndrome to Adamantine that increases the physical attributes of dwarves, basically making them mutants.
So far, I've managed to add a syndrome to Adamantine proper that will enter blood when it pierces the skin (I think), which means that either using strands in a hospital or wearing Adamantine earrings should induce the syndrome. It would also mean that anything hit by a weapon made from Adamantine might infect something with the syndrome, so I might just remove the injected part maybe.
As far as I know, a solid item cannot give a syndrome. We'd have "rare altar sacrifice gave speed boost sword". Also, earrings do not "pierce the skin".
I reckon best option would be a workshop reaction that consumes Adamantine threads(or rings or earrings or crowns) and gives a puff of permanent-boost-syndrome gas.

Or maybe I recall wrong and SYN_CONTACT explains it: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Syndrome#SYN_CONTACT

I did manage to make it so that making Adamantine wafers makes a special gas that confers the syndrome to anybody who breathes it in, and hopefully affects grass so any grazers are affected as well when they eat (mutated war mammoth anybody?). The other part is that I made it so that Adamantine strands, when "accidentally" used for a hospital, can confer the syndrome since I've added the proper tags to make SYN_INJECTED work.

For the most part, the only reference I'd leave in for the MCU is the plant, since it's more of a "make Adamantine more mystical" kinda mod. Adamantine on it's own is just a really rare, really light metal that makes for really good weapons and armor, and it plugs up the circus.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 16, 2021, 03:59:13 am »

I think I've finished the kagusagi creature. Kagu-hime have a perfect memory and patience, and low empathy and love propensity, so if you're a suitor you're in for a bad time, especially if you're not immortal.
The hime caste can spawn gold nuggets once a season as a divine allowance kinda deal, and instill false hope in allies, making them fearless.

Next are japanese-themed weapons and clothing. I've already stolen borrowed some weapons from ZM5's mods and made some extra ones (wakizashi, shakujo) for my modpack (that's on hiatus, by the way, in case anyone was wondering).Clothing I'll make from scratch.

Edit:
Yo, garden gnomes!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 14, 2021, 05:02:07 pm »

I released a small update to Primal to give more dinosaurs feathers and adjust the dire wolf in light of the discovery that they weren't the same genus as wolves.

Man, it's been a long time since I modded much. I think the announcement of the graphical release sort of spoiled the fun for me, since users will expect tilesets for everything now. Still, I'll try and get at least Primal prepared for the release on time.

Maybe I'll start making new content again someday, after I'm finally caught up on all these tiles. I've always wanted to do Minecraft and Spongebob total conversions.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:10:24 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 14, 2021, 05:38:10 pm »

I think I've finished up weapons for Kagusagi. Kagusagi are human-sized.

Swords:
-Katana - comparable to longsword, lower penetration and contact area, greater velocity. Two handed for dwarves.
-Wakizashi - comparable to shortsword, low penetration and contact area, very fast.
-Zanbato - comparable to two-handed sword, larger contact area, lower penetration, slightly faster.

Hammers:
-Otsuchi - a large war mallet, between war hammer and maul in contact area. Two-handed even for humans, but dwarves should be able to use it.

Maces:
-Kanabo - a huge knobbed mace, unusable by dwarves. Great for pulping. Favored by oni.
-Jitte - a nightstick of a sort, not great as an offensive weapon if I gotta be honest.
-Chigiriki - a type of flail with smaller area and slightly higher velocity. Dwarves can only use it two-handed.

Axes:
-Ono - a battle axe with a slightly greater contact area.

Spears:
-Yari - a larger spear, cuts deeper, but can't be used by kobolds.
-Bo - a staff for striking and jabbing. Truth be told, I have no idea how this will work out; testing in order. Two-handed for both dwarves and humans.
-Shakujo - a staff with metal rings on one end, not really designed for fighting. Larger contact area nad lower velocity than the bo, but can be used one-handed even by most dwarves. Favored by tengu.

Pikes and polearms:
-Naginata - comparable to halberd, larger contact area, but doesn't cut quite as deep. No stab attack.
-Nagae-yari - just renamed pike, because that's what it is.

Whips:
-Kusarigama - a sickle on a chain. Slash attack has high velocity, which combined with other stats should make it very deadly. Also has a chain attack.

Knives (Kagusagi are neither thieves or snatchers, so there's little chance of seeing these unless I make some other japanese-themed civ):
-Tanto - comparable to large dagger but superior.
-Kama - a sickle. Better at severing extremities than daggers.
-Bladed fan - a functional and deadly fan of gunsen variety. Cuts wide but not deep.

Bows:
-Yumi - a longbow, larger and stronger than vanilla bow, fires regular arrows. Can't be used one-handed by any of the civilized races.

Crossbows and firearms:
-Oyumi - a larger and stronger crossbow. Fires regular bolts. Can't be used one-handed by any of the civilized races.
-Tanegashima - a matchlock arquebus, fires bullets with great power and velocity. Two-handed for humans and kagusagi, but an oni or a troll holding two rifles would be a sight to behold.
-Tanegashima pistol - a matchlock pistol, weaker than its two-handed equivalent, but one-handed for everything larger than a kobold.

Blowguns and throwing weapons:
-Fukiya - a slightly longer blowgun, so long that a kobold would have to hold it in both hands. Whacking attack has slightly greater velocity due to added weight.
-Shuriken - the ninja star we all know and love. Fires shurikens. Can be used for slashing and stabbing, but a dagger is better for the job.
-Kunai - a trowel turned weapon. Fires kunai. Pretty good for stabbing.

At first I thought I'd just steal the weapons from other people's mods, but I ended up making substantial alterations and adding my own weapons.

catnapcat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 15, 2021, 11:42:42 am »

So I've been getting into modding a little, and I made what is basically a human(I'm calling it a nemesis), but with adamantine bones and blood that carries a syndrome that slowly but continuously bruises those it touches. The idea is that enemies that try to kill it(and splash its blood all over themselves) doom themselves to a slow, slow death, because apparently if a bruising syndrome goes on long enough, it will destroy limbs, according to the wiki entry. Anyways, I was playing around in the arena, one thing led to another, and I've realized that blood loss is, in fact, a thing. Now, I've set the healing rate of all tissues to be 1, the same as a hydra's, but that isn't quite enough. I know I could use syndromes to stop bleeding or to close wounds, but I want this creature to be able to fight on while bleeding all over the place and not die of blood loss, at least not too easily. gui/gm-editor lets me set the blood in the body to be way beyond the maximum, but is there any other way?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 16, 2021, 04:05:53 am »

I knew those japanese-themed pets I had lying around would come in handy. I just had to make a few adjustments:

-bound oni, which I was never really satisfied with, are now lunar oni. They come in two flavors: black and white, as opposed to the usual red and blue. The two kinds differ in personality and some mental attributes.
-shisa couldn't use its smiting interaction against vanilla evil creatures without changing the raws. It never occured to me that I could just specify creatures the interaction works on rather than relying on creature classes.

Some pets I made for halflings, namely pot-bellied bigs and giant angora rabbits also went to kagusagi, and some vanilla animals will follow (cats, water buffaloes, chickens, peafowls, rabbits, horses).

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 18, 2021, 02:33:01 am »

I finally got my dwarven mutant variants working after shelving them for several months. They did work (somewhat) previously, but I had messed up tissue layering apparently, so combat logs had a bunch of skin being dented and fractured. Took some effort to pinpoint the problem from around 20 castes, but now the problem is solved.

And now that the mutants function properly, I'm unsure if I want to use them at all. Oh well, guess I'll put them back on the shelf then.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 20, 2021, 06:53:27 am »

So far a suitor can obtain a fire rat's pelt, a dragon's gem, and a branch from a jeweled tree. Not sure what to do with the swallow's cowrie shell, it could either be a snail with feathered wings, or a swallow with a shell. Buddha's begging bowl may be unobtainable though, which is kinda sad, all things considered. Maybe some sort of enlightenment secret?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 21, 2021, 08:44:41 am »

And now that the mutants function properly, I'm unsure if I want to use them at all. Oh well, guess I'll put them back on the shelf then.
Decided to try them out after all and made mutant versions of humans and goblins while at it.

At least in world gen they function the way intended and occasionally flee to the wilds or get hunted down (though, there's the occasional deity that takes the form of a mutant caste dwarf and gets "killed", which I guess can't be avoided with the bloodsucker tag). The mutants are quite rare and in fort mode the bloodsucker tag is removed via a secretion syndrome so they don't end up behaving like vampires there (but to compensate that, they cause uneasiness to non-mutants around them).

Currently genning a new world with 450 years of history to do a longer test run to see how things pan out.

crupette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 21, 2021, 06:14:15 pm »

I switched from editing raw files from a text editor to editing raws using pydwarf.

On a less fun note, did you know that most animals in dwarf fortress don't have eyelids or cheeks? I discovered this while trying to give dogs jowls
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 118