Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mirror, Mirror  (Read 3985 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Mirror, Mirror
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:59 pm »

The idea is that this is a succession hosting game, where the mechanics are not really explained. The next host must simply guess how it was done, and continue.

The successor can take the game in a new direction, but should not make a jarring transfer, and try to transition smoothly.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Mirror, Mirror
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »

HOST: FallacyofUrist

Okay then.

Sending PMs now... just after my final revision.
Edit.
~~~
The void. The blank void. Four friends, one foe. Journeying together. Soon they would arrive. For the moment though, they would talk. Try to ferret out the interloper, the clever one with murder on his mind.

Feel free to talk among yourselves until you arrive tomorrow(Thursday). You can also use this time for planning.

I'm going to set a ground rule though: Like in mafia, no directly quoting your role PM, though you may paraphrase.

Do you like the flavor?
~~~
Edit: Roseheart, could you please note in the thread title that the game has(mostly) begun?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:39:17 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:51:34 pm »

Hosts
1. FallacyofUrist (current)
2. (open)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:22:41 am by roseheart »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:28:52 am »

Sure, I'll start.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »

The floor is yours.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 05:10:09 pm »

Right. I'm going to try to devise some complicated system for the moment. If I don't message you or post by Friday, just skip me.

Hopefully my muse will strike and you will see a thing of beauty.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »

Maybe this will inspire you...

Dwarfen Muse uses Epiphany Bash with Club of Innovation on Fallacy of Urist: FOU prepares for a Low Blow, but the Dwarfen Muse went for a Head Blow! +2 advantage to Dwarfen Muse for perfect location, but Epiphany Bash takes away 1 point for an advantage of only +1.

(4+1v6) The hit connects perfectly, but FOU takes it like a champ! 1 blunt damage, and 1 mind damage for unprotected bash damage to the head. Now, Epiphany Bash's effect takes place; Since FOU was hit on the head, Epiphany Bash's secondary effect gets a 100% proc rate! FOU has fallen into a Soul Journey!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:54:40 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 07:19:14 pm »

XD what
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 08:18:01 pm »

Dwarfen Muse uses Epiphany Bash with Club of Innovation on Fallacy of Urist: FOU prepares for a Low Blow, but the Dwarfen Muse went for a Head Blow! Advantage to Dwarfen Muse for perfect location, but Epiphany Bash penalty

The hit connects perfectly, but FOU takes it like a champ! A little blunt damage and mind damage for unprotected bash damage to the head. Now, Epiphany Bash's effect takes place; Since FOU was hit on the head, Epiphany Bash's secondary effect gets an improved proc rate! FOU has fallen into a Soul Journey!

Fix'd

since this game purposely keeps hitting how the mechanic's work the players wouldn't see it either.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »

Dwarfen Muse uses Epiphany Bash with Club of Innovation on Fallacy of Urist: FOU prepares for a Low Blow, but the Dwarfen Muse went for a Head Blow! Advantage to Dwarfen Muse for perfect location, but Epiphany Bash penalty removes some of it!

The hit connects perfectly, but FOU takes it like a champ! A little blunt damage and mind damage for unprotected bash damage to the head. Now, Epiphany Bash's effect takes place; Since FOU was hit on the head, Epiphany Bash's secondary effect gets an improved proc rate! FOU has fallen into a Soul Journey!

Fix'd

since this game purposely keeps hitting how the mechanic's work the players wouldn't see it either.
Added a small fix to your fix. You left nothing after "but Epiphany Bash penalty", so I felt I should add that little bit you can see.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 08:41:28 pm »

Dwarfen Muse uses Epiphany Bash with Club of Innovation on Fallacy of Urist: FOU prepares for a Low Blow, but the Dwarfen Muse went for a Head Blow! Advantage to Dwarfen Muse for perfect location, but Epiphany Bash penalty lessens it!

The hit connects perfectly, but FOU takes it like a champ! A little blunt damage, and a bit of mind damage, too. Now, Epiphany Bash's effect takes place; With a guarenteed proc rate, FOU has fallen into a Soul Journey!

Fix'd

Added a small fix to your fix. You left nothing after "but Epiphany Bash penalty", so I felt I should add that little bit you can see.
Fix'd the fix's fix, and fixed some normal fixes, too. By the way, if you don't use these mechanics, I might, one day.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 09:02:57 pm »

Anyway, Oceansoul, was that you volunteering to be next in line if FoU doesn't start this by Friday?

It's not going to be me, because I have 0 time to run any sort of game.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 09:19:56 pm »

Right. I'm going to try to devise some complicated system for the moment. If I don't message you or post by Friday, just skip me.

Hopefully my muse will strike and you will see a thing of beauty.

I'd actually prefer you make something more improvised than compose a masterpiece over several days.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 08:57:00 am »

Well, my muse has struck in the meantime.

I have plenty of good ideas. I guess I'm going to smash some stuff together and see what comes out.
~~~
5 players, please. If a sixth comes in very close to the last player, maybe I'll take that person too, but that's basically it.

Now excuse me, I need to write some Rules down.
Generic Arms Race.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 09:01:23 am »

I'll try. I can't promise I'll have time, though.

And remember, no rules out in the open. We are playing the game of the Chairman. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4