Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 12196 times)

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2018, 08:22:44 pm »

"He did not appear this distressed during the past mission. He may have either postponed his work to this point or maintains a divide between his work and education."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2018, 11:04:58 pm »

Danh orders several hard, expensive cocktails, and says, "I don't understand. We're paid huge amounts to do a few days of dangerous work every few weeks, sometimes more. The rest of the time, we get to relax on one of the richest places in the galaxy. I don't understand why he fills up all that time with work. It's not like any of us need the extra pay." Shrugging, he adds, "Doesn't seem healthy, but I'm not a doctor."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:25:41 pm by Bill Chompski »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2018, 10:55:45 pm »

"Well... we'll see, if he's still like this once we begin preparations for our next mission I'll talk to the doctors and have them check him over. I do know that if you don't sleep right it can affect your judgement." He'd shrug softly. "but he's an adult, he can make his own choices."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2018, 08:17:27 am »

"To be fair, Danh, I would imagine that not everyone intends to do this work forever. Perhaps he seeks to retire early."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2018, 02:28:07 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"It's d-dangerous, but... it pays well. I don't think we'll find jobs as... lucrative, as this. If you quit this job... you might as well retire, you'd get more money from pension than finding a new job."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2018, 03:09:21 pm »

"Retire early." Danh chuckles. "Not many people can consider that. Lucky us."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2018, 01:12:50 pm »

The allure of visiting a beautiful alien world and the home of the Christmas Moths almost completely overcomes the ennui created by how educational Vigil tried to make it. Although the facilities are beautiful, people seem inclined to each only ever visit once. Akras still forwards the mission pay. [Vigil Marketing 61]

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2018, 06:40:41 pm »

Kaito and Stella are able to spend some time getting to know each other on a series of expeditions, driving a large animal control vehicle across the snowy plains, capturing Meese and Moths, and loading them up. Kaito was able to keep them fed and dealt with without injuries, and when they returned, the menagerie was ready.

Capturing the Yetis wasn't the hardest job, nor the easiest. Gloo guns locked them easily into place to be loaded into nanoglass display cages, where they could be monitored on the way home.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2018, 10:29:06 pm »

Mission 5 Begins

You'd been working for a few weeks after returning from your last mission. News from earth and the asteroid belt slowly faded from memory, replaced by the usual mix of celebrity and political gossip, and financial news. With it's expanded market cap, Akras had been purchasing other Martial mining projects, consolidating around a central spaceport in orbit over Akras Mars. The port is facing continuous expansion to accommodate increasing industrial traffic through the gates. New Australia and Christmas offered something humanity had long wanted - a source of cheap oxygen and land for industrial exploitation away from the earth. Raw materials were no longer shipping to earth, but finished goods, bearing a dizzying array of trademarks and logos as manufacture flees earth and it's conflicts, seeking reduced production costs.

Today the news announced the most recent acquisition, Del Fuego Heavy Industries, to be merged into Akras. Their facility, built into the side of Olympus Mons, uses deep geothermal mining to dredge up exotic metals and power.

At 03:44 the next morning, each of you is woken up by a high priority emergency call. As per your retainer contracts, you are required to respond should an Akras facility come under attack. It directs you to a briefing room in the executive level, by 04:00.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2018, 10:33:06 pm »

<snip>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 11:01:46 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]