Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 47664 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 12:37:36 am »

With a yelp, Nagisa reflexively back away from the mirror. "Mio Dio!" she exclaimed as she slowly traced her fingers over her face. "Is this...me?"

Looking at her reflection again for a brief moment, Nagisa glanced down at the sink. Instinctively, she turned one of the handles and watched the water pour out of the faucet with interest. Scooping a handful of water, Nagisa took a sip and marveled at how clean it tasted before turning it back off. However, her curiosity with what strange devices awaited her will have to wait. Right now, Nagisa must:

Find out who she is. Also, finding a map or something could prove useful in determining where she is located.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:55:07 pm by Sir Elventide »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 12:39:34 am »

Sorcerers!

Makiko will sink back into the trees once more, heading to another region of the park, trying to avoid witccraft and wizardry, the agents of the gods and demons, and wld and savage beasts as she goes.

Spoiler: Hamada Makiko (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 03:00:43 am »

Head down the steps looking for a towel or change of clothes
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 06:45:27 am »

(It's fine. Also, I replied to your PM)

Gunnulf took a step back from the window, trying to make sense of the situation he was in. Apparently he was in a place where people have managed to construct building to heighs he never thought possible, not to mention all the lights everywhere... Come to think of it, he was most probably situated in one of these buildings himself. What could their purpose be? A small sight escaped his lips as he walked towards the desk, picking up a random book along the way.

The room he was in appeared to be some sort of living quarters, for one person. Perhaps a lower class? Well, he did not care very much either way, as used as he was to the dark and dusty libraries he'd spend his time in. Nevertheless, it was possible that the whole buildings, this one at the very least, were filled with other rooms similar to this one. Which would mean that one such construction would be able to house a great amount of humans. Thus, a vast number of villagers -was that even a correct word here?- lived in... well, whatever land he was in.

The man shook his head, gripping the book as he pulled the chair a little from the desk and then sat on it. Maybe instead of wondering about the grand scale of things, he should be asking some more basic questions, such as: where was he? How did he get here? To whom does this room belong to? In what time did he find himself? The book may provide at least an answer to those questions, so he carefully places it on the desk then opens it at the beginning, trying his luck at discerning the meaning of the words.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:48:41 am by Neoexdeath »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 01:38:36 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

Since the stand is unattended, you deposit the coins on the table and help yourself to a bowl. The bowl itself seems to be made of a thin material that feels like wood, but much lighter.

The food--oh, the food....

It's exceptional. You find yourself taken aback at just how good it is, the words to describe it eluding your mind. Simple bliss.

All of a sudden you feel a force on your right hip.

Ozarck (Di/Hamada) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

The bushes cover your movements once more, allowing you to escape into a section that blocks vision from the sorcerers.

You come across an open hill with a small shrine on top and a road leading up to it, the stark red gate clearly visible despite the haze.
In the surrounding woodlands, you note many other entrances and paths leading up to the shrine road as it meanders up the hill. It's a short walk to either.

There's a sign hanging from a metal frame. You're surprised that you can recognize the characters on the sign: Okazaki Shrine.

Neoexdeath (Gunnulf/Shin) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

You set the book down for reading, but the lambent glow of torchlight from the outside buildings is scarcely enough to make out written text. This room needs a light.
To fix the problem, you twist the knob on the desk lamp, and the table fills with light from a glowing orb affixed to the metal arm. Your arm simply... moved.

The bright light revealed scribbles on the wooden desk, each drawn in light-colored charcoal. They depict human beings hung from light poles, images of disembodied limbs and other gruesome articles.

Regarding the book, you start perusing its contents in the light:

Electrical motors and generators work off of essentially the same principle in reverse. A motor draws current across its terminals in order to produce current, whereas a generator produces a current when supplied mechanical rotation.
If you were to spin a motor without powering it, the motor would instead produce a voltage across its terminals, acting like a generator in all respects. In experiment 5.18 you will investigate this relationship using a hand-cranked generator and a light bulb.

You're not familiar with these terms.

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

You have a strange palm-sized tablet in your pocket, made of black glass. Whatever it is, it seems featureless and solidly-built with no markings aside from some sort of styled depiction of an apple on the back.

The light from the tiny room spills over into the previous room, allowing you to see more of the decorations lining the wall:
-A huge painting depicting a tree with pink leaves against a black-and-white stylized mountain landscape.
-A pair of swords, long and short, highly ceremonialized and resting on a curved stand on a set of drawers near the wall.
-Above the swords, something that looks like a map. It depicts an island. [Wit => 1 success] Try as you might, you can't pinpoint the location. It certainly doesn't look like a European island.

Your pocket also contains a clue. A leather wallet with some sort of written document. You can read those letters, too. The face is exactly what you see in the mirror. Location: Saitama, Japan. Age: 16.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

You try harder, this time ignoring the dude.

Your pockets contain a leather pocket with a card inside and some loose change. The card shows a teenage girl's face with blue hair and shows an address in Japan. Age: 16.

The shops nearby: A liquor store, to your left. A maid cafe, to your right. (what the hell is a maid cafe?) Across the street: A pawn shop and a Daiso store.

You can't find any papers externally, no matter how hard you search in this brief moment of time.

Back to the nervous dude. You finally make eye contact. He looks like another teenager with short black hair and a black uniform with some green trims here and there. He'd look like a high-class person in a western country.
He points out the direction to the city library. "It's north," he says. "I'll show you the way."

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Fuji) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

You head down the hall, bypassing rooms that look occupied, until you stumble upon an empty room with a tiled floor and no door.

There are small towels hanging out of a dispenser on the wall. They seem very weak and brittle... but there's a lot of them. There are also ceramic fonts on the wall with a tube hanging over each one and two nearby handles.

To your left are narrow cubicles made of some sort of smooth wood. The room is empty for sure.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:57:58 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:57 am »

"Thank you." Mitsuru says with outward contentment. She find she the ID card perturbing, Ryzard must have completed a thousand plots like this, hijacking a teen's body is nothing. But this is different, it doesn't have the same flow, things seem too real, it's like waking up from a dream. Did he even really do all those things he  remembers?

What is Mitsuru's birth year according to the card? Head to the library with the man and take note of where the pawn shop is.

"Tokyo? Well, I'm not familiar with this place." She answers retrospectively. There is so much capital here, did the Axis powers win the war?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:12:26 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 03:07:24 am »

Dry myself and fiddle with the handles to see what they do. After check my pockets for any info

"Ok time to start working out what happened"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 05:23:33 am »

A shrine!

Makiko will approach the shrine and search herself for a proper offering to the ancestors / spirits / gods, for safety and understanding.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 10:27:13 am »

Though she was unable to pinpoint her exact location, at least without a reference point first, Nagisa knew that the map could be useful later so she took it from its place above the swords and folded it several times before putting it in a pocket.

Replacing the leather wallet, Nagisa examined the strange black object and the apple like logo on the back. Pressing a button on the side, Nagisa nearly dropped it when it shone the light of a hundred candles into her face and chirped a strange tune. Steadying herself, she saw the object's face blinked once before displaying a set of strange square symbols.

"Is this... sorcery?" she asked herself.

Tapping on one of the symbols which looked like a gear, Nagisa was brought into a page named 'Settings', or she felt that it was 'Settings'. The written language of this device consisted of curves and slashes, yet she can understand them as if they were Italian. It stands to reason that whoever this Nagisa Tsumiya is, she can make use of whatever memories she has of things, including this device.

After playing around with the device, Nagisa determined that she was not dealing with any form of witchcraft but what could very well be some sort of technology she have not encountered before. Oh, she would love to shake hands with the device's inventor! Pressing the same button to turn off the device, Nagisa closed her eyes and took a deep breath, attempting to:

Test out her theory by trying to peer into the memories of her current self.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 01:59:50 pm »

"What is this..? Electrical motors? Voltage?" Gunnulf whispered to himself, unable to make any sense of the terms written in the book.

From the way they sounded, he would guess that the first one referred to some sort of construct, while the other... well, he honestly had no idea. A quantity, could it be? Not to mention, how was he even able to read these strange symbols, when he had never seen them before?  The scholar's train of thoughts went on like this for a while, his hand instinctively reaching to his hair and starting to twirl a strand in his finger.

A small shiver ran across his spine as he didn't feel the characteristic softness and slight sliminess of his, usually, unkept hair, but rather something else entirely. No, it cannot be... But his mind already sprung into action, throwing all sort of theories and explanation left and right. Leaving the book open, he jolts up from the chair and searches for a mirror, or any object that would allow him to see his reflection, such as the window.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 01:23:10 pm »

What in the world? What manner of sorcery is THAT?

Move a hand over to my hip and try to find out what is making that feeling.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:05:30 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 04:03:32 pm »

(No update yesterday because Eclipse road trip.)

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

The force keeps coming from your hip. There's something inside your pocket, some sort of animal--

--or apparently a strange device.

There's text on the screen:

"Caller: Okasa

Slide to answer call"

Ozarck (Di/Hamada) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

An offering, an offering... you look around in your pockets. There's a red-colored box filled with some sort of biscuit, coated in a sweet layer of some kind of hardened honey.

You examine the layout of the shrine. A big red gate, a house with a sloped roof and a fanciful garden with bamboo, white flowers, and stepping stones across a small pond. The altar is up ahead between two large oak trees, and you can hear water running along the grooves between the stone tiles under your feet.

A faint light is lit inside the house.

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

You close your eyes and wait for the light of understanding to grace the ignorance of your mind.
You try exploring the lost channels of memory deep within this body's mind. Surely you can find some link, some path, that will open the floodgates and reveal to you this body's past.
But for now it all eludes you. It seems you only inherited certain tics and mannerisms, not the full breadth of memories this body once held.

You hear a footsteps over pavement, coming from outside. In the window, you see a girl wearing bloody clothes walking past.

Neoexdeath (Gunnulf/Shin) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

You jolt up toward the chair and instinctively turn toward the door to your room, but stop there, not knowing which way to proceed.

You step toward the window. Light from the lamp reflects off your face, and into the window. Depicted therein is a face that mimics your every move, and yet you do not recognize one bit of it.

Suspicion confirmed. You are not yourself. Or rather, you have been transported to a different body, with its own mannerisms, habits, and, presumably, a past.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Born sometime in 2011. You have an address and a name: Murai Mitsuru. Your parents are Murai Nakano and Murai Tsuguho. Odd that you all have the same first name.

You look up at the young man, who puts on a confused and undignified look. "Axis powers?" he confirms your suspicion. "Hell no. They lost everything. Why'd you ask all of a sudden?"

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Fuji) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

When you turn the handle, water comes out. It drains into a basin below and then disappears into a pipe. There's a mirror above the faucet, but your drenched mostly covers your face.
You hold your finger beneath the water, only to scald yourself by accident. Where did the hot water come from, and who supplied it, you wonder?

Your pocket contains several slips of paper denoting quantities of hundreds and thousands. There some coins, and a card displaying a picture of a long-haired man from the Orient. It's the same picture as in the mirror.

Using your newfound powers of literacy, you scan the card:
Name: Fuji Ryo
Address: A place in Tokyo, Japan
Date of Birth: 8/20/2011
Legal Guardian(s): Fuji Naoaki, Fuji Rumie

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 06:28:28 pm »

Mitsuru covers her mouth. She finds her self blushing, odd for a man of her age. Did I just say that out loud?

"Well, um, I was just thinking about history, you know, It's just so unusual that a losing- I mean, you won't expect a losing country- I mean- nevermind Ok?."

What am I saying? Maybe I should just take my suicide capsules. Mitsuru jests with herself. She has to take a couple of deep breathes to rebound from that one.

This body is not nearly as good at handling stress as Ryzard was. Go to the library, also check how much money I have.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:29:37 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 12:29:58 am »

Again, what manner of sorcery is this? I guess I should answer.

Slide the thing and listen to the caller.

"Salve?" He tried to say, but the greeting came out in some other language. Why do I not speak my native tongue naturally anymore?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:33:53 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 07:19:07 am »

I must pay my respects.

Makiko will take the pathway up to the altar, and will kneel, bow her head to the ground in reverence, and then place one biscuit at the foot of the altar (or on a designated shelf). She will then remain and seek wisdom from the Divine.

Spoiler: items (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29