Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48132 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 11:14:25 am »

Tensing, Nagisa took out her stick and exited the house. Creeping after the girl, Nagisa glanced at the shrine and felt a sort of reverence welling inside of her. Perhaps the old Nagisa was religious? Anyway, she paused as the girl kneeled before the altar and offered a food item to it. Wondering why her shirt was bloody, Nagisa decided to:

Simply wait until the girl was finished before confronting her.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 06:41:53 pm »

Waiting on Neoexdeath and killerhellhound.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 07:09:25 pm »

" 2011 if that's after christ I've been dead for centuries why would someone bring me back? Not complaining but it's odd"

Head outside and look do landmarks I need to start learning my surroundings.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 03:18:18 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

You instinctively put the tablet up to your ear. It speaks! The tablet speaks!

It is a female voice. The voice of this "Okasa."

"Gai, have you been with Rico-chan?" she asks of the wielder. "He's been leaving the house late at night more the past week. I'm worried for him..."

Ozarck (Di/Hamada) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Placing what little you have at the foot of the altar among flowers and strange pieces of jewelry, you await an answer, if you can hear it.

You look down, and see a steady-expanding pool of red streaming down from your feet. But the pool expands in the direction away from the alter, toward the grassy hill. You notice that your clothes are mostly clean. The green hue of your coat stands out now.

Hearing footsteps against the raindrops, you encounter a skulking girl dressed in a short-sleeved shirt and blue pants.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

You approach the girl, noting that her clothes are being cleaned off by the rain. Standing in a growing pool of bloody water, she notices you as you open the door and step out into the rain.

What will you say?

Neoexdeath (Gunnulf/Shin) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

(Sorry for skipping again. I want to stick to the one-per-day schedule.)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

"I don't think Japan would be in the position we are now," he says starkly, "Not without the allies, I mean."

Finding no excuse to talk further, the two of you head to the Rumie Murakami Polytechnic Library. The glass facade of the building spills golden light out into the driveway. Automobiles are parked in neat columns, and for some reason people are driving on the left side of the road.
Inside, rows of books loom over the heads of studious teenagers who've taken the time to augment their studies with the knowledge of past ages.

Inside, you're greeted by a strange and uncanny new face, a woman who seems to always stare at your face and doesn't respond to the subtle visual cues that tell other people you aren't interested.
"Welcome to the Rumie Murakami Library! This building was created to honor the famed scientist Rumie Murakami, who invented the first--"

"Quite annoying aren't they?" umbrella kid injects mid-sentence.

"--artificial--" the woman begins anew, only to be interrupted once more.

"Well, if you're a fan of history, they've got a pretty comprehensive selection here in the basement. Especially military studies. Journals, case studies, you know."

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Fuji) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

Heading back up the stairs and remaining under the stair entrance shelter, you remain dry whilst examining the skyline.

The castles of this day and age are far advanced with respect to what you know. They are covered in glowing arrowslits, and this battlement you stand upon is large enough to hold a hundred archers. Most of these towers you see, however, are poorly manned. Perhaps these are times of peace and prosperity in no need of a knight.
You spot no river nor coastline. It is a sprawling sea of castles as far as the eye can see.

Over in the distance you see a huge mountain, a mere shadow of its true glory when obscured by the mist of rain. But its surface is lit by torchlight of many colors which pierce the darkness.

You do not know of any city this close to a mountain. But perhaps they have built new cities in this time. Perhaps your body was carried to one of them.

Down in the floors below, you hear footsteps. A party of perhaps three, perhaps five--it's hard to tell the difference. They seem to be in a hurry, to be heard through the stone walls, and must be rushing up the stairs as their sounds are getting closer.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:21:20 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 09:16:10 am »

Looking at the girl as she turned and faced her, Nagisa held the rod tighter. Though the girl doesn't seem dangerous, there were no telling what she would do. After all, she was covered in someone else's blood. However, Nagisa decided on a diplomatic stance for now.

"Who are you are why are you covered in blood?"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:22:34 am by Sir Elventide »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 03:36:32 pm »

Mitsuru nods, her face blank. Artificial what? She stands around to catch the last part of the librarian's speech.

Then she heads down to read how WW2 ended, what notable world conflicts followed it and also she curiously approaches any glowing screens she finds.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:48:32 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 09:06:37 pm »

Who and what? I guess I should improvise.

"No, I haven't. I wasn't aware of that."

Improvise.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 07:11:36 am »

Looking at the girl as she turned and faced her, Nagisa held the rod tighter. Though the girl doesn't seem dangerous, there were no telling what she would do. After all, she was covered in someone else's blood. However, Nagisa decided on a diplomatic stance for now.

"Who are you are why are you covered in blood?"
I ... Oh no! What do I do?

H-Hamiko. I .... it was ... an accident ...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 10:57:36 pm »

Hide in the bastion room and wait for them to go past try to get a glimpse of them from the door

(this is a bad decision but my character has no way of knowing )
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2017, 12:32:31 am »

Nagisa looked at the girl strangely. "What was an accident?"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:49:11 am by Sir Elventide »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 03:07:12 am »

G-getting covered in blood. I got lost. I'm praying at the shrine. DO you want to pray too?

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 10:51:37 am »

Nagisa gave the girl a quizzical look before glancing at the shrine. "I'm not in the mood. Anyway, let's get out of this rain. Perhaps you can tell me everything once we are dry and comfortable."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 12:02:05 pm »

The girl shifts awkwardly.

I-I don't know you.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 06:27:22 pm »

"I don't know you either, yet I am at least diplomatic enough to talk to you instead of treating you as a possible murderer," With a shrug, Nagisa turned to leave. "Of course, if you want to stay our here in the rain, you're welcome to."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 06:57:43 pm »

(Update for the people finishing up their dialogue)

Hide in the bastion room and wait for them to go past try to get a glimpse of them from the door

(this is a bad decision but my character has no way of knowing )

Up at the top of the stairs, you try to hide from the people at the top of the stairs. Your chances of evading capture are slim, but fortunately for you there is some space behind the stairway. You position yourself above the stairs and watch as a woman in scarlet and two men in dark blue attire (with light blue sleeves) issue forward frenetically, not pausing to look backwards.

They seem to be in quite a hurry. They certainly aren't going about their business with stately composure.

In their rush, they bypass you and exit the stairs-room, and move forward onto the roof. Through the door, cracked open just a bit, you hear the woman asking:

"Oh my god, did he jump?"
"The Fire Department says he hasn't," says one of the men in blue.

You notice that the men are carrying objects similar to that iron you had in your hand, except theirs are at their waists inside leather sheaths. They wear hats, but no swords, and the woman carries a small leather bag over her shoulder.

Who and what? I guess I should improvise.

"No, I haven't. I wasn't aware of that."

Improvise.

She sighs over the... communication interface. "Oh no... What are you doing alone then?" the latter seemed more like an accusation than a question. Her tone tells you that she's probably really worried for this Rico-chan.
"Are you coming home soon?"

Mitsuru nods, her face blank. Artificial what? She stands around to catch the last part of the librarian's speech.

Then she heads down to read how WW2 ended, what notable world conflicts followed it and also she curiously approaches any glowing screens she finds.

The puzzling librarian finishes her statement on a low note. "...cognition."

As you traverse the halls, you find yourself flanked on all sides by glowing screens. People are putting their hands up to them and dragging pieces of paper around on them. Some sort of adhesion force at work.
No... on second thought, the papers seem to be mere illusion, projected onto the screen by some unknown force.

You enter a room with the surrounding walls covered in bookcases. The shelves are extremely high, much too high for some people to easily reach the top. You yourself hardly can. There's some sort of machine quietly rolling about on the floor, approaching people that try to reach the upper shelf, and extending a long arm to grab the books from the top and give it to them. You don't see an operator anywhere.
Dozens of adjustable tables are spaced around the room, in addition to brightly-colored couches and metal chairs with some kind of plastic seat and backing. The table adjusts its height without your input as you sit down.

There's a stepladder folded up and leaned against the northwest corner of bookshelves.

You procure a stack of books featuring hit titles such as "Embracing Defeat," "After the War," and others.
The boy did not kid. The axis powers lost. In a battle of escalation, the United States ended up getting involved, and following that Germany had no response. Japan was a different story, but nonetheless met a similar fate at the hands of the allied war machine. But not only that, Japans society seems to have been massively transformed from the imperial culture of your era. It's practically a western country, relatively speaking.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29