Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48214 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2018, 12:37:43 am »

Makiko will fly down to Nagisa, and then release Morrigan to wherever she goes when she's not here. Unless she wants to stick around. Makiko is cool with that.

You grab onto Morrigan and she lifts you up, understanding your cues as you point to the group of students by the side of the school. She drops you off close to them and soars away to join her brethren. The amount of crows in the sky decreases at once.

The students reassemble, having backed off for the landing.

"Thanks for dealing with this," says a girl in a pink dress. You don't seem to have met her before. But she stands alongside Youka and the others, so perhaps the others met her at some point?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2018, 07:41:56 am »

Y-you're welcome. This is all so confusing. There was a man of rot and death. he talked a lot. I saw a gate into a forest. Is school always like this?

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2018, 10:06:29 am »

A wide grin surfaced on Nagisa's face when Youka mentioned 'modern equipment' and the same surge of curiosity that overwhelmed her upon entering this time period came back. Now that she have powers, Nagisa felt safe again to sate her appetite for new discoveries. However, her 'near death' experience taught her caution as there could be scoundrels and bandits prowling around, even in this new era.

"When can we start, Youka-san?," she practically squealed in barely contained excitement.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2018, 12:17:31 pm »

Mitsuru, who has been rather distant, will sneak along with the group.

Training? It would be good to flesh out my full powers.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2018, 10:35:55 pm »

"Creating more questions and running? How typical. Fine, go to wherever your kind hides, but bare in mind that even cycles have an end. Even death has it's end."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 09, 2018, 01:42:28 am »

"Some explaining of just how much things have changed will be helpful"

Follow the group and unsummon my sword and armor

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 10, 2018, 02:45:04 am »

"Creating more questions and running? How typical. Fine, go to wherever your kind hides, but bare in mind that even cycles have an end. Even death has it's end."

As he sinks into the ground, engulfed by foliage, he makes one last retort with a sigh and moue.
"Can't say I disagree with that, but you're attitude really puts up a few barriers."

With that he disappears. Looking to get back to ground level, you notice a group of students along with Mitsuru and Ryo, as well as that strange purple-dressed girl. They seem to be getting ready to head out. Were they chatting while Tokyo burned?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 10, 2018, 02:48:35 am »

What are they doing there, now of all times? Well, I might as well get off this roof.

Throw the javelin onto the ground and flame walk back onto it, then head over to the group of students.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:01:40 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2018, 02:36:18 am »

((Timeskip is now))

Nagisa and Makiko walked alongside each other on the trail, emerging from the shadow cast by lilac boughs overhead. They carried a cluster of branches each, with small wood saws in their grips.
Entering the clearing by the lakeside, they caught sight of the pair of tents (one red, one blue), made of a special fabric called vinyl that was both cheap yet light and waterproof. Miya's bone drake lay opposite the tents on the other side of the campfire, the beast's massive body curled around the mat which the green-haired girl lay upon, dozing off just an hour before sunset.

Youka sat on her knees next to the fire as Ryo hauled a heavy pot of water out of the lake. She handed him an odd device that looked like a funnel, fused to a transparent container. "It's a filter, you know? Water's not safe to drink if you pull it out of the lake."

Gai found himself re-learning how to fish, with an arsenal of various forms of hooks, sinkers, baits, and fiberglass poles all laid out before him. Having had little success thus far, it seemed unlikely that the group would have fish for dinner, though the possibility of a late treat kept him going.

Inside one of the tents, Mitsuru found herself retreated inside the red tent, examining the applications of her phone. Apparently it not only had a system of tracking her location on a map, but 'apps' that could identify plants, animals, and even look up procedures to do just about anything.

"Everyone's here? Good..." Hway shouted to everyone as the girls arrived with the firewood.
"Youka can handle cooking. In the meantime, I can show you here the limitations of magic."
Miya's eyes perked open.

"Watch closely."

Hway outstretches her arm, and four orbs of light twinkle into existence around her, tumbling through the air as playful sprites do.
She then lowers her arms, and the orbs fling themselves up into the air, taking on arcing trajectories as each land in different places in the forest, one to the north, two to the west, and one to the south. Touchdown results in a great flash of light and a resounding blast that echoes off Mt. Fuji. A flock of crows takes to the skies to the north, and for a few moments the forest is teeming with animals and songbirds, once doing their best to hide, now scampering back and forth in desultory flight.

"I want the six of you, in groups of two, to go and find the orbs for me. Since the only thing that can reasonably harm you is other magic-users, and I can sense beasts from miles away, you should be free to let loose, and use whatever magic you think will help you find the orbs." she says to the lot of you, including Miya.

Hway conjures six more orbs, these ones smaller than the last, small as a marble, glowing like candles. She hands them out.
"If you need to know what they look like--" Lilith swallows Miya's orb. Despite the creature being a skeleton... there's no sign of the orb.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:04:04 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 11, 2018, 07:20:26 am »

Placing her bundle of sticks and her wood saw down by the campfire, Makiko turns to Nagisa. "Will we go together again, Nagisa? I think we could find these orbs pretty easily, don't you?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 11, 2018, 09:55:31 am »

"Certainly, Makiko-san," Nagisa said with a smile as she took both of their orbs from Hway and handed one to Makiko. "We can track down the one that flew off to the south. I'd thought of a wonderful implement to view it but we would need to find a hill to see the orb clearly first."

Together with Makiko, Nagisa will locate a hill. Once she finds it, she will focus on summoning a telescope-like invention and search for the orb or whatever traces it leaves.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 11, 2018, 02:09:47 pm »

Mitsuru will search with Miya. She'll also experiment to see if she can draw a weapon from her dream space like what happened before.

"I'm Mitsuru." She manages awkwardly.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2018, 12:33:39 am »

Mitsuru will search with Miya. She'll also experiment to see if she can draw a weapon from her dream space like what happened before.

"I'm Mitsuru." She manages awkwardly.

Miya gets up off the ground and picks up a stick she had laid beside her mat. She clutches it with both hands.

"M-Miya!" she stammers as you stare her down, outstretching her hand hastily. Her dragon tilts its head like a dog, and possibly whimpers, though it could well be the creaking of bone.
"N-n-n-nice to meet you! I'm... I mean..."

You try to reach back into that dream space. The limpid, mountainside vista dissolves into a bedraggled mess of flesh and bone. Whole fields of the same, so far as your eyes can see. You yank a carbine out of the Stygian vale and shoulder it, looking back toward Miya. Her expression seems to have changed.

"Oooh! Is that a staff? It looks formidable! Did you make it yourself?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2018, 12:43:39 am »

"Yeah, a staff. Did you make that yourself?" Mitsuru motions at the dragon.

"Lets get going."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2018, 12:46:12 am »

Gai put his ineffective rod aside. While the look and development of the equipment was new, fishing hadn't changed very much since the III millennium. Neither had his skill in it. He got up and looked around, seeing most of the others getting into pairs, then turned to Ryo.

"I suppose we're searching together then. I'm Gai."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29