Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48698 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2017, 03:02:57 pm »

"Perhaps that would be best." She answers the beast.

Mitsuru nods at the Russe. Geography club, ok. Maybe it's time to head back and prepare for school, whenever that is.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:56:57 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »

"Pleased to meet you all. So, everyone here is from a different time period as well? Interesting." Gaius turns over to the blue-robed man. "So, do you mind explaining what that beast I saw earlier was? And why I was called back from death over MDC later, into the body of an adolescent?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2017, 04:29:27 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

"Pleased to meet you all. So, everyone here is from a different time period as well? Interesting." Gaius turns over to the blue-robed man. "So, do you mind explaining what that beast I saw earlier was? And why I was called back from death over MDC later, into the body of an adolescent?"

"Six days," says Mako.

"I died less than a week ago. Not far from here, either."

Everyone except Makoto holds back a grin.
Attention turns to the teenager that brought you here. His sparking clothes do naturally tend to draw attention, but... you don't recall that he gave you his name. Also, his face looks different from the others side-by-side. He must--err, his body must be from a different land.
"Argh, I almost forgot. The name's Chen Miller. Coming from the 4th century, I can't imagine you're familiar with Australia--"

"It's a country full of badasses, basically," says Makoto.

"Yeah, well I'm cool with that," Chen continues, chuckling with the others. "Funny thing though, I'm one of the lucky few who revived as a fellow countryman. Everybody else gets zipped across the globe.

Makoto got killed in some Civil War some CL years ago. Memoto's from the French Revolution in MDCCC. Tagashi--well you ought to know ancient Greece, eh?"

"Eh? It's not like I was some philosopher or anything," Tagashi gleefully responds.

"But the truth is, you're not here by some random chance. Oh hell no. That creature up there followed you here from the afterlife. The flames and all that--it was just to lure you out into the hall. If we hadn't caught wind of it..."
He shrugs. "Methinks it's trying to eat your soul or something."

"So long as you stay next to other people, the bastard won't bother you that much. If he tries to pull something, let's just say that drawing people's attention isn't a winning strategy."

Memoto continues the conversation.

"We're part of an organization that investigates these monsters that end up chasing people who have been revived.

As far as we've gathered, there's no telling what the monsters usually do. Some of them don't actually end up causing harm, but other times, people can get killed...
There's no reason to let that happen. So we train people to use the same kind of powers that the monsters use."

She outstretches her arms, and in an instant she conjures a scarlet dress and a staff wrapped in thorns.

"As long as people can defend themselves, the monsters tend to lose interest. We go out and hunt monsters and recruit people at night, because at night is when most people like us first appear."

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

"When I looked before, it showedd me pictures of kitties. Can you show me how to do that too?"

Makiko leans in close and chats excitedly with the mysterious girl about her 'phone,' and attempts to locate 'home.'

"Nagisa, maybe you could come home with me? I don't know if my family will like it, but maybe they will be okay, at least for one night?"

"Home" is somewhere close to the city outskirts. A small home surrounded by woodland, with no backyard and a dirt road.
The phone kindly tells you that the nearest bus stop is a 20-minute walk away. 'Bus?' It seems that there are wagons that carry people between scheduled stops. You simply have to wait for one.

"Oooh! I know the perfect site for that!"

She directs you to 'scribbit.com,' a sort of address that doesn't take you to a real place, but rather to a 'web page,' where you can make pictures of kitties show up and also browse various happenings around the globe.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Yawning, Nagisa dismantled her crossbow, keeping only a few sharpened sticks. It was a shame to get rid of such a wonderful machine, especially if it was the first contraption she'd built since essentially coming back from the dead. However, she was still confident that the technologies of this world will enable her to craft masterpieces that even the great Leonardo da'Vinci wouldn't dream of, let along her selfish master.

"Teach me too," Nagisa said as she showed Youka her phone. She was getting sleepy. "Perhaps I can find clues relating to Nagisa life after I get some sleep. Nevertheless, you must also tell us where this 'school' is as well."

When Makiko spoke, she replied, "Of course, now that we know that otherworldly creatures want us dead perhaps we should stick together. Maybe I can make up an excuse to my parents or something."

Suddenly, Nagisa realized something. Up to this point, Youka had spoke about a gear monster just waiting outside. Only Nagisa didn't see it, though Makiko claimed that it spoke to her through her mind, urging her to open the door for the woman. Whether the woman was working in cahoots with the monster or it was an opportunist who wanted to get in was out of the question. What mattered was that if it was a machine-like being, then...

Ask Youka more about the monster and whether the creatures chasing them take upon characteristics relating to their past lives.

You watch as Youka gives Makiko a full-tutorial--all the while you lean over and try to see what they're doing. You see pictures of cats. "Just about everyone in the city your age goes to Maegashi High. You can look that up too," she mentions as she returns to the cat website.

Finally, she distances herself from Makiko and answers the rest of your concerns.

"Firstly, my job is to recruit people and teach them how to defend themselves. Once you can do that, you're not really in danger anymore. And even if you are, other reincarnated people can see magic too, so they can help also.
Secondly... that monster out there looked like... you weren't close to Leonardo da'Vinci, were you? They do reflect the person they chased in. But I really don't know why there was only one, if both of you are Awakened."

She folds her arms. "The Lost Ones organization has the official position that the monsters are trying to merge with your soul, to become one being. Naturally, that means that whatever monster happened to chase you into the world is gonna be looking for a compatible soul. Does that make sense?"

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

"Perhaps that would be best." She answers the beast.

Mitsuru nods at the Russe. Geography club, ok. Maybe it's time to head back and prepare for school, whenever that is.

He nods back.

Before leaving the store, he approaches what looks to be a miniature camera perched in the corner of the room. He looks around under his robe, checking his pockets for some kind of hex key and using it to remove a piece of film from the camera.

You head back to your apartment nearby, watching every avenue for more of these beasts. The door to your apartment is locked and you don't have a key. You happen to look up, and notice an oddity in the window of a nearby building, roughly three dozen stories up. It looked like there was a flash of white light, and then a yellow flash not unlike a grenade going off inside the room. The window didn't break, though, or else there would be glass shards raining down onto the street.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

draw the club and ready myself to swing at the sword thing wait for it to come to me (5 dice)

Um, the fuse--

POOF

The living room fills with puffs of smoke. (2 => 0) Granted, it seems like it was a dud, but it may have been a good idea to watch out.

...Since you were concentrated on the incoming attack, the smoke doesn't hinder your resolve. Off he goes, your attacker flying at you with tremendous speed (He uses all 3 Presence to move toward you). You draw the only weapon you have, the metal object with a grip for your index finger, and swing it into your opponent's oncoming path.
BANG. Something snaps like a bow being loosed, so loud that it causes your ears to ring.  (4 => 3 - (5 => 2) = 1) Your wrist feels like it shattered from the blow, but the pain subsides instantaneously.

[7 => 4 - (3 => 3) = 1] Your attacker seems just as unfazed. Behind you, his sword is extended at his side, surrounded by smoke. You're sure his weapon made contact with your club... but then again, the worst wounds don't hurt that much. At first. You learned that the hard way.

His head is turned sideways, the one eye reading your gaze as you read his. You sense that he is waiting for you to strike in order to make a counterattack.

(You can spend Wit on an attack to mask your own moves--the rest of it goes toward reading the enemy's)
(3 speed was converted into attack (for both sides) this turn)

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:22:09 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2017, 05:36:26 am »

"Okay. I guess I am ready to go ... home. Unless you want to begin teaching us magic now?"

Makiko readies to leave for the bus stop, but waits for Nagisa and the girl to finish.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2017, 11:21:59 pm »

"Well, Leonardo died just a few decades before I was born and he become pretty much my role model since my apprenticeship to an asshole 'inventor' who keeps stealing credit for my inventions. Sooooo unless Makiko here is intimately familiar with mechanical 'yokai', that demon must be actually looking for me." Nagisa answered with a grin. "As for why only one demon showed up, perhaps Makiko's monster haven't found her yet?"

Taking a mental note of this scribble.com 'web address', whatever that is, Nagisa also committed to memory how to locate her home on the device which she immediately did.

"Since my 'friend' on the porch is about to wake up soon, are there any... hrm... simple 'spells you can quickly teach us on the way to the bus stop to scare away any demons or something?"

Regardless of whether Youka can or cannot quickly teach any simple spells, Nagisa and Makiko must get to the bus stop. Preferably, Nagisa can identify the unconscious lady on to way out, either through rifling through her pockets for identification or through a sudden realization.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:50:06 pm by Sir Elventide »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2017, 12:11:27 am »

Take my finger off the finger grip 'Some sort of ranged weapon like a crossbow maybe.. damn I should have checked what I had earlier no time now'

Take a quick glance around (Use 2 wits?) for throwing objects and focus on countering it hard when it attacks

"So monster you bring me back from the dead just to kill me your self? Seems like a waste of time."

Try and distract it to buy time
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:35:20 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »

Great. A camera. Mitsuru frowns, regrettable, but the information she gained might prove to be worth it. She must act quickly to leverage what she learned, she has to increase her arsenal of knowledge and tools quickly, especially in the face of the prospect of meeting more of these reincarnated folk. I must speak with that beast again before I meet the Russe again.

What if he lied about the limitations of his powers?...

The sudden flashing from the building intrigues Mitsuru, though she is hardly alarmed given the number of bright flashing lights she has already witnessed in her short time in this future japan.

Check under mats, behind decorations and other sorts of places for a key, then regardless, head over to the suspect building. What kind of building is it? Does it have a public lobby? If so enter, if not try to enter through the main entrances anyway.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2017, 08:04:45 pm »

"First appear? How many of us are there? And how do you find them anyway? This city looks gigantic, can't be easy to find anything here."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2017, 01:30:31 am »

"First appear? How many of us are there? And how do you find them anyway? This city looks gigantic, can't be easy to find anything here."

"Eh?" he mulls for a bit. "Who knows?"
He points to you.
"It was pretty easy this case since we can see 'em. The flamey bugger and kin. Smoke pouring out the windows, lotsa red glowing here and there. Not always so obvious, but hey we work with what we got."

"At school we have a club for people who can see them. It's so we can stick together and coordinate our activities so they're more efficient. Searching the whole city isn't hard since there's a similar club at every school," Memoto adds.

"Okay. I guess I am ready to go ... home. Unless you want to begin teaching us magic now?"

Makiko readies to leave for the bus stop, but waits for Nagisa and the girl to finish.

"Hey, as long as you stick to people you'll be fine. I'll walk you both home--it looks like each of you has a place to go.

But once you stick to people you won't get attacked. It's not in their nature to cause a ruckus."

"Well, Leonardo died just a few decades before I was born and he become pretty much my role model since my apprenticeship to an asshole 'inventor' who keeps stealing credit for my inventions. Sooooo unless Makiko here is intimately familiar with mechanical 'yokai', that demon must be actually looking for me." Nagisa answered with a grin. "As for why only one demon showed up, perhaps Makiko's monster haven't found her yet?"

Taking a mental note of this scribble.com 'web address', whatever that is, Nagisa also committed to memory how to locate her home on the device which she immediately did.

"Since my 'friend' on the porch is about to wake up soon, are there any... hrm... simple 'spells you can quickly teach us on the way to the bus stop to scare away any demons or something?"

Regardless of whether Youka can or cannot quickly teach any simple spells, Nagisa and Makiko must get to the bus stop. Preferably, Nagisa can identify the unconscious lady on to way out, either through rifling through her pockets for identification or through a sudden realization.

Outside, the man of gears that Makiko and Youka talked about is gone... and you don't see any footprints of any sort that could be attributed to a metal behemoth, not in this weather at the very least.

In response to both you and Makiko asking about learning magic, her answer is: "In due time. It's not something that's intuitive at first, and also it can be kind of random.
You might have even used magic to a limited extent already, without realizing it. It all depends on what you were dreaming of in the afterlife."

With that, she stearts to head toward the bus stop. "I'll guide you there through the park. Looks like both of you live near each other, so we'll split our own separate ways afterward. Also, I suggest doing something about..." she looks at the fainted woman as you rustle through her pockets.
She has an ID card. The name: "Tsumiya Murata." Age: 53. The address is also... familiar. It's--it's your home!

"...oh. Wow, I'm sorry."

Great. A camera. Mitsuru frowns, regrettable, but the information she gained might prove to be worth it. She must act quickly to leverage what she learned, she has to increase her arsenal of knowledge and tools quickly, especially in the face of the prospect of meeting more of these reincarnated folk. I must speak with that beast again before I meet the Russe again.

What if he lied about the limitations of his powers?...

The sudden flashing from the building intrigues Mitsuru, though she is hardly alarmed given the number of bright flashing lights she has already witnessed in her short time in this future japan.

Check under mats, behind decorations and other sorts of places for a key, then regardless, head over to the suspect building. What kind of building is it? Does it have a public lobby? If so enter, if not try to enter through the main entrances anyway.

Y--you, umm... you...
You can knock.

But forgoing that line of thought, you instead investigate the strange state of affairs on the 30th floor of the offending building. Strange lights flashing in a way the other lights aren't.
You enter the well-lit lobby, glowing with warm yellow lights that are soft to the eyes, and to your relief, there are elevators. You don't know how fast, but given the volume of people walking in and out at the moment, as well as the delays, they seem to be able to service quite a lot of people, rather quickly.

You can't help but pay some heed to the scenery. An indoor garden bounds the entry walkway, and at the center of the room is a real, living cherry tree, its blossoms whisked away by an artificial column of wind blowing toward the ceiling.

The building has fifty floors, but you're not sure which of the handful of floors around the 30 mark the light appeared in. Perhaps there's a way to pinpoint the events quickly. You recall that the Russe walked off toward this building as you headed toward your own home. His appearance sticks in your mind.

Take my finger off the finger grip 'Some sort of ranged weapon like a crossbow maybe.. damn I should have checked what I had earlier no time now'

Take a quick glance around (Use wits?) for throwing objects and focus on countering it hard when it attacks

"So monster you bring me back from the dead just to kill me your self? Seems like a waste of time."

Try and distract it to buy time

If your mother returns via the stairway, then you've got a lot of time on your hands.

You split your attention on the fight and look around for any quickly-throwable objects. The chairs are an obvious bet, being lightweight and made of metal with some kind of hard leather seat that looks like it could hurt. The coffee table sports fruit, including a spiny one with sharp, blade-like leaves. You've never seen any of these before.
Not too heavily-distracted from the fight, you steel yourself and find yourself at a standoff. Your eyes gaze into It's, and then you realize that the monster looks--and feels--much more human that you'd originally thought. Clad in assassin's black, armed with rings of barbed wire and various sharp objects at his belt suitable for throwing, he wields a blade like a human would, guarding his vital spots with the finesse of a skilled warrior. Half his face is covered--you would take it as an opportunity to strike, you opponent having little depth perception, but part of you hesitates for the same reason a wise general picks his battles: you never know what he could be hiding.

(You use Wit for searching and Power for actions like throwing--but you have to specify how much Wit to use.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2017, 06:54:47 am »

"Is it ... is it your ... Nagisa's mother? M...maybe we better wait until she wakes up and escort her home."

-whisper-

"Maybe she's the reason Nagisa killed herself. But ... you are not really Nagisa, so you can probably handle it."

back to a more normal voice

"But you can still come with me. We can leave her to wake on her own. She has one of these magic chariots after all."

Makiko will either help Nagisa get her mother home, or will take Nagisa home with her, or will go to the bus with Nagisa and the girl and split up when we get near home, depending on Nagisa's decision.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2017, 04:34:25 pm »

"Don't sweat it, Youka," Nagisa finally said once she recovered from her shock. "Who knows what I would have to deal with if you haven't knocked her out."

"As for why Nagisa would commit suicide, maybe you're right, Makiko," Nagisa said as she replaced the identification. "When she first arrived, Nagisa's body really felt as if she didn't want to be anywhere near her. Of course, that could also be because she is overbearing toward Nagisa. For all I know, Nagisa could've killed herself over depression or something else."

Glancing toward the self-propelled machine in the driveway, Nagisa took a deep breath and continued after processing what she'd just discovered. "Regardless of how Nagisa felt about Madre Tsumiya, it'll be a shame to leave her lying here. Let's put her back in her machine and be on our way."

With help from the other two girls, place Ms. Tsumiya back into the car without waking her up and continue onward to the bus stop.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2017, 12:37:41 am »

"So, let me step back a bit. Today, I died in flames, spent over a millennium in some short of burning limbo, only to be revived in the body of an adolescent who slacked at his studies, in a world with strange magical tablets, iron horses, prevalent schooling, blinding neon torches, and delicious food. I am being followed by an oddly-bashful flaming beast, only to be led into more people from the past, also in the bodies of adolescents, who meet up after studies to track down and fight said beasts."

"And to think, when I woke up that morning, I told myself things couldn't get any stranger then seeing a bear praying at an altar."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2017, 07:41:14 pm »

Time to go on the offence I cant wait around together. Throw my backpack at him as a distraction rushing in after it and smashing him  (2 wits to hid actions)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2017, 08:38:12 pm »

Look for a pamphlet or some kind of indication of what this building is. Also note what kinds of staff there are here, and what they have. Also Mitsuru looks for a security room of sorts.

My 21 century instincts are telling me their must be some kind of camera room.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2017, 01:54:53 am »

"So, let me step back a bit. Today, I died in flames, spent over a millennium in some short of burning limbo, only to be revived in the body of an adolescent who slacked at his studies, in a world with strange magical tablets, iron horses, prevalent schooling, blinding neon torches, and delicious food. I am being followed by an oddly-bashful flaming beast, only to be led into more people from the past, also in the bodies of adolescents, who meet up after studies to track down and fight said beasts."

"And to think, when I woke up that morning, I told myself things couldn't get any stranger then seeing a bear praying at an altar."

Mako sighs. "Eeeeh... it's been like this every time now..."

She stares down at the ground, more of a reflection of her personality than any particular disdain toward yourself.

"Don't sweat it," Makoto pats you on the back.

Without forewarning, Chen interjects by quickly raising a hand.
"We're not the only ones--"

"Ara ara," a pair of unfamiliar footsteps, uneven in gait, slowly approach. "I see you brought the whole team with you,"
It's an old man wearing a light blue shirt. He is smiling, showing golden teeth as he looks down on you from the grated floor of the building's outdoor second floor, right above the team.

The other souls with you all enter fighting stances, except Mako, who seems new to this.

"Is it ... is it your ... Nagisa's mother? M...maybe we better wait until she wakes up and escort her home."

-whisper-

"Maybe she's the reason Nagisa killed herself. But ... you are not really Nagisa, so you can probably handle it."

back to a more normal voice

"But you can still come with me. We can leave her to wake on her own. She has one of these magic chariots after all."

Makiko will either help Nagisa get her mother home, or will take Nagisa home with her, or will go to the bus with Nagisa and the girl and split up when we get near home, depending on Nagisa's decision.

Youka steps away and watches at a distance. She picks up a bag, which she seems to have left behind a fair distance from the shrine.

Then, Nagisa looks to drag her (...adoptive?) mother back into her vehicle before setting out. Youka smiles. "Thoughtful of you to leave her in a cozy place," she says, before suddenly unfolding an umbrella, a kind you've never seen before. It's so small it fit right into the bag!

"Well, shall we go?" she says, smiling.

(See below for a continuation)

"Don't sweat it, Youka," Nagisa finally said once she recovered from her shock. "Who knows what I would have to deal with if you haven't knocked her out."

"As for why Nagisa would commit suicide, maybe you're right, Makiko," Nagisa said as she replaced the identification. "When she first arrived, Nagisa's body really felt as if she didn't want to be anywhere near her. Of course, that could also be because she is overbearing toward Nagisa. For all I know, Nagisa could've killed herself over depression or something else."

Glancing toward the self-propelled machine in the driveway, Nagisa took a deep breath and continued after processing what she'd just discovered. "Regardless of how Nagisa felt about Madre Tsumiya, it'll be a shame to leave her lying here. Let's put her back in her machine and be on our way."

With help from the other two girls, place Ms. Tsumiya back into the car without waking her up and continue onward to the bus stop.

(see above first)

On the way to the bus stop, Youka starts chatting about school.
"Since it looks like you two just arrived, I'll tell you now: At 8 a.m. every weekday, you'll meet in a homeroom. I'm not sure which one, but I don't think we'll be sharing classes--I'd have been classmates with the old Nagisa and Makiko, after all. But there's a good chance you two share a room. I'll pass your names on to my comrades and message you tomorrow with whichever rooms you're supposed to be in.
Oh, and a piece of advice: try not to stick out. There's people out there who'll take advantage of a pair of confused souls. They might be your former friends, too. Just put on an act."

The three of you end at a bus stop in a crowded city transit center. "Both of you are taking bus 231." She glances up at a sign. It--the sign changed, just seconds ago.

"Looks like it's twenty minutes," she says, looking a bit sad. "Mine's coming up shortly. I guess this is it for today." She steps off toward another platform. A busload of young schoolchildren, dressed in white and purple school uniforms, pours out of nearby bus, and suddenly the transit center is a bit... crowded. The charter bus they entered from pulls into a private road, and inside the bus you notice some sort of tree through the window. Makiko would call it "bamboo."
As the schoolchildren take their places on the platform, you can't help but notice that the two of you (or perhaps the younger students) are attracting strange looks from adults across the platforms, both men and women. A small child pulls on his mother's scarlet dress and moans, pointing in your general direction, "Mommy, why do those guys stay so long at school?"

"Because their parents made them" she tells her kid. Her eyes then meet yours. "Except those two, I don't know what they're doing."

Look for a pamphlet or some kind of indication of what this building is. Also note what kinds of staff there are here, and what they have. Also Mitsuru looks for a security room of sorts.

My 21 century instincts are telling me their must be some kind of camera room.

Text made of solid gold (Or perhaps plated. You never know with the rich types) on the wall reads: "Arveyda Tower -- Residential," implying that there's a non-residential section. You wonder.

Time to surveil!

You take up a position in a not-too-suspicious location sitting nonchalantly on a bench under the tree. A stray blossom lands on your face and you scrape it off, leaving a white puff on the hem of your attire.

You peer over the granite ridges and walkways, through the sparse crowd, to find a man in blue walking into an "authorized personnel only" door on the far side of the building. He wasn't carrying anything in particular.
There's a janitor near you cleaning blossoms off the floor, but he is wearing a different uniform entirely despite sharing the blue coloration. No helm either.

Time to go on the offence I cant wait around together. Throw my backpack at him as a distraction rushing in after it and smashing him  (2 wits to hid actions)

You toss the backpack and rush in. (3 Presence -> +3 attack dice with -2 to rolls due to exhaustion)
[Backpack roll: 3 => 2 - (3 => 2) = 0] Just as you are about to make contact, you are met with a point of glinting steel punching all the way through your bag--bringing it to a halt. (He blocked by attacking!?)

The other entity discards his sword and the bag itself, and the metal object with a grip that you stored earlier falls out and slides across the floor. Your opponent tilts his head, and in the split-second you have you realize that he is looking toward it. Is it truly so important?

Both of you have come to a halt. You lost all your forward momentum stopping at the blade. Your opponent dodged back--nullifying whatever kinetic energy advantage your quaking legs gave you. (he also used 3 Pc)
But. He lost his weapon. That's progress enough. You're at less of a disadvantage now.

[Attack action: 2 => 1 - (3 +> 3) = -2!] You strike with both fists at your now-unarmed opponent, but he steps sideways, kicking at your leg to trip you. [5 => 3] You react just in time, and now you've switched places. His left arm is extended toward the bag on the ground with its contents spilled. It seems he is going to go for the metal club, and not the sword, and he intends to use it.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:06:50 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29