Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor for unusual adventurers  (Read 762 times)

jamminmud

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Armor for unusual adventurers
« on: August 18, 2017, 07:39:27 am »

So I've been playing adventure mode an awful lot lately and upon creating my mantis man in hopes of creating a killing machine I look at all the steel armor that I have created for my adventurers and sigh, there is no way I will be able to protect my poor mantis man. This inspired the thought of a more practical way to get armor in the first place. Usually in order to get proper armor you need to raid your local keep in order to get everything you want and rarely you use an actual armor merchant. Now, if you were to actually ORDER the armor that you want you wouldn't have to waste half an our sifting through cloth tunics and gloves to get armor every time you make a new character. This would ultimately kill 2 birds with one stone. First, you would be able to order a suit of armor in your size allowing various playable creatures to become viable without stacking 50 shields and second it would eliminate the need for repetitive searches for iron high boots in mountains of crap. You figure this would work best with an actual economy set up but I figure the current adventure mode one would suffice for this task. Walk into an armorer, plop down a bag of coins, and pick out the armor you want. If anyone has any ideas like how to implement it into an economy or maybe dwarf fortress visitors going to your armor smith asking for armor, something like that leave a comment.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armor for unusual adventurers
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52:35 am »

I just rp it until a proper system is introduced. Travel to the nearby dwarf fortress and pick up armour in your size or stick him in the fortress guard for 5 years in exchange for a suit of steel.

Yeah, it'll be good when fit-for-mantis-men is an option at Adventurer armorers.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Armor for unusual adventurers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:21:43 am »

When I play an elephant man, armor isn't really needed. For another hilarious race, bushmaster men, this might also be a problem, through their tactic is usually "bite, then keep distance, wait till target drops dead".
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.