Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 17123 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 02:08:02 pm »

Calacachura asks for whatever's cheapest.

Don't drink my beverage just yet.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 02:12:56 pm »

Buy a couple of the most cheap drinks.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 02:33:21 pm »

Whiskey. One bottle will do.

Get some Whiskey.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: IT BEGINS
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 02:46:20 pm »

Acquire some Rum.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »

Acquire some Absinthe
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 05:28:35 pm »

Huh, could've sworn I made my first spell 'Tame Animal'. Oh well. Besides, with the specified effect of 'Become Canine', it wouldn't nearly be as useful.

"Well, suh, I'll wonder if you have a canteean for sale. Or whichever those metal, curved canisters for alcohols are called. Additionally, do you have any apples, either?"

See if he has either of the requested items. Also, check what time it is. Favorite drink is apple cider, or, if it has to be alcohol to work, apple-flavored mixed drinks.

Shouldn't drunkenness have non-casting penalties at some point? Rolls to resist passing out, which leaves one prone to attack by other wizards?

Also, I see what you're planning on doing, ATHATH. Contingency to Animate Booze Construct self when you die, reviving your consciousness without truly reviving you. That might get around the drunker-after-death rule, and if it doesn't, it would be a separate entity, so each would start at only 1 drunkenness, maybe. Costs 4 mana, but if rolled well, you revive with 5 mana, can drink to regain more mana (can a booze construct even become drunk, if it's essentially just expanding it's mass?), attack others, gain their spells, revive with less drunkenness, cast those spells to kill more wizards, etc. Just be warned that someone may try to drink you up.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 2
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »

Gary asks for a glass of his favorite drink: red wine
(You named yourself Stuart in this game.)
The bartender pops the cork off a bottle of red wine and pours some into a glass.

Whiskey Six casts conjure mug.
Then he asks for the bartender to fill it with his favorite drink: Whiskey.

5+2: You conjure up a fine looking mug, and plop it onto the counter. The bartender fills it with whiskey.

Calacachura asks for whatever's cheapest. Don't drink my beverage just yet.

The bartender hands you a beer. You doubt the level of alcohol is high.

4+2: You prepare a contingency.

Buy a couple of the most cheap drinks.

You get handed two beers.

Whiskey. One bottle will do.

Get some Whiskey.

You get your whiskey.

Acquire some Rum.

Rum aquired.

Acquire some Absinthe

The bartender raises an eyebrow at you, but pours the borderline toxic beverage nonetheless.

"Well, suh, I'll wonder if you have a canteean for sale. Or whichever those metal, curved canisters for alcohols are called. Additionally, do you have any apples, either?"

See if he has either of the requested items. Also, check what time it is. Favorite drink is apple cider, or, if it has to be alcohol to work, apple-flavored mixed drinks.
(I made become canine targetable, as well as undoing similar things on a couple other spells. And yes, excess drunkness may have consequences. I wasn't expecting people to survive long enough for that to be relevant though.)

5: He does indeed have a canteen for you. Alcoholic Cider is also available, raw apples not so much. He fills a canteen with your specified drink.

Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ziizo/Stuart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 04:19:00 pm »

MORE RUM.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 04:40:29 pm »

Stuart notices his lack of money so he fireballs the bartender and prepares to drink while running.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »

Ypgnath notices Stuart casting fireballs and tries to stop him from burning whole alcohol down.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 08:20:13 pm »

Whiskey Six takes a drink from his mug. He then leaps away from the counter as soon as he realizes what Stuart is doing.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 10:31:19 pm »

Cider turns Stuart into a pomeranian for what he's doing.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 11:03:33 pm »

Take a swig of beer and dive away from the fireball (not necessarily in that order).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 04:59:42 am »

Chug the Absinthe and ask for another one,Ignore that Stuart wants to burn down the building
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 09:45:07 pm »

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:01:50 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9