Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287949 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1050 on: January 05, 2018, 03:55:01 pm »

C D+.

In addition, make a public announcement. It is important to point out we were willing to support them, but that our government does not have a state religion and cannot make an exception for the Children. Unsatisfied, a priest acting of his own accord assaulted our officer in an attempt to scare us into accepting their demands. Let the people know that our government will not give into threats of violence, and even though this assault is regrettable, we believe it the action of a lone cleric and not the church itself. Publicly release information about the cultist, including a picture (possibly a still from our security cameras), and warn all members of our great nation to be wary of this zealot which is both armed and has already critically injured a member of our government. Extend formal request (not demand) to the Children to assist us investigating and locating the terrorist.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 05, 2018, 04:50:24 pm »

B C

making all this PR with security cameras and stuff will backfire, and showing "hey we decided to be friends of the one who attacked our officer" will sound plain stupid

I came too late, still have time to fucking quarantine people that might spread the virus?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 05, 2018, 04:54:56 pm »

I came too late, still have time to fucking quarantine people that might spread the virus?

Plenty. Glass, tiebreak.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 05, 2018, 05:04:13 pm »

Eh, flat our lying to our people is a bad move. The church will say we lied and we'll say we didn't and then we split the people. If we make it not about us verses church, but instead about stopping a criminal/terrorist, it lowers the chance for it develop into us verses them. If they deny their person attacked us, and don't give him up, they're at fault and will be known for harboring dangerous criminals. If they work with us, the people see us all working together. Their best move is to take the story and prevent the panic and loss of support from the people that this could bring.

As for sounding plain stupid, thats what happened. We gave them an inch, they wanted a mile, we said no, and this terrorist went off the rails. Now its all a matter of ensuring the safety of the people and leveraging public opinion against these whackos.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:08:57 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 05, 2018, 05:35:21 pm »

Gonna go with Robo's plan.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 05, 2018, 08:36:55 pm »

Hm, yeah. I'm not sure which plan is better, but since I feel neutral, I will hold off of tying. I abstain.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 05, 2018, 09:08:21 pm »

Hm, yeah. I'm not sure which plan is better, but since I feel neutral, I will hold off of tying. I abstain.

Welcome to the game, Doomblade!
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 05, 2018, 10:13:07 pm »

C D+.

In addition, make a public announcement. It is important to point out we were willing to support them, but that our government does not have a state religion and cannot make an exception for the Children. Unsatisfied, a priest acting of his own accord assaulted our officer in an attempt to scare us into accepting their demands. Let the people know that our government will not give into threats of violence, and even though this assault is regrettable, we believe it the action of a lone cleric and not the church itself. Publicly release information about the cultist, including a picture (possibly a still from our security cameras), and warn all members of our great nation to be wary of this zealot which is both armed and has already critically injured a member of our government. Extend formal request (not demand) to the Children to assist us investigating and locating the terrorist.

All this is done.

The church seems to be backing up our position. They state that the act was one of a lone terrorist and agree to help us search for the perpetrator.

After the reporter business is over, Celling and Merrowitz get a report from the physicians and people in charge of treating Denis (mentally-attacked person).

“We found no physical, chemical, or biological abnormalities,” the doctor tells them. “All tests were normal. Whatever this is, it was something that bypassed the body entirely, going straight to her brain. The good news is that there will be no permanent neurological damage.”

Celling turned to her. “So what is causing this?”

The doctor sighed. “It appears to be something similar to an epileptic attack. A mass continuous misfiring of neurons in one part of the brain that totally disables it, resulting in erratic and uncontrollable motions. A repeating overload in her brain.”

“What could have done that?” Merrowitz asked.

“I have no clue, OK?” the doctor said. She shrugged. “You’re wondering if it’s a psychic attack, right? I really didn’t believe that kind of thing, but now I’m not so sure. Whatever it was, whoever did this is capable of reaching straight into her brain and directly changing the way the neurons fire. Someone put his or her fingers into her mind and twiddled them.”

Celling and Merrowitz looked at each other. “So how do we treat it?” Celling asked.

“Done, and done,” the doctor said.

“What?”

“As I’ve said, no permanent damage was done to her brain. It just needs to be rebooted,” the doctor answered. “After we sedated her, we dropped her into a deep coma to delete the electrical signals causing this, and she’s fine now. She’s barely conscious and slowly recovering, but her readings are all normal and she shows no sign of cognitive abnormalities.”

“So she’s fine,” Celling asked, relieved.

“Completely. I hope you have a plan to find whoever did this, though. She’s really eager to give them a piece of her mind. Or rather, get it back.”

“We’re working on that,” said Merrowitz.

The doctor left. Around then they heard a crash from down the hall.

“Was that…” Merrowitz began.

A panicked SQUAAAAAAAK echoed down the hall.

“Parrot’s back,” said Celling.

They ran down the hall and into the War Room, where the parrot had apparently flown straight out of their box and into a wall. Celling picked him up gently.

“Hey there,” he said. “Had a nice trip?”

The parrot regained his senses and flew off to perch on the side of a chair. “Missed the box by a mile on my first try and ended up in a trash can again!” he protested, in a small, chirpy voice.

“Did Quill get the note? Did he eat it?” Merrowitz asked.

“Yes, and yes,” the parrot replied. “I think Padelheb’s men are on to me, though. I Hammerspace-jumped out in full view of a big crowd of them. They’ve gotta be so mad around now.”

“Well,” said Celling, slamming a bowl of nuts in front of the parrot, “We’ll be sending you after David Eborrenial (teenage prophet) in the morning. I’d advise that you relax and regain your energy.”

The parrot pecked suspiciously at the nuts. “Almonds? I hate almonds!”

“We all make sacrifices for our country,” said Celling lazily. “Good night, green guy.”

More free action time. It is now night, second day of Padelheb’s rule. This is all a flashback which will end on night, third day. Suggest anything, no cost!

Sanity check

Reveal the truth twice: Sanity -6%

Sanity: 88%
Influence: 98%
Fame: +0

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 06, 2018, 11:32:22 am »

Quarantine those guys with weak immunity system listed, wait and prepare for catching patient zero for a way to track who did this and a cure as fast as possible

Is Celling brazilian or what? If not brazillian we should go to santiago and personally try to catch the first infected

Review our supplies on medicine an food, we might have to reduce taxes or distribute some kind of medicine that reduces the effects of the sickness

(maybe we should let a note overnight
"prepare med team
got info about outbreak
bio-attack today
annexed with a list of low-immunity individuals who can spread virus further)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 06, 2018, 12:07:32 pm »

Is Celling brazilian or what? If not brazillian we should go to santiago and personally try to catch the first infected

Ethnicities of everyone in play right now:

Erin Quill (scientist): Antarctican
Wenton Celling (captain): Half-Argentinian
Madeline Merrowitz (general): Argentinian
Armen DeMarco (turncoat): Half-Argentinian
David Eborrenial (prophet): Around three quarters Argentinian
Jacob Eldin (hero): Antarctican
Anna Drimoxi (love interest/action girl): Argentinian
Sam Drimoxi (fanatic grandpa): Argentinian
Andrew Calvin (cool kid): Antarctican
Sir Tyro Padleheb (manipulative politician): Antarctican

Susceptibility to virus is dominant, so being half-Argentinian is just as bad as being fully Argentinian.

(maybe we should let a note overnight
"prepare med team
got info about outbreak
bio-attack today
annexed with a list of low-immunity individuals who can spread virus further)

Note to who? The outbreak's not for 3 days, though. And this was told on Day 2. Which means outbreak is on Day 5.

The rebels are a more present threat.

Quarantine those guys with weak immunity system listed, wait and prepare for catching patient zero for a way to track who did this and a cure as fast as possible

Review our supplies on medicine an food, we might have to reduce taxes or distribute some kind of medicine that reduces the effects of the sickness

I'll go roll these two.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 06, 2018, 12:08:31 pm »

In addition, I present da Discord.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 06, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »

Hmmm, what if we made a different emergency to cut off the viral threat? Hear me out here.

A viral outbreak is limited by it's ability to mutate as it's spread and it's ability to find new hosts. We can do very little about the mutatability of the virus without causing massive panic and distributing medicine and all sorts of things.

So we make it impossible for it to spread. We drum up some other fake scare, maybe even build on the earlier one. Get people to stay inside, put out a fake and scary story. People stay inside, it can't spread. We do a few theatrics with some explosives and smoke and boom, we have a smoke screen for the mobilization of troops, distribution of supplies and medicine, and enough reason to institute a curfew or something similar. Then at the end we defeat the threat and the people see we can defend ourselves and effectively deal with things.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 06, 2018, 05:36:42 pm »

Hmmm, what if we made a different emergency to cut off the viral threat? Hear me out here.

A viral outbreak is limited by it's ability to mutate as it's spread and it's ability to find new hosts. We can do very little about the mutatability of the virus without causing massive panic and distributing medicine and all sorts of things.

So we make it impossible for it to spread. We drum up some other fake scare, maybe even build on the earlier one. Get people to stay inside, put out a fake and scary story. People stay inside, it can't spread. We do a few theatrics with some explosives and smoke and boom, we have a smoke screen for the mobilization of troops, distribution of supplies and medicine, and enough reason to institute a curfew or something similar. Then at the end we defeat the threat and the people see we can defend ourselves and effectively deal with things.

Anyone wanna come up with a specific suggestion?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 06, 2018, 05:44:40 pm »

Simple: heightened rebel activity. Nothing like the possibility of terrorists to keep people in their houses.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 06, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »

I'm down for rebels. If we set off a few large smoke bombs  on bridges, perhaps even an empty government office somewhere, and get some visibility going, then people will talk about it. We of course refuse to comment on it, but someone leaks the info of rebel attacks to the press. We increase security, advise people to stock up on food, medicine, and water and then advise people stay in their homes for the next few days until we can be sure all the "bombs" are disarmed. Easy cover, almost no danger to infrastructure, and if we keep the press far enough away, little chance to be caught lying.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 203