Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 286034 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1155 on: January 15, 2018, 03:48:50 pm »

• First off, welcome to South America.
  • Second, we just got into a fight with a psion. He's the guy that just shot Merrowitz. Presumably, he's dead now. When the smashed the crystal that let him do his psion stuff, this whole portal thing happened. We don't really know what was involved on your side.
  • Third, the most immediate issue we've got is that there's rebels around... somewhere. We happen to be the people in charge here, and they don't like us. Also, what they want to do would end up blowing up and entire continent and all the people on it, which we understandably don't like.
  • Additionally, we're technically just one layer of a larger organization. The current top guy took out the old top guy a couple days ago by framing him for treason, despite the fact that the old top guy was really just trying to make sure Bad StuffTM didn't happen. We're still loyal to the old top guy.
  • Finally, oracles have two things to say: one, old top guy is supposed to escape from prison in 2 days. Two, new top guy is going to put some death stuff here after our guy gets out. From what we know, it avoids anyone purely from the main continent, but anyone that's even partly South American dies if they catch it. We're currently trying to figure out ways to minimize the death toll, or stop the disease if at all possible.
  • Addendum: our old top guy shatters the timeline whenever he's in the area. If we can get him here quickly, we believe that we can stop the disease outright.

Queries:
  • What's the situation on your side?
  • Who's the ghost?
  • Could you please explain what it is you thought was on the other side of the portal?

I'll take a +1
+1

"Only Acter can save us now!", KJP whispers.

+1

Addendum:
-Shout "MEDICS FAST"

Addendum to queries:
-You're an warrior of gods right?, in our history some of these were also healers or dealed with plagues IF your god interfere directly with the world and you have some kind of magic (look, portals to other worlds are not a normal thing here) do you have something regarding healing RIGHT FUCKING NOW or something about dealing with sickness? Maybe this portal and your help is enough interference for making sure we can save millions from death

She is lawn full stupid? sure, just make sure she don't peep into the fourth wall while she is here and use her as a bridge until we can discard her and become their government too
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 17, 2018, 06:04:22 pm »

I support the above, with perfuse apologies thrown in whenever possible.

Get her a map of the world ASAP too.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 19, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »

“Welcome to South America,” Roboson said.

Soon Kim, a translucent spectral presence hovering around a foot above the ground, glanced around. “What is this place?”

“She needs medical attention!” Celling called. Several of the medics rushed up to help Merrowitz.

Soon Kim knelt down to touch his transparent hand to Merrowitz's head. “Lay on hands!” he shouted.

Blue light sizzled down his arm and sprung across his fingers. Nothing happened.

Momentarily stunned by the sudden collapse of her opponent, Miko raised her sword again.

Soon Kim noticed this. “Stand down, Miko,” he said.

She barely noticed. “These are evildoers that must be stopped.”

“Come on, Miko, they obviously mean no harm.”

“They were beyond your Gate!” she shouted. “They are the Snarl!”

“If this were the Snarl, it would not wait to attack.”

“They are scared of me!” Miko screamed. “They fear me, because the Twelve Gods walk with me every step of the way!”

“Are you actually totally stupid, child?” Soon Kim hissed back. “The Twelve Gods ejected you from the Sapphire Guard for your actions!”

“They are testing my faith and I will succeed!” Miko returned.

“You dare disobey the judgement of the gods? I am Soon Kim, founder and first leader of the Sapphire Guard, and I am ordering you to STAND DOWN!

Miko stared for a few minutes, then ran back through the rift.

Soon Kim turned back to the various officers. “I’m sorry for that little display,” he said. “What’s going on here?”

KJP walked up to Soon. “Hey, are you a ghost?” He swished his hand through Soon’s head. “I wonder if it goes through. I guess he is a - OW!” This last bit because Soon Kim had punched him in the nose.

“We were fighting a fellow that had a mind-manipulating device of some kind,” Celling said. “We managed to destroy it, creating this rift. What exactly did you expect to find here?”

“This Gate was supposed to contain a creature of chaos and hatred more powerful than the gods themselves.” Soon said. “I saw it contained. Instead, when it was smashed, it seems to have opened a portal into some other place.”

“And who are you?” asked Robinson. “Are you actually a ghost?”

“I am Soon Kim, paladin of the Sapphire Guard, and yes, I have returned from the dead to assist my people,” Soon answered. “The country on my side of this rift is called Azure City and has been overrun by the forces of evil. How about yours?”

“We are the Republic of the South,” says Roboson. “And apparently the gateway is trans-universal, because we don’t know of any place known as Azure City in our world. You can look at these maps if you want. We’re currently having some dire issues with discontent and rebellion. Normally, we would not be concerned, except that their current plan involves the total annihilation of two continents.”

“Disturbing,” he said. “So you have chosen a democratic form of government?”

“In reality, we got more of an aristocracy,” Celling admitted.

“Fair enough,” he said. “So did I. Detect Evil!”

He swept his gaze over the other people, then anticlimactically blinked. “Funny. That should have worked.”

“What should have?” asked Roboson

“That was a spell to determine if your intentions were pure. It didn’t return a reading on any of you at all.”

“Huh,” says Celling. “That probably warrants some thought. In the meantime, we have even worse problems. There’s a group of people in our universe that can see into the future to a slight degree-”

“In ours as well.”

“Yeah, well, they predict that in three days, a deadly plague will be unleashed upon this continent. And even worse, it will wipe out only people of one origin, thus heightening already-present racial tensions.”

“... seriously.”

“Absolutely. Plus, our central government has been taken over by a power-hungry good-for-nothing manipulative bastard called Tyro Padelheb.”

“You guys actually sound like you're in trouble.”

“Yeah,” agreed Celling. “So what's up on your end?”

“Our city just got overrun by an army of hobgoblins.”

“Hobgoblins?” asked KJP. “Those little cute things that dance around in the woods and mess up your laundry and stuff?”

“I have no idea how it’s like in your plane, but there’s nothing little or cute about our hobgoblins,” said Soon. “They are led by an evil lich named Xykon, who seeks to capture one of the Gates and use it for his nefarious purposes.”

“And the gates are…” Roboson asked.

“I helped build them; I should know.” Soon explained. “They act as a containment system for the Snarl, an ancient being of pure chaos more powerful than the gods themselves. Five exist, formed around natural weaknesses in the Snarl’s prison. Two have already been destroyed through Xykon’s actions, but gaining control of even one would allow him to threaten to not only kill every being on our plane, but consume their souls as well.”

“That bad?”

“It’s said that when the Snarl was first created, it annihilated an entire pantheon of gods - and a whole planet - within minutes.”

Obviously both worlds have serious issues. What direction would you like the negotiations to go?

A: Offer to help them retake their city, possibly in exchange for help later on.
B: Ask if they would be willing to help with the rebels, usurper, or plague.
C: Exchange information generally but don't ask for or offer help
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 19, 2018, 03:59:40 pm »

"Let me test something."
[fires a gun through the portal, notices that yes, it works for shooting stuff]
"I think we might be able to help you with something. After that, maybe you can help us."

A.

Reasoning: Their magic doesn't work here, but firearms don't require anything like that. Ergo, right now, we can be of more help to them than they can be to us. We can figure out how they can help us later.
Plague is top priority for that.

Also, oracles should know about this. This may cause some huge divergences from the established future lines.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:04:23 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1159 on: January 19, 2018, 04:02:00 pm »

A

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 19, 2018, 07:09:32 pm »

"I think we might be able to help you with something."

WELL GUESS WHAT.
YOU CAN'T.

Celling experimentally fires his revolver at the portal. The bullet goes through and cracks a blue brick on the other side. Soon watches with some interest.

“Seems that while your magic doesn't work in our world, our weapons work in yours,” he explains. “So why don't we help you take back your city?”

And that's when the phone call is received, when the line is traced, when the rebels are found.

That’s right, kids, this accursed flashback has finally ended. We're back to fighting the rebels, in this instance on a beach marina thing. And you have to choose between defending yourself or Azure City… and you have no Key… and Merrowitz is dead. I honestly didn't imagine you going into the beach fight this badly off. Sucks to be you.

A: Rush forces to the beach.
B: Attempt to help Soon

(you could send people to both, but you have to choose one to focus on, personally, the other gets the idiot ball. Plus you don't have unlimited forces and either one will take a sizable army.)
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 19, 2018, 07:11:21 pm »

B

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 19, 2018, 07:13:26 pm »

B

Is that B to the old question or B to the new?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1163 on: January 19, 2018, 07:15:15 pm »

A: Rush forces to the beach!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 19, 2018, 07:42:50 pm »

"Damnit. God-fluxing damnit.
Ok, really sorry, city defense has to wait, we have a lead.
This is a really fucking terrible time..."

A.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 19, 2018, 07:51:23 pm »

Is that B to the old question or B to the new?
The new one. Why would I answer an old question? :|

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 19, 2018, 10:03:02 pm »

yell to someone to bring weapons and start fending weapons to  their land (their magick don't work here, they won't be of great use)

And say that we have to rush troops to the beach, make someone instruct their crossbow users of how to use these things and let a small unit behind to at least fend of parts of the castle before we come back
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 20, 2018, 11:51:21 am »

C: Send our forces to the beach, but see if we have spare weapons to lend to Soon.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 20, 2018, 09:43:44 pm »

So you have chosen A + send weapons to Soon.

I was considering making this a play-as-character thing, but I think we’ve had enough of that already. It’ll be a tactical command segment instead.

For the next section - the beach fight - we will be taking some inspiration from D&D. That is - whenever you attempt an attack, you roll a d20, potentially with bonuses, and compare it with a number representing the difficulty of hitting the target. Natural 20s and 1s hold, corresponding to guaranteed successes and failures respectively, regardless of your bonuses. If you succeed, you roll some dice for damage that are based on the weapon.

The similarities stop there. Well, we still roll for initiative and can have sneak rounds and saving throws and spot checks and such, but there’s a bunch of notable differences. Most prominently, I’ve changed the way that armor works. Instead of a bump to the difficulty of making a shot, each piece of armor has its own “deflection dice”, which are rolled and subtracted from the damage of the weapon used. If this goes totally negative, then the shot spangs off completely, stopped by the armor.

All characters start out with 100 hp. When they reach 50 hp, they get the Heavy Bleeding debuff, which decreases their hp at d3 per turn until treated. Every time they pass 50 hp, it’s added again (this corresponds to getting wounds bandaged, then getting the bandages shot off - ouch). When a character reaches 10 hp, he/she becomes Crippled and cannot move until medical assistance is rendered. This also tacks on another -d3 per turn to health.

I’ll post stats and abilities and stuff later, but for now, you can just think about what kind of weaponry you want to bring, the different orders and different armaments you want to give to various squads. I’ll factor this into the stats.

And also which tropes you want to use, because I’m letting you actually pick tropes like abilities or weapons now. See the chart.

You have 6 trope slots. Each slot can be any of the types that it’s included in, so you’ll have to make tradeoffs between types:

Passive tropes are always active and set the tone of the battle as a whole. Example: The Chase
Active tropes are responses to certain events and automatically fire when conditions are met. Example: Turns Red
Weapon tropes decide what weapons you’re going to be using during this battle. Example: Wave Motion Gun
Setting tropes dictate the backdrop of the battle and the environmental factors that might affect it. Example: Sheet of Glass

These can work for both you and the heroes - especially “passive” and “weapon” - so choose wisely.

Don’t go too overboard with this; I won’t let you blatantly violate physics or change the tone of this entire game. Keep in mind our universe and technological period.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 21, 2018, 12:20:19 pm »

Tropes we need:
  • The Bad Guy Wins
  • Invincible Villain

Tropes that may be useful:
  • Visionary Villain
  • And Then What?/Armor-Piercing Question [in regards to "what do you think is going to happen when you're done?"]
  • Villains Never Lie
  • Break Them by Talking
  • Face-Heel Turn [for certain values of face and heel]

EDIT: Additionally:
  • Villain Has a Point
  • More Than Mind Control
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:27:47 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 203