Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287574 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1320 on: March 14, 2018, 12:15:12 pm »

I don't always know what to do, Blue. I'm not too big on trying to figure out which of two potential allies we need to screw over.

Also, your link is borked for terms and services problem.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 14, 2018, 12:43:03 pm »

I don't always know what to do, Blue. I'm not too big on trying to figure out which of two potential allies we need to screw over.

Also, your link is borked for terms and services problem.

What link? This one?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 14, 2018, 01:23:40 pm »

...I will be figuring out what the hell code that is, later, at a computer.

For now, though, goddamnit Blue.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 14, 2018, 01:32:05 pm »

...I will be figuring out what the hell code that is, later, at a computer.
you need https://libraryofbabel.info/
For now, though, goddamnit Blue.

What code?

"So, the more we us his suggestions the more he will likely screw us to make sure he knows which timeline he is?"

"Isn't there a way to prevent and protect from his negative side? Yes, it's probably hard to prevent what a precognitive guy is going to do, but not impossible, he probably predicted we giving him to you and whatever other variables, but preventing his moves  and using it against him is a bold move that he probably won't feel possible, just use him not the other way around"

------------------------------------

Hmm, yes, it's weird that he decided to help us against the rebels, and not just watching from afar to see what we do so he can discover our timelines

Greno: "Spot on. His entire job is to screw you over so he knows the timeline. As for defending against his negative sides? No, you can't. Anything you would try he can predict."

Well, too bad. As I've said, I can guarantee that everything Greno's said is true - that is, nothing David said actually contradicts this. He also just showed up and offered to help.

And please, guys, offer suggestions. Actually, I'm making a poll... now.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 14, 2018, 01:36:46 pm »

Oh wait... I can't get rid of the select two options thing.

This is probably a thing I'll have to get a moderator to solve, but whatever.

Just select both if you trust both, and only select the last if you trust neither.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 14, 2018, 02:59:47 pm »

Just so that you know, Blue, none of the links that you try to make invisible are ever invisible to me.

Now. Which hex, and which page?

EDIT: If we could get Erin here, it would completely neutralize the thing about the Visionaries that Goonswarm is worried about. I think we should find a way to make that happen.

Quick everyone, think of tropes involving someone unexpected appearing out of nowhere!

EDIT2: Also, in case you guys can't see Blue's links, they're this mess and this infinite library.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:18:56 pm by Glass »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 15, 2018, 03:43:29 pm »

I got lost in this library

No one will never see me again
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 15, 2018, 04:28:48 pm »

Y’know, a library like that one is 100% the type of thing I can see Erin making a physical version of, just for kicks.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 16, 2018, 11:49:24 am »

Y’know, a library like that one is 100% the type of thing I can see Erin making a physical version of, just for kicks.

I doubt it. It has no clear use and would require a lot of resources. Waste of his time, he has better things to do, like saving the world.

Such a thing built in Hammerspace, however, would be a great prison for Sir Tyro Padelheb.

Now. Which hex, and which page?

This one.

Also something recently reminded me of K. A. Applegate's Animorphs youth science fiction series and I realized that the only thing worse than killing Erin Quill?

Mind controlling him.

And assuming that the revelation of the fourth wall doesn't instantly kill or drive insane whatever's possessing him... a hostile fourth-wall manipulator would be an interesting route to go down.

Actually, genre-savvy Visser One would be terrifying.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 16, 2018, 12:06:24 pm »

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 17, 2018, 09:04:25 pm »

SURPRISE

(I finally got into university so my replies will get more and more irregular than it already was)

Also, congratulations! Don't let my silly forum game distract you from your pursuit of higher education, getting into college is a huge achievement!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 29, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »

So I’d actually like that dilemma resolved at this point, so let’s do that.

Hfsalt: “You will, naturally, demand more concrete proof. This we have expected. Have it. The following was recorded at the Citadel of the Protinam 60 hours ago. You will note that the recording resolution is beyond the means of speech editing technology, so there is no question of it being faked.

The line then beeps as it switches to a recording of some kind. Just as Greno described, there are none of the characteristic flaws or static required to cover up a falsified recording.

"The future is always murky," the recorded voice of David Eborrenial says. "But some things are clear. If the empire falls, it'll be by your hand. Victory is not guaranteed and the path forward is difficult, but you and your friends represent the best hope we have of shaking off the oppression of the Antarcticans. You, Jacob Eldin, are destined to end the oh-so-misnamed Republic of the South."

"That's helpful," says a voice you can tell is Jacob Eldin. "But I was hoping you'd have some advice about getting to the-"

"Your goal? You don't have to reach Antarctica to finish it." David continues. "Tunnels go places. The wormhole has two ends and it can be collapsed from either. One is anchored in Antarctica, but the other is on this continent. That's the whole point."

"But we don't know where the Brazilian end is stored-" says a voice you recognize as Anna Drimoxi.

"Of course not. It was hidden away in some sort of underground complex. But the Antarcticans are moving it out in a ship. Search the docks of Santiago. You'll find it there."

"Where, exactly?" asks Anna.

"I don't know,” David admits. “I just know where you can begin your search. Go to the piers. Once you get there, don’t trust the bees and the king. Your friend has a yellow hand."

"And you're on our side about this?" Jacob asks.

David sighs. "The Republic isn't all bad. They think they're doing the right thing, which makes them even more dangerous. But I've seen that the Republic must fall, lest our civilization crumble into darkness and ruin. I will support you any way I can. I'll try to mislead their investigators a bit if I can."

"Well, thank you, High Visionary-" begins Jacob.

"Anna?" David says, cutting Jacob off. "Can I speak to you in private for a moment?"

"Uh, sure?" Anna says. There is the sound of feet and then a beep as the recording apparently changes to another track, based in whatever room they walked into.

Anna Drimoxi,” says David thoughtfully. “So young and yet so troubled.

You’re literally a year older than me at most,” she shoots back. “And is there something you’d like to tell me?

It’s about Jacob Eldin,” David says.

What about him?” Anna asks.

You like him, don’t you,” David replies.

What does that have to do with anything?” demands Anna.

But you do like him,” David presses. “I don’t even have to look into the future or whatever, just the way you look at him, the way you talk to him… You’re literally almost finishing his sentences.

I… I mean…” Anna stammers. “I don’t get why you want to know.

I don’t. Just… you know what you’re father wants to do, right? The monarchy?

Yes,” Anna answers flatly.

He’s a Visionary. Of a different sort,” David says. “He’ll do anything to finish what he believes is right. And that’ll drive him on forever. He’ll eventually will see everything as an acceptable sacrifice for his cause. He’s not there yet, but he’ll get there. He’ll make himself get there.

And your point?

David sighs. “Someday that drive, that determination, will begin tearing things apart. Eventually you’ll have to choose between Samael Drimoxi and Jacob Eldin. You’d best begin thinking about your choice.

The voice of Greno Hfsalt comes up again.

Greno: “That should do it, right? That’s the proof you needed. David is helping the enemy. We will negotiate no longer. Capture or kill him. That’s our terms of alliance. We have people watching, we will know when the deed is done, but cannot do it himself while he is guarded by you.

There is a click. The line goes dead.

What do you do?

A: Comply with Goonswarm’s demands. Get rid of David Eborrenial
>A1: Have David arrested at gunpoint
>A2: Send soldiers after him with orders to kill
>A3: Try to trick him and lead him to Goonswarm’s territory

B: Do not comply.
>B1: Inform David of the accusations levied against him by Goonswarm Federation
>B2: Bring up the accusations, but in a fashion that does not make it clear that an outside agency has accused him of something. Ask, for example, “Have you communicated with Jacob Eldin? Why are you helping us after all?”
>B3: Ignore the accusations completely.

(Explanation of numbers: This is not a plurality vote. Otherwise there could be spoiler effects or strategic voting from one side being more divided or something. Instead, a major option A or B will be first chosen based upon the majority of people voting for an A option or a B option. Then, once one of those has won, a suboption will be chosen based upon the suboptions selected.)

p ?6H G@:46 4@>6D @G6C E96 C25:@]
|:EE2?:i Qp?5 J@F 2=D@ D9@F=5 4@?D:56C E92E s2G:5 t3@CC6?:2= 92D 2 4CFD9 @? p??2 sC:>@I:] p?5 E92E E96 v| @7 E9:D 82>6 7:C>=J 36=:6G6D E92E =@G6 >2<6D J@F 5F>3]Q

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 29, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »

If A, A2. Just kill him. The longer he's alive, the more leeway he has.
If B, B2.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 29, 2018, 09:44:32 pm »

If A, A2. Just kill him. The longer he's alive, the more leeway he has.
If B, B2.

So what's your vote?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 29, 2018, 09:46:37 pm »

A, I think.
To be honest, he's kind of inflaming both sides here. I'd rather we get this over with quickly, and he's in the way of that.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 203