Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287432 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Renegade interrupts
« Reply #2385 on: January 13, 2019, 12:26:19 pm »

Celling, after assuring that everything remaining is in order on the ship, returns to the area where everyone else is.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 13, 2019, 01:13:38 pm »

"Please. Accept your help? Maybe if you hadn't already expressed your opinion about this. Besides, I brought all these other scientists for a reason. Ladies and gents, let's get started."

Fallas d'Florist refuses T. Levin's help, then has his cohort of scientists assist him.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 13, 2019, 02:26:35 pm »

Get Jacob's attention (+1 willpower)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2388 on: January 13, 2019, 02:28:23 pm »

Joule de Protonne's ghost watches the ongoing commotion and laughs.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Renegade interrupts
« Reply #2389 on: January 15, 2019, 01:04:55 am »

SQUACKOVERLORD

Get Jacob's attention (+1 willpower)

Rolls: 1 3 → Partial success!

Rockeater spends 1 willpower
Everyone gets 1 willpower from the turn change
Willpower count
KJP: 6
Glass: 6
Madman: 7
Rockeater: 7
Fallacy: 10

Someone entering now will enter with 17 willpower
Rockeater has the parrot
What would Rockeater like the parrot to do?

Fallacy rolls 1
T. Levin rolls 10 but it doesn’t matter because Fallacy doesn’t accept his help.

“...and that should be it!” announces Fallacy. By now he’s injected the DNA, and two electrodes are connected to Anna’s chest. He turns a dial on his cart, and there is an audible whirr of electricity. “Resurrection in three… two… NOW!”

Nothing happens.

Without missing a beat, Fallacy whirls around and adjusts a switch. He thumbs a red button on his cart and turns around to face Jacob again. “I meant, resurrection NOW!”

Anna gurgled a bit as her body twitched and blood leaked from the side of her mouth.

Now slightly worried, Fallacy turned back to his cart. He pulled out gauges and checked papers. “No, no, no, that should have worked…”

“What… did you do?” asks Jacob in shock. He reaches for his gun, and Fansworth glares at him. “Don’t try it,” Fansworth hisses.

The parrot, suddenly full of resolve, wings upwards from the ground. “HI JACOB!” it screams. “HI JACOB HI JACOB HI JACOB-”

Celling walks back in through the gaping hole in the wall. “Okay, what the hell is happening now,” he asks.

Frankly? RTD is over. Suggest and vote on plans from here forward.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 15, 2019, 01:14:21 am »

Use hammerspace Infront of Jacob and as many other people in the room as possible (+3 willpower)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 15, 2019, 01:44:12 am »

Get the hell out of here Given I am a state secret and govelsewgere. Not saying a word on Fallacy’s failure.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 15, 2019, 09:57:15 am »

Celling sees Anna’s body - still notably inanimate - and takes a deep breath before looking at Jacob.
“Alright. Jacob, I think I know a way that we might be able to fix this, but I need you to trust me for this - and yes, I know that’s not likely something you want to do. But, when we broke the Key the first time, it opened up a portal, to a place where things work... differently. They have magic there, and that portal is still open. I don’t know if they can save Anna, but given that Florist couldn’t, I believe it may be worth an attempt.”

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 16, 2019, 12:30:52 am »

"Bugger. Knew we should have started human trials before this. We'll have to do more tests. Honestly expected more of that."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Renegade interrupts
« Reply #2394 on: February 03, 2019, 03:20:57 pm »

*pokes Blue*

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: February 03, 2019, 03:30:04 pm »

"Bugger. Knew we should have started human trials before this. We'll have to do more tests. Honestly expected more of that."

“ Given the fact my handy work included requiring the organs to respond to stimulation, Yeah should have put more thought.”

As he then decides to exit the scene.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Renegade interrupts
« Reply #2396 on: February 09, 2019, 02:15:56 pm »

Stats list check:

• +1 military
  • +2 scientific
  • +1 informational
  • -1 political
  • BONUS: Scientific designs get one die automatically 4
  • BONUS: D7s are rolled on anything relating to Wenton Celling
  • Fingerprint scanners on military base doors
  • Uplifted dogs
  • Lobotomized child soldiers called “Cherubs”
  • Plans for a shield against Andantesite wormhole disruption, although power-intensive and requiring a lot of Andantesite
  • Large, cracked Andantesite shard, ready to link
  • Radio-frequency Andantesite disruptor - 14.03 hour working time
  • Loading of wormhole onto SFN Pylos planned, to follow Magellan back home
  • Hammerspace parrot
  • Venomous implants for dogs
  • Hammerspace disruption masers, although in control of Padelheb Fansworth

Plot points to be resolved:
  • T. Levin inspecting Tommy DeMarco’s memory removal, then leaving for America
  • Interrogating captured rebels
  • Order of the Stick
  • Padelheb’s remaining supporters

“Alright, it’s been arranged,” says Enir Nest. Quill is standing on a balcony in the capital complex. He gazes thoughtfully past the brick and concrete buildings, staring into the distance, watching the sun set over the ice sheets of Antarctica.

“T. Levin is going to be exiled to America,” Nest continues. He speaks softly but clearly, barely audible over the cold night wind. “He’s been allowed to recruit from our prisoners, minus the ones accused of treason.”

“No hitches, seriously?” asks Quill. “Nobody trying to stop me from letting him ride off into the sunset?”

“Some strings had to be pulled, believe me, but the only person here that outright ignored your input was Padelheb,” Nest answers. “There’s precautions, but Levin has been astonishingly cooperative so far. And if it changes anything, he’s traveling by boat.”

“That’s good,” says Quill. He turns around and walks into the building, Nest following alongside him.

“The people want your word that the Cherub program will be instantly disbanded,” Nest says.

“Well, obviously-”

“But I’m sure that they’ll understand that while Levin’s actions cannot be condoned, the results of his work can be used,” says Nest. “If that’s what you say. The Cherubs have proven themselves to be a formidable fighting force, and rehabilitating them into civilian life could be difficult. Honestly, the best option might be to keep them.”

“And you think the people will be okay with this?” Quill asks.

“Perhaps they don’t need to know,” says Nest.

Quill says nothing. Changing the topic, he asks, “What about that scientist I told you to keep an eye on, Fallas d’Florist?”

He knows the answer. Of course, he knows the answer, it’s sitting in a dimly-lit room in his brain, but-

“He’s departed on a ship for Argentina,” says Nest. “With a bunch of assistants and soldiers. Said something about genetic modification or resurrection, or both.”

“When did he go?”

“A few hours ago,” says Nest. “He’ll arrive in around three days. You could probably catch up with him if you wanted to return to Argentina. Speaking of which, are you planning to?”

“Probably, at some point,” Quill says. “And one more thing. With the wormhole packed up to go to England, we’ve got to figure out another means of rapid communication with the other continents.”

“We’ve already tried sending radio signals,” says Nest. “No dice. The curvature of the Earth’s too great to get a direct connection, and there’s too much noise coming off the aurora for the ionosphere to be any use as a reflection point.”

“How about… just run a telegraph cable across the Drake Passage?” Quill asks.

Nest goes silent for a moment. “Now, I’m no oceanographer, but… the Drake’s full of violent currents. You sure it won’t just snap? Could you even drive a cable of that length?”

“It’s unlikely, but I’ve got some ideas planned out. Inductance and current leakage are going to be problems, so we’ll probably wrap the cable in several layers of insulating rubber, and…”

What do you do about the Cherubs?

A: Have them disbanded, rehabilitated, and returned to their families as soon as possible!
B: Refuse and continue the program.
C: Say you’re going to disband them but don’t.

What do you do about Fallas?

A: Follow him back to Argentina!
B: Have his boat tracked down and stopped!
C: Stay in Antarctica, work on the submarine cable project, and handle issues there.
D: Have the parrot hammerspace you to Antarctica. This is risky and may turn a few heads on both sides of the fourth wall, but Fallas somehow arrived instantly, and this is the only way to catch him.

(ALERT: B and D have a chance of retconning the events of Fallas’s ressurection attempt)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:25:11 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Happy Birthday to You
« Reply #2397 on: February 09, 2019, 02:24:01 pm »

A, B+C

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: February 09, 2019, 02:28:08 pm »

A, B+C
+1, that the best part, Fallas failed, so not bringing him give T.Levaitan a chance to do it
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:54:39 pm by Rockeater »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: February 09, 2019, 02:52:58 pm »

+1, that the best part, Fallas failed, so not bringing him give T.Levaitan a chance to do it
That's incorrect. Without the equipment Fallas brings, T. Levin can't do a thing.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 203