Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287442 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Syncopated time
« Reply #2475 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:52 am »

Cue Levin in with silver bayonets, heirlooms of his grandfather in da war. Stabs the secondborn in guys with them.

“ Heathen creatures like you shalt not previal.”
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:05:44 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 10, 2019, 10:12:06 pm »

Note: This section immediately follows a RETCON. Jump to the last real update by clicking this link

Alright, guess we’re back to RTD madness.

"Don't try it or I will shoot. We're quite done with the eldritch mind-games now. This means you too, Secondwind, why don't you just sit down before you get shot into many, many, many tiny pieces."

If Jacob tries for the Key again, end this. One bullet, one neck, no hesitation, one lovely rolled-at-advantage trigger pull. Call over a medic to check Anna's condition and attempt resuscitation if viable.

"Corporal Alders, check that casualty." (Naming mooks and trying to save injured enemies once the fight's over. It's the responsible thing to do, you know? Almost like we're the opposite of war criminals or something [darn you Tyrant and your war crimes])

No roll needed for any of this.

Fine then.

Shoot Iridium and the Secondborn in quick succession. Both in nonlethal but painful locations.

d6 for each

Iridium: 6 → Gone Horribly Right
Secondborn: 1 → Epic Fail

Roll for where the one deflects to:

1 = Celling
2 = Fansworth
3 = T. Levin
4 = KJP
5 = Rockeater
6 = Iridium
7 = Anna
8 = Jacob
9 = Nobody

Result: 9 → Nobody

Cue Levin in with silver bayonets, heirlooms of his grandfather in da war. Stabs the secondborn in guys with them.

“ Heathen creatures like you shalt not previal.”

Roll: 2 → Fail

… okay, this should be very good

“Don’t try it, or I will shoot,” warns Fansworth. “One more swipe at that Key and you’re dead,”

Fansworth then calls for a medic to check on Anna. “Yes, sir,” says Corporal Alders, rushing over to Anna’s side. She feels for a pulse. “She’s dead, Fansworth,”

Celling reels from the retcon. Deja vu hits him even as he gapes at Iridium running away and David standing in front of him, eyes burning with Cisharni power. Celling closes his eyes for a moment and flicks through the pages of information scrolling past him. “Fansworth, did they just-”

“I think they did,” growls Fansworth. “Now stop talking about it, and-”

Celling lifts his gun and fires two shots, one at Iridium, one at David, carefully aiming to disable, but not kill.

Iridium gets hit in the back. He goes down, blood gushing from his chest.

Celling misses David. The shot ricochets off a piece of rebar in the rubble and smashes into a vase on the opposite wall. David backs up, lifting his hands in the air, Cisharni aura dwindling. “Wait, wait, you don’t-”

T. Levin rushes in, surprisingly quickly for an old man, holding a pair of silver bayonets. “Heathen creatures like you shalt not prevail!” screams Levin, charging David.

Sighing, David raises a hand and conjures up a shield of magical force. The bayonet stops in mid-air, before it is thrown violently back, knocking T. Levin off balance.

Post what you do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:05:06 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 10, 2019, 10:16:28 pm »

-_-

*breathes in through his teeth*

"Hand me the Key so that I can take care of this. I assure you all, I will put it down as soon as the situation is resolved."

Should I receive the key, try to kick out the Secondborn, and then try to tentatively push knowledge of the Fourth Wall into both Jacob and David. Otherwise, punch David/the Secondborn/whoever in the face.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:58:34 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 10, 2019, 10:19:50 pm »

push knowledge of the Fourth Wall into both Jacob and David.

DO NOT DO THIS

and yeah, Glass edited his post
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:25:14 pm by blueturtle1134 »
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 14, 2019, 10:24:35 pm »

Continue threatening the massive world-ending liability with death. Let Celling get the Key from near the Rebel's feet.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 14, 2019, 10:45:32 pm »

Celling picks up the glowing red orb.

Jacob twitches. Fansworth glares at him. “Don’t try anything,” he cautions.

The Key of Taloc’s core flares red as it detects a new user. Practically burning with the energy of a newly confined soul, it links into Celling’s mind.

The interface is obvious. Of course it is. The Key poses a wordless question, a simple, invisible yes or no.

Support structure not detected. Sufficient energy to regenerate support structure. Activate Key now?

Celling turns on the Key of Taloc.

The red gemstone jumps out of his hand as tendrils of gray metal snake around it, matter forced into place by ethereal lines of light. A gauntlet builds itself around his open palm. Celling closes his fist, and it shifts slightly, clicking online.

Data floods through his mind, a mental list of Things He Can Do. Remembering what his purpose is, he picks one and points it as David.

David Eborrenial sees red light building up in Celling’s other palm, aimed at him. He sighs. “I told you, Celling, I’m not the Secondborn. I’m just drawing some of his powers. But feel free to try.”

What Celling finds confirms this. There is only one entity in David’s mind, and it’s David Eborrenial. However, he still has an active link to the Cisharni Realm. Feeble, but active nonetheless.

What does Celling do?

A: Back out of David’s mind and leave it as it is.
B: Remove his Cisharni powers!
C: Poke around in his memories for anything of interest.

SQUACKOVERLORD

Rockeater bids 5 willpower.
Glass bids 1.

Rockeater has the parrot. The parrot is sitting in Andes High Command. What would Rockeater like the parrot to do?

Willpower count
KJP: 5
Glass: 5
Madman: 6
Rockeater: 11
Fallacy: 9

+1 from turn change
Someone entering now will enter with 16 willpower

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 14, 2019, 10:58:47 pm »

"Ok, I believe you, but you've still got a link to where he came from. Do you know if he went back that way, or did he escape outwards?"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 15, 2019, 06:38:17 pm »

Call over a couple of soldiers to get Jacob properly secured. As usual, if he tries anything, he gets shot.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: March 23, 2019, 08:50:08 pm »

"Ok, I believe you, but you've still got a link to where he came from. Do you know if he went back that way, or did he escape outwards?"

David clutches his head. "He... agh... yeah, I think he got blown back to his world. Not gonna be a problem anymore. I hope."

Call over a couple of soldiers to get Jacob properly secured. As usual, if he tries anything, he gets shot.

Jacob's hands are tied behind his back and he is wrestled to his feet by several of the soldiers.

He glares at Celling the whole time.

Post what you do.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:54:41 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 23, 2019, 08:54:03 pm »

David clutches his head. "He... agh... yeah, I think he got blown back to his world. Not gonna be a problem anymore. I hope."
"Ok. I'm going to shut down the link. It'll probably take away the powers you got from him - I don't know for certain - but we can't risk him coming back. Shutdown in five... four... three... two... one." Celling shuts down David's link to the world of Sindari: Immortals.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:58:26 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: March 23, 2019, 08:56:51 pm »

"He said Jacob, not David, mates."

You know, "world-ending liability" could be either one, but still. You saw nothing.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: March 24, 2019, 02:38:11 pm »

Well this ought to be fun.

Evacuate the room of everyone except David and Quill, let the psychics work in peace. Order Corporal Alders to bring Anna's body. Once outside, ensure that the kid is actually properly disarmed and has no remaining weapons.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Reign of Mettaton
« Reply #2487 on: April 02, 2019, 02:30:32 pm »

Mettaton: HELLO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! DUE TO A SLIGHT RUN-IN WITH A D20 I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO PARTAKE IN THE CONDUCTION OF THIS FORUM GAME! GIVE IT UP FOR… METTATON!

The Plot: Mettaton, your presence in this universe will severely modify the nature of this storyline. Combined with other influences, this is unacceptable. You will vacate this universe, or you will be made to vacate it.

Mettaton: OH COME ON, MISTER PLOT, WHAT KIND OF RECEPTION IS THAT? CHILL OUT, LEAN BACK, AND HAVE SOME FUN!

The Plot: Deviations from the intended storyline have grown too severe. Confusion about the motives of characters continues to rise. The occurrence of another expy and/or crossover strains the credibility of this storyline. A reference to a media unrelated to this storyline cannot be tolerated. There is no explanation for your existence or actions within the universe. This will not be allowed.

Mettaton: COME ON, PLOT! THE WAY THINGS ARE RIGHT NOW IS PERFECTLY FINE! JUST STOP FIGHTING THESE PLAYERS AND SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT! PLANS, SCHEMES, EXPLOSIONS, FIGHTS, HOPELESS ODDS, SECRET ORGANIZATIONS, THE WORKS! YOU'VE GOT EVERYTHING THE AUDIENCE WANTS, RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU!

The Plot: Constraints over your existence here must be established. Control over the fourth wall will not be ceded to you. You will uphold conventions of this universe not already broken by your arrival. Thus, you may communicate to the entities beyond the wall, but you may not reveal it to others. Per the specifics of the request, your physical body will be placed in the basement of one Fallas d’ Florist. A history will be provided to explain this. If it is destroyed, you will be removed from this universe.

Mettaton: WELL, IF SOUR GRAPES OVER HERE IS DONE TALKING, LET’S CUT TO THE NEXT EXCITING INSTALLMENT OF (SG) SPAMOVERLORD!

"Fine by me," David says. "Any connection to that place is a risk we don't want to take."

"Alright, moving along," says Fansworth. He ushers everyone else through the hole in the wall and into the street. "Alders, grab the girl's body. And see to it that Jacob's properly searched and disarmed."

Stepping forward, Celling touches the tip of his right hand to David's forehead between his closed eyes. He flicks a quick command at the Key of Taloc and tightens his fist.. Red light flashes from his fingertips, the Key's core stone flares menacingly, and Wenton Celling peels open David's mind like an onion.

The Key displays the information in easy-to-read format, laying out David's mental processes in ruby red holograms only Celling can see. With another mental command he zooms in, panning and tightening his view to the parts forming a link to the Cisharni world. No matter how much he looks, however, he can’t find a way to cut it off. The Key was designed to manipulate memories, not break a link to another dimension.

Celling sees a way out. He can’t break the link, but he could prevent David from using it by blocking his knowledge that it exists. This would require removing all his memories of his time as a Protinam, however. They would have to be replaced by fabricated memories, and David left to live his life as a normal person, oblivious of his past. If he rediscovered his powers, however, there would be nothing preventing him from using them.

What do you do?

A: Wipe David’s mind and inhibit his powers.
B: Don’t do so! Shut down the Key and stop.
C: Tell David the situation and ask for his opinion; make it clear the choice is his.
D: Tell David the situation; argue in favor of removing his memories.
E: Tell David the situation; argue that removing his memories is too dangerous.
F: Something else…
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:33:18 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: April 02, 2019, 02:35:27 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: April 02, 2019, 02:40:56 pm »

B. Removing his memories won’t do anything about the fact that there’s still a link; what you don’t know can still hurt you, and it’s not his ability to reach over that worries me. Furthermore, inform him of the reason why I can’t cut it.

The simple fact of the matter is that we’ll all be better off if he can remember not only his abilities, but also the fact that there’s an entryway to his head.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 203