Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 286874 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: And now we win
« Reply #2505 on: April 08, 2019, 11:50:54 pm »

Why we need the fistfight?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 08, 2019, 11:55:25 pm »

To give a reason to tie up/restrain the guys, so we're not just suddenly doing it to our disguised Jacob.
Basically, to draw attention away from what the actual situation is.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 09, 2019, 12:17:43 am »

To give a reason to tie up/restrain the guys, so we're not just suddenly doing it to our disguised Jacob.
Why would we want to restrain Jacob if he's cooperative enough to go with our plans?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 09, 2019, 12:24:53 am »

Why would we want to restrain Jacob if he's cooperative enough to go with our plans?
We never said that he was going to be cooperative enough to go along with it. Just because we say they swap clothes doesn't mean Jacob was happy to do so.
And besides, he could pretend to be cooperative at the start and then make a run for it. Or we could be attacked and he could decide "it's worth trying to run now". Or any other myriad of situations.
Blue has said that if the Plot is going to pull any last deus ex machina bullshit to get back on some sort of track, it'll do so now.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 10, 2019, 11:52:04 pm »

: AND SO A CUNNING PLAN BEGINS TO UNFOLD! WILL THE ASTUTE AND SCHEMING DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC PREVAIL, OR WILL THE TRAPPED BUT UNBROKEN JACOB ELDIN SUCCEED AND PULL OFF A LAST MINUTE ESCAPE? WELL AS IT MANY TIMES IS, THE ANSWER IS IN THE DETAILS! WE ALREADY KNOW THE FOLLOWING ABOUT YOUR PLAN:

- Move in groups of two, check in every sixty seconds
- Have Jacob swap clothes with someone around the same height, build, and hair color as him
- Start a fight among the soldiers to have a reason to tie the real Jacob up
- Fake Jacob, David, and Celling go to the trains
- Real Jacob and Fansworth go to the dock

: ALL THESE WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT! NOW ANSWER THESE FOR ME, PLEASE:

How much are you going to reveal to Jacob up front?

A: Are you kidding me? He doesn’t need to know. Say absolutely nothing! He can figure out the plan as he goes.
B: I’m sure he’ll find out, but if he asks, don’t just stare blankly at him. Tell him what’s going on if he really wants to know. But don’t give him any warning, so he can’t try anything.
C: No wait, it might be better to give him a heads-up that we’re going to start a fake fight and tie him up. Warn him about the broad strokes of the plan first.

And how much are you going to let the other people know?

A: All our people are gonna have to be in on it, otherwise it’s not going to work. Brief everyone on the plan up front. It might get a bit difficult to tell them without Jacob overhearing, though.
B: Enforced method acting is best method acting! Their reactions are going to be more genuine if they seriously think that the fake Jacob is real. Only tell those that need to know.

How much do we tell David?

A: Tell him. We don’t want him doing something stupid.
B: Don’t tell him. It’ll probably be better if he’s also acting like the fake Jacob is real.

There’s some disagreement on what happens to Anna’s body

A: Bring it with Celling (Madman’s idea)
B: Bring it with Fansworth
C: Send it with a third group to another location (Glass’s idea)

And that parrot probably landed somewhere near here…

A: Don’t bother looking for it. We need all our eyes on Jacob and the transport effort.
B: Tell guards to be on the lookout and search if they hear anything. We have a small chance of finding it. However, your combat rolls will only take a hit if you actually find it.
C: Comb the area. That’s a drop to your combat rolls, but you’re very likely to find that damn bird and get its report.

Any other Plan adjustments?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 11, 2019, 02:02:55 am »

A part of the reason we need to work so hard is to make it harder for him to do something, we tell him we switch to avoid suspicion for political conspiracy or something and then someone punch him in the face.
B
B we don't need him going through a redemption arc
A as real as possible, means all eggs in one basket for us.
A screw the parrot

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 11, 2019, 09:05:29 am »

A part of the reason we need to work so hard is to make it harder for him to do something, we tell him we switch to avoid suspicion for political conspiracy or something and then someone punch him in the face.
B
A screw the parrot
-1 (negative vote) to this because A. I don’t think it’s a good plan to keep virtually everyone in the dark and B. I really don’t want Blue just taking this before any discussion happens.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 11, 2019, 09:19:03 am »

B
A screw the parrot
-1 (negative vote) to this because A. I don’t think it’s a good plan to keep virtually everyone in the dark and B. I really don’t want Blue just taking this before any discussion happens.
Fair on the second one, maybe we can tell commanders and such, but important characters to the plot are the weakest to it's effect (most valid tropes) and therefore need to remain in the dark, and the more that know is the more info can slip from.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 11, 2019, 10:07:36 am »

Here's my thinking:
Jacob stays in the dark until we get him back into the building---Fansworth will take him and a squad inside. Celling briefs everyone outside that there will be a swap and the fight and they are to treat the fake Jacob like the real one. David is included in this briefing.

Jacob, already inside waits until the other soldiers run back inside and join him and one of them swaps clothing with him. We warn him not to try and escape because we'll be watching, then proceed with the plan.

We don't need to get to the parrot all that urgently, it can indeed still hammerspace at will and with the Mittani dead there are fewer and fewer bull crap fourth-wall-aware homicidally insane morons running around to interfere with strange birds.

I think I've missed something, and THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A VOTE YET. Somebody tell me what I've missed, honestly there is too much going on in a rather boring section of this game to invest more effort.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 11, 2019, 11:05:55 am »

: NOW NOW, MR. GLASS, I’D NEVER DO THAT! THAT WOULD BE AGAINST THE RULES! A SINGLE VOTE WILL ONLY BE TAKEN IF NO OTHER OPINIONS ARE FORTHCOMING FOR A DAY OR MORE AND NOBODY ELSE EXPRESSES DISAGREEMENT! YOUR DISSENT IS RECORDED, NOW COME UP WITH A BETTER PLAN!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 11, 2019, 11:06:54 am »

@Madman You missed the question about Anna. And I feel like we can probably send a fourth-wall message to the parrot to just return to base or something, or maybe be waiting at the trains or dock.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 11, 2019, 12:26:59 pm »

@Madman You missed the question about Anna. And I feel like we can probably send a fourth-wall message to the parrot to just return to base or something, or maybe be waiting at the trains or dock.

Right. Why is there a question about Anna, exactly? Her corpse is being moved with us, same as (presumably) any friendly casualties.

Yeah, we can write the parrot's new orders into a plan for this turn.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 11, 2019, 12:31:56 pm »

Right. Why is there a question about Anna, exactly? Her corpse is being moved with us, same as (presumably) any friendly casualties.

Because it's unclear who she's being carried with.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 11, 2019, 12:40:26 pm »

"Anna's body is carried with Celling's group."

Not really, no.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 11, 2019, 12:42:08 pm »

"Anna's body is carried with Celling's group."

Not really, no.

Quote from: The question
There’s some disagreement on what happens to Anna’s body

A: Bring it with Celling (Madman’s idea)
B: Bring it with Fansworth
C: Send it with a third group to another location a medical center (Glass’s idea)
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 203