Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287346 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: And now we win
« Reply #2565 on: May 29, 2019, 05:52:54 pm »

: ALRIGHT! IT SEEMS MR. PLOT IS OKAY WITH EITHER OUTCOME, SO NOW THE DECISION IS DEFERRED TO ITS GOOD FRIEND MR. DICE! MR. DICE, WHAT DO YOU SAY?

Roll d6: 6

: WELL, IT WOULD SEEM THAT THIS CLINCHES THE MATTER, EH? AND OH, ONE LITTLE THING - THAT WAS IRIDIUM’S ROLL!

Somehow dodging all the bullets, Iridium darts… into a train.

Celling, David, and all the men watch in disbelief as Baron Goldsmith’s murderer rolls away down the tracks.

“That was our train!” shouts David.

Celling checks on the Baron. Nothing can be done. He’s dead.

What do you do? (Iridium may PM his action to me)
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: The Iribellion
« Reply #2566 on: May 29, 2019, 06:38:42 pm »

Get on the damn train, and send radio notice to Fansworth's team, as well as to other nearby military and law enforcement units.

We know where the train is going, right? Iri can be apprehended there.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: And now we win
« Reply #2567 on: May 29, 2019, 07:33:11 pm »

AND OH, ONE LITTLE THING - THAT WAS IRIDIUM’S ROLL!
I'd also like to note that Iridium did not take an action, and if anything we should have been the ones rolling.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 29, 2019, 09:55:28 pm »

Since when is booking it into the train station not an action?
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:23 pm »

Nevermind, had missed that action in the middle of you trying and failing to be any sort of menacing on the previous page.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 22, 2019, 10:42:12 am »

“Alright!” barks Celling. “First off-”

“Whee!” says The Amazing Parrot, as it swoops down from a gap in the rafters and lands on Celling’s shoulder. He winces as its talons dig in.

“As I was saying,” says Celling. “First off-”

Fansworth arrives at the docks, a group of handcuffed soldiers in tow. One of them is Jacob Eldin in disguise.

At this point, a glaring problem with the plan becomes apparent. Due to the evacuation order, everyone’s left the docks. Whichever ship you take will have to be run by just the couple dozen soldiers in your group.

There are three ships to choose from.

What do you do?

A: Take the small patrol boat. You can fully man it with the people you have and also keep a close watch on Jacob. However, it has limited weapons and fuel, meaning that you’ll have to stop at another port to transfer him into a larger ship if you want to go to Antarctica or Santiago.
B: Take the mid-sized cargo ship. You can fully man it, but keeping a watch on Jacob will be hard unless you chain him up in the bridge. It has the fuel to make it straight to Antarctica or Santiago, but no weapons.
C: Take the battleship. This obviously gives you more range and weaponry, but it’s really not meant to be run by a small crew. You may have issues on the water, and there’s plenty of room for Jacob to hide in if he escapes.
D: Rethink this entire thing.
E: Just shoot Jacob.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Faldidit
« Reply #2571 on: June 22, 2019, 11:26:34 am »

B. We have our own soldiers’ guns, we can keep Jacob with us where we are, and we have radio to let people know the vessel has been temporarily commandeered by the military. If the owner shows up, we’ll pay them.

And I’m pretty sure that most of these ships don’t really need that many people actively doing stuff to keep them running.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 22, 2019, 12:49:40 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 22, 2019, 01:23:50 pm »

No, if we had a half squad of soldiers we would absolutely be able to sail the cargo ship while keeping an adequate watch on Jacob. Seriously, cargo vessels don't need hardly any crew. Especially if you don't mind not filling various "safety" positions and whatnot.

Battleship, probably, though we wouldn't actually be able to operate the weapons. Let's take the patrol boat and summon ourselves some navy reinforcements or something using a radio. If the patrol boat doesn't have one, then we send a quick radio message via the battleship.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: June 27, 2019, 10:41:47 pm »

Get on the damn train, and send radio notice to Fansworth's team, as well as to other nearby military and law enforcement units.

We know where the train is going, right? Iri can be apprehended there.

: AND WE HAVE A WINNER! GLASS DECIDES THE REACTION TO IRIDIUM'S INEXPLICABLE BETRAYAL BY VIRTUE OF BEING THE ONLY ONE TO SUGGEST SOMETHING! WILL THIS RUTHLESS CRUSADER ESCAPE THE CLUTCHES OF THE REPUBLIC, OR WILL THE LONG ARM OF THE LAW PROVE TOO LONG TO OUTRUN?

Fansworth raises the radio to his mouth. "Attention all military and law enforcement units! Train B-67 has been captured by an assassin and is heading down the Trans-Andes Line! Intercept as soon as possible." He adjusts the settings slightly. "Operator, patch me through to High Command."

The train, by the way, has started moving, so there will be some debate about how to get on it.

How do you board the train?

A: Let the Parrot hammerspace you on!
B: Have David teleport you on!
C: Leap on and hope you don't break anything!
D: All the above at once.
E: Rethink this decision.
F: Come up with a better way to board the speeding train and bemoan the GM's lack of creativity.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 27, 2019, 11:19:34 pm »

Trains take a while to get up to speed, you know. And for that matter, who's actually running the things? After all, if all the dock people have evacuated, presumably so have the people running the trains.

Anyway, just get on, capture Iridium, and then once he's thoroughly apprehended, we can get to the front and man the controls, assuming that's necessary.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 27, 2019, 11:22:52 pm »

Also our tech level is Wild West in some respects IIRC, certainly so if we have *trains*...thus he's got to be actually knowledgeable in operating trains *and* he's got to be shoveling coal with his badly wounded leg while also figuring out how to accelerate. I sense plot holes, many plot holes.

So yeah, he's not going to be shoveling fast, these things don't accelerate fast anyway....we've got time.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: July 01, 2019, 10:32:53 pm »

Celling gestures at the train, which is slowly rolling along. “Just hop right on.”

David, the fake Jacob, and the Baron’s guardsmen hop on behind him. David eyes the parrot. “Someday, you’re going to have to tell me exactly how that thing got here.”

They open the door and step into the car to find Iridium slumped over at the other end, bleeding out of the wound to his leg.

What do you do?

A: Shoot him!
B: Handcuff and arrest him!
C: Something else.

How much do you tell David about the parrot?

A: “You keep your secrets, David, and I’ll keep mine.”
B: “Erin Quill created a sentient parrot that can teleport. The exact mechanism is unknown.”
C: “How did it get here? It’s a parrot. It flew, obviously.”
D: “It accesses an alternate dimension we have termed Hammerspace. It can enter around thin objects and leaves through enclosed spaces.”
E: “Sit down, David. I have something important to tell you about a Plot…” !!ALERT!! Informing another person about the Fourth Wall is PROHIBITED! DO NOT DO THIS!

Also, I have noted that the speed of updates of this game have slowed down a bit. To counteract that, I’m making a plan that I probably will regret: over the month of July, I’m going to write 31 updates in 31 days.

This Is Gonna Suck.

Additionally, I'm making Iridium the "dies for comic relief" character, so he gets infinite expies. You don't need to ask, just post "Iridium, a <whatever you are>, does this". I'll shut down anything too ridiculous.

You cannot expy twice into the same scene, and no positions of power.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:36:02 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: July 01, 2019, 10:39:13 pm »

How about we tell David the following:
"Well, consider when the parrot shows up. It's all in the timing, you see."

And then we shoot the traitor quite un-climactically.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: July 01, 2019, 10:48:10 pm »

How about we tell David the following:
"Well, consider when the parrot shows up. It's all in the timing, you see."

And then we shoot the traitor quite un-climactically.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 203