Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 286866 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter IV: Just One Day: The Birds and the Bees
« Reply #2805 on: August 20, 2019, 03:09:30 pm »

Sabotage boat 2, completing our set here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: August 20, 2019, 03:10:57 pm »

Open the door with my beak because that's totally a thing turkeys can do. Right?
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: August 20, 2019, 05:15:05 pm »

I think I missed this, but when did our parrot turn into a turkey?

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: August 20, 2019, 05:15:53 pm »

It's complicated. Suffice it to say that Fallacy was involved.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: August 20, 2019, 05:30:52 pm »

It's complicated. Suffice it to say that Fallacy was involved.
I am one of those that less negative about fallacy's stuff, but ffs blue at least keep those things away from the main events.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:51 pm »

The parrot is not a turkey.

The turkey is Iridium.

The parrot is still a parrot. It has been doing the things I've been suggesting.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: August 20, 2019, 06:18:31 pm »

The parrot is not a turkey.

The turkey is Iridium.

The parrot is still a parrot. It has been doing the things I've been suggesting.

Actually, the parrot's doing whatever anyone suggests. It's just that this has been mostly Glass.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: August 28, 2019, 08:59:46 pm »

Sabotage boat 2, completing our set here.

[4] - Success

The parrot opens a hole in boat 2 as well

Open the door with my beak because that's totally a thing turkeys can do. Right?

[6 2] (worst of two, turkeys can't lockpick) - Failure

The turkey finds out that this is not in fact something turkeys can do.

Roll Jacob noticing: 1
Roll Goons noticing: 6

"Hey wait," says the quiet Goon. "There's a hole in this boat."

"Drat," says the serious Goon. "Fan out, check the other boats, carefully."

They fan out and soon discover all the same information as here:

Boat 1: Bad condition
Boat 2: Has a hole
Boat 3: Has a hole
Boat 4: Has a hole (Goons were in this one)
Boat 5: Bad condition
Boat 6: Has a hole

"Boats five and one might still work, but I wouldn't bet on it," says the grabby Goon.

"Off to the next cluster, then" goes the quiet Goon.

"Wait!" says the brainy Goon. "This looks like sabotage!"

"Then whoever made it was going down with the ship," notes the serious Goon. "Unless it was found in time, of course."

All eyes swivel to the quiet Goon. He glances around and shrugs. "Yeah, sure. The saboteur made a hole and then immediately pointed it out."

The brainy Goon seems convinced by this. "Are you sure you killed them all?" he says to the serious Goon.

"Yes. Every last one of them are bleeding out on the bridge," the serious Goon replies.

"And there was nobody guarding anywhere else that could have done this?" the grabby Goon asks.

The serious Goon sighs. "There was nobody else on the ship."

"You don't know that," the brainy Goon says.

"Whatever. We have to move fast. That saboteur is still active," the serious Goon concludes.

I'm too lazy to count turns or make a new map, so just know that Fansworth is to the bottom-left, the Goons are to the top-left, and the Goons have lost one turn because of bickering (that's their 6 penalty). The top-left and bottom-right boats are sabotaged. Choose where to go and why; do you try to escape, or sabotage this cluster and move?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: August 28, 2019, 09:07:05 pm »

Ok, things to record:

-Fansworth already sabotaged the bottom-right, and is currently going to bottom-left to sabotage them as well.
-We just sabotaged the top-left.

Therefore, the only remaining set not accounted for is the top-right one. Time to sabotage.

By the way, are the boats attached to the main vessel by rope and are hanging off, or some other setup?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: August 28, 2019, 09:11:33 pm »

Additional information.

The way I see it, you have three main options:

A: Sabotage the cluster you're at and head for the only remaining cluster ASAP to try and stop the Goons. The Goons have lost 1 turn, but they are 4 steps away from that cluster and you are 12 steps away, so you'll have to use the Parrot to halt their progress for eight turns to get there. (A d6 will be added on to both times, which might help you, or may not). Note that a running walk while shooting the parrot does not count as halting progress.
- Within A, you can also choose A1 for going via the Bridge (no chance of encountering Goons) or A2 for going via the top-left (might encounter Goons along the way)
B: As with A, but you don't sabotage the down-left cluster, leaving it as a possibility in case things go south. You can pick B1 and B2 as well
C: Just get a lifeboat and row for the Falklands.

I think Glass picked A but I want more votes, verification, and whether it's A1 or A2

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: August 28, 2019, 09:16:06 pm »

The parrot has proved it can sabotage boats, too, Blue.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: August 28, 2019, 09:26:08 pm »

A1 Red, we need to do this fast

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 16, 2019, 11:32:56 pm »

So no more votes are forthcoming. Fine by me. Let’s cut to that Falkland Islands segment you’ve all been waiting for.

The Falkland Islands

“Binoculars,” says Celling. David hands the binoculars off to Celling and goes to sit on a nearby rock.

“That ship is getting really close,” Celling comments. “When are you going to be able to teleport to it?”

“Not sure,” David responds. He picks up a rock and chucks it half-heartedly at a group of penguins. It falls far short and they don’t even bother to scatter. “How badly do you not want to get smashed into the Atlantic?”

“Huh?” says Celling.

“I need a rough idea of where I’m going before I can go,” David answers. “By using the energy coming off the preliminary nano-singularity, I can clairvoyance the exact vectors to not fling us high in the air or splatter us against the wall, but that only starts working once I’ve got a location to within a mile or so. It’s like peeping through a peephole, except in this case the peephole is thousands of miles away and made of folded space-time continuum… and the door can be moved.”

“Then guess random locations,” Celling suggests.

“From what I can tell, that’s not how it works. Every teleport attempt I make throws a large amount of energy through the continuum to open a path from here to there. Most of that energy can be salvaged - but only by actually teleporting. Basically, I can’t back down from a teleport - well, actually I can, but only once. Then I probably can’t teleport.”

“So what was your plan here?” Celling asks, gesturing vaguely at the now-larger ship on the water.

“Wait for it to come close enough to eyeball how far it is, then go there. Right now I’m not really sure if that’s five or six miles, so-”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Celling responds. “You just need a distance?”

“I’ve gotten good at knowing what a mile feels like in time-space. Not as good at judging it on this side, though.”

“That won’t be necessary,” Celling says. “We’ve got these binoculars already - get a couple of sticks and stand them over there. We’re going to trig this.”

SFN Etna

“Mr. Nest, Mr. Quill,” Captain Corvis says. They’re all standing on the bridge of the SFN Etna, speeding through the waters of the Southern Ocean on its way to the Falkland Islands. Quill and Nest have been hastily summoned. “Our commandeered prison vessel, the John Philip Sousa, missed a radio checkup.”

Erin Quill and Enir Nest look at each other.

“We’ve been trying to raise them for the last half hour,” says the Captain. “With no luck. Static on all bands.”

“Forget radio,” says Nest. “Send someone up with a couple of flags.”

Captain Corvis nods. “Already done, but we’re still quite far to be attempting visual communication.”

“Radar?” asks Quill.

“Shows the Sousa right on track for rendezvous at the Falklands,” Corvis replies. “Quill, do you think that hijacking is a possibility?”

“No need to jump to that just yet,” says Nest, rubbing his forehead and still obviously tired. “Their radio equipment could have malfunctioned. After all, those men grabbed a ship they had never used before. Maybe they broke something.”

“That does seem more likely,” Corvis acknowledges. “Quill, you have experience fighting these people. Do you think they’ve taken over the ship?”

How do you respond?

A: “Me? I have no idea what’s happening there. Proceed as normal.”
B: “Wouldn’t be the first time those rebels have taken over a ship. Be cautious.”
C: “That ship is to be considered a hostile, starting now. Fire on it once we’re within range.”
D: “This is no equipment malfunction. Get there as quickly as possible, and keep running radar and visual scans. We need to see what’s going on.”

Note: I’m giving you this choice because choices C and D rely on fourth-wall knowledge (the fourth wall is the only way Quill would know that the ship has been taken over) and will impact what people think of Quill, as well as Visionary powers.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:28:56 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 16, 2019, 11:45:19 pm »

"...I think Celling mentioned to me at one point that Fansworth thought his troops had been compromised by Goonswarm. It may not be the rebels that took the ship. Consider the ship suspect, not hostile yet. Can we attempt to board?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 17, 2019, 01:28:44 am »

"...I think Celling mentioned to me at one point that Fansworth thought his troops had been compromised by Goonswarm. It may not be the rebels that took the ship. Consider the ship suspect, not hostile yet. Can we attempt to board?"
+1
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 203