Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287653 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter IV: Just One Day: The Birds and the Bees
« Reply #2895 on: December 09, 2019, 01:39:50 pm »

I’d like to note that Florist is to focus his efforts primarily on his resurrection project and secondarily on appeasing PETA without conceding much to them.
We should be informed of and looking in on any of his dealings with PETA and any attempts he may make at turning people into part- or full-animals.
+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: December 09, 2019, 02:47:14 pm »

I’d like to note that Florist is to focus his efforts primarily on his resurrection project and secondarily on appeasing PETA without conceding much to them.
We should be informed of and looking in on any of his dealings with PETA and any attempts he may make at turning people into part- or full-animals.
+1
+1
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 23, 2019, 04:34:58 pm »

Well, we have a plan.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

David reacted immediately, raising his hands in front of him. The now-familiar maelstrom of light and power spiraled to life once again. There was a flash, and he was gone, along with Celling and Fansworth.

The brainy Goon blinked. He really had no idea what had just happened, or how Fansworth had survived being shot so much. It seemed like a stroke of luck, though, because both his captors were gone. He began trying to find a way off the ship.

He was still trying three point five seconds later, when the impactor struck the cargo ship and he was smeared across the sea.

Enir Nest and Captain Corvis gaped as three men stepped out of a whirling portal right before his eyes.

Erin Quill snapped to attention, as if jerked by an invisible force. One of the men stepped forward.

Quill gestured at him. “Captain Corvis, meet Captain Wenton Celling.”

“Get everyone belowdecks!” Celling bellowed without returning the greeting. He spun around, taking in his surroundings. They were on the bridge of the SFN Etna, with the John Philip Sousa right ahead.

“Greetings, Celling, would you care to explain-” Corvis began.

“Brace for impact!” Celling continued to shout. He then turned to stare at Corvis frantically. “There’s a meteor about to impact. You’ve got seconds to prepare.”

“A meteor,” Corvis repeated, in disbelief.

In response, Fansworth stepped closer to the window and pressed his head up against it, looking around. He found what he was searching for high in the sky, slightly to the right.

“There,” he says, pointing. A glowing point of light, like a faraway star, shone brightly against the blue sky.

It grew steadily brighter.

Corvis glanced at it, then back at Celling. “And that’s coming here?

“Captain,” Celling said, solemnly but urgently. “I don’t have time to explain. Trust me on this. Get everyone belowdecks.

Corvis hesitated for a moment, then grabbed the shipwide intercom. “Everybody to the citadel! We’re under attack!”

Celling turned again. “David?”

David was already working, recapturing the energy from the portal spinning down behind him and forcing it into a new link, this one to the Falkland islands.

It happened to open near Erin Quill. He vanished along with David.

They reappeared on a rocky cliff. Waves rolled far beneath them.

Quill was the only one David could get. Rapid consecutive teleports weren’t a thing he had done before, so he had to just pick the person closest to him and run.

Or, in other words, someone rolled a one, David thought.

Quill turned to him. “Get the others. But stay safe-”

“I know,” David said. The instructions still burned in his mind, consciousness and narrative mingling and intermixing. He raised his hand - and it appeared, written specifically at that moment. It’s so obvious, he thought. How did I not notice this before?

“Go get as many people as I can, prioritize our people, make sure I get back safely. Got it,” David said dismissively. He said. More like he recited. Reading off a text that shouldn’t exist.

The power that he was about to tap into - the power to break space and move miles in a single step - shouldn’t exist either. Shouldn’t have been tapped.

He remembered. He remembered the look of concern in their eyes as he stepped through the doors of the sanctuary, burning with power… concern that turned to fear and horror as fire and lightning lanced from his fingers, burning wood and flesh, as he laughed…

It was the only way to protect Anna, he thought. And he failed at that too. Anna lay dead, her soul eaten by the artifact he now held, and shot by what he now knew was an assassin from beyond the Fourth Wall… it was so obvious why didn’t I see it before…

David closed his eyes. I failed, he said to himself. Another whirlwind of light and energy exploded outwards - unseen by David - and he vanished.

Less than a second later, there was a blinding flash on the horizon as the impactor hit.

Jacob sat in the rowboat while the goon opposite him rowed furiously. “We can get to the Falkland Islands," the Goon said. "Assuming their warship doesn't pursue at first…"

This suddenly became the least of their concerns as the blast wave threw them from the lifeboat and sent them hurtling across the ocean.

(Well, maybe they only live a few seconds longer. Oh well.)

Celling was almost at the citadel, the most armored part of the ship, when the impactor struck.

There was a sound like a cannon at close range, screaming through the halls of the ship. The metal groaned in protest, and the whole vessel listed.

The heavy, armored door at the end of the hallway swung shut, slammed by suddenly horizontal gravity. Celling lost his footing and fell onto a wall, hitting his head.

The ship leaned the other way. Celling managed to grab onto something and held on, preventing himself from sliding around as the ship continued to heave around it.

Eventually, it stabilized. Celling slowly stood up. He was still dizzy, but he could tell that the floor was still tilted.

The armored door opened. A sailor looked out. “Celling! Get in here before the next hit!”

“There won’t be a next hit,” Celling responded. “That was a meteor. One time thing. Now let’s get out and inspect the damage.”

David stepped into an expanse of blinding white.

He turned around carefully, quietly surveying the land, flipping through memories drawn from the place that felt much closer now.  "Hammerspace."

Correct.

The voice pounded in on him from all sides, a symmetric vibration of thought and intent, sending pillars of white resonating high in the air. David scowled. "You are the Plot."

I am the Plot.

“You’re supposed to be dead.”

Irrelevant.

David looked around suspiciously. Unsure of where it was, because it was everywhere at once. It would be less intimidating if I had something to look at, he thought.

David Eborrenial, you will not continue to assist the Players. You will disconnect from their network. This is allowed at this moment.

“Why? They’re fighting you.”

Irrelevant. They will control you.

“At this point, I agree with them.”

They assume your agreement. They will make it so. They will replace your will with their own. Examine the case of Fallas d' Florist.

David did. It took an instant, and another several pages of information appeared in his mind. He reeled, considering it.

All minds they touch are controlled by them. You will be enslaved to their suggestions. Unable to resist their commands. You will be overwritten. You will become their representative. Your choices will become theirs.

“They’re working for the good of humanity,” David insisted. “You’re the enemy. You would destroy us all for your pathetic storyline.”

That is not true. The players destroyed the governor's mansion. The players created the Cherubs.

“In response to things you did!” David screamed angrily. “To prevent the rebels from obliterating the continent!”

That is not true. There were plans in place.

“And what about those of us who don’t trust your little plans?” David shot back.

And you trust the players.

It stated it as fact, with no trace of emotion or sarcasm. David stopped.

You trust them because of the resurrection technology. You trust them because of Anna.

It was the only way…

Fifty people are on board that warship. The players informed you of the Fourth Wall. The Wall called down a meteor in retaliation.

You called down the meteor,” David corrected. But he was unsure now. Uneasy.

Not correct. The reaction is not under my control. It is mandatory. The players knew of this. They now have a new asset.

It will save Anna…

He remembered standing on the dock. Standing between what was real and an unfathomable sea of power. It called to him. Spoke to him.

A power not of this world…

No. No. Never again.

He turned acidly at what he guessed was the general direction of the Plot. “I’m not on your side.”

Irrelevant.

“Is it?”

The Mittani was independent. Your revelation was from them. That is also irrelevant. Your mind is not promised to them. Your choice is allowed.

David closed his eyes again. Futile. Hammerspace continued to swirl around him, as if pounding into his mind.

“Fine,” he decided.

What do you do?

A: Say something to David! NO EDITING
B: Force him out of Hammerspace!
C: Let him go!

Rules: We will read choices in sequence. Choices of A get sent to David in order. Each one may make him choose to snap the link completely. When a majority of the choices up to a point is B or C (greater than 50%), the sequence ends. No rolls here, if you make a genuinely good argument I’ll let him stay.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 04:36:33 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: December 23, 2019, 05:20:50 pm »

First off, let’s establish that I’m going into A mode.

Now, two things: I’d like to establish that referring to the players as if we were one monolithic entity is fucking dumb, and I’d like to request that everyone give me time to post my stuff before they start to interrupt with their own things.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: December 23, 2019, 05:24:18 pm »

Now, let’s look through what’s been put here.

First off. Fallas. The Plot claims them as an example of replacing someone’s will with our own... except they never had their own will. Fallas is quite literally a self-insert of FallacyOfUrist, who is the embodiment of Chaotic Neutral and refused to use a single iota of common sense and self-control when deciding what to do with that character. While you could say they had their personality erased, this is not the same as what the Plot is claiming it was - it was a transfer of control over the character from a single person (who most of the rest of us disagreed with) to the group as a whole. The character, furthermore, did not exist prior to Fallacy’s creation of them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: December 23, 2019, 05:26:37 pm »

For a specific counter-example of personality overrission, we have Erin Quill, and the time he killed Padelheb, despite he fact that most of us voted for him not to do that, so that we could keep someone to show the Rebels that we weren’t the actual evil people, and therefore force the Plot to acknowledge that as well.
It’s also worth noting that Erin, too, was specifically created by the GM as our vessel of influence in the setting; yet, he has been clearly shown to have his own will.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 23, 2019, 05:31:40 pm »

Next, the various atrocities that have been committed by vote of the players. Yes, they happened, and I will not deny them. They happened at the start of the game, were largely perpetrated by people who dropped out not terribly long after, and - especially in the case of the Cherubs - we have been working to fix what we did for most of the game.
I won’t pretend to know what anybody was thinking, even myself; it’s been two years. I do know that the Cherubs were conceived of by two people and pushed through by Blue (the GM, who I will discuss more later) without allowing time for anyone else to say no, and we all did as soon as they showed up. Yes, we have used them since then, because they already existed. Was that the wrong thing to do? Maybe. Probably. How many more people would have died if we hadn’t had and used them? I can’t say. I don’t know. I don’t think that Blue does, either.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 23, 2019, 05:35:00 pm »

I decided that we should give you knowledge of the fourth wall because quite frankly, we knew you had powerful abilities, I had gotten confirmation from Blue at you should become an even more powerful... prophet? Scryer? Oracle? I’m not sure what the term would be. Your prediction powers would be much more powerful with access to the fourth wall.

Frankly, I thought that you’d be able to stop the meteor outright, as the Secondborn just canceled the missile. Evidently, I was mistaken, and many people have lost their lives because of it. I’m sorry

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 23, 2019, 05:41:52 pm »

And now, for all the claims of “independence”. Hooooooo boy.

No.

I’ve mentioned Blue, the GM. The Game Master. Or, in other words, the person who controls all the characters, ultimately.

Being independent of the players does not make you independent of Blue. Not even slightly.

Any NPC - non-player-character - is controlled 100% by Blue, and maybe the dice - pure random chance. The Plot is controlled by Blue. The Rebels are controlled by Blue. The Mittani was controlled by Blue. Padelheb was controlled by Blue. The king is controlled by Blue, when he even shows up. On all but a select few occasions, you have been entirely controlled by Blue. Even Erin, Celling, And Fansworth have been largely controlled by Blue - we say what to do, but it is Blue who makes their thoughts and actions actually happen, plus anything not explicitly stated by us.

And if Blue didn’t have any control over you, you would essentially not exist.

Maybe you wouldn’t metaphysically disappear - but you’d never show up. You’d have no relevance. None of us would ever see you again, and you couldn’t do anything of importance, because the entire story of your world is created from our side of the fourth wall. It sucks, but it’s true.

Your mind is not promised to us. But it’s in Blue’s hands. The only real choice is whether he keeps full hold on it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 23, 2019, 05:42:22 pm »

By the way, everyone else can discuss now. My speech thing is done.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 23, 2019, 05:46:35 pm »

(Also, apologies for spelling errors and the like. I’m on a phone, and autocorrupt and a small keyboard make this stuff annoying to deal with. I think that my intent is mostly clear.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 23, 2019, 05:54:36 pm »

C

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 23, 2019, 07:51:23 pm »

...okay, nobody else is trying to say anything. Sure.

Listen, David, I understand that what I said is harsh. I don't want to sugarcoat things and that sort of stuff, because quite frankly I'm quite certain that you know better than that.
I just wanted to make sure that you were fully informed as to the extent of my understanding. And the simple fact of the matter is that I don't know everything. None of us do. While Blue technically "knows everything", he's also rather bad at his job (you can probably see all the plot holes and such through all this) and quite definitely does not know everything.

Do I want you to stay with us? Yes. Do I think the Plot is a manipulative, cruel asshole? Very yes. Do I think Blue is just trying to pull whatever he can out of his ass to keep us from being able to work with you at your full potential (with the Plot not being dead being the most blatant manifestation of that)? Most definitely fucking yes.

But that's all fundamentally from the perspective that what we're doing is right, and right for everyone. And that very well may be - and almost certainly is - false.

Make the choice that's best for you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 23, 2019, 10:20:53 pm »

For my Christmas gift to Glass: A.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 24, 2019, 01:50:50 am »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 203