Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287682 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 09:38:53 pm »

His name is Jebediah Kerman!

As for weaknesses: I say D. Everything else is them getting inside our areas where the guards are; that one is them getting inside where the tech is.

Wait, you play KSP as well?

In order to temper the obvious superiority of D a bit... lemme make it clear that D only takes the enemy from the outer gate of the city. You still need to get past dozens of guards at the ports or checkpoints, but after that you're free. Also, getting out of the melting pot is... non-trivial, and might result in singed hair. Also, while D gets enemies to the economic heart of the Empire, A and B yield access to the inner city, literally a hop skip and jump away from the King and Royal Family themselves.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 09:40:10 pm »

I don't care about the royal family. I want all my teleportation devices to be safe.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 09:41:31 pm »

I don't care about the royal family. I want all my teleportation devices to be safe.

...and also a hop skip and jump away from the laboratories, obviously. They might even teleport themselves out. And keep the teleporter. And you're kinda supposed to preserve the empire.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 10:03:18 pm »

Well, of course they'd teleport themselves out. There's teleporters for everyone worth assassinating. If the heroes come to the lab, I'll have them test any prototypes I need run through testing. Heroes love testing new stuff, y'know?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 10:10:22 pm »

Alright how about A then?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 06:26:48 am »

I'm tired of counting them so here, I made a spreadsheet.

We stand at ADD --> D.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 07:28:34 am »

*succumbs to peer pressure*

Okay D it is then, I think.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »

D

It is absolutely unacceptable that any fool with the patience to stare at hematite for 45 minutes gets a free pass into the center of the South's industrial complex. A series of edicts make sure that iron ore is now transferred by a series of wagons, far too small for anyone to hide in, with inspections at each intersection to boot. Some bureaucratic optimization ensures that production does not suffer much at all.

Sadly, the time to prepare appears to be over, as there are reports of dissent and even revolt in one of the Republic's colonies closer to the equator.

Your response:
A: Burn the entire town. No people, no rebels, eh?
B: Identify and arrest the perpetrators of the rebellion. Make them an example for anyone else with second thoughts about the Republic's rule.
C: Do nothing for now, but keep a close eye on the rebellion to make sure it doesn't get serious.
D: Hold the families of the leaders hostage in order to attempt to silence them.
E: Get spies into the dissenting organization and gather information from within.
F: Create a loud and widespread propaganda campaign to prevent any further traitorous thoughts.
G(lass): Send in our own people, disguised as rebellion people, to go out and say things that we might plausibly be doing, but which we actually aren't. Then, when people demand the truth, we show it to them: 9 out of the 10 things they were accusing us of were wrong, go home, you were rebelling over nothing.
H: Feel free to suggest any other course of action I haven't thought of.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:43:35 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 08:10:27 pm »

G: Send in our own people, disguised as rebellion people, to go out and say things that we might plausibly be doing, but which we actually aren't. Then, when people demand the truth, we show it to them: 9 out of the 10 things they were accusing us of were wrong, go home, you were rebelling over nothing.
We don't show them that last tenth.

Also, may I simply say that A never works?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2017, 10:33:24 pm »

A little bit of E, and a little bit of F seems like a good approach to me. Afterall if we can make our other peasa "citizens" belive that these are just misguided fools then that should leave them with little support .

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2017, 10:59:31 pm »

E

Who knows how far this conspiracy to destroy us goes!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2017, 12:08:43 am »

E
This is the first of many outbreaks. Let's stop them from within.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2017, 12:09:58 am »

E. Learn the rebels way of life. Better to crush them afterwards.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2017, 04:28:28 am »

G: Send in our own people, disguised as rebellion people, to go out and say things that we might plausibly be doing, but which we actually aren't. Then, when people demand the truth, we show it to them: 9 out of the 10 things they were accusing us of were wrong, go home, you were rebelling over nothing.
We don't show them that last tenth.

That's literally brilliant. If they take the bait and have no better sources. Disinformation is fun.

Your sentiments have been recorded in the original options.

Also, may I simply say that A never works?

Thing is, it might. I'll roll a d5 to decide the rebellion's course of action:

40% total attack
40% silent infiltration
20% disband and de-escalate

Then it's rock-paper-scissors - you win if you attack an infiltrator, infiltrate a de-escalator, or make peace with an aggressor. Plus attack-attack and infiltrate-infiltrate go to symmetric warfare, and both de-escalate means world peace, no casualties. Peace-peace will end this segment of the game in your favor instantly; in all other cases both sides drag on.

I'll let that sink in before locking votes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:30:19 am by blueturtle1134 »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2017, 05:04:33 am »

I'm confident that nobody else is going to vote. We have E.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

Your spies send information to the colonial governor about a planned attack on the governor's mansion.

Said attack promptly arrives on the governor's doorstep, and captures the governor.

Around half the town is rebel-held, in various degrees of security. The other half is still loyalist. Your guards outnumber the rebels 2:1 and have much better weapons (up to gatling guns) but the rebels have barricaded themselves inside the Governor's mansion and various other civil buildings.

Now what?

Paxiecrunchle's Suggestion: Send in negotiators with suicide vests, prepare to starve them out if required.

(I'm taking the first suggestion to get 2 +1's - tend to +1 others instead of proposing your own.)

Well, of course they'd teleport themselves out. There's teleporters for everyone worth assassinating. If the heroes come to the lab, I'll have them test any prototypes I need run through testing. Heroes love testing new stuff, y'know?

Right, since you want a teleporter so badly:

We have a wormhole. 3 years ago, Erin Quill built a machine that uses a vast amount of energy to extract and expand a wormhole from the quantum foam. One end was placed in the capital's deepest room, while the other was hidden in a military base in one of the colonial towns.

The catch? The wormhole throat is 3 inches wide and 120 meters long. This basically means that nothing useful can go through. It appears as a glass sphere the size of a football, hovering over a pedestal covered in metal and wires. Quill has demonstrated that it is impossible to expand it further. Right now, it's being fed a steady stream of ticker tape to keep the government informed of developments in the colonies.

As an aside, Quill is the empire's only theoretical physicist, the only person that understands the wormhole stabilizing mechanism and the only person that can fix it if something goes wrong. Since with gravitational forces of this magnitude "something goes wrong" amounts to "decrement existing continent count by one", he has excellent job security.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:44:03 pm by blueturtle1134 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 203