Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287969 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »

The fourth wall fell on my head.

I had to expend an extra live to answer this.

So, yes Berate him.

And after we deal with a bunch of silly rebels in the cave we are going to the Cape Horn
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2017, 08:23:11 pm »

The fourth wall fell on my head.

I had to expend an extra live to answer this.

So, yes Berate him.

And after we deal with a bunch of silly rebels in the cave we are going to the Cape Horn

That's what they all say, and then the plot armor comes out.

COMMANDING OFFICER: Lt. Celling, we aren't going to take any action against you this time, but this kind of behavior is unacceptable. These rebels are no joke, make sure this doesn't happen again. We're going to issue a public statement denouncing you for not killing the traitors when you had the chance.

CELLING: If I had shot, those people would all be dead!

COMMANDING OFFICER: If you had shot, Jacob Eldin wouldn't be on the loose again!

CELLING: Are you kidding me? Do you know how thick the plot armor is around that guy? If I had given the order to shoot, my soldiers wouldn't have fired, or he would have outmaneuvered us, or swam to our ship, or something... anything to stop the heroes from dying! What I did would have meant nothing! I'd just be some common mook shooting at the hero.

COMMANDING OFFICER: Be careful, Wenton. The court martial didn't consider reduction in rank or dishonorable discharge this time, but you are heading down a dangerous path.

CELLING: ...alright. I just hope that +0 military was worth it. Sir.

Yes, you just wasted a Political point.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:40:45 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2017, 08:32:49 pm »

That was not what I meant by berate. -_-
More a "make sure this doesn't happen again" type thing. He did his best. Something just to make it clear, "people, be prepared for this stuff, these rebels are no joke".

EDIT: Also, what did you roll for this?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:38:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2017, 08:40:23 pm »

That was not what I meant by berate. -_-
More a "make sure this doesn't happen again" type thing. He did his best. Something just to make it clear, "people, be prepared for this stuff, these rebels are no joke".

EDIT: Also, what did you roll for this?

I told RANDOM.org to pick an integer from 0 to 3.

Also, a scathing public denouncement is the military's way of saying "make sure this doesn't happen again". Though I probably should add in those exact words to be clearer.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2017, 08:41:07 pm »

Also, a scathing public denouncement is the military's way of saying "make sure this doesn't happen again". Though I probably should add in those exact words to be clearer.
That doesn't mean it's our way of doing so. And it was us doing it. Or at least, people did it under our direct command.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:53 pm »

That doesn't mean it's our way of doing so. And it was us doing it. Or at least, people did it under our direct command.

The public denouncement was required in order to spread the word to the entire military, giving you a chance at a general competence bonus. The message did not stick.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2017, 08:50:40 pm »

The public denouncement was required in order to spread the word to the entire military, giving you a chance at a general competence bonus. The message did not stick.
The message is "these bastards have plot armor".

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »

The message is "these bastards have plot armor".

That would constitute a fourth wall breach. The Political and Military things represent very specific properties, and the easiest way to link these two properties in-fluff is a public denouncement.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2017, 09:10:56 pm »

And I should field Paxie's request.

F; Ask what the traitor looked like, did she ever talk about her beliefs before the incident.

CELLING: Blondish hair. Somewhat short. Thin. Face full of freckles. And as I've said, her aim leaves a lot to be desired. She was going to be on my squad but I figured that simple geometry means the closer she is to the target, the better.

And now that I think about it, she did get really quiet and sullen after discovering something about the Cherub project a few weeks ago... of which her brother was a test subject. I should have known!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2017, 09:24:21 pm »

Our stats are:

Military: +1
Scientific: +2
Informational: 0
Political: +1

Intermission: The British are Coming!

This was bound to happen.

Yes, we just ran into Magellan on his historic 1520 circumnavigation of the Earth, including a visit to the bottom of South America. First contact with the Europeans and Northern world just happened, and both sides marvel at the literal other side of the world that has just been revealed to them. He tells of their history a little bit - they call this year 1520, and European history is exactly as it is in the real world up to this point.

The greeting committee strategically does not reveal the existence of Andantesite, Erin's Oracle, or the rebels. A quick study of their ship concludes without a doubt that the North is pre-electric as well.

About Andantesite...
A: Describe its peculiar properties and strategic value
B: Ask if they have a mineral by the description without mentioning why
C: Do not mention it

About wormholes
A: Give them a quick demonstration and ask for their help in moving one end to Europe to facilitate easier communication
B: Reveal the existence of such technology so they can construct their own
C: Our most powerful strategic asset cannot be revealed so easily! Hold our silence

About rebels...
A: Make a passing mention about them.
B: Do not mention any dissent within the Empire.

About electricity...
A: Tell them! All must benefit from this modern marvel!
B: Mention it enough to captivate their interest and show our strength, but stay enigmatic.
C: Do not - they can find it themselves if they want it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:31:57 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2017, 09:25:42 pm »

Plot armor? Fourth wall breaking? The fact we are disadvantaged due to tv tropes?

Hell I know we play to lose, that's the fun of dwarf fortress. But hmmm.

: Thinking of what to vote on next time.:

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2017, 09:30:52 pm »

CAAB
Andesite is complete demolition of physics; we need to keep it to ourselves.
The wormhole is basically a way of showing our strength; we can rip a hole in space.
The rest of the world currently looks down on the concept of "freedom" and "rebels". Mentioning that we've had a few issues with a handful of them may lead to assistance. I mean, so long as the Northerners feel that we've got some good deals with them (speaking of which - let's work on some trade routes), they shouldn't see any reason to support these guys. I mean, if they support these rebels, what would their citizens think? They might start demanding freedom of speech, and democratic elections! The horror! (:P)
Electricity... well, they can see all the things we can do, probably. To simply ignore it as everyday (which it is, for us, kinda) just makes it more enigmatic, and makes them see us as having even more power.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 11, 2017, 09:34:55 pm »

CAAB
Andesite is complete demolition of physics; we need to keep it to ourselves.
The wormhole is basically a way of showing our strength; we can rip a hole in space.
The rest of the world currently looks down on the concept of "freedom" and "rebels". Mentioning that we've had a few issues with a handful of them may lead to assistance. I mean, so long as the Northerners feel that we've got some good deals with them (speaking of which - let's work on some trade routes), they shouldn't see any reason to support these guys. I mean, if they support these rebels, what would their citizens think? They might start demanding freedom of speech, and democratic elections! The horror! (:P)
Electricity... well, they can see all the things we can do, probably. To simply ignore it as everyday (which it is, for us, kinda) just makes it more enigmatic, and makes them see us as having even more power.

Our relations are certainly strengthened by the fact that we are about the same as them. Semi-benevolent all-powerful and annoying nobility? Check.

Trade routes will be discussed. Do note that A on the wormhole just means "carry this back with you" - instant comms with Europe at the cost of comms with Brazil. Europe is 10x farther so it's still a good deal.

Choice B has been changed to "show it off but don't give details". It's not everyday, by the way. We're still very much Steampunk, we only use electricity for laboratory work.

Once we finish our hydrokinetic energy plant and tap the full power of the Antarctic Circumpolar Current, however... then it will be everyday.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2017, 09:49:39 pm »

Also, do realize that you are endangering everyone in London. If they bring a wormhole back with them, and the rebels destabilize our end, then, well...

...bye-bye Henry.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »

Also, do realize that you are endangering everyone in London. If they bring a wormhole back with them, and the rebels destabilize our end, then, well...

...bye-bye Henry.
Not our fault. We can warn them to set it up in some uninhabited region, anyway, or on a buoy out in the sea, accessible by boat. Problem solved.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 203