Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 286576 times)

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2017, 04:08:24 am »

PTW

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2017, 04:16:30 am »

So we do not get to vote right now is my main takeaway from this.

*slams head against wall*

Yes... fluff for the dog thing is still in progress...

0.0 is your head okay?

Is the wall okay?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 28, 2017, 09:27:55 pm »

All intermissions have now completed. We will return to our regularly scheduled programming of cybernetic dogs mauling internally indecisive rebels.

…as the first dog runs into the cave, there is a bang and burst of meat as it gets its face blown in by a shotgun.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

The second dog gets stabbed in the neck by Anna Drimoxi, who is surprisingly dangerous with a sufficiently long knife. There is a brief spurt of blood, and the dog doesn’t even have time to yelp before her brainstem splits open and her tiny heart stops beating.

Andrew Calvin is significantly less effective. He draws a pistol and a grenade, but doesn’t get to use either before two dogs are at him already.

Another dog jumps Anna from behind, grabbing her by the throat. He fumbles with his speech synthesizer for a few seconds before the commanding voice of Erin Quill fills the cave.

“I swear I will!” the device booms. Of course, they aren’t actual speech synthesizers, just speakers on which a button sequence can be pressed to select one of several pre-recorded phrases. Chosen with great prescience, it would seem.

Samael Drimoxi whirls around and aims his shotgun at the dog clinging to his daughter’s neck. The dog simply swivels around in midair so that Anna’s head is facing the gun. A quick press on the synthesizer yields the warning, “You wouldn’t!” The scene would be almost comical if not for its seriousness.

Yet another dog sprints behind Sam, grabs his ammo, and, literally, bites the bullet. He upsets a whole crate of shotgun slugs, sending them tumbling across the cave floor and away from the angry grandpa with the gun.

It is at this point that Andrew Calvin chooses to pull the trigger to the hand grenade off with his teeth and chuck it into the middle of the cave. Now, one would imagine this would be a terrible idea, seeing as the cave is only about two yards wide at the most and the three rebels are crammed together.

It lands on Anna’s foot. She screams and kicks it randomly into the mass of oncoming dogs.

There is a tremendous BOOM! and a flash of orange light, followed by a cloud smoke and a sequence of sickening thuds from the three dogs that had just decided to join the fray. At this point, the dogs have lost half their manpower and decide to move to a more advantageous position.

They bound from the cave, pausing only to deliver a derisively prerecorded “We’ll be back!” Once on the sand again, they form a defensive perimeter around the cave, daring anyone to come out.

I will now be modeling the siege in real time. An hour out of game = An hour in game. Freeform ask for reinforcements and I’ll give you their time of arrival, and when you post the command to attack I’ll model it based on the time elapsed.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:30:10 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 28, 2017, 09:44:42 pm »

PTW

Welcome to the nuthouse! Seriously though, more players are better!

I don't tend to post that often, so if it's quiet for a week or so please don't lose hope. Also, a major theme is overuse of cliches in gaming, so a quick jaunt through TvTropes may be worth your time.

Also, as you might have noticed, I'm having fun trying out different formats for different events (The Search, Intermissions, Real Time Sieges). Any feedback about this? Also, anyone like the first full-power direct fight scene in this game?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2017, 10:07:39 pm »

Okay, bring the nearest reinforcements fast so they can't break the siege

While at it we grab info about the local geography, do they only have one way out? If yes, okay, if not quickly call someone to cover that way, never it's too much to be safe.

Dog's intel, do they have adantesite with them?
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 28, 2017, 10:16:04 pm »

Now that i already posted the ask for reinforcements i can think better.

Get one of that riot gas (i don't know how to call it in english) and gas-mask for the entire squadrom (dogs won't invade)

These "non-lethal" gas bombs in enough quantity can even kill, It killed a bunch of people here in Rio de Janeiro, your face and lungs feel like you ate enough pepper to make you fart fire and the pain made me think slowly, i barely could walk while i felt that the entire road was cosplaying silent hill with a fog because my government decided to throw one of these each meter  for about 100m² i dunno.

When all that gas is in position and the squad is with the gas-mask, throw an stupid amount to slowly roll inside the cave, Then invade, invade this shit already throwing some properly lethal granades, keep in formation and shoot everything that moves in front of the squad.
Novice english wordsmith

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 28, 2017, 10:20:24 pm »

PTW

Welcome to the nuthouse! Seriously though, more players are better!

I don't tend to post that often, so if it's quiet for a week or so please don't lose hope. Also, a major theme is overuse of cliches in gaming, so a quick jaunt through TvTropes may be worth your time.

Also, as you might have noticed, I'm having fun trying out different formats for different events (The Search, Intermissions, Real Time Sieges). Any feedback about this? Also, anyone like the first full-power direct fight scene in this game?

Quick jaunt? Last time I visited there I barely escaped with my life. 2/10--Would not return except under threat.

I like the different formats; if something occurs to me, I'll mention it.

After some quick mental math, the dogs Call for reinforcements, and fire off a few shots every now and then to remind the rebels of their dire situation. Use an RPG if available.
Now that i already posted the ask for reinforcements i can think better.

Get one of that riot gas (i don't know how to call it in english) and gas-mask for the entire squadrom (dogs won't invade)

These "non-lethal" gas bombs in enough quantity can even kill, It killed a bunch of people here in Rio de Janeiro, your face and lungs feel like you ate enough pepper to make you fart fire and the pain made me think slowly, i barely could walk while i felt that the entire road was cosplaying silent hill with a fog because my government decided to throw one of these each meter  for about 100m² i dunno.

When all that gas is in position and the squad is with the gas-mask, throw an stupid amount to slowly roll inside the cave, Then invade, invade this shit already throwing some properly lethal granades, keep in formation and shoot everything that moves in front of the squad.
Good idea

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 28, 2017, 10:24:06 pm »

Gas will be ready in 16 hours. (Has to be requested, the request filed and shipped from a major military center)

Simple soldiers ready in 8 hours. (Can be requested from any nearby base)

Shots will be fired upon soldier arrival. Gas will be used once that arrives.

Anyone care to tell me what time zone the forum time is in?

If I'm asleep when something gets there, I'll retcon it in.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 28, 2017, 11:06:19 pm »

Hmm, good, this way they won't even sleep well, while our soldiers will be well rested when we start throwing gas and invading

We have control on the voice things of the dogs? We can make the dogs yell some bullshitery in 3h, 6h, (if they don't break the devices angrily the first time), make them wake up and get scared from the sudden voice, them tell something about how hated they are by the population and/or simply LAUGH to make they feel uncomfortable. then it will be only silence till next time it will yell again. It will be substituted by the shots later.
Novice english wordsmith

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 28, 2017, 11:08:55 pm »

Anyone care to tell me what time zone the forum time is in?

I wrote last post 02:06 (in a 24hrs clock, i am horrible in this PM/AM shit) and in the forum it is written 11:06 pm

My area timezone is -3:00hrs, i am too sleepy to know how to calculate this
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 28, 2017, 11:37:36 pm »

Hmm, good, this way they won't even sleep well, while our soldiers will be well rested when we start throwing gas and invading

We have control on the voice things of the dogs? We can make the dogs yell some bullshitery in 3h, 6h, (if they don't break the devices angrily the first time), make them wake up and get scared from the sudden voice, them tell something about how hated they are by the population and/or simply LAUGH to make they feel uncomfortable. then it will be only silence till next time it will yell again. It will be substituted by the shots later.

To be clear it’s ME, the physical author knee-deep in this stuff that’s going to sleep. I feel like I’m going to wake up to a huge pile of retcon tomorrow.

But yes. Psychological warfare is on the schedule.

While at it we grab info about the local geography, do they only have one way out? If yes, okay, if not quickly call someone to cover that way, never it's too much to be safe.

Dog's intel, do they have adantesite with them?

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

Dogs report that they have the andantesite shard and seem to be experimenting with it - tools and notes are near it and it no longer glows. The dogs also saw that the cave is a dead end.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 28, 2017, 11:47:10 pm »

You're going to sleep, The rebels aren't for the next 16 hours, and i double doubt they slept right before the dogs came *evil giggles*

Do we have anything resembling a laser or a radio strong enough to begin disrupting their adantesite nearby with that shit of 14 hours of work? If yes take it there, let's coordinate the crystal start acting weird and trying to kill them with the gas starting to spread. If it can't come at least together with the soldiers forget about it. It's not worth siege them more than 16 hours, they might discover something

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2017, 12:02:12 am »

You're going to sleep, The rebels aren't for the next 16 hours, and i double doubt they slept right before the dogs came *evil giggles*

Do we have anything resembling a laser or a radio strong enough to begin disrupting their adantesite nearby with that shit of 14 hours of work? If yes take it there, let's coordinate the crystal start acting weird and trying to kill them with the gas starting to spread. If it can't come at least together with the soldiers forget about it. It's not worth siege them more than 16 hours, they might discover something

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crystal deactivation tech is coming from Antarctica but moving at the speed of plot it'll take 24 hrs to get here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2017, 12:12:58 am »

bleh, Only use it if our first wave fail
Novice english wordsmith

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2017, 03:32:03 am »

oes the republic have bullet resistant vests made for doggos available ??? ???  If so ship some in so that our fine canine figures can continue to defend our humble lands from these vicious and cruel terrorists.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 203