Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287507 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #435 on: November 01, 2017, 09:41:47 am »

OK, if you want to vote on something vote on this.

How much are you going to tell the public?

About Andrew…

A: Tell the public that he was killed in the firefight (true)
B: Tell the public that he was captured alive
C: Tell the public that he escaped
D: Don’t mention him in public reports

About Sam…

A: Tell the public that he was killed in the firefight
B: Tell the public that he was captured alive (true)
C: Tell the public that he escaped
D: Don’t mention him in public reports

About Anna…

A: Tell the public that she was killed in the firefight
B: Tell the public that she was captured alive
C: Tell the public that she escaped (true)
D: Don’t mention her in public reports

About the soldiers

A: Admit that they were killed by blind friendly fire
B: Claim the rebels shot them
C: Hush up the deaths of the mooks
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:28:15 am by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 01, 2017, 10:05:17 am »

ABDB;

Note: blind shots can put a hero on his last words. and not having to throw a 12 to just capture

So we should use this somehow.

And it was more the close range and siege tactics that did it. Heroes can be killed, just not easily.
I was hoping something like that would happen. The fewer heroes we have the better.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 01, 2017, 10:36:57 am »

ABDB;

Note: blind shots can put a hero on his last words. and not having to throw a 12 to just capture

So we should use this somehow.

And it was more the close range and siege tactics that did it. Heroes can be killed, just not easily.
I was hoping something like that would happen. The fewer heroes we have the better.

Yes. If you have such a large advantage over a hero that even the plot is convinced you win, then you win. They were blinded and surrounded and the enemy was willing to shoot their own allies. Plus Andrew's plotarmor wasn't that strong anyway. Is there a trope for when the annoying ally that is cold and cruel and rivals the hero dies?

Do note that he isn't dead yet, though - just shot through the heart and dead by all rights. Plot involvement will still allow for last-minute resuscitation, however.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 01, 2017, 10:40:56 am »

We got Sam, but it sounds like he was ripe for the picking.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 01, 2017, 11:33:54 am »

A, A(we can use him against Anna), C, D: Claim that rebels added several fake orders to the ones given to our men, causing an unfortunate friendly fire incident.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 01, 2017, 12:14:45 pm »

No way i am gonna tell that rebels had power to infiltrate our organization and give our soldiers orders. It's gonna make others more brave against us and we will play as stupid, raise insecurity and so on

A,
A (So we can torture/interrogate/ straight kill and Anna will believe that he is dead)
C or E (DANGEROUS REBEL STILL ON THE RUN, SHE SHOT HER OWN FATHER TO GAIN ADVANTAGE AND ESCAPE JUSTICE)
B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 01, 2017, 04:56:39 pm »

You’ve chosen AACB. That is, pretend both wounded rebels are dead (in actuality only 1 is dying) then reveal that a third escaped and don’t say anything about friendly fire.

Repercussions for this are going to come later, but for now you, as the leader of the remaining mooks and dogs on the scene, are going to have to choose which of these actions to do first. There’s no time to ensure they all get done with the best speed possible:

Choose top 3 priorities:
A: Track down Anna Drimoxi, who is already escaping down the coast. Note that you might not outright find her, as she has a decent head start, but you might get a better idea of where she is going
B: Investigate the cave. The rebels likely covered their tracks, but if they unintentionally left something then the faster the better
C: Get Erin Quill’s assessment on the situation. He is technically the Commanding Officer, and he’s likely to have some good fourth wall powered tips.
D: Investigate the knife that Anna dropped when she killed the mook sent to get her. She dropped it into the ocean and it will soon wash away, but if we get it now it could be an important piece of evidence.
E: Concentrate on saving your men and ensuring the two wounded rebels survive for questioning. Everyone not outright killed will survive if you choose this, otherwise they put their fates in the plot and/or RNG. (Andrew Calvin still lives despite rolling a 1 due to plot armor).

Troop rundown:
  • 2 healthy mooks
  • 1 mook grazed by a bullet
  • 1 mook with serious injuries
  • 1 healthy dog
  • 1 dog grazed by a bullet
  • 2 disabled dogs
  • 1 dog with serious injuries

Also get used to drier updates as I’m going to be doing NaNoWriMo. Considered calling this my Novel but thought that might not fly.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 01, 2017, 04:59:32 pm »

D and E I think we should do, I'm not sure about the third. And BT, you can use this, but you'd only be able to count the things you do in this month, starting with this update. Get to work, mate. :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2017, 05:04:10 pm »

D and E I think we should do, I'm not sure about the third. And BT, you can use this, but you'd only be able to count the things you do in this month, starting with this update. Get to work, mate. :P

No, for NaNoWriMo this year I'm going to be getting out of my head a novel idea that's been stewing for a long, long time.

If it survives until Camp rolls around I'll use it as Camp appears to accept novel (har har!) formats better.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 01, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »

D and E I think we should do, I'm not sure about the third.

I'll count that as two votes for D, one for E then if you don't want to use the third vote.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2017, 05:04:50 pm »

I'm going to say...

C, E, D. We don't have the manpower to catch Anna, and we can always investigate the cave later.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:53 pm »

I was going to ignore E

But we might need the man to other things and still get a chance

CDE

Heal the medics\people with first aid knowledgement first and then the dogs, because they can catch things faster and be free to hunt anna while the cops investigate the cave, there is no time to ensure all is done with the best speed but we can help to make the faster we can
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2017, 05:09:07 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2017, 09:40:33 pm »

We essentially have 3 mooks and 2 dogs.

ABE

We need to know where she went to gain plot insight. The plot is obviously one of the more crucial elements to defeating her.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2017, 09:42:36 pm »

We essentially have 3 mooks and 2 dogs.

ABE

We need to know where she went to gain plot insight. The plot is obviously one of the more crucial elements to defeating her.

And here I was celebrating unanimous agreement for once...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 203