Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287763 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2017, 07:00:54 am »

I suggest that we send out some negotiations and try and figure out why they wanted to kill the governor, for PR's sake, however those same individuals will be strapped with remotely detonatable explosives so that if we can't get them to stand down then we can at least get rid of a few of them with the element of surprise, it will also let us eliminate anyone supposedly from our side that tries to collide with them.
If that fails, then we can starve them out and shoot any that don't surrender immediately.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2017, 07:06:26 am »

I suggest that we send out some negotiations and try and figure out why they wanted to kill the governor, for PR's sake, however those same individuals will be strapped with remotely detonatable explosives so that if we can't get them to stand down then we can at least get rid of a few of them with the element of surprise, it will also let us eliminate anyone supposedly from our side that tries to collide with them.
If that fails, then we can starve them out and shoot any that don't surrender immediately.

The reason they want to capture (not kill) the governor is obvious. They're in a monarchy, the monarch pissed them off. Nevertheless, your plan will be added to the question post.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2017, 04:59:57 am »

No other votes? ;-(

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2017, 05:29:10 am »

I guess i vote in favour of the suicide negotiator plan because i dont have any better ideas..
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2017, 06:36:11 am »

*shrugs*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 08:23:04 am »

*shrugs*

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

The negotiators are received surprisingly well. The reason for the seizing of the governor is given as a hodgepodge of various atrocities allegedly conducted by the government. Someone claims the King had his father killed; for someone else it's his daughter, for another it's his pig.

Almost nothing gets done, but the negotiators are able to secure their entry to the rebel-held mansion.

Now, do you blow them sky high?
A: Yes.
B: No.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:44:27 pm by blueturtle1134 »
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:48 am »

B. Don't do it unless things really go south.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 12:56:38 pm »

1.5 Blow them up if we can't talk them down to only releasing prisoners.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 01:18:31 pm »

Accepting votes as "Don't blow them up yet." You know when you see these sort of traps in fiction the rebels always realize at the last minute? I think that deserves a roll.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

The talks appear to be going well. After the requisite threats and dogma have been given from both sides, the rebels agree to release a few prisoners as a display of faith.

However, around halfway through, the four rebel leaders watching the negotiations withdraw to a corner to consult. They glance at the negotiators' vests, then appear to be heading to an escape route.

It looks like they've found out.

One of the negotiators manages to communicate this in slightly worried tones. You now have the option to blow up the rebel held mansion.

Do you do it?
A: Yes
B: No
C: Reveal the existence of the bombs and attempt to get them to stand down under a mutual-destruction logic.
D: Some other thing I haven't listed.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:44:50 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 01:38:38 pm »

I'm torn between A(Blow them up now!), and C. Telling them that the whole building is rigged (w're the empire, and they'll be in too much danger to disregard this even if it is a lie.) As well as our own people, etc. nobody gets out alive unless they co-operate.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »

I'm torn between A(Blow them up now!), and C. Telling them that the whole building is rigged (w're the empire, and they'll be in too much danger to disregard this even if it is a lie.) As well as our own people, etc. nobody gets out alive unless they co-operate.

Well, if I was an empire, I would have a small nuke under every important building for just this situation. But I'm not, and it wasn't stated before, so it didn't happen. The explosives the negotiators brought, while not enough to actually level the building, are more than enough to kill everyone inside.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »

A
 ;) goodbye.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 06:49:28 pm »

I'll take first suggestion with 2 votes because this game has a grand total of 4 active players right now. Paxie, start making up your mind.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2017, 07:35:22 pm »

A. The blame can fall on rebels suicide bomb method via pr spinning.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 03:42:48 am »

Okay C then! :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 203