Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287859 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #465 on: November 02, 2017, 10:05:48 am »

Not
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 02, 2017, 04:11:53 pm »

CAAB

Because I think this might promote maximal public sympathy for our cause.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 02, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »

CAAB

Because I think this might promote maximal public sympathy for our cause.
...huh?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 02, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »

I DID NOT REALIZE THAT THE TIME TO VOTE ON RELEASING information to the public had already pssed :-[

sorry... Most games do not update this quickly.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 02, 2017, 05:10:49 pm »

sorry... Most games do not update this quickly.

GOOD! I wanted a highly complex and interactive game.

Try to just check and make seat-of-the-pants decisions instead of looking then thinking about it for a while. It works better.

While you're here... any ideas on wringing information out of an old grandpa?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 02, 2017, 05:42:08 pm »

Make it in his best interest to give us said infot, such as making him guarantees that we will not lethally punish rebel activities over the next six months if they avoid targeting civilians for example, or let him know about the other rebel we have captured and offer to torture them, say by stripping them naked and tossing them into an icy room for just long enough to avoid inducing hypothermia, and then allowing them to warm up just enough that we can toss them into a seeringly hot metal room without risking their life[tossing them into one right after the other would risk heat shock which could be lethal, which we do not want].

Those might work, since this sort of guy seems like he would be very hard to break under torture and might feed us clever lies, and or simply say what he thinks we want to hear if we get him to start talking anyway.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:30 pm »

Make it in his best interest to give us said infot, such as making him guarantees that we will not lethally punish rebel activities over the next six months if they avoid targeting civilians for example, or let him know about the other rebel we have captured and offer to torture them, say by stripping them naked and tossing them into an icy room for just long enough to avoid inducing hypothermia, and then allowing them to warm up just enough that we can toss them into a seeringly hot metal room without risking their life[tossing them into one right after the other would risk heat shock which could be lethal, which we do not want].

Those might work, since this sort of guy seems like he would be very hard to break under torture and might feed us clever lies, and or simply say what he thinks we want to hear if we get him to start talking anyway.

SAM: Threatening Andrew now? Sorry, I really don't care. By that I mean that he'd know it's for the good of the whole, of course, so don't you dare try to edit out the good bits and use them to turn him against me.

Do we try anyway?
A: Edit the audio to show Sam doesn't care about Andrew and show it to Andrew when he wakes up
B: Just show the entire thing to Andrew
C: Forget it.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 02, 2017, 10:51:33 pm »

I WAS NOT TRYING TO WRITE THAT AS ACHARACTER DIALOUGG '-_____-  >:( If the prisoner is reading or hearing this, he should not be.

EDIT; Why not offer sam the first option ??? We do not have to be chaotic evil 24/7 we can be lawful evil or chaotic neutral every now and then.

EDIT 2; E ask, sam why editing it wouldn't work or wouldn't be in our best interest. Tell him we will go easy on him from now on if he co-operates...and turn a blind eye to his associates activities in Africa for the next year or so. If there is some VERY good for reason for us not being able to continue interrogating sam like him having a heart attack or use running out of tape on our tape recorder, then A because , really why not?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:01:49 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 04, 2017, 09:28:57 am »

I WAS NOT TRYING TO WRITE THAT AS ACHARACTER DIALOUGG '-_____-  >:( If the prisoner is reading or hearing this, he should not be.

EDIT; Why not offer sam the first option ??? We do not have to be chaotic evil 24/7 we can be lawful evil or chaotic neutral every now and then.

EDIT 2; E ask, sam why editing it wouldn't work or wouldn't be in our best interest. Tell him we will go easy on him from now on if he co-operates...and turn a blind eye to his associates activities in Africa for the next year or so. If there is some VERY good for reason for us not being able to continue interrogating sam like him having a heart attack or use running out of tape on our tape recorder, then A because , really why not?

(OOC: You gave a suggestion on how to treat the prisoner. I was accepting suggestions on how to treat the prisoner. I accepted your suggestion.)

SAM: Because he won't believe that I think negatively of him. I didn't give you enough non-positive words to edit. He'll know it's for the good of the whole.

You also didn't get the country right. We're in South America, dummies. And turning a blind eye? Why, exactly, should I trust you?

(OOC: If you choose to edit out a false statement you must choose words from all of Sam's communications since he was captured. The breath before a sentence and intonation change at the end are very obvious, so first or last words must stay that way. You cannot break hyphens or remove contractions. "Non-positive" to "positive" or "can't" to "can" are not valid.)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2017, 06:54:07 pm »

OOC; I DO KNOW that they arn south america, I just thought that they might have a a network across the hole empire which would include much of africa.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2017, 07:33:04 pm »

OOC; I DO KNOW that they arn south america, I just thought that they might have a a network across the hole empire which would include much of africa.

Great.

Great.

Now you've beaten the scope of the organization out of him.

Background: Africa is colonized, but not too much... mainly just military posts along the coasts. There are natives, who are treated with respect and left to govern themselves while we think up ways to gradually improve their civilization. Yes, there's some imperialism and we're mostly convinced that we're better than them, but not to the level of actually enslaving them... ew.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2017, 09:44:27 pm »

ooc; I am going to wait for someone else to handle stringing together/ giving sam the message

IC;As for why you should trust me, In a few simple words rank, Authority, Power, ...and a supply of documentation [has some copies of our files on them them, and me wheeled in] I can authorize...a lessening of our engagments, should you prove to be co-operative, I am not just a random soldier after all.

OOC; we are fairly high ranking, right?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2017, 09:46:45 pm »

You have assumed the role of Random Commanding Interrogation Officer #1.

Yes, he's high ranking because that's how we do things around here. The higher ups do the important nitty-gritty things, if you want something done right do it yourself.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2017, 09:47:47 pm »

We literally decide basically every important thing. Yes we're high-ranking.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2017, 09:49:38 pm »

We literally decide basically every important thing. Yes we're high-ranking.

Well, OOC you do. Usually you are Erin Quill, who's been put in charge of this entire operation as it's his wormhole. But right now you're just some mook.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 203