Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287985 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #960 on: December 18, 2017, 09:42:40 am »

E, but also let him know this: We do not recognize Erin Quill as a traitor, we do not recogonize pandelheps coup as legitimate authority, WE are not rebels we are ONE OF THE FEW true bastion of legitimate authority left here, tell that to that snake pandelheb, and inform him that if he wants to avoid civil war that littlefucker would be wise to stay out of our court. Also if He does anything to quill like lop of his head that we shall turn quill into a martyr and a cause to rally behind.
 LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!
+1

That would count as C, not E. Don't try to get out of losing 0.5 INF this way. E would be just making an excuse or feigning incompetence/ignorance.

Why on earth is there no way to gain influence this way? What about those personnel that share our sentiments?

These are still military folks. They've been trained for years to follow all information from Higher Up. Many have their doubts as to Quill's innocence. The most they'll do is summarily ignore anything that Padelheb says. But insulting and driving out his messenger? Directly challenging his instructions and information? That won't strike good chords, and might strike bad ones.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:27 am »

Paxie, it's just a chance of losing a single point. It doesn't matter.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 18, 2017, 11:38:03 am »

After further thought I’m rebalancing sanity a bit. The regeneration is now 5% and only given at the conclusion of a sequence of events. That is, a decision only incurs regen if it is reasonably separated from the last.

But you don’t want to hear about my poor attempts at game systems. You want to hear Celling roast Pychim, right? So that's what we get.

C has been chosen, with specific points to reply with. It was randomly decided to have a cost of -1 influence.

Sanity: 99%
Influence: 99%
Fame: 0

“No way,” Celling replies.

Douem Pychim blinks. “What?”

“I will not bow down to an illegitimate and cowardly usurper, that's what.”

Pychim grins. “Let’s be serious, Wenton. Your mentor betrayed the Republic. He doesn't deserve your blind faith.”

“Erin Quill betrayed no one,” Celling answered through gritted teeth. “Like us, he was fighting to maintain order and peace for everyone and hold the empire together. So no. Get out of my fort.”

Pychim continued to grin. “You understand that Padelheb will know of this.”

“Good. Make damn well sure he does,” replies Celling. “You go sniveling back to your two-faced snake of a master and make sure he hears this. We - and by we me mean everyone in Brazil with the slightest shred of common sense - we fail to accept Padelheb’s rule as legitimate. In fact, we totally reject it. If he doesn’t want a civil war, I strongly advise him to stay out of our way. Now. Get. OUT.”

Pychim took a step back and continued to grin mockingly. “You are involved in a coup, then?”

“No, you are,” Celling shot back.

Pychim continued to hurriedly back off towards the fortress gate. “I’m sure you have loved ones,” he taunted. “Your parents and family. Or maybe that girl you used to like, Armen? I’m sure Padelheb will find them with little difficulty.”

Your response?
A: “Do you really think so?” Semi-boast with no chance for instant negative consequences. (SAN -5, INF +0)
B: “If you do anything to them, I swear I will-” Full-out challenge. Possible small confidence hit. Might make him more enraged and less guarded. (SAN -7|5, INF +0)
C: Have him arrested. Not something to be done lightly, but he will be unable to act. (SAN -5|3, INF -5|0)
D: Shoot the idiot. Takes out the relevant threat, but somewhat amoral and shooting the messenger is a bad idea on all levels. (SAN -5|+5, INF -5|-10)
E: Something else…

(All options have around -5 SAN because threatening family tends to hit a nerve with weak leaders. Options will from now on be ordered from most obvious to most ambitious)
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2017, 08:29:45 pm »

C with more stuff

Arrest him and put charges of "Threatening familiars of high officers of brazil" If there is no recorder on the place it will be our word against his, it will be a fuckton of diplomatic bullshitery that will take MONTHS legally to solve, even more now that there is no wormhole and they don't have hammerspace parrots

(Check if HE has a recorder and  if he has a recorder legally steal his)

For authorities we explain that
> he cames to make sure that there is enough Padelheb influence on his side of the ongoing coup of the state
> we explained that we just don't believed on this and we demanded that Brazil be taken out of this equation as we have bigger problems than greedy people fighting for power
>He decides to THREATEN OUR FAMILY

If us or him have a recorder right now we can use this in our favor we can make a fuckton of copy it and it will be the ultimate proof, we can show on the machetes and turn influence on our side
"PADELHEB OFFICER THREATEN FAMILY OF MILITARY"
"PADELHEB OFFICER SHOWS THAT THERE IS MORE ON THIS THAN PADELHEB SHOWS"

And when it solves we will be remembered as the officer who spit on a traitors face, who took the risks to maintain brazilian government out of danger of a snake, maybe other stories will come to life, as the officer who went alone unarmed in front of the rebels to save his soldiers.

Either way Padelheb will have to:

>prove that it was an big misunderstanding (if there is no record)
>prove that he didn't gave permission of the officer to do that
>prove that he haven't any ties with the arrested guy (And the arrested will probably do anything to be taken out of the prison, what is the charge for threatening a military commander? Death penalty?)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2017, 08:32:28 pm »

C with more stuff

Arrest him and put charges of "Threatening familiars of high officers of brazil" If there is no recorder on the place it will be our word against his, it will be a fuckton of diplomatic bullshitery that will take MONTHS legally to solve, even more now that there is no wormhole and they don't have hammerspace parrots

> he cames to make sure that there is enough Padelheb influence on his side of the ongoing coup of the state
> we explained that we just don't believed on this and we demanded that Brazil be taken out of this equation as we have bigger problems than greedy people fighting for power

If us or him have a recorder right now we can use this in our favor we can make a fuckton of copy it and it will be the ultimate proof, we can show on the machetes and turn influence on our side

And when it solves we will be remembered as the officer who spit on a traitors face, who took the risks to maintain brazilian government out of danger of a snake, maybe other stories will come to life, as the officer who went alone unarmed in front of the rebels to save his soldiers.

>prove that he haven't any ties with the arrested guy (And the arrested will probably do anything to be taken out of the prison, what is the charge for threatening a military commander? Death penalty?)
I approve of this.

Can we get bonus to Sanity and Influence (or at least less loss) if the idea is described in a well thought-out manner that makes sense for why it would work?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 19, 2017, 12:28:09 am »

C with more stuff

I approve of this.

Can we get bonus to Sanity and Influence (or at least less loss) if the idea is described in a well thought-out manner that makes sense for why it would work?

It isn't a sane idea but honestly it feels like it should again be a toss up on whether we gain or lose influence.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 19, 2017, 12:30:07 am »

I agree with Glass. C was "detain him without reason"

I'll decide the effects of accusing him of something.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 23, 2017, 10:59:34 pm »

Just an interesting tidbit of news, but I didn't think that "Threatening family of government officers" is actually a triable crime.

Guess what?

It totally is!

As you may have guessed, I'm getting a little... slow on writing this. It'll happen eventually, I promise.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 25, 2017, 12:00:20 pm »

Merry Christmas. Updates are here.

The option is (SAN -7|5, INF -3|+3). This reflects the fact that Celling still thinks it’s a very risky proposition that puts his loved ones in the line of fire, but the reactions of others may range from “Hey, Celling is awesome and standing up to intimidation!” to “Oh no, this guy, inexperienced in politics, is taking on someone he can’t beat.”

But that was actually an excellent suggestion.

Celling turned menacingly toward Pychim. “Would that be blackmail, sir?” he asks in a quiet tone.

Pychim smiles. “Think of it as more of a… motivation. From our dear friend, Tyro Padelheb.”

Celling stepped a yard closer to the man. “I ask you again. Would that be blackmail, sir?”

Pychim steps back a little. “ It’s time for you to realize that Padelheb won’t back off anytime soon. This is a game you shouldn’t play, Celling. Don’t play unless you can win.”

Celling stops and stares down at the man. “One last time. Would that be blackmail, sir?”

“Saying it again won’t change your situation, Wenton,” Pychim laughs. “But yes. Blackmail.”

There is a tense few seconds of silence.

Then Celling draws his gun and jabs it at Pychim.

“Thank you. You are under arrest for blackmail. Sir.”

In the stairwell leading down to the base, Celling bumped into Lieutenant General Madeline Merrowitz, the highest-ranking military officer on the continent. By now he’d handcuffed Pychim, removed all his weapons and possessions, and called in reinforcements over the radio.

Celling saluted his commanding officer. “Lieutenant General-”

“At ease, Celling. Good morning, what are we arresting this chump for?”

“Absolutely nothing!” Pychim whines. “I was taken without reason! Celling just grabbed me! Let me go! This is military overreach!”

“We’re an evil overlord, military overreach is the name of the game!” Merrowitz shot back. “Now shut up!”

Wenton Celling ignored Pychim’s protests. “This chap comes from Antarctica on behalf of our good friend Sir Tyro ‘Littlefinger’ Padelheb,” he said. “Tried to interfere on behalf of his master, intimidated me and threatened my family.”

“Well, that settles it. To the jailhouse with you,” Merrowitz replied. She nodded at the security detail she’d led upstairs and they dragged Pychim away.

“I did nothing!” he continued to protest. “False imprisonment!”

“Oh, you’ll be given a fair trial, all right,” Merrowitz answered. “We’ll see about that.”

As Pychim was dragged out of earshot, Celling turned to Merrowitz and whispered. “Where there any witnesses? Recordings, maybe, or neutral parties that might be called in?”

“We don’t have miniaturized recorders yet,” she answered. “I don’t know about witnesses. I’ll question everyone in the area and see if we can get someone to testify.”

“How long can we lock him away, then?” Celling asked.

“For threatening a military officer? Five or ten years, I’d say,” Merrowitz answered. “I’ll go ahead and try to throw in a treason charge, in which case heads will roll. With Padelheb in political control of Antarctica, though… I doubt that we can get a conviction.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Celling replied. “The important thing is, Padelheb will have to answer these charges.”

Merrowitz smiled. “That’s right. In a few days, it will be painfully obvious that Padelheb isn’t the benevolent interventionist he pretends he is. I’ll write a letter notifying the South of our charges. In the meantime, there are a few more things you need to handle.”

“Such as?”

Merrowitz handed him a note. “This came in the mail.”

This note should find its way to one Captain Wenton Celling. In fact, I know that it will. Tee hee hee.

I am the leader of a group of people with a limited ability to perceive future events. We have some information we must exchange with Celling and thus call him for a meeting at our temple at the attached coordinates. Please come unarmed.

Celling read it and looked up. “Are you kidding me?”

“Like I said, we got it in the mail. The coordinates lead to a mountain peak in the Andes. We’ve already planned a path and transportation.”

“No, honestly now. What is going on? I just got summoned - by precognitives? A gaggle of prophets is telling me to take a hike?”

“Would seem so. You want to go?”

Sanity check

Chose to arrest the messenger: SAN -5 INF -1
Made headway in getting rid of Padelheb: Fame +2
Begun a new story arc: SAN +9 (Yes, I’m back to +10% regen again… I’m a terrible dev…)

Sanity: 100%
Influence: 98%
Fame: +2

Your reply?
A: “Just ignore that whole thing. It’s probably a rebel trap.” (SAN -0, INF -1|0)
B: “They might have something to say. I’ll make an unarmed trip.” (SAN -3, INF +0)
C: “I am not going without a weapon.” (SAN -2, INF -1|0)
D: “You should really come as well. If these precogs have something to say, you’ve gotta hear it.” (SAN -1, INF -2|+2)
E: “It never pays to be safe. Gimme a whole squad of soldiers, armed to the teeth, and we’ll find out what they have to say.” (SAN -1, INF -3|+1)
F: “I have better things to do. Send a squad without me, get them for interrogation. (SAN -1|2, INF -4|+1)
G: Something else…

Notes.

This is all a flashback. The parrot arrived the day of Padelheb’s takeover. All this happened the next day. The rebels were re-found on day 5, so we’re chronologically before that time right now, i.e. in a flashback. Stay in-character.

In this instance, sanity loss is because of Celling’s own concerns about walking into a trap - less if he has reinforcements, more if he’s unarmed. Influence is how Merrowitz might think of you disobeying the note’s command to come unarmed.

Sorry for the slow updates lately. Have fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 25, 2017, 12:22:32 pm »

I suggest D.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 25, 2017, 12:45:10 pm »

I suggest D.

Allow me to note that if you take both Wenton Celling and Madeline Merrowitz then Brazil High Command is fresh out of reasonable authority figures, and you may or may not miss some important events.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 25, 2017, 12:53:27 pm »

...ah. Then scratch that plan.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 25, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »

At this point, let me take some time to point out Glass’s excellent choice of music. I’m referring to the time when we were still doing the parrot RTD and he posted a command to "Sing" with a link to "Beginning of the End" by All Good Things.

I’ve listened to it, and firstly, this is an awesome song. Secondly, it’s oddly relevant to Erin Quill in the story. To wit-

“There’s a red dawn over the land | Fate’s dealing its hand” - In this game, fate, or the ending ordained by the fourth wall, is treated as its own player. There are several weaponized events that the fourth wall uses to ensure an ending similar to normal action fiction.

“Time’s ticking to leave while you still can” - It would be easiest to just leave the conflict, to seperate yourself from the reckoning that is going to be dealt out by the plot for interfering with it. By continuing to fight the plot, you put yourself in extreme danger.

“Calm before the storm | Pride before the fall” - We’re currently in a sort of “calm before the storm” as the rebels have not started their all-out attack on the wormhole yet. Padelheb is haughty and prideful, and will fall, as he is a clear Big Bad and the plot will force him out.

“Goodbye to it all | Good luck my friends” - The coming battle - whether against the fourth wall, the rebels, or Padelheb - has the potential to permanently change the state of things in the world. Everyone Quill is allied with is in danger and is part of the fight, as involving them makes them vulnerable to the plot.

“This is the beginning of the end” - What’s coming is perfectly capable of ending society as we know it. This is the end of the South if the wormhole is destabilized, as well as the end of the story that the heroes are part of, as they reach the conclusion of their journey. It’s only the beginning, though. We’re just about to begin the endgame, and everyone sees it coming.

“I’ll take fire from the edge of the sun” - One of the endings I have for Quill’s journey is having him killed by a precision meteor strike in retaliation from the fourth wall. After defying the fourth wall too openly, the plot simply nudges a meteorite at him and kills him instantly in a great ball of fire.

“Put the crown on my head | Either way I have won” - Another possibility is that if he survives the fight, he gets crowned King of Antarctica. In either of these cases he gets to drag the world kicking and screaming into a new age of peace, understanding, enlightenment, and genre-savviness.

...so yeah. This is now the theme music of SPAMOVERLORD.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 25, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »

Also, Glass, please revote. Everyone else, see vote options two posts up.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 25, 2017, 05:07:55 pm »

Well, the precognitives would have to know that we wouldn't come without a weapon.

C.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 203