Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282648 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 07:44:48 am »

I know you counted my vote already.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 03:19:29 am »

Votes locked in once someone breaks the tie.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 03:30:35 am »

i have come to save you all from indecision!
BDDD
im sad that most of my vote is irrelevant though
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 03:31:51 am »

...BCCD locked in! Fluff writing commences.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 05:10:52 am »

This seems like it's going to pretty fun. Hidden battling guns everywhere, I can just see it, clockwork spying birds,frankenstoids glorious propaganda, etc.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 06:02:30 am »

This seems like it's going to pretty fun. Hidden battling guns everywhere, I can just see it, clockwork spying birds,frankenstoids glorious propaganda, etc.

I was going to make your strength a new alloy of iron, but that isn't really clockworks. How about I give you electricity instead?

Now to throw out the mile long fluff I wrote... I'm not compromising on the starting point, though. On second thought, screw Iceland. It doesn't really jibe with the "Southern" Republic, right? Something else inhospitable and isolated...

Hey look, penguins!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:18:10 am by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 06:30:55 am »

:D

It makes perfect sense! All the scientists we sent to study Antarctica got sent back in time and chose to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 07:21:32 am »

Quick question: will we be able to determine anything about our characters appearance,  you're more importantly since we've already decided on the scientist, (if I'm reading things correctly) do we get to vote on which branch of science they're most proficient in? Or, are they going to be one of those "omnidisciplinary"  scientists I've heard so much about? ::)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OmnidisciplinaryScientist

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:12 am »

Quick question: will we be able to determine anything about our characters appearance,  you're more importantly since we've already decided on the scientist, (if I'm reading things correctly) do we get to vote on which branch of science they're most proficient in? Or, are they going to be one of those "omnidisciplinary"  scientists I've heard so much about? ::)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OmnidisciplinaryScientist

Having a scientific background manifests itself as general competence with all things scientific (i. e. a +2 on 2d6). He specializes in the primary strength of the Empire, energy and electricity. Feel free to, you know, give him a name or something.

BCDC
:D

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Votes are already locked, and that would only open the tie again. Feel free to stick around!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 11:04:16 am »

His name is Erin Quill, and he is dissatisfied, preferring to work in his personal fields of interest, teleportation and transdimensional physics.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 07:12:11 pm »

His name is Erin Quill, and he is dissatisfied, preferring to work in his personal fields of interest, teleportation and transdimensional physics.
Hey look, opinions. If I was a competent dictator I'd have your head.

BCCD
Military: 0
Informational: 0
Scientific: +2+3-3 = 2
Political: -1+1 = 0

Yay no debuffs! I only just realized that the debuff thing actually rewards concentrating on one power. Oh well.

Ability: All technological rolls have one die guaranteed 6.

Alright, so we're talking a 19th century empire based off technological prowess. I'm starting you in Antarctica, because Antarctica is cool.

And penguins. Who doesn't love penguins?

Welcome, unnamed random engineer personErin Quill, theoretical physicist, to the bottom of the world, in more ways than one! Your empire is the Democratic (nope) People's (nope) Republic (nope) of the Southern (finally) Hemisphere. Our King rules from his palace on the exact South Pole of the world, enjoying penguin sausage and dealing with the feuding barons that are required to rule our vast empire. The ability to harness electricity and purify oil had allowed us to easily defeat any other civilization within reach of our ships, which leaves us in control of, well, half a planet. Life is reasonably good under our rule - oil and power keep our children warm and our lights bright. Crime is at a low, child mortality and disease are all but stamped out, and everyone has more or less enough to eat. The only danger to most of our citizens would be becoming a hapless pawn to whatever Baron is up to no good this week. Glory to the Republic!

As part of your initiative to tighten security, you go ahead and identify a few gaping holes in our defensive plan. You are confident you can fix one, so that nobody can exploit it, but only one.

Select a problem to fix.
A: Some of our more outdated electrical defenses can be disabled by simply waving a magnet at them. There are points in the capital defense perimeter only covered by these.
B: Guard shifts cause a momentary and repetitive lack of surveillance on a particular part of the castle wall, facing the ice. For five minutes every day, nobody is watching this bit and someone could get through.
C: Most of our ships are only designed for open water; we have quite few icebreakers. During the few months when the ice is thick enough to stop the ships but thin enough to not support wagons, a resourceful enemy on foot or dogsled could attack with ease.
D: Iron ore for the smelteries is brought in huge trucks. Someone could conceivably sneak on, as there are no inspection points from the outer gate to the smelteries. The only hassle would be leaving without getting fried - but then they have access to the heart of our industry.

Some notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Votes locked 24 hours from my mark.

Mark.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:43:06 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »

His name is Jebediah Kerman!

As for weaknesses: I say D. Everything else is them getting inside our areas where the guards are; that one is them getting inside where the tech is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 07:20:26 pm »

D!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 09:07:46 pm »

I'm afraid I have to agree with the others, D seems like our most serious threat, perhaps it could be solved by also using these same tricks to import predators from around the emp-republic afterall those dukes need to supply their alligator pits from somewhere, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 203