Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287455 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2017, 01:20:44 am »

So no one wants to vote B then?

Are you voting B or just asking others? You're tiebreak so...

Looked like everyone was voting C, so I was unaware that there was a tie, I vote 2.5 that is help him but do not make a big public show about it. If I cn-no do that then B.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2017, 10:29:14 am »

The tie is about gaining a D7 dice this roll (it was a D6) or to let the ceilling get full acess to the fourth wall, where it can help us or do like agent smith and go all grey goo where it can strike even us.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »

The tie is about gaining a D7 dice this roll (it was a D6) or to let the ceilling get full acess to the fourth wall, where it can help us or do like agent smith and go all grey goo where it can strike even us.

Not just this one, all rolls. Also, I'm changing it so B just lets him invoke tropes.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 26, 2017, 04:04:26 pm »

ALL ROLLS? changing my vote

A
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 26, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »

ALL ROLLS? changing my vote

A

After seeing how giddy you are, I'm seriously considering rebalancing it.

You know what? Yeah, I will.

All rolls where the word "Celling" appears anywhere within the same post.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 26, 2017, 04:14:28 pm »

*breath in, breath out*
-Okay
*Images of pain and suffering appearing in my forehead with a loud and distorted scream on the background*
okay, we can make him a kind of mage that distort reality invoking tropes, or give him a bonus ingame.
with the mage power he might still go gray-goo into the game...

I keep the A, he will probably go gray-goo and discover how to abuse the fourth wall anyways

Ceilling will begin to get promoted
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 26, 2017, 05:03:07 pm »

C and A have been chosen.

"Some people submit to fate's whims, but others push fate to do what they want. You, I believe, may be one of the latter. Should you succeed, we shall ensure you are greatly rewarded."

Erin Quill’s voice came through the radios of Celling’s ship, repeating every few minutes like a broken record. “Some people submit…”

Lieutenant - Former Lieutenant, he corrected himself - Former Lieutenant Wenton Celling stood in the control cabin of the small patrol boat he had taken, half-deaf to the words he heard.

They had found him. Of course they had found him. Everyone knew that a small boat was trivial to find on coastal radar these days. The iron hull and steel rigging might as well be a signal flare if you knew to look in the ten-to-a-hundred meter bands.

And they wanted him back. After all, he’d abandoned his post and stolen a boat.

“You, I believe…”

Even before the message, he’d wondered, Why’d I do it? Of course, he knew the answer. A single, determined individual, working tirelessly based on principle and tradition, stood a much better chance of success than the armies of evil and authority - at least, in these kinds of stories.

Still not a very good chance, though, he thought. He wondered if he was the anti-hero, doomed to chase the protagonist across continents and oceans, slowly slipping into ruthlessness and derangement to prove a point to those watching above.

“submit to fate’s whims…”

Though that’s a far-out idea, he commented idly. I probably just followed him because I wanted another crack at that Eldin nutcase… or, more likely, because I still want Armen back.

Of course, if the plot demanded an anti-hero, it could easily come up with any number of justifications for his actions, slipping them into his mind as easily as coins into a wallet.

“you are greatly rewarded…”

If the plot demanded anything, it would get it. No string could be left unpulled in order to make these puppets dance as they should. Oh, there was randomness, and democracy, and unpredictable things, but in a higher, invisible place. All the lives, all the toiling, in this tiny antfarm, going to waste, for the sake of a few lines on a screen. Celling was about ready to shout at the sky, punch at the camera, at the unfairness of it all.

“to do what they want…”

But if that had to be done, why not do it with others?

“Some people submit…”

Enough was enough. He slammed his finger on the big green SEND button on the radio control panel and said, “Alright, Quill. Talk to me.”

Erin Quill was, of course, a civilian, but as it was his wormhole that was in danger of being sabotaged he had been given provisional control over the entire rebel situation until such time as the capital was not in danger of sudden and total failure of existence. Such provisional control also extended to administrative duties, such as contacting and communicating with a rouge lieutenant.

It probably helped that he still had the spare keys to all the radios.

“Should you succeed…”

Celling pressed the button again. “Come on, Erin, it isn’t that late and we both know you’re there. Cut the gramophone already.”

Quill, upon hearing this, let the gramophone go for another full cycle before answering, “It’d be really good to have you back, Celling. The higher-ups are promising some pretty big things in exchange for your help.”

“I need no buying, Dr. Quill. Getting rid of that lunatic Eldin would be reward enough in itself.”

“Oh,” replied Erin. “That in addition to getting back into dear Miss DeMarco’s…”

“Watch it, Quill.”

“...favor. What did you expect me to say? This production is going to be fairly G-rated.”

“Let’s go back to stopping the lunatic.”

“Yes. Lieutenant - no, Captain Wenton Celling, your mission is now officially sanctioned. You mission - to dispose of the threat posed by Jacob Eldin and Armen DeMarco, and bring them back, dead or alive. I’m here to make sure that it doesn’t all go to hell.”

“You have a plan?”

“No, a pineapple. Of course I have a plan. Though you likely won’t need an explicit one. I would say that the gods shine on you, if I was that sort of guy. I’m not, but they kinda do.”

“What are you talking about, Quill?’

“Oh come on. You’re not the only one that can break the fourth wall. Jacob Eldin is going down, down, down. At least, that is, if one seven-sided die and a whole lot of tropes have anything to say about it.”

All intermissions are now complete. A summary of events during intermissions follows.

• A large, intact, but cracked shard of Andantesite is obtained and de-linked
  • A method of de-linking a Andantesite crystal from a control shard is found. It currently takes 14.3 hours and a radio generator, but can be improved with lasers.
  • Jacob Eldin escapes with the help of Ensign Armen DeMarco and keeps a boat with a lot of hostages
  • Lieutenant Wenton Celling is found responsible for losing Eldin by declining to shoot in a hostage situation
  • -1 to political
  • Contact is made with the Europeans and a wormhole mouth will be sent back with them. The public is told that the Pylos will follow with a cache of Republic technology; we simple neglect to mention that it is the wormhole.
  • Wenton Celling goes rouge and takes a ship to go after Eldin and DeMarco; his mission is later officially sanctioned
You have the following stats:
  • +1 military
  • +2 scientific
  • +0 informational
  • +1 political
  • BONUS: Scientific designs get one die automatically 4
  • BONUS: D7s are rolled on anything relating to Wenton Celling

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 26, 2017, 05:46:35 pm »

shit got a bit dark here, even with all the jokes,

Edit:Almost like my life everyday,

Fakeedit: without the action.
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 26, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »

shit got a bit dark here, even with all the jokes

I translate this into "I accurately captured the despair of having no control over your own actions and no defence against what fate wants of you"

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 26, 2017, 06:13:06 pm »

So we do not get to vote right now is my main takeaway from this.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 26, 2017, 06:33:21 pm »

*slams head against wall*

Yes... fluff for the dog thing is still in progress...

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 26, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »

I translate this into "I accurately captured the despair of having no control over your own actions and no defence against what fate wants of you"

I decided right now that if i ever enter the military and don't die in training camp (what might happen) i'm gonna change my second name to Ceilling
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 26, 2017, 07:17:42 pm »

I decided right now that if i ever enter the military and don't die in training camp (what might happen) i'm gonna change my second name to Ceilling

Celling. His name is Celling. A ceiling is what's over your head right now (hopefully).

And that might take some explaining.

"So, you picked up the Celling name after joining the Army, eh? Where'd it come from?"
"Well, I was playing a forum game about an evil empire where there was a fourth-wall breaking badass named Wenton Celling..."

(bonus to anyone that figures out why I chose that first name)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2017, 07:22:08 pm »

Celling. His name is Celling.

In retrospect, that could make a great climactic scene. With Jacob Eldin standing over him, wielding the Andantesite crystal, which emits a slight hum. Beaten and defeated, while his opponent has hardly a scratch and the very fabric of his reality is bent against him.

"You hear that, Lieutenant?... That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your death... Goodbye, minion of the Empire..."

"My... name... is... CELLING!!!"

(proceeds to sever the Andantesite's control line with a pocket laser while breaking the plot armor and beating the hero)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2017, 01:17:05 am »

*slams head against wall*

Yes... fluff for the dog thing is still in progress...

0.0 is your head okay?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 203