Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282679 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #420 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:46 am »

E!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 31, 2017, 01:18:03 pm »

E!

I love how more people voted but now we're tied again.

I'll give it a few hours for someone to add in or change their mind before I flip a coin.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 31, 2017, 04:01:32 pm »

C

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 31, 2017, 04:23:22 pm »

C

Welcome back, Puppyguard. It's nice to see you around again.

In other news, that didn't help at all.

You have precisely thirty-four minutes before I string you up a rafter by implementing C, D, and E all at the same time, and accepting the consequences.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 31, 2017, 04:33:10 pm »

C

Welcome back, Puppyguard. It's nice to see you around again.

In other news, that didn't help at all.

You have precisely thirty-four minutes before I string you up a rafter by implementing C, D, and E all at the same time, and accepting the consequences.
What would that even entail? Would we go through a Dragon Break?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 31, 2017, 05:44:31 pm »

Send everyone into the cave, send half the people into the cave, send nobody into the cave and open fire.

Impossible.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 31, 2017, 06:04:30 pm »

What would that even entail? Would we go through a Dragon Break?

Well, you can see... because you just ran out of time!

Spoiler: The Division (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dice and Computation (click to show/hide)
Rundown:

The girl escapes
The grandpa gets severely injured
The boy gets killed
Killed 4 mooks, severely injured 1 mook and 1 dog, disabled 2 dogs and grazed 1 mook and 1 dog

Tis the price of random firing. I’ll write descriptions/repercussions/choices in a few hours, please hold.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2017, 06:14:15 pm »

...every single running mook got instakilled. *facepalm*
I suggest capturing the old man and getting these troops to safety and medical attention.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:26 pm »

Today, on Things You'll Only Hear on Bay12...

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 31, 2017, 07:42:49 pm »

Note: blind shots can put a hero on his last words. and not having to throw a 12 to just capture

So we should use this somehow.
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 31, 2017, 07:45:46 pm »

Anna Drimoxi sprints out from the cave, resetting the control crystal as she goes and scooping the andantesite shard sitting in the mouth of the cave. The monstrous pillar of sand jetted into the air by unnatural gravity begins to fall and blow apart in the wind. Once the ground beneath her feet transitions from damp rock to hot sand, she makes a break for it, rushing toward the edge of the sand cloud running as her mother’s necklace bangs against her neck and the sharp edges of the control apparatus grind into her palm.

She’s almost made it when the shots ring out. Ring would perhaps be the wrong word, as something ringing has some sort of harmony to it, some sort of tone. These do not. They sound like miniature explosions, white hot balls of fury and pain, sharp thundercracks of impending death.

Almost on instinct, she whirls around, wondering if the rest are still following her, or already gone, their cold flesh digging into the dry, dead sand. The protecting mist of sand is already gone by now, diminished to a yellow haze through which misty figures can be seen. One is slumped at the ground behind her, and the other is her grandfather, Samael Drimoxi, running, arms at his side, towards her granddaughter - running, running, as if from a demon of old, running up until the time a small, red hole opens up in the side of his torso and a splatter of blood heralds his fall to the ground.

Anna screams, a primal, animalistic scream that shakes her world and that she herself is not fully aware of. She runs back to Sam and kneels down by his side, desperately trying to staunch the sickeningly warm flow of blood from his chest until he chokes out “It’s no use, Anna”.

“NO!” she shouts, even though all her knowledge of medical science tells her otherwise - tells her that the bullet has already passed through, ripping through the liver and splitting open the stomach to expose her grandfather’s insides to the ravishes of hydrochloric acid. Knows that the gush of blood and the bullet lying in the sand next to her grandfather mean that it is already too late, too late, too late…

“Anna,” Sam chokes, groaning after every word, “Anna, I’m sorry about what I said yesterday. I didn’t want those to be my last words before I -”

“You’re not going to, grandpa, you’re not going to-” Anna repeats, whispering into his ear until she cannot even force herself to believe it, until her world comes crashing down beside her feet and she breaks down, crying, salty tears mingling with the sea breeze as they fall down, down down. Sam says, “So I wanted you to have this.” With a momentous effort, like a cripple learning to walk for the first time, he takes a folded stack of papers out from his jacket and drops it, like a dead thing, onto the sand. Anna picks it up. It’s a picture of Sam, along with her mother and his daughter, along with a handwritten note, the contents of which will haunt her for years to come:

I killed her, Anna.
I killed your mother. Not intentionally, but it was me that did it, all the same.
They said she died of thyroid cancer. They pinned it on a lithium leak down the road, but I knew better.
It was when she was your age, and I was beginning my experiments on the green jewel of our legacy. I had only a flawed crystal of Andantesite at the moment, and was repeatedly powering it up in an effort to divine its properties.
What I did not know was that flawed Andantesite releases dangerous and sickening radiation, a spray of gamma rays that jetted out from the cracks in my enthralling green crystal, jetting through carpet and wood, up to where my daughter slept, until a small batch of her cells took in the poison, waiting and conspiring for thirty years until…
I’ll never forgive myself for what I’ve done, Anna. It’s why I’ve taken you in. I couldn’t leave you with no mother and an aloof father. It’s why I’ve shown you the door to the Resistance.
I’d like to say that it was the right thing to do. That many lives are going to be more important than one. But the truth is, Annabelle Drimoxi…

I don’t really know.

Her reading of the note is cut abruptly short by the Republic trooper that stands above her, one gruff hand around her collar. “I’ll take that,” he says.

Without even thinking - without even feeling anything except blinding, hot rage at the man that would take away her grandfather’s final legacy - she thrusts her blade into his stomach.

The four-foot length of steel is designed for this job, and the weaker flesh gives way easily. The trooper’s eyes go wide with surprise and then fill with pain.

Anna Drimoxi twists the knife.

The trooper groans before gargling as a few drops of vomit come to his mouth - then he falls, first to his knees and then flat on his face, nose stuck in the pool of Sam Drimoxi’s blood.

Anna runs, runs from the soldiers still counting their wounded, running from the two bodies, that of her grandfather and that of a random soldier of the Republic. In later days, she would try to tell herself that it was necessary, that he threw his lot in with the Republic, but for now, all she can think is how similar the two bodies are.

SPAMOVERLORD
Darkness above and darkness below | Protect the future, on with the show

How’s that for dark eh?

GRRM, I’m coming for you.

Also 5000 VIEWS YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:56:08 pm by blueturtle1134 »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 31, 2017, 07:56:05 pm »

Everything till now was a prelude?
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 31, 2017, 07:56:55 pm »

Everything till now was a prelude?

Shit's going to get very, very real now.

And I just thought up that catchphrase.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 31, 2017, 08:20:09 pm »

Note: blind shots can put a hero on his last words. and not having to throw a 12 to just capture

So we should use this somehow.

And it was more the close range and siege tactics that did it. Heroes can be killed, just not easily.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 203