Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291842 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #525 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:55 am »

Updates will come later, but I'll answer this first.

How much time is exactly "short term"? I saw a GM put 1 year as a short term memory :v

I'm using the biological definition of short term. That is, you have to remind him before you can manipulate it. This limits your brainwashing to things you know about.

Of course, you could be vague and let him fill in the details... but that's risky.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 13, 2017, 12:53:56 pm »

To that end, give direct quotes to jog his memory.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 13, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »

Hmm, we could do a detailed questionary to discover which actions from the republic he hated the most and some laws that he wanted to never exist?

and then use brainwashing in all these situations?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 14, 2017, 08:37:52 am »

Lemme tell you that this is NOT all that fine tuned. It can only reverse his emotion around particular events. Also, if the emotion is extremely implausible, the effect will break. So "make him feel sad when he met Anna" is fine. "Make him happy about the Republic" won't fly.

There will be better tools later on that will allow you to distort, conflate, or delete memories.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 14, 2017, 09:38:42 am »

...before we go into emotion reversals, I've got a question.

What are the specific parts of the Republic that the rebels are unhappy with? Is there some specific policy or group of policies that they're unhappy with?

Remember guys, just because we're authoritarian does not mean we have to be Evil. It just means we have to be Lawful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 14, 2017, 09:48:36 am »

What are the specific parts of the Republic that the rebels are unhappy with? Is there some specific policy or group of policies that they're unhappy with?

Remember guys, just because we're authoritarian does not mean we have to be Evil. It just means we have to be Lawful.

Well, probably the aristocratic corruption despite us being called a republic and the kidnappings, and maybe the fact that we could be doing more for the rest of the world ???

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 14, 2017, 09:54:19 am »

Well, probably the aristocratic corruption despite us being called a republic and the kidnappings, and maybe the fact that we could be doing more for the rest of the world ???
-_- how about we get the actual rebel's opinion.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 14, 2017, 10:08:43 am »

I was just trying to help :-[

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:47 pm »

I was just trying to help :-[

You were correct. The rebel reveals, quite strenuously, that he's mad at the aristocratic nature of our government, full of callous, manipulative nobles who act above the law. Quill may be the only exception to this.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:44 pm »

...just wondering, but which idiot made us an aristocracy instead of a meritocracy?
Why aren't we fixing this?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 14, 2017, 02:19:22 pm »

...just wondering, but which idiot made us an aristocracy instead of a meritocracy?
Why aren't we fixing this?

Read the title of the game. It's corrupt and not getting better, that's the whole point. Corrupt systems also tend to take forever to fall.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 14, 2017, 08:14:23 pm »

As no particular quotes are forthcoming, we jump now to Erin Quill's interrogation of Ensign Armen DeMarco.

Quill exits the room.

"She... was unaware that the black hole would destroy the capital," he explains. "Like Andrew, she was tricked into thinking that it would only kill the nobility. After the truth was revealed, she became much more cooperative and is now willing to tell us everything. She is shocked by the lengths to which the rebels will go to get their way."

"However, she has requests. One is that she be given amnesty for all her previous actions as they were under false premises."

"And as for the other... as you know, she joined in part because her brother was a subject of the Cherub program, his mind altered to make betrayal impossible and implants used so we can hear his thoughts. She wants to speak to him."

"She wants us to break our control over him and allow her around half an hour of private, unbiased conversation with her brother, as he truly is, unshackled by conditioning or mental links. I have worked out the technological means of doing this, but I also realize that she has no way of telling whether her brother is really being frank. We could still control him throughout."

About amnesty.
A: Grant it! She's on our side now and that should be reflected.
B: Partial. Throw in some charges for larceny so she doesn't get off scot free but the treachery charge can be dropped. No death sentence, not even much imprisonment.
C: No. She must pay for what she did.

About her brother.
A: Give her what she wants. Remove all neural implants and mental shackles. We have no way of hearing or controlling what goes on.
B: Remove the shackles but not the implant, letting him speak freely, but we can still hear his thoughts. We'll be aware if she tries to turn him to the rebel side. He won't know we're still there.
C: Remove neither. He's under our vision and control. Note that this is a burden to conversation, as he will be willingly distressed at any mention of betraying the empire.
D: Allow him to speak freely but have surveillance on the room.
E: Allow him to speak freely but listen in and tell Armen we're listening.
F: No show, don't let him speak with her.

A note on the details - the "mental shackle" is a psychological safeguard that causes the Cherub to be unable to even contemplate betraying the Republic or disobeying a direct order. If forced to discuss these concepts, they are put in extreme pain. It does not give us total control of every thought they have. The "neural implant" allows us to see what they see and hear each and every thought that passes through their minds. We can beam information and issue orders through this, but ordering them to discuss betraying the Republic will likely reduce them to a gibbering wreck.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 14, 2017, 08:26:28 pm »

B, E only because I really don't trust her yet but feel she should be let off relatively lightly.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 15, 2017, 02:10:46 am »

BD

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:24 am »

B,?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 203