Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 286690 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2017, 11:16:12 am »

Monitor him on the distance, see if he is going to the blackmailer money part, don't follow him when he get near the place where we put the money (as he probably put something to notice us there) but watch him when he is going back

If we really found the blackmailer, we will later need to know everyone that is his friend and is in his "business" and imprison everyone at once in one night

ditto.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2017, 01:23:07 pm »

Erin Quill was working on the blackmail problem, answering calls and coordinating efforts, his back turned to the door of his office, when a voice behind him softly said, “Erin Quill”.

Without even looking back, he responded. “Yes. And who might you be? I literally don’t have time right now.”

“Oh, don’t pretend you don’t know me, Mr. Quill,” the man said in a smug, silky voice.

“Of course. Our dear Guardian of the State, the honorable Sir Padelheb,” Quill said sardonically, abruptly lifting his head from the sheet of orders he was going over. “Foremost advisor to the old King himself. For what reason do you find yourself plugging up my door?”

Padelheb chuckled slightly. “You are under arrest for high treason, Mr. Erin Quill.”

Quill whirled around and narrowed his eyebrows. Padelheb stepped to the side to allow two guards in full armor and wielding pistols to step in.

“Just what do you think you’re charging me with, Padelheb?”

Padelheb laughed again. “Come now, Erin Quill. It’s obvious to everyone.”

“Keep on babbling, nutcase.” Quill stepped subtly to the side of the desk. “What’s obvious?”

“Why, your efforts to ensure that the perpetrators of a rather distressing blackmail get paid, of course.”

Quill sighed and tilted his head to one side. “You know full well that they could wreak some serious damage with that information, Tyro Padelheb. The best option is to pay them.”

“You have, on various and multiple occasions, told insidious lies and invented elaborate reasons to ensure that the enemies of the state get our money! Really, now? There is absolutely no excuse why you are not making the slightest effort to keep our coin! You’re just letting them take it! You are a disgrace to the honorable men of the Republic!”

“Idiot! Look outside!” Erin Quill gestured wildly. “You see that protest? It’ll be a thousand times worse if the Cherub notes get out. What good will your honorable men be when the entire city comes to burn our buildings down, eh?”

Padelheb grinned like a jackal. “Well, then having a bright but antisocial scientist in custody to blame it all on will be a serious help, no?”

Erin Quill grew red in the face. “You are seriously considering-”

“Oh, it will be easy. After all, it was your research into the neurochemical nature of sentience that sparked this project in the first place. Just a few memos changed, a couple gram of silver passed here and there, and it’ll be oh so obvious that Erin Quill, wormhole engineer, was the driving force behind the perversion of our children! Ooh!”

“And, I suppose, you’ll be the hero-”

“Oh?” Padelheb said. “I’ll just be the nice, humble Guardian of the State, doing what has to be done and removing treachery from the highest levels of our government.”

“And then?” Quill inquired.

“And then I'll lead our men to victory and get our secrets and money back, obviously,” he answered. “The payment will be removed. Those people you've caught will be instantly arrested rather than being allowed to continue their devious plots.”

“It'll blow up in your face. You can't get the money back without them spilling the secrets.”

Padelheb chuckled again, his moustache lifting a bit. “You have no idea what I can and can't do, Erin. You're so woefully limited. So… constrained to your principles and your loyalties. No ambition. No desire to move up.”

“That's right. I don't partake in your games of greed and deceit,” Quill spat in answer. “So what do you want?”

“What do I want? I don't want anything. I'm just a devoted servant of the Republic.” Padelheb smiled again. “But it's come to my attention that the old King has no male descendants, so he'll have to appoint a successor.”

“So you want the throne,” Quill concluded.

“And what better way to get into the old King’s favor than to root out scum and corruption from inside the Republic?” Padelheb asked.

“He won't allow this.”

“He's already allowed this,” Padelheb shot back. “He's old, sick, and tired. Isn't it lucky that he has a trustworthy advisor beside him to warn of threats to his role from within?”

Erin thumped his head into his palm. “You have no idea of what's out there waiting for you. I do. You haven't seen the threats I've seen. The cities will burn and the people will die. Secrets, shadows, and horrors that will tear apart the Republic. Take me out, and it'll be chaos everywhere.”

“Chaos is a ladder, Erin,” Padelheb answered. “The people will endure. Most importantly, they'll give their thanks to me.”

Erin Quill froze.

“I… I know what you are,” he stammered, almost whispering.

Padelheb continued to smirk. “I'm the future king of the South, boy,” he said in a condescending tone.

“Not that, you old nutter,” Erin shot back. “Goddamit! I know what you are, I know who you are and where you're from.”

“This would go a lot easier if you didn't ramble nonsense, Quill,” Padelheb said menacingly. He gestured to the guards and they began moving forward.

“You're from outside. You're an expy. An… an interdimensional refugee. A runaway across reality itself. Tried and convicted of your crimes in your home universe,” Erin Quill shouted, shaking as he spoke. “The madness whom even madmen hunt, the evil whom even demons fear, so vile and detestable that even the master of injustice could not resist but to give you what you deserved, God, why didn’t I see, why didn’t I see - Sir Tyro Padelheb. SIR TYRO PADELHEB. A-B-D-E-E-H-I-L-L-O-P-R-R-S-T-Y.  Lord Petyr Baelish.”

Padelheb’s confident smirk dropped a bit. “Take him away,” he growled at his guards. “He’s insane.”

The guards caught Quill by the arms. Padelheb stepped away to allow them to drag him to the door. He continued screaming at the tops of his lungs. “Abuser of women, betrayer of kings, manipulator of men, coward, traitor, liar, you will not crush my universe as you crushed your own. You will not tear my world apart like you tore apart yours. You were found out by those you tricked and killed so you ran sniveling, whimpering, over here, burying your past beneath your subconscious-” He jerked his head up and stared piercingly at Padelheb, staring beyond Padelheb, beyond the finely made coat and cruel black eyes, toward the very essence of the man and the threads that held him to this reality. “You have not seen the last of Erin Quill. I will bring you to justice. I will reveal your crimes before everyone else, just as they have been revealed once before. I will find you, Littlefinger. I will hunt you down. And when I do, the fires that you will burn in will make Erebus look like a cakewalk. You are going to burn, Sir Tyro Padelheb. You are going down. I will bring you down!”

As the guards dragged him away, he turned to say one last thing. “After all, Sansa Stark did it, so how hard can it be?”

Then he was gone.

Padelheb stood alone in the room for a few more minutes, musing on what he had just heard, before returning to his quarters.

You have lost control of events in Antarctica.

Jacob Eldin has just gotten the soldier that helped him captured. He drifts alone, up and down the coast, wondering what to do next.

Anna Drimoxi has just watched her grandfather and friend get killed on the beaches next to her. She is alone and despondent, questioning her dedication to her past and her mission.

Andrew Calvin is captured, strapped to a chair inside the nightmarish secret base of the Republic. As mind-altering toxins wash through his system, he tries to hang on to one thought - I love Anna Drimoxi. I love her.

Riots dominate the streets of the South. Buildings are stoned and windows shattered. A dark presence manipulates the emotions of the crowd, playing the people of the Republic for his own gain.

And deep within the castles of the Republic, Erin Quill has been deposed. In his place stands Tyro Pandelheb, a shrewd, ruthless man, cutting through his opposition like a sharpened knife. He is willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants - and he wants everything.

As light glints across the frozen waste of Antarctica and the South drags itself out of the long polar night, nobody knows the answer to one question: When will it end?

And who will be standing then?

And all the things I didn’t say | Wrecking balls inside my brain | I will scream them loud tonight | Can you hear my voice this time

SPAMOVERLORD
CHAPTER II:
ICE AND FIRE
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:18 pm »

What

the

fuck???????????

*I get out of the debris of the fourth wall but an interdimensional portal kills me again*

Hmmm... we "were" Erin who is us now?

The talking birds are in our hands here in Brasil? They already got counciousness? Do we have hands in africa/china/whatever country in south? Now our job is to become as treacherous as him and get our job back in an covert civil war?

Hmm, he will probably screw things over trying to get rebels, because it look like he don't have the fourth wall vision,

Now maybe it's time to make the "fake rebels" really exist and their mission is to "clean the republic of corrupts and people who want to destroy order." If we do that we can get profit and praise from anything we do.

Yes I am suggesting creating a government-controlled rebellion, Lets see if little finger can pull strings better than bay12forums.

We will discover the fabrics behind what brought he here, and we will create wormholes to other dimensions, Earth is not the objective anymore...
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 27, 2017, 02:25:51 pm »

This is my fight song!

So we're pulling from other universes now? Two can play at that game.

It's time for Erin to grow into his namesake, as well.

It's time for him to catalyze.

(Note: I'll be giving detail later. To put it simply: Skafoi and Metatropi focus.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2017, 03:14:50 pm »

This is my fight song!

So we're pulling from other universes now? Two can play at that game.

It's time for Erin to grow into his namesake, as well.

It's time for him to catalyze.

(Note: I'll be giving detail later. To put it simply: Skafoi and Metatropi focus.)

Wait... you intend to make Erin an interdimensional traveler too?

No. Nooooo. I actually have a few good reasons why I want him to be originating from this 'verse.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 27, 2017, 04:04:41 pm »

Huh? Nonono. The original Erin Quill is a guy I came up with as a hypothetical G:tT character I'd want to play as. Now we're making this Erin Quill catalyze so we can start getting new stuff done.

EDIT: Alright. Time to do a thing. Here's the book, if you care to follow along.

So, first off, Erin's a Hoffnung.
When some far-seeing scientists reach their Breakthrough, they catch a glimpse of the world As It Could Be. Buoyed with hope of making the world a better place (for their definition of "better") they set to work, filled with frantic energy, to achieve their vision. From honorable captains of industry who work to place a fusion-powered car in every garage, to lunatics eager to replace "undesirables" with pliant robot slaves, the Hoffnungs dream of a world fundamentally changed by the fruits of their Inspiration.
A Hoffnung is defined by hope for a better tomorrow―whatever they call "better," of course. Their attempts to transform the world define them. Hoffnungs are, of all geniuses, those most determined to make their wonders "work" for regular people, and they are often the most proficient at creating objects of mundane science and technology. Whether building wonders, messing around with mundane technology, or looking to "adjust" human society to make it more amenable to the genius' vision, the Principalities are always defined by what they are doing, at any given moment, to make the world they imagine into reality.
Favored Axiom: Metaptropi, the Axiom of Transformation. Principalities are masters of changing the physical world, bending it to conform to what they want to see.

Derangement: Narcissism. Even the kindest Hoffnung, deep down, believes that he is entirely right and correct, making him dangerous to those who cross him.
Ergo, by default, we have Metaptropi, the science of holograms and transformations, as one of our three main axioms. If we were dealing with my personal Erin Quill, this would be mainly seen via his implants that allow him to move in and out of phase - essentially shifting between a ghost-like form and solid reality - and his gun that turns its targets into solid steel (only for a day, though; he's humane). Our Erin may obtain these eventually, but the former is very high-tier, while the latter is simply not what we need right now.

I'm not quite sure what Merits to give Quill; we can work that out later.

Our second specialized axiom is Skafoi, the science of travel, be it boats, planes, teleporters, or, you guessed it, wormholes. Unfortunately, it is not until Skafoi 4 that we get teleporters; mole machines, however, are permitted at the entry level of Skafoi 2, though they can't really move through metal.

Level 2 Metaptropi, however, is able to transform one material into another - say, stone into dust. Here is where the tensor method comes in - an item that I am, without regrets, stealing from the Reckoners books. Specifically, it can be used on inanimate objects (no people, mate) and turn them into dust (well, it tears it apart into dust; wood becomes sawdust, stone becomes normal dust, etc., and you do not want to breathe it in); with greater control over it, it is possible to carve out usable items with it (say, a sword).
A pair of tensor gloves are going to be our first wonder. They're melee range only, but we don't need anything more than that.
A wonder of Metaptropi can be built that turns a target into only one material (or one type of creature). This grants a +2 bonus when using the wonder.

After this, we have 5 more choices for our 3rd specialty: Apokalypsi (scanners, mind-reading and telepathy, etc.), Katastrofi (weapons, just every type of weapon you can imagine), Prostasia (defensive anything; includes force fields, though not offensively), Exelixi (improvement in any form, though beware of Mengele-type stuff), Epikrato (control, be it mind control, probability control, or telekinesis), and Automata (robots, clones, and anything else that can act on its own; includes uplifts).
I'm personally partial to Erin having Epikrato as his third axiom, but I'm thinking you guys can think on it yourselves.

If you guys want to try to decide on anything else, the handbook is linked above. Just a note: Erin is a Rogue, because there just plain are no Lemuria or Peerage organizations for him to join.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:26:13 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 28, 2017, 08:35:41 am »

This is so beautiful that I almost feel bad about blowing it out of the water.

You’re talking about using abilities from another universe, right? Sadly, by my rules of interdimensional transit the answer is no. You can view other universes, even move between them - but pulling universal rules from another story in order to upgrade yourself. No, no, NO.

Padelheb, by the way, isn’t an actual interdimensional refugee. Quill was wrong. Padelheb is just an Expy. That is, he’s a man born in the SPAMOVERLORD universe with the exact motives, personality, mannerisms, and appearance of Petyr Baelish as he appears on the Game of Thrones TV show.

Aside from “contradicts my canon” there are a few reasons why I won’t allow using powers from G:tT:

• Genius is sort of a fringe thing that not all of our players might know. Introducing Game of Thrones was already a big hand-wring, but GoT appears to be a big thing in fiction these days.
  • I haven’t personally heard much about Genius. Now, this might sound narcissistic (and probably is) but the fact remains that if I’m not interested in it, I can’t write a good crossover.
  • Using Catalyst powers would totally trash the theme of SPAMOVERLORD. Unique people with special powers? Leveling up and a few people changing the world? It's exactly the kind of action fiction that I'm trying to parody. Erin Quill is the real hero of this story, but he fights with logic and thought, not insane inspiration and otherworldly power. I know that Catalysts work by science, but if it's extraordinary leaps by a few special people that's not science, that's magic.
TLDR: NO. Erin being a Catalyst would shred a lot of SPAMOVERLORD aspects that I've been working on and would like to keep working on. You cannot move powers between universes.

Frankly, though, I'm kinda amazed by how closely our images of Erin match up. I know that you specifically requested teleports, but while fleshing out his character I actually concluded that he's motivated by an intense desire to better the rest of the world. And that he's somewhat egotistical and always thinks he's right. (He usually is)

I guess that the Catalysts categories are just a set of characteristics that easily lead to each other, and that you've been slightly influencing my image of Erin as the game went, so it's not that spectacular, but it's still interesting!

I'll make sure there's a GtT crossover at some point. Just not the main focus of the game. If / when you get interdimensional portals you are also free to dial it up.

Now to other questions.

Like I've said, Padelheb is “just” an Expy, not an interdimensional traveler.

You, the players, inhabit Erin Quill and anyone still loyal to him. That means Wenton Celling for now. So I actually want suggestions for what to ask or do to the prisoners now. Refer to the list of brainwashing compounds I posted a while ago.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:40 am »

...[grumble grumble] catalyzing is the process of becoming a Genius, he isn't a Catalyst [/grumble grumble]...

Anyway, fine. I just happen to like stealing rules from alternate realities, no matter what it is I'm dealing with. Ask me about the Realmverse at some point if you want details on that.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 28, 2017, 10:22:11 am »

Any suggestions for just how to interrogate / brainwash Andrew Calvin and Sam Drimoxi?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 28, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »

Sam with truth serum:

Break his will asking why he tought it was a good idea to destroy entire cities for his sake

What were his motivations for rebellion

Show where he worked before, where is his lab where is his hidding spots

What he knows about adantesite, what was his next step

and the end of the game, where he will cry to not talk, where he thinks anna will go

Andrew see with serum again what he thinks of anna/ rebellion/ sam and republic and invert those symptons, repeat and see if he is still resisting in something.

Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 28, 2017, 06:09:06 pm »

WTF IS GOING ON HERE.

who are we now?

what's the current canon

and what are our options?

ugh. What have you done?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 28, 2017, 06:11:17 pm »

WTF IS GOING ON HERE.

who are we now?

what's the current canon

ugh. What have you done?

Everything. Enjoy, suckers!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 28, 2017, 09:21:40 pm »

WTF IS GOING ON HERE.

who are we now?

what's the current canon

ugh. What have you done?

THE CHAOS!! LET'S START A REBELLION AGAINST THE CONSPIRACY TO  SAVE THE REPUBLIC, SHALL WE USE THIS SILLY ATTEMPT OF COUP TO GET MORE POWAAAAAAA

hmm,

1. Does Ceilling knows about the situation of Erin Quill? In game or because of the fourth wall?

2. The parrots,How much of the 13 hours has passed?( I think i forgot to ask)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:30:09 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 28, 2017, 09:29:13 pm »

THE CHAOS!! LET'S START A REBELLION AGAINST THE CONSPIRACY TO SAVE THE REPUBLIC, SHALL WE USE THIS SILLY ATTEMPT OF COUP TO GET MORE POWAAAAAAA
No Omada, you are the conspiracy to save the Republic.
(And tehn Omada was the conspiracy to save the Republic)

But seriously, we're the good guy not-terrible guy here.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 29, 2017, 08:57:42 am »

WTF IS GOING ON HERE.

who are we now?

what's the current canon

ugh. What have you done?

THE CHAOS!! LET'S START A REBELLION AGAINST THE CONSPIRACY TO  SAVE THE REPUBLIC, SHALL WE USE THIS SILLY ATTEMPT OF COUP TO GET MORE POWAAAAAAA

hmm,

1. Does Ceilling knows about the situation of Erin Quill? In game or because of the fourth wall?

2. The parrots,How much of the 13 hours has passed?( I think i forgot to ask)

Oh god, I've reduced my players to babbling gibberish.

Celling (his name is CELLING, as in Cell phone, Call-ing) will soon know as a fast mail ship is carrying word. Quill left a bunch of little plots to go off if he was hit by a coup, including hiding all his notes, burning down his laboratory, and making sure that word got out instantly.

The parrots hit sentience yesterday. They’re in Antarctica.

Now to question Sam:

When Samael Drimoxi woke up, he was lying on a hospital bed, alone.

He tried to move his feet and found them bound to the bed. There was a table with a variety of surgical instruments to his left and some life-support machinery to the right.

Wenton Celling pulls open the curtain at the front and steps in. He rolls a chair over to Mr. Drimoxi’s bed and sits down beside the old man.

“You’re lucky to be alive,” he says. “As you may have guessed, you’ve been captured by the Republic of the South.”

Samael coughs. “I know you’re going to make me tell you everything I know, but just tell me one thing. Did Anna get away?”

Wenton Celling sighs and closes his eyes. Concentrating, ge sends a piercing glare up the levels of thought and metathought and through the fourth wall.

What do we tell him?” he asks.

A: “Yes, your granddaughter escaped.” (True)
B: “She has been captured as well and is being held elsewhere.”
C: “She was also shot and we were unable to save her.”
D: “I’m sure you’ll understand that I cannot tell you that.”
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 203