Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287768 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1140 on: January 12, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »

Aaaaannnddd celling is dead? GREAT.

*Unknown-feeling-between-laughter-and-frustation Facepalm*

Losing is fun, whatever.

Just because yes

last turn my controlled mook was MEDITATING while floating

Don't need to roll, but whatever.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 12, 2018, 09:37:10 pm »

He's not dead.

Load up on your D&D rules, crossover city here we come.

What gate?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 13, 2018, 11:04:00 am »

Martin Luther King day is coming up, so I’ll dedicate the next arc to MLK and anyone else that got themselves shot risked their lives while defending freedom and equality. The human capacity for evil is infinite, but the human capacity for good is uncountably infinite.

Lieutenant Ernest “Maximum” Spin raised his foot over the crystal of the Key of Taloc.

Strategist Roboson saw this from the floor, sprawled over Denis. “NO!” he shouted.

Spin brings his foot down.

The stone shatters.

There was a deafening silence.

Then the crystal explodes and a wave of searing psychic force washes through the base, billows of red light thundering down the hallways.

Everything goes black.

When they wake up there’s medics all around them.

“What… what happened?” asks Roboson.

Around him, KJP and Denis are being loaded onto stretchers. Two people are helping Merrowitz up.

“An explosion of some kind knocked you all out,” one of the medics says. “Big ball of red light.”

Merrowitz realizes something suddenly. “The Key! Celling! He’s-”

“I’m all right,” says Celling, standing up slowly.

Merrowitz looked at him. “What?”

“I’m fine. Boonering was lying. Through his teeth,” Celling repeats. “I got a good look at the inner workings of the Key and his mind when he attacked me. Erasure does not need to be controlled by the Key, but it does need it for energy. When you smashed the power crystal, the spell fizzled.”

Roboson gets up as well. “Wait, what about Spin?” he asks, looking around.

“We took him away first. But it seems that his entire brain was erased in the blast. He isn’t physically harmed, but he’s mentally dead.”

“He was the closest,” KJP mentions. Denis gets up besides him. “If anyone died in that explosion, it would be him.”

The medics grabbed him. “Come on now,” one says. “You need to get away from the vortex as soon as possible.”

“Vortex?” asked KJP.

“What’s the vortex?” asks Celling.

The medic points at the door. They all looks.

The door had been blown off its hinges and a section of the wall had cracked open into a huge hole. The fragments of the Key of Taloc crystal lay underneath it. And in the hole, suspended in midair, was a blazing red bolt of energy, a splotch of psychic force and sheer wrong the size of a refrigerator. Its edges were covered with jagged protrusions, like cracks in a camera lens, and the inside swirled furiously with different shades of red.

“What… is that?” Roboson asks.

“It formed when Spin smashed the stone,” explains the medic.

“Is it enlarging?” Celling asks worriedly.

“Slowly. By centimeters since we got here,” the medic answers. “Might be dangerous, though. We’d better get away before-”

“Wait,” says Roboson. “Something’s changing.”

Something indeed was changing. The chaotic mess of hues of red, once rushing in all directions, now organized into a swirl around a central point. And in that central point, a single speck of blue glistened.

“Do you see-” begins Celling.

“I see that,” says Merrowitz.

The speck grew larger and larger. A whirring sound is now audible from the rift, as well as the crackling it was giving off earlier.

“Back away!” one of the medics says. “It’s about to do something!”

The whirring grows deafening.

The speck of blue continues to expand, and the onlookers realize that it is not a speck, but a whole new world - a shattered fragment of a totally different scene, rushing towards them.

They hear an echo, a thought so bright and so caustic, distorted through its passage through the tunnel and through layers of contradiction, carried on by the will of its owner for it to be heard.

“I, Miko Miyazaki, now fulfil the divine destiny that the Twelve Gods have-”

With a silent crash, the scene, draped in blue, smashes into the edges of the rift, suddenly turning the vortex into a window to an alien world.

“What gate?”
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:49:56 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 13, 2018, 12:50:48 pm »

"Well, that's something."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 13, 2018, 12:55:32 pm »

"Well, that's something."

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR.

Start thinking of ways we could convince Miko/Hinjo/Soon that we are the good guys, or ways we could benefit from this event.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 14, 2018, 01:04:10 am »

Offer tech and stuff to rebuild what the portal destroyed

Tell her that we got in a fight with a guy with an weird mind-blowing crystal

Get info and share some about our worlds

Explain that we are occupied because we are dealing with the worst of the worst and if she want's to talk with our peasants she needs to wait till us deal with a mass murderer of sorts.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 14, 2018, 09:48:43 am »

Offer tech and stuff to rebuild what the portal destroyed

Tell her that we got in a fight with a guy with an weird mind-blowing crystal

Get info and share some about our worlds

Explain that we are occupied because we are dealing with the worst of the worst and if she want's to talk with our peasants she needs to wait till us deal with a mass murderer of sorts.
Erm, Miko is not exactly the best person for us to talk to. We're the (designated) Evil Empire; she's the worst example of Lawful Stupid and Knight Templar you've likely ever seen in a paladin.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:03 am »

She should already be dead, anyway.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 14, 2018, 11:22:58 am »

She should already be dead, anyway.

The dimensional vortex absorbed the energy of the Soon's Gate explosion, Miko's alive and kicking... people.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 14, 2018, 11:24:35 am »

So does this mean that Soon's ghost could have finished killing Xykon? You should probably specify the ramifications of this for the setting.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 14, 2018, 11:34:56 am »

So does this mean that Soon's ghost could have finished killing Xykon? You should probably specify the ramifications of this for the setting.

At the precise moment that Miko shatters the Gate, it turns into a portal to our world. Soon's still distracted.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 14, 2018, 11:38:13 am »

Merrowitz stares into the rift.

Inside the rift, a girl dressed in grey armor and a flowing cloak, wielding a curved, shining sword, looks back.

“What…” says Miko, her mouth agape. “This… this cannot-”

“Well, guess what, it very well is,” says KJP sardonically.

“I… I destroyed the gate…” Miko stammers, “What… What is this?”

“I know as little as you do, girl,” says Merrowitz. She steps forwards. “The destruction of a powerful artifact seems to have blown open a gateway to your world.”

“The gods… the gods meant for me to-”

“The gods can be wrong,” said Celling.

Miko lowers her eyes for a moment. Merrowitz steps closer. “What happened in your world? What did you do to-”

“NO!” screams Miko, striking suddenly at Merrowitz with O-Chul’s blade. Merrowitz raises her own sword and parries the strike deftly, taking a step back, stunned by the sudden ferocity of Miko’s attack.

“The gods would never forsake me!” Miko screams, aiming a stunning kick at Merrowitz. The general jumps out of the way and answers with a thrust of her sword.

“That implies they were with you to begin with!” shouts Roboson.

Miko grits her teeth. “You are the Snarl, an evil disguise of the god-killing abomnation! I am Miko Miyazaki, chosen one of the Twelve Gods, champion of the Sapphire Guard, heir of Soon Kim. Enemies of Azure City, you will die by my blade!”

“Do you not grasp the simple concept that we have no idea what you’re talking about?” asks Celling.

“Less talking, more shooting this madwoman!” hisses Merrowitz, deflecting another blow of Miko’s sword. The blades clang together in a flash of steel.

Miko continues rambling. “This is my final test! I am fated to defeat the Snarl!”

“You’re literally rambling nonsense,” says Merrowitz. Miko thrust at her and she whirled out of the way. “I have heard of no Snarl, nor the Sapphire Guard or Azure City.”

“The Twelve Gods surely must want me here, or they would not have allowed me to destroy the gate!” screeches Miko, furiously slashing at Merrowitz.

“I mean,” says Merrowitz, “I’m not sure how it’s like in your world, but our gods rarely intervene in the affairs of mortals.”

“There’s Acter,” points out Celling, fumbling for his pistol.

ACTER ISN’T A THING!” screams Merrowitz. (Acter, God of Improvement, is a fringe religious movement in Antarctica) She sweeps her sword low and Miko deflects it.

BOOM! BOOM!

Two shots ring out.

Two bullets catch Merrowitz in her back, right above her heart.

She gasps, jerks violently, and collapses lifeless to the ground.

Fredrik Boonering lies, crippled, against the wall, holding Celling’s gun.

His mouth distorts into a small smile.

KJP, Roboson, and Smoke whip out their pistols and shoot him full of bullets. Celling rushes to Merrowitz’s side and takes her pulse.

He stares up at Miko. “Never too soon to reveal that you have some sort of insta-healing thing,” he says.

“That was a horrendous pun,” says the spirit of Soon Kim, drifting through the rift.

Now, post dialogue to explain to the people from the portal what’s going on and try and secure an alliance or something. This serves as a negotiation test, and also is an exposition circus for those that didn’t actually read OOTS.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 14, 2018, 12:12:43 pm »

• First off, welcome to South America.
  • Second, we just got into a fight with a psion. He's the guy that just shot Merrowitz. Presumably, he's dead now. When we smashed the crystal that let him do his psion stuff, this whole portal thing happened. We don't really know what was involved on your side.
  • Third, the most immediate issue we've got is that there's rebels around... somewhere. We happen to be the people in charge here, and they don't like us. Also, what they want to do would end up blowing up an entire continent and all the people on it, which we understandably don't like.
  • Additionally, we're technically just one layer of a larger organization. The current top guy took out the old top guy a couple days ago by framing him for treason, despite the fact that the old top guy was really just trying to make sure Bad StuffTM didn't happen. We're still loyal to the old top guy.
  • Finally, oracles have two things to say: one, old top guy is supposed to escape from prison in 2 days. Two, new top guy is going to put some death stuff here after our guy gets out. From what we know, it avoids anyone purely from the main continent, but anyone that's even partly South American dies if they catch it. We're currently trying to figure out ways to minimize the death toll, or stop the disease if at all possible.
  • Addendum: our old top guy shatters the timeline whenever he's in the area. If we can get him here quickly, we believe that we can stop the disease outright.

Queries:
  • What's the situation on your side?
  • Who's the ghost?
  • Could you please explain what it is you thought was on the other side of the portal?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:15:18 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 14, 2018, 12:14:30 pm »

• Second, we just got into a fight with a psion. He's the guy that just shot Merrowitz. Presumably, he's dead now. When the smashed the crystal that let him do his psion stuff, this whole portal thing happened. We don't really know what was involved on your side.
  • Third, the most immediate issue we've got is that there's rebels around... somewhere. We happen to be the people in charge here, and they don't like us. Also, what they want to do would end up blowing up and entire continent and all the people on it, which we understandably don't like.
  • Additionally, we're technically just one layer of a larger organization. The current top guy took out the old top guy a couple days ago by framing him for treason, despite the fact that the old top guy was really just trying to make sure Bad StuffTM didn't happen. We're still loyal to the old top guy.
  • Finally, oracles have two things to say: one, old top guy is supposed to escape from prison in 2 days. Two, new top guy is going to put some death stuff here after our guy gets out. From what we know, it avoids anyone purely from the main continent, but anyone that's even partly South American dies if they catch it. We're currently trying to figure out ways to minimize the death toll, or stop the disease if at all possible.
  • Addendum: our old top guy shatters the timeline whenever he's in the area. If we can get him here quickly, we believe that we can stop the disease outright.

Queries:
  • Who's the ghost?
  • Could you please explain what it is you thought was on the other side of the portal?

I'll take a +1

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1154 on: January 14, 2018, 03:42:45 pm »

• Second, we just got into a fight with a psion. He's the guy that just shot Merrowitz. Presumably, he's dead now. When the smashed the crystal that let him do his psion stuff, this whole portal thing happened. We don't really know what was involved on your side.
  • Third, the most immediate issue we've got is that there's rebels around... somewhere. We happen to be the people in charge here, and they don't like us. Also, what they want to do would end up blowing up and entire continent and all the people on it, which we understandably don't like.

Queries:
  • Who's the ghost?

I'll take a +1
+1

"Only Acter can save us now!", KJP whispers.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 203