Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282689 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1350 on: April 06, 2018, 08:56:46 am »

A
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 06, 2018, 01:49:31 pm »

Erin left SOMETHING behind on brazil? At least, a bit of DNA? we can do A and get rid of these fuckers

we have many more allies there than in antartica, we can send a piece of belongings from Quill to the fantasyland that we are giving weapons to resurrect him

WAIT

but the wormhole isn't in Brazil, it's going to England right now it might be on the mid of the ocean, just a bunch of people will die and a fuckton of maritime life maybe creating a portal to I don't know, warcraft nagas
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 06, 2018, 01:55:42 pm »

If Antarctica explodes, the story moves to the rebels trying to get civilization in order in Brazil. Since Celling's superiors will be dead, he'll have nothing holding him to stay loyal to the (in this scenario, dead) Republic, so he's free to join the good guys. Therefore, Blue can't actually have the wormhole explode if we shift all the mass to Antarctica.

The question is, can we convince Erin to let the wormhole explode in exchange for breaking the story and letting him be remembered by history as the one who tore down this corrupt and monstrous empire?
For that matter, let's see if he can figure out a way to make sure that the explosion doesn't spill over to any other inhabited locations. Either center it at the south pole, or make sure that the only place it spills out to is open ocean.

Blue, can we get a map of the southern hemisphere, where its cities are, where the wormhole's ends are, and the radius of the explosion?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:00:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 06, 2018, 02:16:38 pm »

Nope, the republic will be dead but the rebels will try to install a monarchy

We could either try to create our own monarchy or a military dictatorship (in this case, thinking about the actual scenario of our politics here in Brazil it will be unfortunately likely to our real world and fictional world government type to match hehuehusahusahasheuasheuah I don't know why I am laughing I should be thinking in a way to leave the country without money -q)

or try to recover the republic, but THEIR monarchy... hmmm they're isn't exactly heroes, if we make them sign a treaty giving us a fuckton of liberty/power and a parliamentarian monarchy where the royal family will be only a beautiful bullshit it is still worthy

rebels stop being heroes but not turn quite in villians, they live ever after ever, the overlord empire continues with it's capital in south america and return to expand it's borders

new heroes emerge to prevent global domination
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:07 pm »

~Cue Celling and the parrot~

But seriously, if they do that stuff, then we've got a perfect in to setting up our guys as the good guys.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 09, 2018, 10:49:36 am »

Erin left SOMETHING behind on brazil? At least, a bit of DNA? we can do A and get rid of these fuckers

we have many more allies there than in antartica, we can send a piece of belongings from Quill to the fantasyland that we are giving weapons to resurrect him

Resurrecting Erin? That's literally something I didn't think of.

I mean, it should work. I think it’s agreed upon that you can Resurrection off any tiny bit of a person. DNA might be too small, but people have said that eyebrows or finger bones are enough. OOTS has people capable of running a resurrection, as they resurrect Roy later on. They do need a certain quantity of diamonds but we’re funding them (and a gold piece isn’t that much) so that won’t be a problem. And if you were wondering, the trans-universal power rules I’m using don’t forbid such a thing. Resurrection is a power that targets every living thing, including those in our universe, while our universe has no specific rule banning resurrection - so their rules work. The only thing I could see as a quibble is the “soul must be free and willing” clause, since I don’t have anything like an afterlife worked out in this universe, but I could gloss over that. This would have the additional fun consequence of constructing New Quill entirely out of the OOTS-verse’s matter, meaning that he’ll be vulnerable to special attacks and aid from the OOTS universe but resistant to supernatural assault from our universe.

but the wormhole isn't in Brazil, it's going to England right now it might be on the mid of the ocean, just a bunch of people will die and a fuckton of maritime life maybe creating a portal to I don't know, warcraft nagas

No such luck. Remember, the wormhole apparatus is huge, consumes power like a pig, and was never designed to be moved. It’s still being loaded onto the ship, which is docked at Santiago.

If Antarctica explodes, the story moves to the rebels trying to get civilization in order in Brazil. Since Celling's superiors will be dead, he'll have nothing holding him to stay loyal to the (in this scenario, dead) Republic, so he's free to join the good guys. Therefore, Blue can't actually have the wormhole explode if we shift all the mass to Antarctica.

I would advise you not to guess what I will and will not do especially because I was indeed not going to have the wormhole explode, but am now tempted to invert that.

The question is, can we convince Erin to let the wormhole explode in exchange for breaking the story and letting him be remembered by history as the one who tore down this corrupt and monstrous empire?
For that matter, let's see if he can figure out a way to make sure that the explosion doesn't spill over to any other inhabited locations. Either center it at the south pole, or make sure that the only place it spills out to is open ocean.

Blue, can we get a map of the southern hemisphere, where its cities are, where the wormhole's ends are, and the radius of the explosion?

Okay, so I haven’t found out exactly where Antarctica City is, but I can say that the amount of visible and thermal radiation off the wormhole burst will completely destroy the city, and the gamma rays will sterilize a large part of the continent, but there is no danger to any other continent. It won’t even inject radioactive isotopes into the atmosphere because it’s not a nuclear blast - there won’t be any fission, just pure emission of gamma rays. The safety of other continents is mostly just due to the Earth’s curvature - the rock of the crust itself is good at shielding against gamma rays.

Also note that two point seven MILLION people live on Antarctica, so letting the thing explode is NOT an option. And as I’ve said, thanks to Glass correctly guessing that I won’t actually let the wormhole explode, I will actually consider having the wormhole explode.

Nope, the republic will be dead but the rebels will try to install a monarchy

We could either try to create our own monarchy or a military dictatorship (in this case, thinking about the actual scenario of our politics here in Brazil it will be unfortunately likely to our real world and fictional world government type to match hehuehusahusahasheuasheuah I don't know why I am laughing I should be thinking in a way to leave the country without money -q)

or try to recover the republic, but THEIR monarchy... hmmm they're isn't exactly heroes, if we make them sign a treaty giving us a fuckton of liberty/power and a parliamentarian monarchy where the royal family will be only a beautiful bullshit it is still worthy

rebels stop being heroes but not turn quite in villians, they live ever after ever, the overlord empire continues with it's capital in south america and return to expand it's borders

I feel as if the plot would find some way to blame the Republic for the destruction of Antarctica, and turn this into a “the world is ended get revenge on the people that destroyed it” plot.

~Cue Celling and the parrot~

But seriously, if they do that stuff, then we've got a perfect in to setting up our guys as the good guys.

Which I will oppose with all my power, because that means changing the general theme of the game, and changing the theme of the game has almost/possibly lost me one player already.

Next week: The truth about David Eborrenial! wuh jkb xskbkle fsy bvyro h wpyyix ilwwlcl xzk
clavis est rota
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 09, 2018, 11:04:59 am »

You are terrible at hiding links, Blue.

So, you are now considering exploding Antarctica. Now what?

EDIT: Welcome, everyone, to Codebreakers Central. In this week’s episode, “wuh jkb xskbkle fsy bvyro h wpyyix ilwwlcl xzk
clavis est rota”.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:06:52 am by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 09, 2018, 11:11:57 am »

You are terrible at hiding links, Blue.

So, you are now considering exploding Antarctica. Now what?

EDIT: Welcome, everyone, to Codebreakers Central. In this week’s episode, “wuh jkb xskbkle fsy bvyro h wpyyix ilwwlcl xzk
clavis est rota”.

Explain what you're saying, please. I know that you're able to detect these messages. I don't do them to hide it, I do it so that it seems as if they're specifically addressed at you.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 09, 2018, 11:16:53 am »

So let's chose C and try to save everything

if the wormhole explode on both sides will be game over for EVERYONE

for us, for the rebels for little finger

for megallan

for david and goonswarm

and oh, we have other wormholes in antartica right? comunicating with china and some bases on africa

doesn't mean that with the wormhole explosion it will explode the other wormholes and create a chain effect of doom?

if yes, and my sadistic mind is hoping for YES, it will mean

Game over for zulu or something

game over for zing shu xuan or something

and let the earth twist and make Europe understand absolutely nothing when they find empty cities with alien  tech

no silk road

no slavery on Americas

the most !!FUN!! outcome possible
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 09, 2018, 11:17:50 am »

So let's chose C and try to save everything

if the wormhole explode on both sides will be game over for EVERYONE

for us, for the rebels for little finger

for megallan

for david and goonswarm

and oh, we have other wormholes in antartica right? comunicating with china and some bases on africa

doesn't mean that with the wormhole explosion it will explode the other wormholes and create a chain effect of doom?

if yes, and my sadistic mind is hoping for YES, it will mean

Game over for zulu or something

game over for zing shu xuan or something

and let the earth twist and make Europe understand absolutely nothing when they find empty cities with alien  tech

no silk road

no slavery on Americas

the most !!FUN!! outcome possible

Mutual assured destruction is a thing that you can try. And we have no other wormholes. And a wormhole blast would obliterate EVERYTHING in our city, much like a nuke.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:21 am »

*Laughing maniacally*

C!! C!! C!!
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 09, 2018, 11:26:44 am »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 09, 2018, 11:28:41 am »

Also, would any of you like to revise your votes regarding David Eborrenial? Right now we're unanimous for A0, "Confront him."

Note that Glass is right; he's a prophet, the longer you let him live the longer he has to predict your attack and avoid it.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 10, 2018, 05:03:52 pm »

Wenton Celling is currently guarding the ships of the dock, so he radios back telling the soldiers at the shore to corner David Eborrenial and demand answers.

A few minutes later David's voice comes over the radio. “Yes?”

“David?” says Celling.

“Thought I'd explain directly instead of going through middlemen so I asked for a communicator. What's this about?”

“You gave information to our enemies,” Celling said. “Do you deny it?”

“Oh,” he says. “You've found out about that little conversation with Anna, eh?”

“So you did consult with the rebels?”

“My reason is the one you'd expect,” David says. “Data collection. By seeing how they responded I can improve my prediction of the future.”

“You told him the location of the wormhole!”

“I didn't! I didn't know that it'd be there! I just knew that telling them that would get a response out of them! I had no idea if it was true or not, or if they'd actually do anything! A good fraction of the timelines ended in you capturing them, you know.”

“And why didn't you tell us this when you met us?”

David sighs. “I wanted to get some sort of results from it. See what they would do. Telling you would have reduced the divergence in timelines and would mean I can't narrow it down as much.”

“You’re still playing your games? Do you have any idea how dangerous a wormhole explosion would-”

“I know, I know!” protests David. “But I didn't realize at the moment. When I was talking to Jacob I thought that it would do one of those vacuum type things where it just sits around as a black hole and pulls in a lot of stuff.”

“And what changed?” asks Celling.

“I had a moment of what you would probably call Fridge Horror,” he says. “I realized some hours later that a black hole destabilization would actually obliterate Argentina and thus Jacob Eldin became a threat warranting direct intervention. This, along with the plague situation, drove me to open communication with you.”

“So you are now-”

“Using everything in my power to stop Jacob, yes,” says David.

“And as to everything in your power,” says Celling. “You seem to be making very certain predictions now, whereas before you could only give chances. Care to elaborate on that?”

“Well, firstly, predictions are much better when in the short term, hours rather than days,” he answers. “I'm not as sure as I may seem, and you might notice that my suggestions sometimes make things worse. And I’ve also collected more information as to the timeline we are in, from you and the rebels. And to that end, where exactly did you get these accusations? That could narrow it a bit.”

What do you tell him? Note that the fact I'm giving you a choice at all may or may not indicate that telling him the truth has negative consequences
A: “It was Goonswarm. They told us to turn on you.” (true)
B: “I'm sorry, David, but after that little episode we don't trust you enough to give you more information.”
C: “It was delivered anonymously. We don't know who sent it.”
D: “These accusations are our own. We found out about the conversation by our own sources.”
E: Say a code word through the radio to get the soldiers on the shore to shoot.
F: Something else...
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 203