Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282690 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: David Must Go
« Reply #1530 on: May 20, 2018, 11:19:58 am »

I would vote B

but I also fear that they were expecting this

C

I thought for a second that he discovered the fourth wall, a script that must be followed
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 20, 2018, 12:40:03 pm »

I would vote B

but I also fear that they were expecting this

C

I thought for a second that he discovered the fourth wall, a script that must be followed

The fourth wall is like Antarctica. Protinam calculations assume no further input based upon fourth-wall manipulation. Thus, for example, your actions might be able to avert the plague, if you use tropes and stuff to do it, but if you use "native," in story actions it can't.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 20, 2018, 12:44:14 pm »

your actions might be able to avert the plague, if you use tropes and stuff to do it
Is that so? :D

Sounds like it's time to Find The Cure!
...well, when we have time for that, that is.

But anyway, maybe there's an Improbably Antidote? A Panacea we can find?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:48:09 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 20, 2018, 01:07:07 pm »

Erin quill can "easily" begin production of a Panacea while he is fooling little finger and trying to not explode everyone

and then use it to boost our troops
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 20, 2018, 01:10:21 pm »

Okay, I didn't make it clear because I didn't figure it out - but David's predictions exclude you all. So they'll assume everyone acts as if they just behaved logically without player input. I do this, because otherwise I'd have to predict what you all would say and I can't do that.

And the plague is as contagious as measles but as deadly as Ebola - but only in Brazilians, Antarcticans are carriers. And this is a moderately realistic game. So there's likely no easy cure.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 20, 2018, 01:13:25 pm »

Okay, I didn't make it clear because I didn't figure it out - but David's predictions exclude you all. So they'll assume everyone acts as if they just behaved logically without player input. I do this, because otherwise I'd have to predict what you all would say and I can't do that.

And the plague is as contagious as measles but as deadly as Ebola - but only in Brazilians, Antarcticans are carriers. And this is a moderately realistic game. So there's likely no easy cure.
We understood what you meant.

And in this world, Tropes Are Tools - our tools. It doesn't matter if things "should" work somehow. What matters is how the tropes dictate they work.
Besides, with such an unrealistic disease, who cares if the cure is unrealistic, too?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 20, 2018, 01:36:29 pm »

And in this world, Tropes Are Tools - our tools. It doesn't matter if things "should" work somehow. What matters is how the tropes dictate they work.

No. This is not how this world works. This world tries to cause events to hit tropes. If multiple are possible, it paths to the nearest one based upon the current situation. You can't just name a trope and have it happen. You have to arrange a trap of sorts, set up things so that it evokes the preconditions for a trope - for example, Erin Quill's attack on the beach with Taking The Bullet in which we captured Armen.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 22, 2018, 07:24:51 am »

You’ve pretty much decided to choose C, and ask him where the bullet came from.

“You’d best stay on the dock and try to figure out where they are,” Celling answers to David. “Can you tell us where the bullet came from?”

“It came from the dock,” David replies. “Left side.”

At that point another radio call comes in. This one is from Fansworth. “Celling!”

“Fansworth!” Celling replies. “We got a message a while ago that the rebels were on the dock. Can you confirm the identity of-”

“That was my message, damnit!” shouts Fansworth. “They’ve barricaded themselves in what looks like a tackle shop! We’re trying to break down the door right now!”

David’s voice cuts in on the transmission again. “Alright, Celling, I’ve got a lock on the enemy Protinam. They’re on the dock for sure. I can collaborate what Fansworth is saying. They’ve went into what I can see from here is labeled the Billy Bob Joe Bait and Tackle shop. And besides that I now have a few options open, see.”

“What are they?” asks Celling.

“Well, I could spend some time locking onto the enemy’s mental patterns so that I could track them anywhere,” he says. “Or I could actually link into their minds and do some more interesting stuff.”

“Interesting sounds good. What kind of stuff?”

“I could look into their current mental states to get an idea of what their plans may be,” he says. “Or I could look at their memories. Figure out what they know and how they know it. Or deposit an idea into their minds to make them think it’s their own. Or, just full on telepathically send a message to them.”

“The Protinam are telepaths now?”

“To a limited degree, and it wouldn’t be possible with that ostentatious display of Visionary energy anchoring me to their location. What do you want?”

How do you respond to the dock situation?

A: Move to the dock immediately.
B: Don’t go. Let Fansworth lose, it will discredit him.
C: Stay at a distance and provide fire support/cover the routes of escape.
D: Something else…

What do you tell David to do?

A: “Work on tracking for now. We want to know where they go!”
B: “Can you tell us what their plans are?”
C: “Figure out what they know.”
D: “Try to manipulate them to doing this…” (provide idea)
E: “Tell them this on our behalf…” (provide message)
F: “Don’t do anything. Mental attacks are falling to their level a bit.”
G: Something else…

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 22, 2018, 08:11:21 am »

Dock situation: We go right to the dock, but in the mission report, we say that it’s because of advice from David that we knew the rebels were there.

For David: “If you linked up with them, yes, we can tell that you can influence them, but is it two-way? What are the risks?”

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 22, 2018, 09:45:26 am »

David is full of secrets...
Dock situation: We go right to the dock, but in the mission report, we say that it’s because of advice from David that we knew the rebels were there.

For David: “If you linked up with them, yes, we can tell that you can influence them, but is it two-way? What are the risks?”
+1
that is basically AG

I am all in for turning fans worth into our side
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: Scry v.s. Scry
« Reply #1540 on: May 22, 2018, 04:56:34 pm »

“Hey, David, if you’re going to invade their mind, you better make sure it isn’t a two way street,” cautions Celling. “We don’t want them invading you right back.”

“That’s something I hadn’t considered,” says David. “I’m tempted to say that no, there’s no possibility of them backscattering into my mind, but I can’t be absolutely certain of anything at this point. All I can say is that I can target their mental signature now, and I have the advantages of initiative and surprise, so it’s unlikely.”

Change votes?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 22, 2018, 05:01:59 pm »

"Just track them for now. Maybe try and look at what they're planning, but if it seems that they're noticing you're there, get out."
In other words: A, plus a bit of B and C.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 22, 2018, 07:29:14 pm »

"Just track them for now. Maybe try and look at what they're planning, but if it seems that they're noticing you're there, get out."
In other words: A, plus a bit of B and C.

this, or just A if it's too much for one action
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 23, 2018, 04:13:19 pm »

Alright, time to roll the brain peeky-thing!

Spoiler: rolls (click to show/hide)

“Got them,” David says.

Celling is on the boat and docking with, well, the dock. “You got them?”

“Like on a map. I’m locked onto the signal that the enemy Protinam is giving off in the timestream as well as the secondary signatures of the other rebels. I can tell you them where they are. Like, to the meter. On a map.”

“That’s great, David!” shouts Celling. By now they’ve arrived at the dock. Celling can see the rebels are barricaded in a store to the left of the “T” shape of the dock. The door is shut. Fansworth’s men are trying to break it down.

Celling sizes up the troops arrayed quickly:

• 9 guardsmen, commanded by Celling, lightly armed
  • 20 soldiers, commanded by Fansworth, with small arms and armor.
  • 5 snipers equipped with andantesite disruption devices
  • 7 ascended dogs
  • 4 Cherubs
[li]
[/li][/list]

What do you attempt to do?

A: Keep trying to break down the door! Engage the rebels as soon as possible.
B: A siege is in order. Sit around and wait for the rebels to come out.
C: Send the men on a search to look for secret escape routes or other problems.
D: Move everyone on the boat and torpedo the dock where the rebels are hiding.
E: Something else…
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:46:10 am by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 23, 2018, 04:24:30 pm »

C, and ask David if he can tell where any are. If we're pretty sure we found them all, we'll simultaneously enact A and storm in through the alternate routes. Do the parts regarding secret entrances with utmost subtlety.

EDIT: Oh, also, by the way. I'm trying to run an RTD out of someone else's godgame's waitlist. Just in case any of you are interested.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 203