Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290735 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: Get rid of Padelheb
« Reply #1665 on: July 08, 2018, 12:50:03 pm »

Can we talk to them, see how they respond and then see how to group them?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 08, 2018, 01:27:30 pm »

I don't know how to proceed

I will go with glass idea

but for me we should separate them, give julia the adantesite control to fight the mitanni and then say that those who don't have the plot armor (anna and whatever) be killed instantly

later we say it was the goonswarm to julia
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 08, 2018, 01:29:40 pm »

I will go with glass idea

See, this is why this game is boring. You all just follow Glass.

I SUMMON FALLACY!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 08, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »

but for me we should separate them, give julia the adantesite control to fight the mitanni and then say that those who don't have the plot armor (anna and whatever) be killed instantly

Also, Anna certainly has plot armor. She's an interesting character and capable rebel in her own right as well as a romantic interest/close friend Jacob and Andrew and a beloved family member for Sam and also David Eborrenial's unrequited crush.

She's not going to die here.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 08, 2018, 03:09:55 pm »

All the rebels have plot armor. If we try to shoot them now, they'll just escape.
This is probably why no evil overlord in the history of ever has actually gone through with "just shoot them". Tying them up in a death trap keeps them occupied for a few hours, while trying to just shoot gem means they're in your hair again so much more quickly.

I say we keep all the rebels together, so that they can all hear what we have to say at once. Part of what we have to say is that "the guards are ordered to shoot you if you try to whisper, as it implies that you are trying by to hide something from us; or, in other words, if it's worth you being secretive about it, it's worth us finding suspicious. You will not be harmed by us or our troops so long as you remain cooperative."

They will also be informed that "Goonswarm has requested that Julia be given to them. I have told them that we will comply, but only to buy us time. We need to know what it is they want with you, Julia, or else we'll be wandering into this mess blind. I'll be honest, I'm extremely suspicious of them."

Now, does anyone have any ideas on how to tell them about Padel?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 08, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »

Not here from the start no idea about all the details
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 09, 2018, 07:35:28 am »

All the rebels have plot armor. If we try to shoot them now, they'll just escape.
This is probably why no evil overlord in the history of ever has actually gone through with "just shoot them". Tying them up in a death trap keeps them occupied for a few hours, while trying to just shoot gem means they're in your hair again so much more quickly.

I say we keep all the rebels together, so that they can all hear what we have to say at once. Part of what we have to say is that "the guards are ordered to shoot you if you try to whisper, as it implies that you are trying by to hide something from us; or, in other words, if it's worth you being secretive about it, it's worth us finding suspicious. You will not be harmed by us or our troops so long as you remain cooperative."

They will also be informed that "Goonswarm has requested that Julia be given to them. I have told them that we will comply, but only to buy us time. We need to know what it is they want with you, Julia, or else we'll be wandering into this mess blind. I'll be honest, I'm extremely suspicious of them."

+1
Tell them about Padel as another threat to us, one far, far more sinister than the rebels. If they try to eavesdrop, give a few hints about how they're threatening to destroy us all, rebel and Empire.

Avanti!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 09, 2018, 08:17:47 am »

Wait, that's actually a good point. Not shooting them can be seen as being DOUBLY genre saavy

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 09, 2018, 12:03:53 pm »

+1
Tell them about Padel as another threat to us, one far, far more sinister than the rebels. If they try to eavesdrop, give a few hints about how they're threatening to destroy us all, rebel and Empire.

we could "let go" that we are just tired of dealing with more people planning genocide and they should for the love of the gods just cooperate for a time

if they ask, act as if they were supposed to know and give a bit of the info
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 14, 2018, 07:14:23 pm »

You have chosen A and C+D

“Put them in one big group,” Celling tells the guards. He turns to face the rebels. “Now now, we don’t want anyone to get hurt. However, the guards are ordered to shoot you if you try to whisper, as it implies that you are trying by to hide something from us. If it's worth you being secretive about it, it's worth us finding suspicious. You will not be harmed by us or our troops so long as you remain cooperative.”

He steps a little bit closer. “Goonswarm has requested that Julia be given to them. ”

Julia looks up fearfully. “No. Do whatever you want. I’m not going back there,” she whispers.

“I have told them that we will comply, but only to buy us time,” Celling continues. “We need to know what it is they want with you, Julia, or else we'll be wandering into this mess blind.”

“They want everything,” says Julia. “Total mastery of the future.”

“They’ll make her crack,” says Anna. “They’ll do things to her. Make her tell them what she can see. Every pathway. Every eventuality. Every way to win. They’ll go into every situation with perfect mastery. Give Julia to them, and they’re unbeatable.”

“That is false,” comes a familiar voice from across the dock. David Eborrenial strode purposefully towards Celling and the rebels, stepping deftly around the gaping hole in the dock, coat billowing in the wind.

“David?” asks Celling.

“David!” hisses Anna. “You told us we would have no trouble here! That it was destined the empire would fall!”

“I lied,” he says.

“TRAITOR!” Jacob shouts.

“It’s standard Visionary policy. There’s too little time to explain now, but basically we can’t predict correctly of the time so mostly we just fake it,” David says. “But I digress. Given that Goonswarm has bugged my house, I’m surprised that they don’t know this, but getting Julia won’t do anything. She’d need Protinam training protocols, neurotemporal recording equipment, and a staff beacon to make useful predictions. All of which only I have access to.”

That’s very useful information,” says the Mittani’s voice out of Celling’s coat pocket. “We have updated our price. I want David too.

Everyone stares. Celling slowly takes out the radio. “You heard that?”

What? You thought that I’d give you a radio that only lets me hear what you’re saying when you push the button?” the Mittani asks. “Give me David or I’ll make the rebels escape!

Celling turns around and presses the button. “How… will you do that?” he asks quietly.

They’re trapped, captured, surrounded,” the Mittani explains. “Everyone knows the way you break an encirclement is with another encirclement. We’ve been introduced before, the rebels already encountered us once and we’re hostile to you. We’re perfect Chekhov's Gunmen. If we start shooting down at your men right now and distract them, it fits perfectly into a Conveniently Timed Distraction.

At this time another guard rushes up to Celling. “Captain Celling, they’re whispering amongst themselves. Do we shoot?”

What do you do?

A: Shoot Jacob
B: Shoot Anna
C: Shoot Julia
(you may choose any combination of the above)
D: Don’t shoot

And what do you do about David?

A: Promise to turn him over
B: Try to negotiate with the Mittani (again, I need Exact Words)
C: Refuse
D: Something else…

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 14, 2018, 07:51:32 pm »

E: Just have one of our guys walk right over and listen in.

D: Tweak the radio a bit and pretend that there's jamming going on.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 14, 2018, 09:05:10 pm »

E: Just have one of our guys walk right over and listen in.

D: Tweak the radio a bit and pretend that there's jamming going on.

Not before acting that we are going to negotiate
Novice english wordsmith

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 14, 2018, 09:06:51 pm »

Oh yeah, that's good. We want to make them think we're going to negotiate and we're nice about it, but then suddenly jamming! David's group or the rebels must be interfering!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 14, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »

Goonswarm shows up, our interests and the rebels' are in alignment. Enemy Mine, you see (I'm on phone, no time for tvtropes links). I'm willing to let the rebels fight now so long as there's an understanding that they come peacefully afterwords. We'll protect them from the Goons.

And I want full disclosure on everything from David when this is done.

And the radio better get smashed.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: July 14, 2018, 11:37:02 pm »

On the phone but isn't there a trope that almost literally Fallacy second part of the suggestion, he will recognise this as a fake out
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 203