Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290738 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God damn if I knew Cherubs would get so cut to pieces would have not had invented them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

God damn if I knew Cherubs would get so cut to pieces would have not had invented them.
You shouldn't have invented them in the first place. It just put us further toward the Evil side of the Good/Evil axis.
And away from Lawful, for that matter, since it was abuse of our own citizens.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile

No point on crying over spilled milk, it still gave us an science advance into our way on making supersoldiers or whatever, maybe when people decide that death sentence is a valid option we use the politics to bring to our brainwashing machine side evicted criminals
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You shouldn't have invented them in the first place. It just put us further toward the Evil side of the Good/Evil axis.

I thought we were supposed to be bad guy though.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That what the plot want you to think
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That what the plot want you to think
We're not "supposed" to be the bad guy. The plot decided that we're the bad guy. We're mostly just Lawful Neutral; we want the country to continue functioning and do well, and EEEEEEEVVIILLL for the sake of evil is counterproductive to that.
Let's put it this way: the story could just as easily been written as the tale of a scientist and a police/military chief who are trying to prevent a powerful group of terrorists from destroying the entire continent while also attempting to stop a corrupt political official from taking full control of the government.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:10:52 am by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's put it this way: the story could just as easily been written as the tale of a scientist and a police/military chief who are trying to prevent a powerful group of terrorists from destroying the entire continent while also attempting to stop a corrupt political official from taking full control of the government.

It could.

But it won't.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could.

But it won't.
It is, from our perspective.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could.

But it won't.
But the plot is not from your prespective, unless we go another level up in the meta game
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could.

But it won't.
But the plot is not from your prespective, unless we go another level up in the meta game
The in-universe plot isn't from our perspective, but the out-of-universe plot is. After all, we're following the story of Erin Quill and Celling.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could somebody explain the plot of this game like my brain just shut off after little finger from the game of thrones and the multiverse?. [very sorry for the inconvenience]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:43:23 pm by Basil ii »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We started out with Erin Quill, head scientist of the the country we're in. We also were essentially making whatever major decisions needed to be made for the country.
There's rebels. They're the "heroes" according to the Plot, which is only active around them. This makes things go well for them and cause reality to obey narrative conventions, setting them up to win and defeat us, the people in charge of the "evil" empire.
There's also Wenton Celling (at least, I think his first name was Wenton; we all just call him Celling) who was our go-to military guy, and who kept showing up and being helpful to us and hindering the rebels.
There's also Andantesite, which manipulates gravity and will probably eventually be used for Mass Effect-type stuff because that's basically what the phlebotinum in ME does, and the rebels want to use Erin Quill's singularity to blow up the capital of the empire, which would actually cause basically the entire southern hemisphere to be sterilized.

There's also Littlefinger/Padelheb/Padel (fuck that guy) who is seperate from the "proper Plot" and is therefore allowed to be as much of a ruthless dick as possible without him being hindered by the power of narrativium. He stuck Erin in jail (though relies on him to keep the wormhole from exploding just from day-to-day stuff) (this also cut us off from control of the country) and is actively undermining any and all things good about the empire by virtue of being a horrible person.
Then there's the Protinam people who are those guys that give out fetch quests and other random nonsense that makes you think "why the fuck do I need to do this random nonsense" while playing video games. The answer: it helps them predict the future! But you could also not do the random nonsense, so it's better than in video games, because choosing not to jump through hoops for little-to-no reason also helps them predict the future, which is nice.

Most of the action is presently in Brazil (or at least, somewhere in South America). Goonswarm immigrated from Eve Online and became a gang of criminals with a fourth-wall-aware leader (fourth-wall awareness being otherwise pretty much restricted to Celling, Erin, and I think maybe David, our main Protinam contact). We managed to capture the rebels (with the unfortunate aid of some of Padel's troops) but then Goonswarm just rained down RNG-based bullet hell on our heads (we touhou now boys :p) and everyone fucking died.
Not literally everyone, you can go back page or two and see the actual turn, but something like 75% of the group we had is dead or dying.

Do you need any other info?

TL;DR: We're playing as Genre Savvy Fourth Wall Observer Only Sane Men in a world where a group of teenage terrorists are trying to cause the apocalypse while thinking that it'll only destroy the capital and that our characters epitomize the evilness of the country while a guy that's basically Hitler minus charisma is preventing us from making anything better, and we're trying to not die and fix the situation so that we can have a country that is both functioning and not about to explode.
And also reality is conspiring against us.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:55:51 pm by Glass »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow thank you. Have you thought about instituting a national propaganda ministry it did work with Stalin and hitler and the dictatorships that did not do it often fell due to lack of support from the public.              [ though maybe after you have survived RNG bullet storm]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:19:26 pm by Basil ii »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow thank you. Have you thought about instituting a national propaganda ministry it did work with Stalin and hitler and the dictatorships that did not do it often fell due to lack of support from the public.              [ though maybe after you have survived RNG bullet storm]

...yes, totally do that!

Glass has been totally refusing to do stuff that is evil.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:34:05 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you thought about instituting a national propaganda ministry it did work with Stalin and hitler and the dictatorships that did not do it often fell due to lack of support from the public.
There's also Littlefinger/Padelheb/Padel (fuck that guy) who is seperate from the "proper Plot" and is therefore allowed to be as much of a ruthless dick as possible without him being hindered by the power of narrativium. He stuck Erin in jail (though relies on him to keep the wormhole from exploding just from day-to-day stuff) (this also cut us off from control of the country) and is actively undermining any and all things good about the empire by virtue of being a horrible person.
We can't. And it'd likely just backfire on us, either getting commandeered by Padel or ending up with the rebels tearing it down and enacting that classic "show the populace how terrible their rulers really are!" plot.

Also: we have public support. For normal people, the Southern Republic ("republic") is, quite simply, one of the very best places you can live. Please recall, this is in the 1500s or so; the world hasn't even been circumnavigated yet. We're certainly no worse than any of the European feudal societies, and we have 1900s-modern technology.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:35:16 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 203