Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282762 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Stations of the Plot
« Reply #2220 on: November 14, 2018, 07:35:27 pm »

A+C, include D if he doesn’t seem inclined to keep it secret.
The C part is mostly about putting emphasis on the fact that he can’t share any of it because of what would happen.
If we have to do D, he won’t be harmed; we just need him to be not able to spread the word. We’ll still evacuate him, but with people that already know (I.e. the people that work for us) rather than with normal civilians.

EDIT: Potentially tell him about the Secondborn. You guys figure that out; I’m not sure.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 14, 2018, 09:03:41 pm »

invisible hug in the fansworth i'm sorry for treating you badly before, but we couldn't know if you were really into the entirety of padel's plans. at least, if this conforts you now you have a kind of free will, it's not a total free will (this doesn't exist even for us, screw those psychology classes making me realize I am a puppet of my basic needs and other's will) but a bigger degree of autonomy although you will receive ideas and sometimes orders from us, your personality got more important to the story, there won't be a roll deciding if you believe or not in stuff or forcing you acting in a way( if you see some pages ago a roll decided that you would believe in us), but will still be rolls in things working against you, so, what you think about trying to protect your people while fighting the plot with us until our tech evolve enough until we can transform your world in something real, or at least more real in a non-ending simulation of sorts? maybe we can live to this day,

sorry, I am daydreaming about tech and singularities nowadays

+1 to what glass said
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2018, 01:05:22 am »

A+C, I have no idea why people are insisting on keeping everything as a secret, and the way it's looks there would be more people noticing this (although tropes would say this is the only one)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 15, 2018, 01:54:34 am »

I have no idea why people are insisting on keeping everything as a secret
What would you do if you were told an immortal demigod that could blow up your city with magic was coming, and he had a grudge against people that were in said city? Especially if you were told by the government?
Especially if the grudge is against the government?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 15, 2018, 03:48:44 am »

I mean, after this end we gonna have a lot of anger on the fact that we hide a hostile demigod from our people, we just delay the inevitable by not allowing a leak to happen
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 15, 2018, 12:34:06 pm »

So to be more sure, do you want to reveal the true nature of the Secondborn to this kid?

A: Yes.
B: No.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 15, 2018, 01:44:01 pm »

A

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2227 on: November 15, 2018, 02:17:19 pm »

A

Also, tell Erin Quill to try experimenting with firing nitrogen lasers (the 337.1nm line should work) at Andantesite when he gets a chance. Maybe it'll turn into Allegrosite

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 15, 2018, 11:18:14 pm »

SPAMOVERLORD loves the world
(with thanks to the Discovery Channel)

I love the Andes.
I love the polar sheets.
I love the steam ships.
I love the city streets.
I love the whole world.
And people all around.

Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!

I love the oceans.
I love the worldgate.
I love the Drake Pass.
I love the strands of fate.
I love the whole world
Don’t let them tear it down

Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!

I love talking wolves.
I love Andantesite.
I love the future.
I love electric light.
I love the whole world.
You’d better keep it safe

Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!
Boom De Yada!

“Okay,” says Celling. “You’re going to have to listen for a while. What’s your name anyway?”

“Marcellus Ebner,” the intern says. “So what’s going on?” He closes the door and sits down on one of the chairs.

Celling takes a deep breath. “A couple days ago, there was an… incident in Santiago. By means we don’t fully understand, an individual from another dimension arrived.”

“A… extradimensional traveler, sir?” Marcellus asks, bemused.

“A powerful demigod from a more primitive world. He possessed one of my friends and commands enormous magical power, and he’s heading right here. He’s looking for the people we arrived with, because they have the only weapon capable of stopping him. We had to warn people of a hurricane to get them to leave fast enough. Based on what we know of his abilities, a hurricane may well be on the appropriate scale of destruction.”

Marcellus leans back, laughing to himself a litte. “I’m sorry, Celling, but you’d have to forgive me if I don’t believe that tall tale.”

What do you do?

A: “Fine. Do not believe it. We’ve got our reasons for doing this, and you’ll be evacuated along with the rest. Just know that if you let on that there’s more than meets the eye to this warning, we’ll find you.”
B: “Trust me, it’s real. You can stick around for proof if you like, though I wouldn’t recommend it. But you’d better not tell anyone. Anyway, who would believe you?”

Also, we have the option of looking into this guy’s background a bit.
A: Yes. Make inquiries as to his family and history, and have him tailed if he leaves the building. Never hurts to be sure.
B: No. If he finds out then what little credibility we have left with him evaporates, and he squeals for sure.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 15, 2018, 11:20:52 pm »

BA
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 15, 2018, 11:24:52 pm »

“We don’t expect people to believe us. That’s why we told them there’s a hurricane coming instead. But if you really want to see, you can stick around, under our supervision. We’re not going to let you get yourself hurt just because you’re curious about whatever you think we’re hiding with this story.”

Basically, B.

And then A for the latter as well, though let him know that we’re doing it. I mean, we’re he government, there’s been several recent crises, and there’s a confirmed rebel presence in the town (even though they’re kind of on our side for the time being?). It’s not like it’s not justified.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 16, 2018, 12:11:25 am »

I spent a time looking for hidden messages on the music

BAAAAA
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 16, 2018, 12:14:25 am »

I spent a time looking for hidden messages on the music
Yeah, same here.
Does anyone have email notifications? I haven’t been able to use them since I switched over to a laptop.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2233 on: November 16, 2018, 12:25:48 am »

BA

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 17, 2018, 12:05:44 pm »

Stats list check:

• +1 military
  • +2 scientific
  • +1 informational
  • -1 political
  • BONUS: Scientific designs get one die automatically 4
  • BONUS: D7s are rolled on anything relating to Wenton Celling
  • Fingerprint scanners on military base doors
  • Uplifted dogs
  • Lobotomized child soldiers called “Cherubs”
  • Plans for a shield against Andantesite wormhole disruption, although power-intensive and requiring a lot of Andantesite
  • Large, cracked Andantesite shard, ready to link
  • Radio-frequency Andantesite disruptor - 14.03 hour working time
  • Loading of wormhole onto SFN Pylos planned, to follow Magellan back home
  • Hammerspace parrot
  • Venomous implants for dogs
  • Hammerspace disruption masers, although in control of Padelheb Fansworth

Plot points to be resolved:
  • T. Levin inspecting Tommy DeMarco’s memory removal, then leaving for America
  • Interrogating captured rebels
  • Order of the Stick
  • Padelheb’s remaining supporters

"Look, you really don't have to believe us," Celling says. "You can stay to see what's up, if you really like, but you're going to be under our supervision. We'll monitor where you go, don't want you to get in trouble."

"No thanks," says Marcellus. "If you guys need to tell people that it's a hurricane to get them out then I'm sure that whatever it is, it's way too dangerous for me to stick around and watch. I'll evacuate once I'm done getting the messages out."

"Fair enough. How goes the evacuation, then?"

Spoiler: Well, how goes it? (click to show/hide)

“Most people are listening to the warnings,” Marcellus confirms. “Reports are coming in that the town is pretty much deserted.”

“That’s good,” says Celling. With Farnsworth following behind him, he walks through the halls to the room where the rebels are sitting. He pushes open the light wooden door. “How’s the Key reassembly going?”

The rebels are seated in chairs on the left side of the room. The woman who brought J.V. Boonering sits on the left side, a few feet from the door. To her right is J.V. Boonering himself. The briefcase is lying on the table, folded open, and the fragments of the Key of Taloc are scattered across it. Celling can feel the tension as the people in the room look at him. The rebels exchange a glance. J. V. plays with one of the Key shards, holding it to the light, giggling in stark contrast to the nervous silence of everyone else.

“We… I… can make it work,” the woman says finally. “My son’s destiny is known. He’ll be able to get the Key.”

Celling glances around the room. “Alright then,” he says. “We probably still have three hours or so.” He closes the door and walks away.

Free action time. Name any action that might help us that we can conduct during the three-hour period. (results of tailing Marcellus will be revealed at that time)
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 203