Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282714 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Stations of the Plot
« Reply #2235 on: November 17, 2018, 12:28:46 pm »

I'm going to put it here in case it's useful soon, we can get the chick (Anna?) killed or severally injured by the second born to get the "this time it's personal" effect both on Jacob (?) and David in the climatic fight for maximum plot usege.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 17, 2018, 01:43:50 pm »

I'm going to put it here in case it's useful Soon
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 17, 2018, 09:58:32 pm »

How much andantesite do we have? Any? Because if we have some around I want it prepared. If we can stop the Secondborn from moving, that should help greatly.

Where’s the pyrokineticist girl?

What proportion of the people that aren’t leaving are Goons? What proportion of the people that are leaving are goons?

Pass a message through to the OotS people - both natives and our - about the current situation, and ask if they’ve got any advice.

Try to contact Erin.

Pray to Acter.

EDIT: Classes. Specifically, D&D classes, and levels. Do we have them, and if so, what are they? If we don’t, can we acquire them, and if so, how?
Can Celling become a cleric of Acter?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:31:01 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 17, 2018, 10:51:21 pm »

“Alright, Fansworth,” Celling says. “I think Andantesite would be helpful in-”

“Is this going to be an extended As You Know session to answer player requests without using a quote box so that the game moderator can bump up his wordcount a bit?” Fansworth asks.

“...yes?” Celling answers hesitantly. “Fansworth, you really shouldn’t mention that kind of stuff. It somewhat defies convention to be blatantly flaunting the fourth wall in a story post.”

“Why not?” Fansworth asks. “This isn’t a conventional bit of the story anyway, it’s more like a side post. Besides, the Plot can’t really whine about it.”

“Yeah, but what if one of the rebels hears it? Then we’re in for trouble.” Celling snaps back.

“But we clearly didn’t mean to. Would Blue really pull a cheap trick like that to get an excuse to GM smite us?” Fansworth asks.

They stood there in silence for a second.

“So on to those questions…” Fansworth says quickly.
Not gonna lie here - I was actually going to make this an as you know thing, but after Fansworth called me out I decided not to
How much andantesite do we have? Any? Because if we have some around I want it prepared. If we can stop the Secondborn from moving, that should help greatly.

CELLING: The only Andantesite we have is the bit that’s on the bottom of Santiago Harbor after the Dock Fight.
FANSWORTH: Why did we not fish that out right after the dock fight? We’ve got to have some seafloor-dragging capabilities right?
CELLING: Well, typically the players would be given a choice in that matter, although in this case the GM didn't give an option for such a thing, nor did he ask for freeform suggestions, so I guess it's because we didn't have time or didn't think it was worth it. Plus, we do have a large cracked chunk that we located under a sand dune anomaly, but that’s still being studied in Andes High Command. We could move it here given the three hours that we have. We’d need to link it though.
FANSWORTH: Won’t that be pretty simple with the Rebel controller?
CELLING: Yeah. But do we want to give them more Andantesite?

Where’s the pyrokineticist girl?

FANSWORTH: Julia Seyllin is also at Andes High Command, the surviving two Protinam are helping her control her abilities. Likewise, we have enough time to get her here, or either of the two Protinam.

What proportion of the people that aren’t leaving are Goons? What proportion of the people that are leaving are goons?

FANSWORTH: The Goons have no known presence in Montevideo. They also don’t overtly publish lists of who’s a Goon and who’s not, so we don’t really know.

Pass a message through to the OotS people - both natives and our - about the current situation, and ask if they’ve got any advice.

SGT. VINCENT NELSON, COMMANDER OF FIRST INTERPLANAR EXPEDITIONARY FORCE: Can’t know much about that. Maybe draw out of this world to divert forces there?
NATIVES: He’s a caster? Get magic on your own to counter his. We’re kinda busy here, so can’t help out much.

Try to contact Erin.

CELLING: As has been mentioned previously, we don’t have intercontinental telecommunications.

Pray to Acter.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Classes. Specifically, D&D classes, and levels. Do we have them, and if so, what are they? If we don’t, can we acquire them, and if so, how?
Can Celling become a cleric of Acter?

FANSWORTH: I’d say it’s likely that this falls under the “power continuity” rules, in that we can’t use OOTS power while still running off SPAMOVERLORD’s rules. So no.

Decisions!

What to get here (select any or none)

A: The Andantesite shard
B: Julia Seyllin, the pyrokineticist
C: The surviving Protinam, Angela and Carlos
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 17, 2018, 10:55:35 pm »

Hmn.... just the andantesite. The death of the rest of the Protinam wasn’t our doing, but I don’t want the death of the last remanants of their organization on our head.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Batter up!
« Reply #2240 on: November 18, 2018, 12:35:54 am »

Any plan?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 18, 2018, 12:51:41 pm »

A+B. I feel that the OOTS people know more about fighting god-like powers than us and we should take their advice, and the andantesite is just plain useful.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 18, 2018, 02:17:42 pm »

A+B. I feel that the OOTS people know more about fighting god-like powers than us and we should take their advice, and the andantesite is just plain useful.
+1

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 18, 2018, 02:21:00 pm »

Hmn.... just the andantesite. The death of the rest of the Protinam wasn’t our doing, but I don’t want the death of the last remanants of their organization on our head.
+1

Let's keep him from being able to possess anyone else. Assuming he can't possess someone who is fourth-wall-aware, which would pose some...intriguing possibilities.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 18, 2018, 03:44:10 pm »

+1

Let's keep him from being able to possess anyone else. Assuming he can't possess someone who is fourth-wall-aware, which would pose some...intriguing possibilities.

Thank you for that excellent idea!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 18, 2018, 03:48:25 pm »

+1

Thank you for that excellent idea!
If he does that, Blue, then all you get is a Secondborn that is now aware that neither this world nor his old one are real, his old world has stagnated into a frozen moment in time, and you are controlling one of the people trying to overthrow the Cisharni.
You think Fansworth dislikes you now that he knows the truth? Imagine how the Secondborn will react.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2246 on: November 18, 2018, 04:34:47 pm »

+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 18, 2018, 08:39:06 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 18, 2018, 09:32:42 pm »

Hurry up the evacuation and get us out of here.
“Secondborn hooked up with the Mittani. We don’t have as much time as I thought. I can explain further once we’re out of here.”

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 18, 2018, 09:44:09 pm »

Hurry up the evacuation and get us out of here.
“Secondborn hooked up with the Mittani. We don’t have as much time as I thought. I can explain further once we’re out of here.”
[much-put-upon sigh]
+1

I mean, that or we just allow a confrontation between Rebels and Should-Not-Be-Here. After all, the Secondborn is now the mysterious Even Bigger Bad of this story, the Plot will pull out all the stops to ensure a win for the Rebels.

In fact there's probably a trope that'd basically "force" us onto the Rebels' side at this point since the Big Bad is coming for us and we have a common goal, etc. etc.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 203