Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 288136 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Batter up!
« Reply #2250 on: November 18, 2018, 11:37:51 pm »

Hurry up the evacuation and get us out of here.
“Secondborn hooked up with the Mittani. We don’t have as much time as I thought. I can explain further once we’re out of here.”
[much-put-upon sigh]
+1

I mean, that or we just allow a confrontation between Rebels and Should-Not-Be-Here. After all, the Secondborn is now the mysterious Even Bigger Bad of this story, the Plot will pull out all the stops to ensure a win for the Rebels.

In fact there's probably a trope that'd basically "force" us onto the Rebels' side at this point since the Big Bad is coming for us and we have a common goal, etc. etc.
+1 yes, and we could make sure more tropes are active of themselves, but we should evac now.

Edit: Mittai, you asshole.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:39:50 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 19, 2018, 10:22:44 am »

Alright, you’ve voted to send for the Andantesite and Julia Seyllin to be sent over. Not that it matters.

Surprisingly little matters here.

Celling starts, jerking his head violently up. “Fansworth,” he says urgently. “We need to hurry up the evacuation.”

“What? What now?” Fansworth asks. He takes a second to consult his connections with the other side of the Fourth Wall before deeply sighing. “Don’t tell me he’s actually gonna pull that.”

“Yeah, he is.”

“Completely trashing the rules he laid out for us? And forcing the players to jump through hoops in order to get the information? Who the hell is this guy?”

“No time to debate that now, we need to warn the rebels,” says Celling, standing immediately up. Fansworth follows behind.

Celling strides into the room the rebels are sitting in and pushes open the door. Instantly he can see that something’s going on. Anna and the woman are standing up, glaring at each other, while Jacob looks on worredly, and J. V. innocently bangs two pieces of the Key together.

“We’re out of time,” Celling says. “The Secondborn’s found a different way here. He’ll be here within minutes.”

Jacob stands up suddenly. “You said we had three hours!”

“Well, we were wrong, do we have the Key or not?” Fansworth says.

Anna turns to Celling. “No, we don’t,” she says sadly.

“Give me more time!” the woman hisses. “Give me more time. I can get him to reassemble the Key.”

What do you respond?

A: “No. Evacuate immediately and get out as fast as possible.”
B: “Keep trying to reassemble the Key. We’ll hold off the Secondborn for as long as possible.”

Do you tell them about the Mittani’s involvement?

A: Yes
B: No
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 19, 2018, 10:46:42 am »

“It’s not just the Secondborn, it’s the Mittani as well. They teamed up. And the Mittani wants you to make the key, so he can take it. We need to get out.”
Or in other words: AA.

EDIT: “You can keep trying to make the thing on the way out, but we cannot let the Secondborn and the Mittani get their hands on this.”
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:49:30 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 19, 2018, 11:21:04 am »

AA
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 19, 2018, 11:22:21 am »

So, we have just won. The Plot literally demands that after all the sacrifice and hardship and misunderstanding between the Rebels and us (the effective leaders of the Republic such as it is, minus those rubber-stamp NPCs) our dramatic last stand will be successful, and the Rebels will manage to use the combination of plot armor, fortuitous incompetence, and the MacGuffin(s) to win the day.

We send one character to hold off the Secondborn, the other hangs back and protects JV. This (almost) ensures that one of them will survive, since the second one will be on the "last ditch success" team. We'll need to send some of the rebels to the last stand, too, to ensure cooperation and also to improve the power of the tropes blue has just handed us a gilded silver platter.

The Mittani could conceivably see this, and no doubt blue will make him see it because he doesn't want to lose. But it doesn't matter. The Secondborn's calling the shots here, and he's not fourth-wall-aware and the Plot will drive him to fulfill his role and attack us to gain the Ultimate MacGuffin-Filled Victory, because tropes. The Plot will also try and force the Mittani to not interfere through various means, because it is in the best interests of the Plot for the Rebels to win this big victory against the true biggest threat and to save the innocent trapped inside the monster etc. etc. etc.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: November 19, 2018, 11:33:16 am »

So, we have just won. The Plot literally demands that after all the sacrifice and hardship and misunderstanding between the Rebels and us (the effective leaders of the Republic such as it is, minus those rubber-stamp NPCs) our dramatic last stand will be successful, and the Rebels will manage to use the combination of plot armor, fortuitous incompetence, and the MacGuffin(s) to win the day.

We send one character to hold off the Secondborn, the other hangs back and protects JV. This (almost) ensures that one of them will survive, since the second one will be on the "last ditch success" team. We'll need to send some of the rebels to the last stand, too, to ensure cooperation and also to improve the power of the tropes blue has just handed us a gilded silver platter.

The Mittani could conceivably see this, and no doubt blue will make him see it because he doesn't want to lose. But it doesn't matter. The Secondborn's calling the shots here, and he's not fourth-wall-aware and the Plot will drive him to fulfill his role and attack us to gain the Ultimate MacGuffin-Filled Victory, because tropes. The Plot will also try and force the Mittani to not interfere through various means, because it is in the best interests of the Plot for the Rebels to win this big victory against the true biggest threat and to save the innocent trapped inside the monster etc. etc. etc.
Y’know what, +1 to this.
However.
Instead of having JV making the key, either try to do it ourselves or have one of the rebels trying to make it.
I suspect that JV is too young to actually understand the situation and get desperate.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 19, 2018, 11:36:08 am »

Getting Anna killed by the Secondborn we get the "It's personal" trope on David as on Jacob, and a fight from inside.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 19, 2018, 11:44:19 am »

-snip-
Y’know what, +1 to this.
However.
Instead of having JV making the key, either try to do it ourselves or have one of the rebels trying to make it.
I suspect that JV is too young to actually understand the situation and get desperate.

That wasn't actually an action, I did not decide who would be doing what. I don't know which of the two characters would be better suited to remaking the Key. Hm, what if we just asked the fourth-wall-aware characters, hm?

However, I'd say we need to ask everyone who doesn't actually know how the Key works to head out and perform a suitably dramatic last stand, minus whichever of our on-the-scene characters Celling, Erin, and Fansworth believe would be best at possibly-hopefully-maybe helping. The Plot wants most or all of them to survive [hence the ridiculous amounts of plot armor and surviving-things-that-really-should've-killed-them-dead], so we can hope that we'll either get a mass resurrection of some sort or one of the derivates of this trope that doesn't require everyone to die first. We work with the Rebels on this, the only position we're taking is that some of them need to get outside and help fight.

----Wouldn't this literally be a perfect time for a flashback to "when the other Rebels dramatically busted out of prison and/or were released so they could show up to defeat the enemies"? Hint, hint, Mr. Still-Has-To-Let-The-Plot-Do-Plot-Things?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 19, 2018, 11:51:42 am »

Erin is unfortunately in Antarctica right now.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 19, 2018, 11:52:20 am »

But because he's fourth-wall-aware he can still give an opinion on who's best to help restore the Key amongst those who are presently in the area, as I said.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 21, 2018, 09:58:05 am »

You have chosen AA.

“I don’t care what you think you can do, you can do it on your way out,” says Celling. “We’re leaving. Now. We can’t afford the Secondborn getting his hands on the-”

Midway through Celling’s sentence, the world caves in.

A meter-thick bolt of magical energy sizzles into the room, slicing through the wall like a knife through hot butter and exploding in a blast of blinding light. Celling is thrown backwards out through the door in a cloud of dust and debris. The rebels take cover at the other side of the room. Someone screams. When Celling’s head stops spinning, the room’s filled with rubble, a thin mist of dust fills the air, and there’s a gaping hole in the left wall, sunlight streaming in. Through the hole Celling can see trees and buildings, and a splotch of blue and white that is the sky.

The Secondborn jumps from above in an impossible arc through the hole. The being with David Eborrenial’s body sails in with arms outstretched, flying almost effortlessly to land in the middle of the room.

“How the hell are you here?” Jacob Eldin asks, standing up from a crouch behind the upturned table, which now sits against the far wall of the room.

Let’s just say… I had a little help,” the Secondborn replies, smirking haughtily. “From an old friend of yours.

Jacob gasps with realization. “You set us up!” he says, pointing an accusing finger at Celling. “You were hoping we’d get killed stopping him, and then you can take the Key!”

In the meantime the woman who brought J. V. Boonering also stands up. She sticks two fingers out in a sideways V shape, then rightens it, and thrusts it at the Secondborn like a shield. “Begone from this earth, demon! For you cannot harm the Children of the Shrubbery, for nothing born can harm the Overgrown God, nor can the fire burn him!”

Just shut the hell up,” the Secondborn mutters, thrusting his right hand at the woman and extending his thumb, index finger, and middle finger at right angles to each other. A plane of invisible force projected from his hand slams into the woman and hurls her against the wall with a thud. The Secondborn closes his hand, and she drops to the ground in a heap.

“We… we can still beat you,” Anna says. “We still have the Key.”

Ah yes, the Key of Taloc,” the Secondborn replies. He brings his left hand up to shoulder height and pinches his index finger and thumb together. Symbols of power simmer in and out of existence around his hand. “I would demand that you hand it over, but that seems to be an overused turn of phrase these days.

The Secondborn snaps his fingers. There’s a whirlwind tearing of space, like a rubber band snapping in two - then the Key of Taloc fragments teleport into his hand, suspended in the air as if hung from a museum display, in a mass the rough size and shape of a football.

You know, it’s really a good thing I took this from you,” the Secondborn muses. “I’ve seen this kind of thing before, and it’s pretty clear it runs off soul power. If you’d activated it, it would have drained yours.” He gestures at Celling. “Once Erin Quill and his friends return me to Atlantis, though? I’m sure we’ll find a better way to power it.

RTD time! Post actions. Glass gets Celling, Madman gets Fansworth, the rest of you can just take ingame expies.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Inciting Events
« Reply #2261 on: November 21, 2018, 02:27:37 pm »

“Fuck you, and fuck the Mittani for helping you.”
Punch this fucker. Again. In the face.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 21, 2018, 02:40:56 pm »

“Fuck you, and fuck the Mittani for helping you.”
Punch this fucker. Again. In the face.

Glass - Punch Secondborn in the face while cursing Mittani for helping him.

Roll d6 result: 1 → Epic fail

“Fuck you,” Celling says, furiously striding towards the Secondborn and swinging his fist. “Fuck you and fuck the-”

Almost reflexively, the Secondborn gestures over his shoulder and send Celling sprawling across the room. “I mean, you could be forgiven for assuming that would work again. You should know that I’ve stabilized my control over David Eborrenial since then, and I’m not getting knocked out that easily this time.

Status check:

Celling: On ground, slightly winded (-1 disadvantage for one turn)

(In the interest of more sanity I’m making this RTD run off advantage and disadvantage; advantage means take best of rolls, disadvantage worst of.)

I’m going to answer actions as they come in, so continue acting. And yes, Glass may go again.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 21, 2018, 02:46:23 pm »

Gun. Do I have it on me?
If yes, shoot him.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2264 on: November 21, 2018, 02:51:07 pm »

Killer Joule de Protonne, one of the marksmen brought along by Farnsworth, fires on the Secondborn.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:53:54 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 203