Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282716 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Reign of Mettaton
« Reply #2490 on: April 02, 2019, 08:58:31 pm »

: WELL, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LOOKS LIKE THE VOTES ARE IN! AND THE CHOICE IS… DRUMROLL PLEASE… B!

“There’s no way I’m doing that,” mutters Celling to himself. He kills power to the Key and lowers his hand. The red holograms vanish and David opens his eyes.

“Well, Celling?” he asks.

“The Key can’t remove the link,” says Celling. “Not without deleting half your memories, and even then it’ll only be suppressed, not closed. You’re stuck with this thing for now.”

Any more comments?

A: Ask David to stop using Cisharni powers and ignore the link as much as possible.
B: Encourage him to continue using Cisharni magic and determine the limits of this power
C: Say nothing, move right along to transporting the rebels.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: April 02, 2019, 09:36:29 pm »

D. Ask him to work on the subject, but not to use his abilities too extensively as it may draw attention, on both sides of the link. Then go on to transport - after removing the Key gauntlet, if possible.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 03, 2019, 12:20:25 am »

A and remove the key
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:24:38 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 03, 2019, 08:56:27 pm »

D. Ask him to work on the subject, but not to use his abilities too extensively as it may draw attention, on both sides of the link. Then go on to transport - after removing the Key gauntlet, if possible.
+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: April 03, 2019, 11:24:12 pm »

: AND WITH A LAST MINUTE ADDITION, THE VOTE READS D! AND THAT MEANS WE’LL BE TAKING A SURPRISE WRITE IN SUGGESTION, FOLKS, LET’S SEE HOW IT GOES!

“Work on controlling that link,” Celling tells David. David nods in agreement. “But don’t use it wantonly. That’s going to attract undue attention. From both sides.”

Celling steps through the hole into the street, where Jacob Eldin has been tied up, hands behind his back. Fansworth stands in front of him, with two of the soldiers pointing rifles at his head.

“He’s fully disarmed?” Celling asks.

“Nothing on him but the gun,” says Fansworth.

Celling looks around. “Alright,” he says.

“Our first priority is to…”

A: “Get Jacob Eldin back to base. Drag this guy to the railroad post-haste, guys, and ship him back to Santiago. I want him in a nice padded cell in Andes High Command ASAP.”
B: “Secure him here. Moving him at this point is too dangerous, find somewhere we can hold him and bunker down there. Phone ahead for whatever reinforcements we need.”
C: “Put a bullet through his head here and now. We’ve got more than enough evidence for a conviction, and given this guy’s track record, nobody will bat an eye at summary execution.
D: “Actually, David, if you’ve still got Secondborn powers, can you teleport?”
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: April 03, 2019, 11:32:35 pm »

E. We’re bringing him to base, but calmly and methodically. The Mittani and Secondborn have both been taken down, after all, so we don’t need to worry too much; even if some Goonswarm thugs show up for revenge, we’ve got plenty of military personnel (this means be on guard, but not high alert). And while we certainly won’t be letting him leave the base once he’s there, so long as he has a chaperone (probably two, actually), he should be given permission to be in areas where there’s not weaponry available to be taken.
And besides, we need to figure out the Azure City situation, and see if they have anyone that can do rez spells.

EDIT: MM will be making a better plan. Please ignore this one, it is merely a rough draft.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:46:27 pm by Glass »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: April 03, 2019, 11:51:41 pm »

Begin plan F: Wherein we carefully leave, posting guards in pairs and whatnot. Get back to the base, and lock Jacob in a very dungeon-esque, windowless room, accessed through a pair of doors the outer one of which is just a set of bars to allow the guards to see in. The airlock setup improves security, you see. Include a blackboard or steampunk projector or whatever we have, full of the details of why breaking the wormhole is a Very Bad Ideatm. Jacob will, of course, be well cared for. We're not barbarians. Bring with us a list of the most corrupt or evil barons the King has not yet been able to legally arrest quite yet. Then, we pull up a chair, and wait for our next visitor.

I am quite sure he will join us soon. After all, such things have....a way, of resolving themselves.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:07:44 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: April 03, 2019, 11:52:14 pm »

Begin plan F: Wherein we carefully leave, posting guards in pairs and whatnot. Get back to the base, and lock David in a very dungeon-esque, windowless room, accessed through a pair of doors the outer one of which is just a set of bars to allow the guards to see in. The airlock setup improves security, you see. Include a blackboard or steampunk projector or whatever we have, full of the details of why breaking the wormhole is a Very Bad Ideatm. David will, of course, be well cared for. We're not barbarians. Bring with us a list of the most corrupt or evil barons the King has not yet been able to legally arrest quite yet. Then, we pull up a chair, and wait for our next visitor.

I am quite sure he will join us soon. After all, such things have....a way, of resolving themselves.

David?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: April 03, 2019, 11:58:37 pm »

Begin plan F: Wherein we carefully leave, posting guards in pairs and whatnot. Get back to the base, and lock David in a very dungeon-esque, windowless room, accessed through a pair of doors the outer one of which is just a set of bars to allow the guards to see in. The airlock setup improves security, you see. Include a blackboard or steampunk projector or whatever we have, full of the details of why breaking the wormhole is a Very Bad Ideatm. David will, of course, be well cared for. We're not barbarians. Bring with us a list of the most corrupt or evil barons the King has not yet been able to legally arrest quite yet. Then, we pull up a chair, and wait for our next visitor.

David?
Yes, yes, we know. Jacob.

Anyway +1 to the plan on the grounds of it being Jacob and us fucking finally getting that update on the Azure City situation I've been trying to get for months now.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: April 04, 2019, 02:17:16 pm »

I would say, to kill him, but pointing him toward greaterevil.jpg could  make us care less for him trying to defeat us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: April 08, 2019, 02:48:21 pm »

“Alright, boys,” says Celling. “We're going to do this right - make sure our guest here gets back to base as planned.” He turns toward Jacob. “We have a lot to discuss. Don't try anything and nobody needs to get hurt.”

Turning back to the rest of the group, he adds, “And it's about time we heard from the parrot and the other world.”

Right on cue, there is a squabbling and the sound of dull thuds as Erin Quill's Amazing Talking Parrot Hammerspace jump redirected; insufficient suspension of disbelief at destination. Celling looks around for a couple of minutes, noticing a distinctive lack of a parrot. “No? Alright, let’s get going then.”

Order these from greatest to least priority:

A: “Be on the watch for rescue attempts. There may be other cells of rebels that we don’t know about.”
B: “Carefully guard Jacob to preclude any possibility of escape.”
C: “Send some people to search the nearby area for that parrot. We need its report!”

Decide how you are going to move Jacob:

A: By train - move him to the station
B: By ship - move him to the dock
C: Blindfold him and send him through Hammerspace. !!WARNING!! Excessive use of suspension of disbelief derived abilities near the main focus of the Plot is PROHIBITED. !!DO NOT DO THIS!!
D: Have David teleport us.
E: Something else.

Post any additional measures you are going to take on the way.

Post anything you want to say to Jacob or David.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: And now we win
« Reply #2501 on: April 08, 2019, 02:58:10 pm »

:(1: ABC. Hersey can be around any moment.

2: B: My boat.

In light of hearing how David sympathizes sometimes then no, D a disaster.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:23:03 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 08, 2019, 03:04:55 pm »

ABC, and D whichever of the train station or dock is closer. Additionally, be prepared for Goonswarm thugs and the possibility of double agents or Padel sympathizers.
I was going to suggest we take David's teleportation, but the Plot working through him to do its deus ex machina stuff is a relatively probable route for it to take (since he's been friendly with the rebels in the past, and now has lots of power), so instead let's not do that.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: April 08, 2019, 05:39:40 pm »

Alrighty then, let's act professional about this.

Quote from: Plan Z
Soldiers are to keep their eyes up, moving in minimum groups of two and checking in every sixty seconds. Movement is not to be investigated, but rather called in while the units continue moving as fast as possible towards their destinations.

Celling, Fansworth, Jacob, and a squad of soldiers (one of whom is the right size to swap clothes with Jacob) head inside, Jacob and the soldier swap clothes and the soldier is tied up (Jacob is not), then we go back outside. Jacob will be watched but not bound for now. Once we get outside, the same squad (having been briefed inside while the two swap clothes) start a fistfight. This is broken up, and several of the members are tied up...including Jacob. The tied-up squad, Jacob (in disguise), and some other soldiers go with Fansworth to the docks, the fake Jacob and the rest of the soldiers and David go with Celling to the trains. Anna's body is carried with Celling's group.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:16:06 pm by Madman198237 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 08, 2019, 11:11:07 pm »

Alrighty then, let's act professional about this.

Quote from: Plan Z
Soldiers are to keep their eyes up, moving in minimum groups of two and checking in every sixty seconds. Movement is not to be investigated, but rather called in while the units continue moving as fast as possible towards their destinations.

Celling, Fansworth, Jacob, and a squad of soldiers (one of whom is the right size to swap clothes with Jacob) head inside, Jacob and the soldier swap clothes and the soldier is tied up (Jacob is not), then we go back outside. Jacob will be watched but not bound for now. Once we get outside, the same squad (having been briefed inside while the two swap clothes) start a fistfight. This is broken up, and several of the members are tied up...including Jacob. The tied-up squad, Jacob (in disguise), and some other soldiers go with Fansworth to the docks, the fake Jacob and the rest of the soldiers go with Celling to the trains.
I'll give this a +1.
My answer to part one is still A, B, C, so we're clear.

Order these from greatest to least priority:

A: “Be on the watch for rescue attempts. There may be other cells of rebels that we don’t know about.”
B: “Carefully guard Jacob to preclude any possibility of escape.”
C: “Send some people to search the nearby area for that parrot. We need its report!”
Since it seems people didn't quite get this: this is not a "pick one" thing. This is a "rank priorities of these three things". Imagine that you're giving one of them 3 votes, one of them 2 votes, and one of them 1 vote. The one with the most votes gets the highest priority, the one with the least gets the lowest.

EDIT: We need to figure out what to do with David and Anna. I'm thinking we send a third group with them to get Anna to the nearest medical center (at least, give that as cover). She can get transferred closer to us later, on the basis of "we need a better medical facility for whatever the fuck happened here".

EDIT2: Additional suggestion. The guy we swap with Jacob shouldn't just be similar size and build (though if that's the best we can do then oh well), but preferably same hair color and general facial features if at all possible, so that a brief glance at them can't be used to say "wait a minute, that guy's a fake".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:57:42 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 203