Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 287891 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter IV: Just One Day: The Birds and the Bees
« Reply #2910 on: December 24, 2019, 10:00:20 am »

To those saying A, what will you say to him?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: December 24, 2019, 11:37:22 am »

Obviously going to just +1 to everything Glass says. That is, after all, the best way to go about this. Always has been and always will be.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 24, 2019, 03:05:30 pm »

Guys, this is not a situation where you can just give me a “+1”.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 25, 2019, 10:51:58 am »

Fine, David,  the moment the plot set foot in this world and subsequently the player, there are two paths the world can take:
1)The plot wins, Antarctica is destroyed with millions or even billions dead and the rebellion gets some empty sense of victory as what was once under this empire's influence tries to rebuild, probably worse for the people, especially considering the European are coming.
2) The plot defeated beyond repair, Antarctica hopefully survive and the world you know isn't under the authoritarian control it was in ours for centuries.

To avoid 1 and get 2 we need as much power we could get, I wish we could leave you as a partner but we can't, the plot have it's hands everywhere, it could find a reason to take over you and lead to a worse feature, the moment one of the sides in this conflict wins we both leave this world but until then the plot won't give up on anything and neither do we if we want to win.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 25, 2019, 11:49:29 am »

David absorbs it all, instantly and silently as usual.

And now, for all the claims of “independence”. Hooooooo boy.

No.

I’ve mentioned Blue, the GM. The Game Master. Or, in other words, the person who controls all the characters, ultimately.

Being independent of the players does not make you independent of Blue. Not even slightly.

Any NPC - non-player-character - is controlled 100% by Blue, and maybe the dice - pure random chance. The Plot is controlled by Blue. The Rebels are controlled by Blue. The Mittani was controlled by Blue. Padelheb was controlled by Blue. The king is controlled by Blue, when he even shows up. On all but a select few occasions, you have been entirely controlled by Blue. Even Erin, Celling, And Fansworth have been largely controlled by Blue - we say what to do, but it is Blue who makes their thoughts and actions actually happen, plus anything not explicitly stated by us.

And if Blue didn’t have any control over you, you would essentially not exist.

Maybe you wouldn’t metaphysically disappear - but you’d never show up. You’d have no relevance. None of us would ever see you again, and you couldn’t do anything of importance, because the entire story of your world is created from our side of the fourth wall. It sucks, but it’s true.

Your mind is not promised to us. But it’s in Blue’s hands. The only real choice is whether he keeps full hold on it.

“No,” he responds.

“This world is a… fabrication. I knew that. Nothing but a figment of your imagination. But it’s the only world we can defend. And if you think I’m going to hand myself over to you because of that, you’re wrong.

Fine, David,  the moment the plot set foot in this world and subsequently the player, there are two paths the world can take:
1)The plot wins, Antarctica is destroyed with millions or even billions dead and the rebellion gets some empty sense of victory as what was once under this empire's influence tries to rebuild, probably worse for the people, especially considering the European are coming.
2) The plot defeated beyond repair, Antarctica hopefully survive and the world you know isn't under the authoritarian control it was in ours for centuries.

To avoid 1 and get 2 we need as much power we could get, I wish we could leave you as a partner but we can't, the plot have it's hands everywhere, it could find a reason to take over you and lead to a worse feature, the moment one of the sides in this conflict wins we both leave this world but until then the plot won't give up on anything and neither do we if we want to win.

“I am not on the Plot’s side,” David says quietly. “But I haven’t seen any evidence of it being able to control anyone. You, on the other hand, perfectly control anyone linked to you. Supplant their decisions with your own. Ask them to kill and die on your behalf. With one exception, in two years.”

“I’ll be back.”

He snaps the link.

You have lost control of David Eborrenial.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

“We took a hit,” one of the sailors reported. “Impact on stern, hit the boiler room. Engine at about 40% output. Seven casualties so far.”

“Comms and nav offline,” Captain Corvis notes, looking through the panels on the bridge. Maps and equipment are all over the floor, and several windows are shattered, but the ship is mostly functional. “Doesn’t matter. Can we get to Antarctica?”

“No flooding,” another sailor notes. “We’ll have to proceed at low speed, but…”

“We need to make a stop at the Falklands,” Celling puts in. “Erin Quill was sent there.”

“Yes, yes,” Corvis says, clearly distracted. He notices something off in the distance, bobbing in the water. “What’s that?”

Fansworth takes a hand telescope and looks at it. Mostly for show, because he knows what it is. “Definitely the last rebel, and one of the Goons.”

“Right,” Corvis says. “Celling, Fansworth, come with me.” He walks out of the bridge and down a hallway.

Once out of sight of the bridge, he wheels on Celling and Fansworth. “Gentlemen. I want an explanation. This was supposed to be a simple prisoner transfer, but somehow the prisoners took over the Sousa, people are appearing and disappearing on my bridge, and a fucking METEOR just hit my ship!” he shouts. “And the odds of that are… well, unimaginable. Literally astronomically small. Now, we’re going to Antarctica, possibly with the terrorist that has escaped our custody not once but TWICE in tow, so if something’s going on, I’d very much like to know what it is.”

How much do you tell him?

A: “We honestly don’t know. We wish we could tell you.”
B: “There is something going on, but we’re not allowed to tell you, sorry.”
C: “Look around you. Think about things you know, like the last King of Antarctica or the names of all your grandparents. Do you notice anything?” (Subtly nudge him towards the Fourth Wall. No guarantees on anything.)

What do you do with Jacob and the Goon?

A: Leave them to drown!
B: Shoot them a few times just to be sure!
C: Bring them aboard and arrest them!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 25, 2019, 12:13:44 pm »

AA

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 25, 2019, 12:19:03 pm »

AC
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 25, 2019, 01:41:53 pm »

AC
+1

Also, a message to David: I wish you luck with whatever endeavors you will undertake. I assure you, I bear you no hard feelings.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 25, 2019, 08:09:14 pm »

Nevermind AC, we’re doing CC guys! We get a free wallbreak by virtue of the nat 20! Merry critsmas, everyone!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: December 25, 2019, 08:16:41 pm »

Nevermind AC, we’re doing CC guys! We get a free wallbreak by virtue of the nat 20! Merry critsmas, everyone!

Oh wait, I just realized you were doing AC not CA!

Cancel that roll!
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: December 25, 2019, 08:17:10 pm »

Cancel that roll!
It’s been rolled, too late!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: December 25, 2019, 08:19:16 pm »

Cancel that roll!
It’s been rolled, too late!

To clarify:

• I thought AC meant "Hint about the Wall to Corvis"
  • I rolled a d20 for success at hinting the Wall and got 20
  • Glass got happy
  • I realized that AC did not mean telling him :-[ That roll is invalid and if you would like to do CC I'll roll another d20. Update: Locked in on AC, writing update now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: December 25, 2019, 08:23:10 pm »

Except the vote is not for AC. In fact, it's not for anything in particular. And finally, you can't rescind a roll, especially if it's a 20, 19, 2, or 1.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: December 25, 2019, 08:26:32 pm »

Except the vote is not for AC. In fact, it's not for anything in particular.

Fine. As Iridium has expressed a desire to vote C on first question on Discord, the vote currently stands at:

A: Rockeater, naturegirl1999
C: Glass, Iridium

A: naturegirl1999
C: Glass, Rockeater

And finally, you can't rescind a roll, especially if it's a 20, 19, 2, or 1.

So you're saying that if I was just playing around with the dice and rolled a 20, you'd also be demanding something special? Because that's about as valid as that roll is now.

If you choose C on the first option, I'll have to roll again, because letting you vote with knowledge of what the dice would do is just unfair.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: December 25, 2019, 09:46:08 pm »

So you're saying that if I was just playing around with the dice and rolled a 20, you'd also be demanding something special? Because that's about as valid as that roll is now.
No, you rolled this specifically for the game. It's not like a player at a D&D game just rolling a die and telling the DM "hey, I got a 20, can I keep it for my next roll?"
No, it's like the DM rolling for a specific purpose, getting a 20, and then telling the players "actually, no, ignore that roll, I'm rolling again."
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 203