Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282637 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Trials and Tribunalations
« Reply #2940 on: February 29, 2020, 04:51:03 am »

B, with following argument. If this fails, we resort to C:

"You cannot unilaterally decide to imprison someone and conduct inhumane experiments on them regardless of the threat they pose to the country. Perhaps, at best, you could place him in precautionary detention. Going beyond that or even just permanently detaining him would turn us into exactly what the Rebels claimed we are. If you would like David to work with us, we have no choice but to go about recruiting him peacefully. As of now he can see the future, has probably reclaimed his fancy Protinam artifact to refine his visions and become better at seeing the future, and is therefore functionally untouchable as far as this plan goes. And since he may very well learn of what you're doing when you start doing it, perhaps you ought not to antagonize him. Doing so would GUARANTEE he'd become an enemy, at least of the people who are trying to turn him into a puppet.

In short, not only are several parts of this "plan" morally reprehensible, it's also simply physically impossible to force him to do anything, or even find him if he doesn't want to be found. And you also don't want to turn him into an enemy when he is most probably not right now.

I am willing to go and try and find him myself and convince him to change his ways or work with us, but can give no guarantees. I will certainly not be party to restraining someone's will and damaging their mind in order to protect a few government secrets from one person."

+1
+1
See blue, we can+1 madman as well.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:59 am »

~snip~
+1
+1
See blue, we can+1 madman as well.
I’ll also give this +1.

I’d like to suggest we also use D as a backup in case neither B nor C works. While E appeals to me, Mira worked with Padel; while I know that this was because she was threatened, it does tell me that she may be liable to spilling if pressured. Other opinions on this topic are welcome.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: February 29, 2020, 12:08:00 pm »

Well you see, once we've argued against this, if we somehow FAIL then we can always just mess with it later.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: February 29, 2020, 07:35:55 pm »

Meanwhile with South Pole wit, tech and will. Levin and the prisoners ended up in the Weat Coast of North America. In time setting up a extension for the empire and smack down the infantile USA after their Civil War debacle.

( Wrote Levin a ending if like it leave it, otherwise alter.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: February 29, 2020, 07:45:30 pm »

Meanwhile with South Pole wit, tech and will. Levin and the prisoners ended up in the Weat Coast of North America. In time setting up a extension for the empire and smack down the infantile USA after their Civil War debacle.

( Wrote Levin a ending if like it leave it, otherwise alter.)
Please remember that we're in 1520 or something.
There is no US.
There's not even British colonies, and they wouldn't start to appear until 1607.
(The map is... very large. I suggest just opening it in another tab.)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:47:30 pm by Glass »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: February 29, 2020, 07:56:28 pm »

Well then we become America and South Pole then. Hell one part I forgot was Levins Legacy, his kids are basically clones of himself with gene nodding to be super human.

Edit: Hell maybe the Western Hemisphere, if another time.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:04:00 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Who's afraid of David Eborrenial?
« Reply #2946 on: March 03, 2020, 04:54:46 am »

E for @everyone

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 03, 2020, 07:42:33 am »

Why did @everyone become an invalid hyperlink?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2948 on: March 04, 2020, 01:03:22 am »

I wanted the underline-on-hover effect and didn't care if @someone went to nowhere

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 04, 2020, 08:07:02 am »

Ah, a rick roll, better than an invalid hyperlink

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: March 14, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »

B, with following argument. If this fails, we resort to C:

"You cannot unilaterally decide to imprison someone and conduct inhumane experiments on them regardless of the threat they pose to the country. Perhaps, at best, you could place him in precautionary detention. Going beyond that or even just permanently detaining him would turn us into exactly what the Rebels claimed we are. If you would like David to work with us, we have no choice but to go about recruiting him peacefully. As of now he can see the future, has probably reclaimed his fancy Protinam artifact to refine his visions and become better at seeing the future, and is therefore functionally untouchable as far as this plan goes. And since he may very well learn of what you're doing when you start doing it, perhaps you ought not to antagonize him. Doing so would GUARANTEE he'd become an enemy, at least of the people who are trying to turn him into a puppet.

In short, not only are several parts of this "plan" morally reprehensible, it's also simply physically impossible to force him to do anything, or even find him if he doesn't want to be found. And you also don't want to turn him into an enemy when he is most probably not right now.

I am willing to go and try and find him myself and convince him to change his ways or work with us, but can give no guarantees. I will certainly not be party to restraining someone's will and damaging their mind in order to protect a few government secrets from one person."

Nest sighs. “So in your opinion - yours too, Celling - there is no way we can capture David Eborrenial?”

“He can teleport, see the future, and shoot lightning,” Celling responded. “He’s going to see us coming, and there’s no way to box him in.”

“Don’t forget the Key,” Fansworth notes.

Celling nods. “And he has the Key of Taloc. Meaning he can see our intentions, manipulate our minds - even control them.”

“Which makes it all the more critical that we remove any possibility of him being a threat as soon as possible!”

“He’s already not a threat!” Erin shouts. “In fact, so far he’s helped us avert a plague that would have decimated a major province! The only - only - thing that could make him a threat is if we attack him!”

Nest frowns. “Fine. We’ll let him go. But remember, we’re not on his side.” He begins pacing again. “Quill, I still want that detection system. Mira, take blood samples from the other Protinam and start reverse-engineering their powers. Get one from David, too, if we ever see him again.” He turns to Celling this time. “You’ve met the Protinam. Do you think the others would agree to working under the Republic’s government? Barring that, could we ask that they at least keep us informed of what they see?”

How do you respond?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 14, 2020, 03:10:19 pm »

Celling thinks for a moment.

“Angela and Carlos, at least, likely would be willing to work for us. I can’t be certain about any others they had scattered around, but their ranks have been decimated; they'd probably be glad of our help rebuilding, and would likely be willing to at the very least cooperate with us in exchange, if not directly work for us. I’m not certain about Julia, given her upbringing, but therapy would likely help for her.”

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 14, 2020, 03:59:01 pm »

“Angela and Carlos, at least, likely would be willing to work for us. I can’t be certain about any others they had scattered around, but their ranks have been decimated; they'd probably be glad of our help rebuilding, and would likely be willing to at the very least cooperate with us in exchange, if not directly work for us. I’m not certain about Julia, given her upbringing, but therapy would likely help for her.”
+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 21, 2020, 09:21:58 am »

“Then we need to reach out to them, as soon as possible,” Nest says. “Offer them our support in recruiting and reconstructing. And if they refuse… take them into custody. Precognition is too powerful to be left in the hands of anyone else.”

Carr raises his glass. “This jurisdictional squabble has been truly entertaining, but can we get back to the briefing now? I’m particularly interested in the part where Erin Quill takes a detour to assassinate the Guardian of the State.”

Quill turns around to glare at Baron Carr. “Padelheb was about to unleash a bioweapon targeting every person of Argentinian descent, wiping out over 60% of the Republic’s population. He had already corrupted the courts and police, and it is my continuing belief that shooting him was the only way to ensure that he did not achieve this goal. Murder cases have always left room for self-defense.”

“Self-defense?” Carr asks humorously. “Because you’re not really Antarctican, Quill?”

Quill glares at him some more. “Not all of us have nothing better to do than trace genealogies twenty generations back, Carr. In any case, I am sure that the societal upheaval following the destruction of one of our primary provinces would have been quite dangerous for government officials. So yes, self-defense.”

“And you’ve destroyed all trace of the virus,” Carr states. “Naturally.”

“Because it would wipe out 60% of the Republic’s population if it was ever released!” Quill hisses in response. “I cannot accept the risk that it could accidentally - or intentionally! - get out in the future.” He turned back to Nest. “And it was destroyed on the King’s explicit orders, as Nest can confirm.”

“I do confirm that,” Nest declares. “Mira, you kept several procedures and records relating to the bioweapon, correct? As evidence?”

“I didn’t keep them so much as Quill and company took them, but-”

Nest cuts Mira off. “If anyone requires evidence of the bioweapon’s danger, you may see it. Otherwise, those papers are to be destroyed.”

“So this… super-plague, it targets a specific genetic code?” Carr asks.

“Not a genetic code,” Quill says. “A particular feature of Antarctican cells renders them impervious to the virus used. It exploits a weakness not present in Antarcticans.”

“Ah,” Carr responds. “Of course, it’s to be expected that these foreigners would have an inferior immune system.”

How do you respond?

A: Just let him keep on believing that
B: Stress that a vulnerability could probably be devised for Antarcticans too (true)
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 21, 2020, 09:30:47 am »

B.

“The same difference of cell structure that would have protected Antarcticans from Padelheb’s virus could have, if there was a different intent, been exploited to create something that only targeted Antarcticans. Our advantage comes from our understanding of the world, not from ‘superior genetics’. Learning, not the luck of birth. If you want something to say we’re superior about, choose that. It’s far easier to prove true.”
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 203