Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282652 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Who's afraid of David Eborrenial?
« Reply #2955 on: March 21, 2020, 10:44:38 am »

B.

“The same difference of cell structure that would have protected Antarcticans from Padelheb’s virus could have, if there was a different intent, been exploited to create something that only targeted Antarcticans. Our advantage comes from our understanding of the world, not from ‘superior genetics’. Learning, not the luck of birth. If you want something to say we’re superior about, choose that. It’s far easier to prove true.”
+1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: March 21, 2020, 07:20:40 pm »

B.

“The same difference of cell structure that would have protected Antarcticans from Padelheb’s virus could have, if there was a different intent, been exploited to create something that only targeted Antarcticans. Our advantage comes from our understanding of the world, not from ‘superior genetics’. Learning, not the luck of birth. If you want something to say we’re superior about, choose that. It’s far easier to prove true.”
+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 23, 2020, 06:15:33 pm »

B.

+1
+1
+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: March 31, 2020, 11:42:59 am »

B.

Carr nods at this. “So it’s possible to design another bioweapon to target Antarcticans?”

“It would take time and equipment,” Quill says. “This isn’t something that someone could cook up in their garage.”

“Which raises the question,” Stevenson asks. “How exactly did Padelheb pull off such a scheme under the noses of the government?”

“To a great deal, he was the government,” Nest replies. “I’m investigating any accomplices he may have had right now.”

“Speaking of accomplices…” Carr said. He walked around behind Quill, Celling, and Fansworth. “Captain Wenton Celling. You falsified a report of a hurricane, leading to the pointless evacuation of a major city…”

“The hurricane ploy served to get civilians out of the danger zone as soon as possible,” Celling responds. “We didn’t know the capabilities of the so-called “Secondborn” that appeared at the docks. It was best to get everyone out.”

“Immediately after,” Carr continued, “You presented the Baron of Argentina, Prenner Goldsmith, with a decoy rebel. In the confusion caused by this, one of his guardsmen, a certain Iridium, assassinated him.”

“I don’t know anything about that assassination, Carr?”

“Really?” Carr asks. “Because from where I stand, it sure looks like you conspired to get Goldsmith in a position where he would be vulnerable, so that a traitor within his guard could kill him.”

“How would that work, exactly?” Celling asks. “I don’t see how we did anything that might have helped with the assassination.”

Carr shrugged. “Even so, your command decisions are questionable. You’ve had a repeated problem with men turning traitor,” he pointed out. “One, a certain “de Protonne”, tried to steal the Key. Another shot the female rebel - although she was already dead by that point - against orders.”

“You’re right to be suspicious of that, Carr,” Nest says. “The man who defected declared himself Lord Iridium -  a name also shared by the guardsman that killed Goldsmith. I suspect it to be a pseudonym.”

“Iridium?” Mira asks. “That’s a rare element. It’s a hard, dense silver metal. I can’t imagine why anyone would use it as a title of nobility.”

“What’s it used for?” Nest asks.

“Fountain pens,” Quill answers flatly.

Nest visibly grimaces at the absurdity of this situation. “I suspect some sort of conspiracy is at work, but I can’t see how shooting Anna would advance anyone’s goals. Rest assured that it is under investigation.”

Do you have anything to say to that?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: April 07, 2020, 09:24:03 pm »

Looks like the answer is no.

Nest continues. “So that leaves us with three captured rebels, a teleporting precognitive on the loose, and…”

“A tear into another plane of reality sitting in the Andes,” Quill finishes. “Any news on that, by the way? Updates on that situation have been disappointingly slow”

“Please tell us a little about that, Mr. Celling. You made contact with an entire new world through a portal created by the Key explosion? And you’ve already gotten us into a war there?” Carr asks.

“I’ve been meaning to ask that myself,” Stevenson chimes in. “Who exactly has jurisdiction over the portal? It’s located in the military base, yes, but does that give you claim over the entire other side?”

“There’s a country on the other side,” Celling reminds them.

“And yet you charged straight through with a military action,” Stevenson notes.

“That action was approved by General Merrowitz and was immediately necessary to prevent the complete destruction of a civilization!” Celling retorts.

“And it got us into a battle with supernatural forces we have no idea how to handle!” Stevenson says.

“Last I checked, we were holding the line just fine,” Celling says. “Although as I’ve said, updates have been alarmingly slow on that front.”

“Nelson sent a more detailed report a while ago,” explains Nest. “He says that the ghosts seem perfectly capable of holding off the skeleton, and Haley Starshine would like to confirm that their world can resurrect people from death, although the only known individual with those capabilities is currently on the evacuation fleet. Also, they’ve finished lining Redcloak’s chambers with explosives. I’m still not sure why you think negotiating with him will prove fruitful, though.”

“Easy,” Fansworth answers. “He’s a major political and spiritual leader that thinks his direct superior is a pompous idiot. If anyone’s going to flip, it’ll be him.”

“Fair enough,” Nest agrees. “As for the world itself, Nelson reports that it seems to be populated by several societies, mostly feudal monarchies, and a late pre-industrial level of technology - although it’s hard to tell, as magic is an integral part of their society.” He stops for a moment. “And one other thing. It’s a whole new world. Miles and miles of uncharted land. Powers we haven’t even begun to exploit. This represents the greatest opportunity for exploration and expansion since the discovery of South America.”

“You’ve dragged us into a world of gods and legends, Quill,” the King notes. “Three times, in fact. I hope you’re ready to make this work.”

“We don’t have to stay in,” Stevenson says. “Quill, can you think of any way to close the portal?”

“I haven’t studied it,” Quill says. “Burying it might work. Barring that, a control mechanism similar to the wormhole may be able to affect it.”

What do you do?

A: Argue for invading and annexing Azure City and parts of the OOTS world.
B: Argue for allying with Azure City and declaring war on the Goblins.
C: Argue for not declaring war, but continuing a quiet military intervention.
D: Argue for leaving the portal open but unexplored until the situation at the other end stabilizes (pull back troops)
E: Argue for closing the portal

Post your actual arguments as well

And what of your plans to resurrect the rebel trapped in the Key, Anna?

A: Mention them
B: Do not mention them
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: April 07, 2020, 09:30:01 pm »

1. F.
Argue for attempting to get Azure City to become a protectorate of ours, trying to convince the goblins to join our side in exchange for being given a (vassal) country somewhere in Australia or Africa probably in the Outback (make sure that it's clear that they will be treated as no lesser than any other people, and if they have issues with racism then they can bring the problem to us and we'll make sure the perpetrators knock it off), and maintaining a military presence that could potentially be later extended into other regions of the opened world.

2. Don't be the ones to bring it up; if someone else asks about what we plan to do with the Key or something else that involves her, then we can explain, but otherwise, no reason to for the time being.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:35:01 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: April 07, 2020, 09:31:46 pm »

1. F.
Argue for attempting to get Azure City to become a protectorate of ours, trying to convince the goblins to join our side in exchange for being given a (vassal) country somewhere in Australia or Africa (make sure that it's clear that they will be treated as no lesser than any other people, and if they have issues with racism then they can bring the problem to us and we'll make sure the perpetrators knock it off), and maintaining a military presence that could potentially be later extended into other regions of the opened world.

2. Don't be the ones to bring it up; if someone else asks about what we plan to do with the Key or something else that involves her, then we can explain, but otherwise, no reason to for the time being.
+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:04 pm »

Deleted. Original quote edited, new vote below
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:45:36 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:47 pm »

Note: I made a small edit to my post. If you could alter what's in the quote to match it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: April 07, 2020, 09:44:59 pm »

1. F.
Argue for attempting to get Azure City to become a protectorate of ours, trying to convince the goblins to join our side in exchange for being given a (vassal) country somewhere in Australia or Africa probably in the Outback (make sure that it's clear that they will be treated as no lesser than any other people, and if they have issues with racism then they can bring the problem to us and we'll make sure the perpetrators knock it off), and maintaining a military presence that could potentially be later extended into other regions of the opened world.

+1, will delete other vote due to incorrect quote there

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: April 07, 2020, 09:52:28 pm »

1. F.

Do this, but move in much more soldiers than strictly necessary.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:57:03 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: April 07, 2020, 09:53:10 pm »

1. F.

Do this, but move in somewhat more soldiers than strictly necessary.
FTFY

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: April 07, 2020, 10:24:31 pm »

1. F.

Do this, but move in somewhat more soldiers than strictly necessary.
FTFY
what was wrong?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: April 07, 2020, 10:26:07 pm »

what was wrong?
Here's his original post:

Well, "necessary" was originally spelled incorrectly, but also he wanted to be far too aggressive.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: April 07, 2020, 10:29:59 pm »

what was wrong?
Here's his original post:

Well, "necessary" was originally spelled incorrectly, but also he wanted to be far too aggressive.
oh. I see, I agree with only some more than needed, rather than much more than neede. Our plan is to ally. Bringing in a lot of soldiers will not help that. ((How do I restrain autocorrect to treat thst as a typo? This typo happened so many times that thst no longer corrects to that))
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 203