Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282642 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Who's afraid of David Eborrenial?
« Reply #2970 on: April 08, 2020, 12:00:54 am »

1. F.
Argue for attempting to get Azure City to become a protectorate of ours, trying to convince the goblins to join our side in exchange for being given a (vassal) country somewhere in Australia or Africa probably in the Outback (make sure that it's clear that they will be treated as no lesser than any other people, and if they have issues with racism then they can bring the problem to us and we'll make sure the perpetrators knock it off), and maintaining a military presence that could potentially be later extended into other regions of the opened world.

2. Don't be the ones to bring it up; if someone else asks about what we plan to do with the Key or something else that involves her, then we can explain, but otherwise, no reason to for the time being.
+1
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: April 08, 2020, 12:12:26 am »

I’d like to clarify, by the way, that the goblins would not be forced to live on the land we give them; that area would just be the land that they directly govern. They’d be free to live in the rest of our territory, in which case the same laws that apply to any other citizen would apply to them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 08, 2020, 06:21:06 am »

I’d like to clarify, by the way, that the goblins would not be forced to live on the land we give them; that area would just be the land that they directly govern. They’d be free to live in the rest of our territory, in which case the same laws that apply to any other citizen would apply to them.
understood. I like this clarification

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: May 05, 2020, 06:41:18 pm »

1. F.
Argue for attempting to get Azure City to become a protectorate of ours, trying to convince the goblins to join our side in exchange for being given a (vassal) country somewhere in Australia or Africa probably in the Outback (make sure that it's clear that they will be treated as no lesser than any other people, and if they have issues with racism then they can bring the problem to us and we'll make sure the perpetrators knock it off), and maintaining a military presence that could potentially be later extended into other regions of the opened world.

2. Don't be the ones to bring it up; if someone else asks about what we plan to do with the Key or something else that involves her, then we can explain, but otherwise, no reason to for the time being.

“Wait,” Baron Stevenson says. “You’re saying we’re going to take a hostile force and give them most of my land?

“Are you using the Outback for anything?” Quill replies.

“That’s not the point,” Stevenson continues. “You’re going to create a ten thousand kilometer long border inside Australia with a foreign power that we’re currently at war with!”

“Their armies are weak compared to a well-trained guard, and we might be able to convince them to demilitarize,” Quill responds.

“You say “join our side” as if that’s something we can reasonably expect the goblins to do,” Nest notes. “They don’t even consider themselves human, and they’ve declared hatred toward all humanity.”

“Their historical oppressors, that is. Not us. A point our diplomats could clear up easily enough,” Quill says.

“We don’t know that,” Nest says. “How are you presuming so much about the motivations of the goblins, anyway? You weren’t anywhere near Chile when the gateway formed.”

“I’m your foremost expert on spatial manipulation,” Quill answers. “I had Celling brief me about the gate.”

Celling's report didn’t say anything about the motivations of the goblins, Quill. Where are you getting this information?”

How do you respond?

A: “Oh, I’m just inferring, really. The motivations of the goblins look clear enough.”
B: “I have my sources.”
C: “It’s actually quite simple. Remind me to tell you about the fourth wall…” Warning! Informing other individuals about the nature of this narrative work is FORBIDDEN! DO NOT DO THIS!
D: “Just a guess. It doesn't hurt to offer, and if I'm wrong we'll find out soon enough.”
E: Something else
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:43:10 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2974 on: May 05, 2020, 07:13:49 pm »

D

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 05, 2020, 07:20:42 pm »

B, "I asked everyone I could for all the reports relevant to topics that might come up in this meeting, of course.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: May 05, 2020, 07:42:49 pm »

A

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2977 on: May 05, 2020, 07:47:00 pm »

A

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: May 05, 2020, 07:53:56 pm »

B, "I asked everyone I could for all the reports relevant to topics that might come up in this meeting, of course.
+1

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: May 05, 2020, 07:59:31 pm »

B

+1 to Madman
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:05:09 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 05, 2020, 08:02:51 pm »

+1
what if he asks us to elaborate?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: May 05, 2020, 08:04:10 pm »

+1
Then we do so.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 05, 2020, 08:06:25 pm »

+1
Then we do so.
who did we supposedly talk to?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 05, 2020, 08:20:40 pm »

1. We work closely with Celling, so we may have had access to new reports before others did. Other possible military information things that MM can probably come up with go in this level.
2. A spy on the other side, sending information back and forth via the parrot. The parrot should be a known thing, they should know we can get stuff around fast with it.
3. Old Protinam records found during our investigations. Hey, they can predict the future, and very effectively. No need to make it clear they'd have had no way to predict this.
4. If all else fails, we'd heard about divination magic on the other side of the portal and decided to give it a try, and we got a bite.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: May 05, 2020, 08:39:56 pm »

1. We work closely with Celling, so we may have had access to new reports before others did. Other possible military information things that MM can probably come up with go in this level.
2. A spy on the other side, sending information back and forth via the parrot. The parrot should be a known thing, they should know we can get stuff around fast with it.
3. Old Protinam records found during our investigations. Hey, they can predict the future, and very effectively. No need to make it clear they'd have had no way to predict this.
4. If all else fails, we'd heard about divination magic on the other side of the portal and decided to give it a try, and we got a bite.
Glass, you're going to have to pick one of these to stick to
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 203