Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 282804 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Who's afraid of David Eborrenial?
« Reply #2985 on: May 05, 2020, 08:52:47 pm »

1. We work closely with Celling, so we may have had access to new reports before others did. Other possible military information things that MM can probably come up with go in this level.
2. A spy on the other side, sending information back and forth via the parrot. The parrot should be a known thing, they should know we can get stuff around fast with it.
3. Old Protinam records found during our investigations. Hey, they can predict the future, and very effectively. No need to make it clear they'd have had no way to predict this.
4. If all else fails, we'd heard about divination magic on the other side of the portal and decided to give it a try, and we got a bite.
Glass, you're going to have to pick one of these to stick to
5. All of the above?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: May 06, 2020, 07:53:40 am »

I’m thinking 2

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 06, 2020, 09:32:50 am »

B, "I asked everyone I could for all the reports relevant to topics that might come up in this meeting, of course.
+1

"Oh," Quill says. "I expected this to be a main focus of this meeting, and asked for all the reports relevant to this topic."

"What reports?" Nest hisses. "Nelson and Celling have been in the other world, but our only source on the politics of the goblins is a declaration that they're enemies to all life. Granted, that smacks more of religious fanaticism than anything else, but we really don't have any information. Why do you?"

How do you respond?

A: Choose from one of Glass's excellent selection of excuses (give the number you wish to select)
1. We work closely with Celling, so we may have had access to new reports before others did. Other possible military information things that MM can probably come up with go in this level.
2. A spy on the other side, sending information back and forth via the parrot. The parrot should be a known thing, they should know we can get stuff around fast with it.
3. Old Protinam records found during our investigations. Hey, they can predict the future, and very effectively. No need to make it clear they'd have had no way to predict this.
4. If all else fails, we'd heard about divination magic on the other side of the portal and decided to give it a try, and we got a bite.
5. All of the above?
B: Back down and say it was just a hunch
C: Something else
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 06, 2020, 10:33:10 am »

A2

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 06, 2020, 11:56:08 am »

A1. I went and spoke with Celling during his trip back to the capital. I've also been in contact with the scientists you've called in to study the situation, naturally, as my position dictates. Some of their conclusions are quite interesting. Asking our allies more detailed questions and being able to listen to the answers without their large societal biases provides more information than was first apparent.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 06, 2020, 02:56:00 pm »

A1. I went and spoke with Celling during his trip back to the capital. I've also been in contact with the scientists you've called in to study the situation, naturally, as my position dictates. Some of their conclusions are quite interesting. Asking our allies more detailed questions and being able to listen to the answers without their large societal biases provides more information than was first apparent.
+1, per discussions in Discord.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: May 27, 2020, 01:11:54 am »

Enir Nest seems satisfied by this. “Well, we can’t sign treaties on the word of hearsay,” he notes. He then turns to King Karastotz. “Your Majesty, I request permission to visit the portal and further ascertain the political scene there, as well as opening negotiations with the remaining Visionaries.”

“Granted,” Karastotz says. “Take Celling with you; he has information regarding both situations.”

“Mira, you and Fallas d’Florist are going to come along as well,” Nest continues, gesturing at them. “Given that the Protinam power is genetic, we should be able to duplicate them with biological manipulation.”

“Fallas?” Mira askes. “Since when is that quack an authority?”

“Dr. d’Florist is at least half responsible for all of our major uplifting breakthroughs,” Nest replies. “He comes along.”

“Wait,” Quill says. “Right before Padelheb threw me in jail, I was trying to deal with a blackmailer that was threatening to release secrets pertaining to the Cherub project. Did we ever get riots over that?

“Padelheb tried to pin it on you as justification to the masses for locking you up,” Nest replies. “After his demise, we convinced them that most of the evidence he produced was fabricated by his agents, and that the Cherub project was solely the work of T. Levin, who has exiled himself in repentance. The blackmailer himself was never seen again.”

Nest seems to be indecisive about where Quill goes - what does Erin Quill want to do?

A: Go to South America in order to assist Mira and Fallas
B: Stay in Antarctica to work on detecting David’s teleports and possibly other things

And about the Cherub secrets?

A: What the people don’t know won’t hurt them
B: Let’s set the record straight - Quill did approve that, even though he had little to do with it personally
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: May 27, 2020, 09:36:31 am »

This seems like the opposite of reaching a conclusion, it seems like adding more problems. Anyway, we don't actually need to track David right now since it's functionally impossible to apprehend him anyway, barring some serious effort and possibly also using the dice. As for T. Levin, well, he took the fall (and rightly so) and the sane people here didn't actually want that to happen anyway, so we're going to blame a temporary lapse of judgement and go with "keep quiet" on that second bit.

Therefore:
A, A
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2993 on: May 27, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »

AB

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 27, 2020, 04:14:12 pm »

AB
+1 we better reveal it now before someone slips.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: May 27, 2020, 05:00:15 pm »

What if we say we were given it for approval specifically when late at night, in the middle of a stack of less-objectionable proposals, and overall that it was done deceptively to pass it when it was known that it wouldn’t be otherwise?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 27, 2020, 07:30:26 pm »

AA

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: May 28, 2020, 07:47:06 am »

This seems like the opposite of reaching a conclusion, it seems like adding more problems. Anyway, we don't actually need to track David right now since it's functionally impossible to apprehend him anyway, barring some serious effort and possibly also using the dice. As for T. Levin, well, he took the fall (and rightly so) and the sane people here didn't actually want that to happen anyway, so we're going to blame a temporary lapse of judgement and go with "keep quiet" on that second bit.

Therefore:
A, A
+1

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: May 28, 2020, 01:33:53 pm »

Therefore:
A, A
+1
+1
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 203