Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My mom and sister think this girl likes me, thoughts?  (Read 3475 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My mom and sister think this girl likes me, thoughts?
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:00 am »

Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: My mom and sister think this girl likes me, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:01:30 am »

I'm not convinced for what little I can see of the conversation
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 03:47:33 pm »

Hey Newb good to see you asking more advice.
We cant really tell if she likes you and maybe your family is right maybe not.
Ask her if she wants to go on a date, if she says yes/no or the hesitant in between there's your answer.
Just be yourself man, being nervous is ok or you could dream about asking her and nothing ever comes from it.
Confronting her and anyone else can only improve your further interactions.
××××××××××××××××××

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »

Hey Newb good to see you asking more advice.
We cant really tell if she likes you and maybe your family is right maybe not.
Ask her if she wants to go on a date, if she says yes/no or the hesitant in between there's your answer.
Just be yourself man, being nervous is ok or you could dream about asking her and nothing ever comes from it.
Confronting her and anyone else can only improve your further interactions.

How do I ask her on a date tbh?

She works 8 - 5 and I work 3 - midnight during the week, I only see her on weekends.

But really how do you ask a girl out? I am so confused I should of just gone for the kiss today but she was talking about how we should hangout tonight so I thought I should wait.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »

Just steal her stuff and replace it with almost identical copies, close enough to the point where she isn't sure whether or not they are different, and then keep doing it, trust me, this is a great idea..... Not really though, don't actually do it, My advice is not legally binding, and you cannot sue me for any problems this causes

But seriously though, you're gonna need an Accelerator mass spectrometer, and you're gonna need to shove her into it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 07:48:48 pm »

Ask her if she'd like to hang out or something, maybe go to lunch?

Although if she's already hanging out with you, maybe just ask if she'd like to go to (convenient meal) sometime.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 08:27:18 pm »

But seriously though, you're gonna need an Accelerator mass spectrometer, and you're gonna need to shove her into it.
^^^ Sagely advice. Just don't get all confused and don't try shoving the mass spectrometer into her. That would be rude on a first date.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 11:23:18 pm »

After having some life talks with her twice today I think I have decided that I hate her and do not want to ever see her again.

She said that she is coming over tomorrow to talk to me no matter what but she is just reminding of me that annoying social worker who calls weekly asking if I am ok and I just don't pick up.

Honestly when she comes over tomorrow I think I will just be rude to her and tell her that I am starting to hate her. I am gonna make her cry, only cause she hurt me today. I am not gonna talk about how or why but the wound is just another one on my soul.

But the thing is, it won't change the fact that I am alone and hate my life.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 12:28:24 am »

Those of us who have been through the teen years and escaped out the other side are probably remembering all kinds of regrets from the time we went through this same phase as you, and might suggest how their current selves would do it differently. But they also know that their younger selves wouldn't appreciate the information given by their older selves.

(Personally, I never had access to a mass spectrometer, at that age. In hindsight, that was probably for the best, but perhaps I would have had fun if I did.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 06:10:36 am »

She said that she is coming over tomorrow to talk to me no matter what but she is just reminding of me that annoying social worker who calls weekly asking if I am ok and I just don't pick up.

Honestly when she comes over tomorrow I think I will just be rude to her and tell her that I am starting to hate her. I am gonna make her cry, only cause she hurt me today.
Don't be surprised if her older brother shows up at your doorstep and kicks a few teeth out of your mouth if you do that. You'd even kinda deserve it.

Would you like someone to hurt you and make you cry, just for no apparent reason? No? Don't do onto others that which you do not want done onto yourself.

EDIT: There's better and politer ways of turning a girl down if she's not what you are looking for.
You could tell her bluntly, but honestly 'You make me feel like I am your social case, I don't like that, this is not working out'.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:17:12 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 11:02:50 am »

Heres the thing Newb. We can't help if you won't talk to us.
This is twice now you've ignored what has been said and I can sell you my old mass spectrometer for a nice towel but thats besides the point.
I fully agree with matinuzz here

To answer your question about asking a girl out. Easy "**** would you like to go on a date with me, I'll buy you some hot chips and pull chairs for you"
"I want to take you out somewhere and get to know you" or my favorite "I've got an ounce do you wanna get that fine ass in my caddy" it only works for sexy drug dealers though.
××××××××××××××××××

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:20 pm »

I like how you're all just causally referencing my joke about radiocarbon dating, it's great

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »

I like how you're all just causally referencing my joke about radiocarbon dating, it's great
I assumed we were talking about Argon-Argon dating...  (The youth of today... *sigh*)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 02:49:29 pm »

Ok a lot happened but pretty much last night she came with a guy to pick me up and we went to a party and I spent a solid hour talking to her on the couch about how I am super depressed and stuff and then she had the guy drive me home cause I said I wanted to just go home and sleep (I had a bit of tears in my eyes, felt weak).

I also decided to get back on steroids as my emotions are definitely more in check on them. I told her about the steroids and that was interesting to talk about. She was very much against them.

I will probably see her today. IDK what's going on. I don't think she likes me but she gives mixed signals. I just called and talked to her on the phone and she said that she is free to hangout whenever and wheither I want to hangout now and get a coffee and talk or hangout later tonight (I have to go pick persons from the airport at 6:30Pm).
I didn't really answer and she said to just text her. I am going to go return empty cans and bottles soon to the store and she lives near there. I don't know if we should meet up and how I should go about everything.

For one I feel like she is starting to view me as less of a person and more of a character.

On the other hand she keeps wanting to hangout with me and stuff.

There is also the whole deal with that other guy, who I know ended up going with her to her own place an hour away I think. IDK if that actually happened but it was the plan they had before they dropped me off at home last night. It's weird when I asked about him she said nothing is going on but it REALLY doesn't seem that way.

Anyways my mind is in a bad place. I injected for the first time in 3 weeks today and hopefully it will make me feel less depressed like it did before.

I just need money man.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »

Quote from: From some typical advice about steroids
Psychological effects. Misusing anabolic steroids can also cause the following psychological or emotional effects: aggressive behaviour. mood swings.
I share your friend/whatever's concerns.  IANADoctor, and I don't know anything about you apart from what you've revealed, but unless it's a medical need (noting that self-prescribing, like it appears you do, makes that unlikely) I would stay away from these at all costs.

It's tempting to take what you say regarding the guy as meaning he is her true boyfriend, but that's through your interpretation. If he is, she seems to like you as a friend, so consider the possibility that she fancies you and he is 'just' a friend. Especially if her feelings are unrequited (due to your apparent ambivalence to her) and he's happily acting as her 'wingman'.

That's all hypothetical. Right now I understand how she might consider you a character, you're presenting yourself to us as a character, by your own words.

Look, it's possible that you're destined to be merely platonic friends (so long as you don't push her away further) or that she has great feelings for you but is currently concerned for your welfare or state of mind. With 'friends with benefits' sitting nicely between. But there's no real way to know on the information we have, and maybe not even if we'd been looking over your shoulder all this time.

In words that I don't use lightly, you first need to get your shit together. I don't know what shit, entirely, but it sounds like there is definitely some out there, loose, beyond what you've already told us.  A heart-to-heart (or at least tete-a-tete) is needed, but it would be good to know where you are in yourself before you do that. But don't take too long.

And if you're unsure where you are, then you're at least open to mildly and pleasantly surprised by finding that you are her crush, but also content to discover that she just likes you for conversation, perhaps the one person she knows who doesn't keep hitting on her. Don't close either door, while trying to find out which one(s!) actually lead somewhere.

And if it crashes and burns, learn. Don't dwell, don't rebuke, don't throw your toys out of the pram (if it goes wrong). Don't assume you have found the stairway to heaven, don't get clingy and don't (definitely don't) immediately propose marriage (if it goes oh so wonderfully right).

You seem to have something with this girl, special in one way or another. And a friendship of any kind is a good thing. (So long as there's no hint of her running with organised crime, being partial to boiling pet rabbits or being an Infiltration-Bot from the future, that is. Just keep a sharp eye out for the signs and keep an 'escape kit bag' in your closet, I suggest.)

I am not a relationship councillor. I can't tell you that my own history in this sphere has been perfect. You'll not get anyone able to sort you out in a foolproof1 way to proceed. "Guaranteed pick-up lined" are bunkum and no other type of line will come withban iron-clad warranty. It's on you, I'm afraid. But then that's been the case for virtually every other human throughout the world, throughout history, and some of them clearly managed ok, at least some of the time. The odds really aren't so terrible, and you often get to roll again.

1 With the fool it needs to be proof against being any of us, you, her, that guy, your mom, your sister, President Trump...  Take your pick.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:07:47 pm by Starver »
Pages: [1] 2 3